Our Melting Pot

Fabulous 1428 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1428 Total Reviews

• Romania, Male, 25-30
18th Jun 2017

It is a good place to stay in Makati. It is extremely cheap (I think it is been the cheapest hostel I've ever been too) and a good value for money. The rooms are cold but the common areas are hot, as there is no AC. The showers are hit and miss, most of them are clean, some are not, so even if you find one that you don't like, you can go to another one. The atmosphere is okay, with two big common areas but again, it tends to be very hot. I'll return there when I return to Makati.

10th Jun 2017

The hostel is fairly comfortable and clean, in the heart of the red light district, which can definitely grant you with some fun, if you are looking for parties and strip clubs.. :P Other than that, it was quite easy to go to the other places the staff recommended, and there were plenty of places to eat around (mostly fast food, though)..

• jenleighwebste6804
  • USA, All Male Group, 41+
4th Jun 2017

PROS - each bed has curtains, a reading light and a plug, the dorm rooms are air conditioned, there is hot water, the shower had good water pressure, there are lots of restaurants to choose from and a 7-11 right around the corner, small breakfast is included, free filtered water, you can rent a towel for 30 pesos.. CONS - the common rooms are not air conditioned, they put me in a 6 person dorm when I had booked a 4

2nd Jun 2017

The staff at OMP are very friendly and attentive. The rooms are very clean, as well as the showers and toilets. I would recommend this place to any traveler.

• England, All Male Group, 25-30
29th May 2017
8.0

There was zero atmosphere at this hostel, and it is also based on the red light district of Manila. The hostel was perfect for a place to sleep before a flight onward but not for meeting people or going out partying (unless strip clubs are what your after)

• Switzerland, Couple, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
19th May 2017

The location is great, restaurants, bars, streetfood, markets all within walking distance. The staff is helpful and tried there best to make you feel at home. The breakfast is really bad, not toasted toast and if you want more than one coffee you have to pay extra for instant coffee, the hostel would be better off without serving poor breakfast. The rooms are clean and the common areas are nice.

25th Apr 2017

Manila was my first stop in the Philippines during my RTW trip and the staff here was wonderful. I need to give a special shout out to Jerome who was very kind and helpful during my stay. He gave some good recommendations and even helped arrange my stay with the other OMP hostel in El Nido (Palawan) after websites were showing no available bookings for the time I was there. He was a big help and the location was solid too. Facilities were clean and the staff here really went above and beyond.

6th Apr 2017
4.9

I chose this hostel because I read that another hostel was a party hostel, although that other hostel looks newer and more clean. I regret choosing this hostel, because it very too dirty for me. I think the restrooms and showers were a bit dirty. If I can do it again, I would rather choose a clean but noisy hostel over a quiet and dirty hostel. The kitchen acts as the main lobby room for the guests, but the room was so hot that I didn't want to be in it. I would rather be in my dorm room.

Hello! We admit to this unfortunate situation in OMP 2 weeks ago. A family member of one of our staff on duty was rushed to the hospital and another one had an emergency. It is not an excuse though; we are doing our best so that this does not happen again.

• England, Male, 31-40
6th Apr 2017

Great hostel made by the staff, Jerome and Budi (Sorry if it's spelt wrong) did some great yours of the city, very knowledgeable and good to be around! Memorable time for sure also I had a bad chest which Annie made me a drink of salted tea to gargle which fixed it right up! Some service that

• Netherlands, Male, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
4th Apr 2017

Stayed two nights and really liked this place. Spacious rooms, comfy beds, good showers, good wifi and very clean. Staff was nice and location ok. Close to street food market, about 30-40 mins from intramuros (only sightseeing spot in town) and at 4am it took 40 mins to get to the airport (probably more like 2 hours during rush hour). Only thing was the free breakfast was very light. Would recommend if you're going to Manila.