Our Melting Pot Reviews

4th/Floor Mavenue Building, #7844 Makati Avenue co, Guerrero Street, 1209 Makati City, Manila, Philippines

The hostel is simply home away from home. All staff members are very very cooperative and helping nature. Specially BOB is having good command on the administration of Hostel. The hostel is close to airport but traffic in MANILA is always problematic. I like FREE OLD MANILA CITY TOUR. The tour guide was excellent and he always use to speak and provides lot of information. Tour guide took us to ARMY NAVY restaurant which is situated at MANILA BAY. The food is good and cheap.

Overall the hostel is clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. Good place to stay for couple of nights :)

I stayed in this hostel on two occasions, the first occasion was a very positive experience. The second time however we stayed in the dorm beside the kitchen and had a flight to catch at 4am. We expected a certain amount of noise until 12am, however the noise continued until 1am. When we told the staff about this they shrugged it off with no apologies. Disappointing as we had found the staff extremely helpful and friendly previous to that.

A friendly hostel and a great place to meet people. The area it's in is interesting and as safe as Manila gets!

Great staff, perfect location in the heart of Makati, probably not going to find a better hostel in the city

Friendly helpful staff, very central location for a night out, good atmosphere

• 9th May 2014

OMP was a great stay, I would probably give it a 4/5 stars. I had the private room with 2 beds. The room was clean and had enough space for our bags. The only thing that bothered me was that the AC unit made a loud vacuum sound every other second while it was running due to the water that came out. Bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper. Other than that, they organized the Taal volcano tour and a Reggae club night which were both great. Breakfast is filling and the place is very clean.

The staff was nice anf helpful. At night it was a little noisy. Overall it was comportable to stay there.

• 2nd May 2014
  • South Korea

wifi, breakfast, local tours, super friendly

• 30th Apr 2014

My stay at Our Melting Pot in Manila was fabulous. As it were my first days in the Philippines, it was good to stay in a place where you're not just a number. The hostel organized a couple of events (the old city tour is a must) and helped with some itinerary suggestions for the rest of the trip in the Philippines. BTW: Our Melting Pot in El Nido is worth a visit as well!

Although the building itself is quite dated, the hostel on 4th floor is a quirky place. OMP has great atmosphere and its stuff are always happy to go tht extramextra mile for their guests. Manila is not an easy city for tourists, at OMP they help you to make the most of it by organising daily tours at no cost to guest. I would definitely recommend OMP to others.

The free walking tour was great, and the private double was very comfortable. Many of the staff stay in the hostel, which gives it a homely feel. Also, there was a noisy nightclub across the street, but the music seemed to stop around midnight. You do have to pay to cook a meal in the kitchen. It was a nominal fee but still unexpected. Overall, a nice hostel and a good stay.

Super hostel. Fantastic free walking tour.

For the most part, the hostel was fine. I only had an issue with the staff. I left a paper bag of supplements out and one of the staff put it in the cupboard. I asked a staff person about this, and she seemed to care less. Luckily, as I was searching around, I found this bag before leaving to the airport.

Had someone at the front desk which was nice because of my late flight. And they really explained a lot about how to get there and how to grab a can from the airport. I can't say anything bad about the place. There are security cameras everywhere and they had a security guard at the base of the building. It felt very safe. The staff is also really helpful when you ask a question or need suggestions about the Philippines.

• 13th Apr 2014

Michelle is the best tour guide and now a new friend! Best hostel in Manila! You will always have something to do here and it's easy to make friends.

Showers were blocked and a bit dirty. Beds were flimsy. No real great atmosphere. MNL boutique hostel was much much better!!

Everything is clean. The breakfast is wonderful. So do the staffs :) They really make the atmosphere of the hostel to be chill and relax. Also, the organized some karaoke stuff for the guests too. The location is good, but there's should be a bigger sign of the hostel though.

Amazing atmosphere and superb location. No doubt it, is the place to go in Manila. The owner took us for a great free tour and the whole staff is just one of the best i ever met. Its close to great bars and restaurants and at the same time easy to get cheap bites. I wish I can go back soon, made great friends there.

I had a great experience in OMP. Top notch staff going way beyond the expected to make sure you feel welcome and comfortable. Great vibe! Thanks again!