Our Melting Pot Reviews

4th/Floor Mavenue Building, #7844 Makati Avenue co, Guerrero Street, 1209 Makati City, Manila, Philippines

The staff was nice anf helpful. At night it was a little noisy. Overall it was comportable to stay there.

• 2nd May 2014
  • South Korea

wifi, breakfast, local tours, super friendly

• 30th Apr 2014

My stay at Our Melting Pot in Manila was fabulous. As it were my first days in the Philippines, it was good to stay in a place where you're not just a number. The hostel organized a couple of events (the old city tour is a must) and helped with some itinerary suggestions for the rest of the trip in the Philippines. BTW: Our Melting Pot in El Nido is worth a visit as well!

Although the building itself is quite dated, the hostel on 4th floor is a quirky place. OMP has great atmosphere and its stuff are always happy to go tht extramextra mile for their guests. Manila is not an easy city for tourists, at OMP they help you to make the most of it by organising daily tours at no cost to guest. I would definitely recommend OMP to others.

The free walking tour was great, and the private double was very comfortable. Many of the staff stay in the hostel, which gives it a homely feel. Also, there was a noisy nightclub across the street, but the music seemed to stop around midnight. You do have to pay to cook a meal in the kitchen. It was a nominal fee but still unexpected. Overall, a nice hostel and a good stay.

Super hostel. Fantastic free walking tour.

For the most part, the hostel was fine. I only had an issue with the staff. I left a paper bag of supplements out and one of the staff put it in the cupboard. I asked a staff person about this, and she seemed to care less. Luckily, as I was searching around, I found this bag before leaving to the airport.

Had someone at the front desk which was nice because of my late flight. And they really explained a lot about how to get there and how to grab a can from the airport. I can't say anything bad about the place. There are security cameras everywhere and they had a security guard at the base of the building. It felt very safe. The staff is also really helpful when you ask a question or need suggestions about the Philippines.

• 13th Apr 2014

Michelle is the best tour guide and now a new friend! Best hostel in Manila! You will always have something to do here and it's easy to make friends.

Showers were blocked and a bit dirty. Beds were flimsy. No real great atmosphere. MNL boutique hostel was much much better!!

Everything is clean. The breakfast is wonderful. So do the staffs :) They really make the atmosphere of the hostel to be chill and relax. Also, the organized some karaoke stuff for the guests too. The location is good, but there's should be a bigger sign of the hostel though.

Amazing atmosphere and superb location. No doubt it, is the place to go in Manila. The owner took us for a great free tour and the whole staff is just one of the best i ever met. Its close to great bars and restaurants and at the same time easy to get cheap bites. I wish I can go back soon, made great friends there.

I had a great experience in OMP. Top notch staff going way beyond the expected to make sure you feel welcome and comfortable. Great vibe! Thanks again!

i arrived in the philippines and checked in to our melting pot (OMP) it was the right choise for me because i stayed in a few hostels before but never had this familiar feeling like in this place. the staff is so friendly and helpfull, if you have any questions for planing your trip they wont hesitat to help you and give you the best recommodations where to go..the rooms are clean and with aircon and also breakfast is included. a free tour to old manila was avaiable .. i came back a second time

Great experience for just 1 night. Common room are perfect to make new friends and the staff is super!!

I stayed in OMP for about 1 week and that was mainly because of the awesome staff and the nice atmosphere they created! I can definitely recommend this hostel to anyone who are going to Manila.

• 6th Apr 2014
  • Sweden

Thank you had a great stay, great free walking tour

Staff makes us feel at home. And very welcoming. Help us with almost everything ang give you suggestions without imposing anything. Great free day tour, karaoke nights or just the breakfast. Dorms are small but very nice!!

Very nice hostel, good staffs they were kindness and helpful. they have good tour to go to the other city.

Best hostel I have seen so far, amazing staff who are both helpful and friendly. Very clean.

• 2nd Apr 2014