Our Melting Pot Reviews

4th/Floor Mavenue Building, #7844 Makati Avenue co, Guerrero Street, 1209 Makati City, Manila, Philippines

The best hostel ever!! Wonderful staff and owner :)

My recommendation for your stay in Manila. Located close to Makati in the Burgos area (redlight district and some normal bars). It was always clean, the free breakfast until 11AM is really nice (cereal and toast). Got my laundry done in like 6 hours for about 60 pesos per kilo. They have lockers, but outside the rooms which is OK, but there aren't enough for everyone. Staff was superb and even though I checked in at 6AM when my night bus arrived, I could stay in the lounge and sleep. Great value

The team was really pleasant and offered a wise range of activities ! Had a great time !

What wonderful place to stay need a ton of wonderful people. Split a car with a few other guests and headed to the volcano. Defiantly take the city tour i learned so much. They go out of their way make you feel like your at home.

Good location for nightlife, less great for getting downtown, but there's very little sightseeing in Manila anyway, so that's not a problem. Staff are helpful informative and there's a decent Mexican restaurant around the corner.

Great place. No complaints outside the terrible internet connection and slow computers. Staff was fantastic and the breakfest was good.

• 1st Jan 2014

Staff are very helpful, will help you organise anything you want just ask! The only negative is the hostel is across the road from late night bars, it is very noisy (until 2.30-4am).

Great hostel to be in with a very social vibe.great comfy beds,good trips offered and the owner, chateaux, is so helpful knowledgeable and honest that it makes the stay here comfortable.

I stayed here on Christmas day and the staff were awesome. They cooked a free dinner for everyone and were so helpful and friendly. I also did a day trip which was organised by the hostel. They organise many events and have so much information to help with your onward journey. A member of staff even carried my heavy backpack down 5 flights of stairs and then hailed me a taxi and negotiated the price. I had such a great time here.

The staff were amazing and made you feel like it was your home instead of just a hostel. They were so kind and generous and I would definitely recommend Our Melting Pot!!

Omp is a great hostel in a clean area of manila. The family a great christmas dinner for us, gave us a tour of the city and breakfast is very homey every morning. Its clean, not to expensive and theres a nice roofterrace to hang out. Honestly dont have any cons to mention, stay at omp!

Had a great time at Our Melting Pot, the facilities are up to scratch and the staff are really friendly. Couldn't ask for more to be honest...

• 21st Dec 2013
  • Wales

Stayed there only for one night, but I really enjoy it ! Meet with a lot of new people , went for the greatest party with them ! Thanks Michelle, Joahanna for the great company ! Anya

• 21st Dec 2013
  • Russia

Great stay and a great time!! Would stay here again

• 18th Dec 2013

If you want to truly experience Manila, stay at Our Melting Pot. The location is amazing for experiencing Filipino culture: street food, shopping centers, restaurants, and local nightlife. But what makes OMP stand out is the staff. They work non-stop to ensure you are enjoying your stay and will even accompany you for late night Filipino snacks! The only less positive feedback I have is that the bunk bed I was on was pretty wobbly, so for a while I thought the bed was going to collapse.

• 13th Dec 2013

Very friendly staff upon first arrival we were greeted with a friendly smile and offered a drink. The staff were friendly and even provided us with an early morning breakfast as our flight was at 7am. Would definitely stay here again

• 10th Dec 2013

Let me just start by saying this is the most pleasent hostel I have ever stayed in... its even better than the hotels I have stayed in! The friendliness of all the staff is totally outstanding. The second you enter the hostel you are welcomed with a warm smile and a drink is offered! I haven't received this type of hospitality in any 4 or 5 star hotel I have stayed in... and I stay in alot of hotels! They go above and beyond what is expected and I would recommend Our Melting Pot Hostel!!

• 24th Nov 2013
  • South Africa

Best staff ever. They cooked typical philippines food for us, took care of us the whole time

Brilliant stay at the Melting Pot. Staff was amazing and friendly and would recommend it to everyone! Elvie and the team rocks!

• 19th Nov 2013

This hostel was in a very lively, safe, fun area of Makati City. It was convenient to get to the rest of Manila and I felt very safe walking around by myself. The rooms were comfortable, the showers clean for the most part, and the breakfast delicious. The staff was also very kind. I would highly recommend this hostel for anyone making a stop in Manila on their next trip to the Philippines!