Our Melting Pot Reviews

4th/Floor Mavenue Building, #7844 Makati Avenue co, Guerrero Street, 1209 Makati City, Manila, Philippines

first time me and my friends have stayed in a hostel and we loved the experience there was a warm and friendly atmosphere that makes it feel like a home away from home because it was such a good experience we will look to stay in hostels on our travels In the future.

• 21st Nov 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

I enjoyed my stay. The breakfast included is a nice extra. Unfortunately the showers are pretty weak but they were kept clean by the staff. Good common area and easy to meet people.

Good place to be in Manila. I wish they had taxi service, cuz hailing a cab in the Philippines is a nightmare sometimes. Other than that the facilities were ok. I had a private room and they provided a thin sheet that was a curtain for your blanket. If you wanted a thicker sheet, you will be charged. ¿Why? Besides that the staff were awesome and helpful. The free breakfast was a joke, as are most free breakfasts in the Philippines.

Great location and lovely staff, needs a good clean, needs plug sockets, needs to be better for the price

I would definitely recommend this hostel to whoever is traveling to Makati. I had a not that great experience on our trip to Philippines. The traffic was horrible and we missed our ferry. Maria really helped us and guided us through the entire trip. I am forever thankful we chose this hostel. My friend and I actually got a room upgrade so it was very pleasant. There is a tour the hostel offers everyday (I think) from 1-5:30 PM or so. Do check it out if you have the time!!

• 11th Nov 2015

The walking tour was amazing and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The location is perfect since you're right across from the night market which was amazing!

Cool place, nice staff, nice area in makati.

definitely a fun hostel but the air con went out one night and there is only one fan in each room. terrible. they should be prepared with extra fans. or install fans for each bed in case this happens again. laundry has a minimum weight. book your tours through them.

the afternoon tour was amazing, had a lot of fun. the staff are also very nice and polite. unfortunately my room was located next to the lobby and was woken up by people who were returning from the bar two nights in a row. there also were not enough blankets for my room when using the aircon.. eventually I just gave up using the aircon because it made the room freezing -- provide more blankets instead of the thin sheet would have been nice.

• 22nd Oct 2015

Great stay! Was there for 2 nights, 3 days and, even though I was stuck in bed with pneumonia, I had a great time. The facilities were good (comfortable bed, nicely set up hostel, cute living room, great breakfast), there were plenty of things to do around the hostel and the hostel staff was perfect (I fell in love with Mama Whelma). They even have an (almost) free walking tour, which was pretty cool. Definitely recommend!!

Keep doing what your doing and the facebook message is probably the nicest thing any hostel has done for me thank you.

Nice hostel, though the atmosphere could be better.

Stayed there 3 times while in the Philippines! Great Hostel!

Cool little hostel right in Makati, next to a lot of nightlife and the awesome food market. If your here for the true manila tour make sure you go, it's a game changer. Also v close to the two weekend markets for good food Sat/sun day times. Manila can be a bit much for some people but come stay here and they will sort you out. If your lucky you will be there for the pancake breakfast too!

Dorms are nice with drapes so you can have some privacy. The staff is beyond helpful and the breakfast is really nice. It also goes on until like 1 pm.. awesome! The place is a bit hard to find but it's nicely located right on the bar street so you are close to the center. Only downside is that our room smelled of foot and that they usually don't have the AC in reception on and then it gets super hot haha! The free walking tour was also a super cool thing they arranged. Would stay again!

Great Hostel! Had a Great time! Thanks!

Great hostel. Good location with night market outside. Free walking tour a big positive.

Fantastic friendly and helpful staff. Very clean and comfortable. Great location. Will stay there again.

the 4 ppl female dorm is so so small.....but the staff there were nice n helpful. Met other girls, who came to take part in the conference, in the room,was actually interesting. They were talktive.

The staff at OMP is very courteous and humble. Cleanliness is exceptional. Amazing value for money. Breakfast options are great too.

• 20th Aug 2015