Our Melting Pot

8.8
Fabulous 1413 Total Reviews

6th Apr 2017
4.9

I chose this hostel because I read that another hostel was a party hostel, although that other hostel looks newer and more clean. I regret choosing this hostel, because it very too dirty for me. I think the restrooms and showers were a bit dirty. If I can do it again, I would rather choose a clean but noisy hostel over a quiet and dirty hostel. The kitchen acts as the main lobby room for the guests, but the room was so hot that I didn't want to be in it. I would rather be in my dorm room.

Hello! We admit to this unfortunate situation in OMP 2 weeks ago. A family member of one of our staff on duty was rushed to the hospital and another one had an emergency. It is not an excuse though; we are doing our best so that this does not happen again.

• England, Male, 31-40
6th Apr 2017

Great hostel made by the staff, Jerome and Budi (Sorry if it's spelt wrong) did some great yours of the city, very knowledgeable and good to be around! Memorable time for sure also I had a bad chest which Annie made me a drink of salted tea to gargle which fixed it right up! Some service that

• Netherlands, Male, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
4th Apr 2017

Stayed two nights and really liked this place. Spacious rooms, comfy beds, good showers, good wifi and very clean. Staff was nice and location ok. Close to street food market, about 30-40 mins from intramuros (only sightseeing spot in town) and at 4am it took 40 mins to get to the airport (probably more like 2 hours during rush hour). Only thing was the free breakfast was very light. Would recommend if you're going to Manila.

• Germany, Female, 31-40
2nd Apr 2017

OMP didn't disappoint. It had an authentic homey feel, like crashing in your best friend's place with many other guests who can instantly be your friends. I did the Sunday market tour with the staff as well as the unforgettable True Manila volunteer activity. The hostel allowed me to see the balance between poverty with its usual challenges and the face of the city that rocks at night. The staff will take care of you like family. That alone will make you come back. Two thumbs up!

1st Apr 2017

After staying in OMP El Nido, I didn't even need recommendations for this place. Both hostels have an excellent atmosphere, really friendly and helpful 24/7 staff. Breakfast is simple with toast and jam, aircon works well in the bedrooms, beds are comfortable, hot working showers and not-so-clean toilets, but that's because of the number of guests staying there. Staff cleans the bathrooms all the time but some guests still leave a mess behind them. Great location, best value for money in Makati!

• Germany, Female, 31-40
29th Mar 2017

A bunch of great hosts made my stay truly memorable. OMP is one of a kind. Manila at first is not exciting city but this hostel more than makes up for it. Also I got my bed for really cheap, last minute promo in Hostelworld. You might just get one as well when booking really late at night, on the date of your arrival.

26th Mar 2017

Fantastic staff, very clean and great atmosphere. Bathrooms are clean just kind of a weird design (I'm being picky I guess.) I didn't have much time in Manila bc I read reviews that you should get out of Manila quickly. I found the city to be awesome and thats thanks to OMP showing me the ropes. I'll be planning a bit more time in Manila in the future. Solid recommendation for OMP.

• templeofgoon
  • Australia, Male, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
16th Mar 2017

Excellent location and super friendly staff! The rooms were nicely kept and a communal kitchen for use and a few chill out areas

7th Mar 2017
7.1

Our Melting Pot was the first hostel I stayed at in Manila. For the price it was pretty decent and had everything I needed. Good AC, and usable kitchen, working internet, etc. The facilities were a bit out dated, and they. Oils definitely upgrade there lockers, and beef up the security in the dorm rooms.

• England, Female, 25-30
3rd Mar 2017

We loved our stay here! Stayed for 3 nights and wished it could have been longer. Right by lots of bars, coffee shops etc. Super clean. Really nice social atmosphere where we met loads of people - perfect for solo travellers. Chargers by beds etc and curtains on bottom bunks was a nice touch. Went on a tour with boodie which was hilarious and worth doing but exhausting - be aware the one hour tour you think you're going on will become 8 hours long with no control when you stop to have a beer!