Our Melting Pot Reviews

4th/Floor Mavenue Building, #7844 Makati Avenue co, Guerrero Street, 1209 Makati City, Manila, Philippines

Ok if you want cheap and cheerful but its not that cheap. I'd pay the extra and stay elsewhere. Staff are friendly and helpful though. Rubbish nights sleep from the noise of kareoke bar nearby.

The staff couldn't provide us with any information about what to do in the city and where to eat. The showers were dirty.

• 24th Jan 2016

There aren't many public transport options around the hostel (train station etc) and that made it a bit difficult to walk around the city as the traffic was always crazy. The rooms are really comfortable; it is one of the cleanest hostels I've ever stayed in. The staff was also great providing information and being super friendly.

The only thing that might bother guest is it can get reeeeealy loud outside which might keep you up fortunately I can sleep through anything.Across the street night market &mall with grocery store plus night life.

I have stayed in OMP 3 times already. I choose this hostel whenever I come to the Philippines, because the place is really like at home. The staff is very kind and helpful and they keep clean the bathroom and toilet always clean. I already miss them.

• 19th Jan 2016
  • Japan

Security could've been improved with locks on the room doors. Someone always on duty though. Location is by restaurants and bars but FAR from Old Manila. Given everything is hard to get to, its not good to be far from the sites. Staff is very nice, helpful and generous. Atmosphere is good at breakfast. They try to make breakfast a little more special, but I prefer endless toast and toppings because I left quite hungry given the limits. Average value for money, a little high. Facilities alright.

Really nice place, good aand friendly atmosphere. I felt like homethe first minute I arrived.

Very good place to stay. Free tour of Manila is good and they organise other tours

I was las sing by Manila for 2 days and it was gold valué for the money. The te in room was ok for one or two persons wifi worked well and staff was friendly. Bathrooms were shared and ok there were water issues.

A little bit noisy during the night, nothing a good pair of ear plugs can't solve. Good value for money!

• 17th Dec 2015
  • Portugal

The place was alright... The dorm I was in was right beside the kitchen, so it was loud. There were many cockroaches in our room. Not the most happening hostel. Staff was friendly and helpful though.. Probably wouldn't stay again though.

great for staying couple of days in Manila. all kinds of food and bars and malls around.

Great hostel! Very friendly staff, good and safe location, amazing emailed instructions, great tours to taal and true Manila, great atmosphere! And Hot showers! Only wish for more lockers /to be able to use a bigger lock on the lockers

Very good hostel I felt like family there, thank you for everything.

Not a whole lot to say, internet went down on the second day so I left.

Nice location, very helpful staff, nice atmosphere, beds have curtains so there is privacy, there are lockers for storing valuables , breakfast is included, walking tours are organised daily. I met some nice people here :) Would be great if there were sockets for each bed for charging electronics.

first time me and my friends have stayed in a hostel and we loved the experience there was a warm and friendly atmosphere that makes it feel like a home away from home because it was such a good experience we will look to stay in hostels on our travels In the future.

• 21st Nov 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

I enjoyed my stay. The breakfast included is a nice extra. Unfortunately the showers are pretty weak but they were kept clean by the staff. Good common area and easy to meet people.

Good place to be in Manila. I wish they had taxi service, cuz hailing a cab in the Philippines is a nightmare sometimes. Other than that the facilities were ok. I had a private room and they provided a thin sheet that was a curtain for your blanket. If you wanted a thicker sheet, you will be charged. ¿Why? Besides that the staff were awesome and helpful. The free breakfast was a joke, as are most free breakfasts in the Philippines.

Great location and lovely staff, needs a good clean, needs plug sockets, needs to be better for the price

« first « Prev 1 2 3