Our Melting Pot Reviews

4th/Floor Mavenue Building, #7844 Makati Avenue co, Guerrero Street, 1209 Makati City, Manila, Philippines

Decent hostel with very helpful staff 24hrs a day, bed was comfy. They cleaned the shower area and kept everything in good order. The food market across the street is a great cheap option for a evening meal

The hostel is located a few minutes away from a lively party district. The facilities were okay, they could have been better. The beds could have been update using metal frames instead of wood and the shades were kept together by tape and string.

Great location, very clean and helpful staff. Only thing was the noise at night. Music was blasting all night and the motorcycles were really loud at 7 am. We did not sleep well. We stayed one night on a Tuesday. There was, however, a cool night market right across the street.

Lovely and accommodating staff. Facilities clean and to a standard that would be expected of a well-kept hostel. Atmosphere is ideal for a solo travel. Great value for money.

• 1st Mar 2015

I would certainly recommend this Hostel to any backpacker. Great location and staff. I ended up staying here at the beginning and end of my trip.

The staff friendly and helpful. Good location for food and shopping, busses, taxis etc

I arrived in the middle of the night with a booking for the following day. Hostelworld triple-booked, so my booking was invalid. Our Melting Pot promptly re-booked me in the hostel downstairs. They also let me sleep the rest of the night in a dorm for half price. I had their free breakfast, went on their free walking tour (superb!), and booked my trip to Banaue through their receptionist. Their recommendation to stay at Randy's in Banaue and visit Sagada really made my trip. Thanks a lot!

Really liked this hostel, staff was super friendly and helpful. They also have some group trips that you can participate in to see sites as well as meet people in the hostel. We did a free walking tour of Intramuros (which I'm pretty sure they offer pretty regularly), which was great!

Overall not a bad hostel. Staff are friendly and are willing to help you with travel advice if requested. Rooms are clean. Showers and toilets are cleans frequently throughout the day with is a plus. Would stay here again!

The walking tour was nice, though I think it would be better if it started earlier in the morning to try to avoid the heat of the day.

Well ok , The staff is amazing! they are really nice! But there are somethings... -No Smoking area (that means from you need to go from the 4th floor to the ground floor walk outside and then you can smoke -My room smelled like if there was a rotten body somewhere( some other rooms as well) -They don't turn on the airco in the living room so the temperature is 35 degrees So in they end .... its not the best hostel

• 21st Feb 2015

We regret that your experience of OMP seemed to have fallen short of expectation. At the time you were booked with us, it was FUMIGATION or PEST-CONTROL day. We know that the smell could be aweful and might seep into the rooms in the next 24-36 hrs so we had this announced to all guests. Turning on the air conditioning unit a lot would not help eradicate the smell fast. Thanks OMP

I really liked the location. The staff was helpful, and the beds were nice. The shared bathroom was pretty close to the lobby though, so that was a little uncomfortable, but for the most part, I would recommend.

This hostel was very overpriced, though it's in a good location especially if you are going to the airport. They had a decent free breakfast but I'd cringe to stay here again because of the price.

Super helpful staff, but both mornings I was there the bread for the breakfast did not arrive until well after 7am -- so I missed it, as I had to leave early. Not a big deal, but it would be great if everything really was ready by the time breakfast is supposed to start.

This was my second time staying at this hostel and I would totally stay again. Excellent hostel with friendly staff and great atmosphere.

Put location as poor because if you're staying in a room at the far end, you can hear music blaring, traffic and people on the street all night until the wee hours. I couldn't sleep well in there at all. They really need to soundproof the windows or something. Rooms are small too, but that seems to be normal in the Makati area of the city. Other than that, the staff are nice, it's clean and it's decent value for money.

Located in the heart of Makati and within walking distance of many restaurants and bars. The 6-bed mixed dorm, however, was not at all soundproof and loud music from a bar across the street literally shook the windows until at least 3AM. I'd recommend booking the window-less 4-bed mixed dorm instead (I moved there because of the noise). Although keys were provided, rooms were never locked. Complimentary breakfast and great warm showers. Staff were available 24/7. Overall, decent backpackers stay

Nice place to stay at ... but the country is just amazing...

The staff were so nice and accommodating! They organized a fun bar outing for us and really went above and beyond throughout our stay. Thank you!!

Amazing place to stay, very helpful staff and great location. If you're in Manila for the day make sure you go on the True Manila tour which will pick you up from here. Breakfast is very basic but there are good restaurants in the area. Rooms are a bit small but clean and the showers are great after a long trip. I stopped here again on my way back through the city and they were very kind, they let me use the shower (for a small fee) and let me hang out while I waited for my flight.