Our Melting Pot Reviews

4th/Floor Mavenue Building, #7844 Makati Avenue co, Guerrero Street, 1209 Makati City, Manila, Philippines

I started typing this review and ran out of space to say exactly how much I loved staying at Our Melting Pot. Everything was great, but I'll use my space to talk about the fantastic staff here. The facilities were fantastic, but what I always want to do is meet new people while traveling. The folks at Our Melting Pot not only encouraged guests to meet one another through tours and outings, the staff themselves were just wonderful people to hang out with. I'd come back in a heartbeat. 10/10 A+

• 18th Jul 2014

You guys are amazing. Thank you!

• 6th Jul 2014

Been in this hostel for around 30x since September 2013. Guess that says everything :)

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Finland

OMP has a classic "hostel" vibe that is hard to find in the Philippines, excellent for meeting new people with great staff

Our Melting Pot is a very sociable hostel in a smart area of Manilla, I enjoyed my stay here.

Abit on the pricey side, but its a really nice hostel. They need a sign outside to make it easier to find the place and a few more hooks in the common bathroom to put your stuff, but besides that its a nice hostel. The rooftop is really good for chilling out and the staff (the guy is a bit hard to understand and comes off as unfriendly, but he seemed alright in the end) were helpful and nice.

Solid hostel. No issues to speak of, but nothing particularly remarkable either. Little warm, but I think that's just Manila in general.

Best experience ever in staying in a backpacker hostel!! Staff, atmosphere, security and facilities around makes it by far the most valuable hostel in the capital!! You'll have lots of fun meeting Elvie, Mr. Bong, Kenneth, Daryl, Grace, Jhie and the rest of the crew..;-) I had the chance to be invited at the birthday celebration of the owner Mr. Ronald at the hotel and it has been a very beautiful moment of travelers mixed together with local people around typical Filipino food. Great time!!!

Never have i thought that i would also know omp as not just the place i sleep in waiting for my flight and meet backpackers like me. But having a home in the city filled with a family. I define omp as people from different walks of life..who understands you and your needs. Special mention to the staff i have learned to love..my first love Onie..my ateng Elvie, the gracious grace..night peeps dharyl and kenngie, laurie, boody.Madam Chat and Sir Bong.more power

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Philippines

Such a great place, staff were friendly, people were nice, breakfast was great. Had the best time staying there.

Awesome! Great crew. Great atmosphere. Highly recommended!!!

• 17th Jun 2014

Great hostel, lovely staff, nice free walking tour. Clean, comfortable and it feels like a home. Will absolutely stay here again when I'm in Manila!

The 4 bedroom dorm is tiny! And there's decoration noise in the morning and bar noise at night... I didn't make it to the tour cuz there were not enough people that day, the staff are friendly though.

The problem is the noise outside and inside till 2 am

Sadly, the situation is currently beyond our control; the construction noise at day-time originates from the ground floor of the adjacent bldg. We hope though in the immediate action of authorities and responsible people who have been requested not to engage in heavy drilling before 10am Light sleepers are willingly transferred to vacant beds in other rooms at no extra cost, upon request.

Lovely place, tasty free bread for breakfast The location is good, and staffs are really nice and helpful.

This is a great place to stay if you are stopping in Manila. Restaurants, malls, pharmacies. Great bars just blocks away. Free tours!!!. Warm people managing the hostel.

• 8th Jun 2014
  • Colombia

The staff at OMP really make it as a hostel - they are super friendly and inclusive and really keen to make sure that all their guests are having a great time. Thanks for a great stay!

I really enjoyed my stay at OMP hostel. The staff were fantastic and lots of fun! The atmosphere was great and it was a very welcoming and social hostel. The hostel was clean, secure and in a safe suburb of Manila. I really enjoyed my experience there and would recommend it to anyone.

• 5th Jun 2014

The staff goes above and beyond. A few of them in particular were incredibly friendly and welcoming; they made the stay enjoyable and fostered a good atmosphere among the tenets. Facilities are clean and well-managed. Unfortunately, a few of the mixed dorms are to exposed to noise pollution for anyone to get a good nights sleep. The internet is terrible and the manager needs to fix it. Other than that, GREAT Hostel. Woody's tours are fantastic and he has great enthusiasm. Great people!

• 4th Jun 2014

Great place and location in Metro Manila,in the middle of Makati City.Grocery store, restaurant,even CoffeeBean only nearby by walk!Easily to find taxi,jeepnee to go within the city area.Friendly and helpful staff,they do offer a free city tour, you couldn't ask for more!Bathrooms were clean and rooms were comfortable.Free WiFi in common area and computer with access internet so with the breakfast is so good too.A big shout out thank You to Elvie and all OMP team. Definitely will come back again

• 3rd Jun 2014