Our Melting Pot Reviews

4th/Floor Mavenue Building, #7844 Makati Avenue co, Guerrero Street, 1209 Makati City, Manila, Philippines

A truly special place. In the midst of the urban frenzy OMP is safe, clean and not just friendly but homely. Give the staff smiles and good vibes and they will respond tenfold.

• 11th Feb 2014
  • South Africa

Great staff and fellow travllers.. be sure to hit the historical sites during the day and the bars at night.

Great staff! Great welcome! The stay in OMP was simple perfect!

It is a little bit hard to find the first time you arrive to Manila, but once you get to OMP -hostel it's really good place to stay for a while when in the town. I had a blast staying in OMP and will definately come back again if I will come to Manila. Staff is very helpful and my special thanks go to Tommie for that.

• 9th Feb 2014
  • Finland

i stayed at this hostel 3 xs now since my stay here and it is the very best place i could recommend for anyone to have their jumping off point into, out of & around the Philippines. my friend recommendednit as a place they make you feel like family & from...communal breakfasts to organized free tours of Manila, nightly posted events, pub crawls..the place sure does! they have endlessly helpful printed info about tours all over the ph. with great suggestions. good wifi, comfy beds, clean showers

This hostel is super great. Really nice staff and the environment is relaxing and enjoyable. Great place for the value :)

The hostel is in nice district of the city, depends on what one needs or wants, of course. The staff was really helpful and welcoming. In general, it's a good place to stay, not too noisy, clean, breakfast included, has free internet.

Best hostel i've ever stayed. Super cool staffs. They even did the free guide tour, and i hung out with staffs every night, always leaded us to very cool places. And free breakfast is actually very cool(until 11am), so even though i woke up late becuz of hangover, i could eat basic breakfast. Definitely recommend this place.

Not one of my better hostel experiences. Staff seemed too busy to care when I needed assistance. Private room was "dreary". Won't stay there again.

Your comments are highly appreciated. Under a constantly fully booked scenario, it is sometimes to difficult to live up to expectations. Besides, our staff also get sick, take a leave and so admittedly some guests may sincerely feel they are not getting the attention/assistance that they should when the remaining staff are immersed in the operational aspect of their work. We hope we can still make up to you but there seems to be no chance anymore. Enjoy your travels anyhow.

Great location in makati city, within walking distance to buendia station and mall district in ayala. Friendly and helpful staff. The shoe rack in the front needs to be cleaned. :D

I have stayed in a lot of hostels over the years and Our Melting Pot has to have the best staff I have come across. Very friendly and very helpful. had a Great time and stayed longer than originally planned because of it. Can't say enough. will Definitely visit again.

This was my favourite hostel out of 3 I stayed at in Manila. The free old Manila tour was absolutely fantastic, and I appreciated it so much. Everyone here is very welcoming and helpful and the fellow travellers all lovely and social. The only down side was that it smelt a bit yucky and was a little worse for ware in some aspects.

Although it shows that i stayed for 2 nights, I actually stayed for about 7 nights. Greatest place to stay in Manila. Great vibe, you meet great people, and the staff are super. They really make you feel like this is your second home. I've been back to Manila 3 or 4 times during my trip and each time i visit OMP to catch up with the staff. Elvie, Chateau are super cool. And everybody that works there in general had made my stay very enjoyable. Very clean, and always lots to do!!! Love it!

I thought that the location and facilities were great. However, I think the staff is a bit in your face from the minute you walk in. "Can you please take of your shoes?" "Is that a guest or will this person be sleeping here tonight? You need to pay, sir." "Bla, bla, bla, bla, bla, bla." Also, the rooms were EXTREMELY noisy the whole time. For these reasons, I didn't like it. But, if you are OK with these things, everything else was decent.

When I booked for this hostel, i was not inform me that the elevator is out of service, was never fixed the whole 10 days that I stayed. There were roaches in my room. The place is too noisy, guests are allowed to hang out in the living and dining room up to 2am. There was no microwave for heating up our food and was told to pay extra 30pesos to use their portable propane stove to cook. I was not issued a receipt on my first day and when reminded twice by note and verbal, Grace ignored it.

• 27th Jan 2014

We thank you for EXTENDING your stay to 10 NIGHTS, from your orig booking of only 4 NIGHTS. We understand where the review is coming from, knowing that in the past you've only stayed in hotels, that it is your FIRST to stay in a hostel, acting on the recom of your daughter who suggested OMP to you. The lift is broken and thought we made up for it by carrying your stuff downstairs. The OR was prepared which you could have gotten fr the Mgr.Cooking gets charged P30,but heating food isn't

Great vibe. Booked a couple of days, and ended up staying a week! Lots of travelers to meet, great staff, good location in Makati City. Free breakfast is surprisingly good for Asia (note to all you other hostels: stop trying to pass white bread off as food. It isn't). The Old Manila walking tour is great; the Taal volcano tour is decent as well. More tours would be nice (i. e. Mt Pinatubo, Corregidor), but those would just be gravy; OMP is already damn good.

Staff was super nice....im looking to go back.

The place is fantastic, clean, comfy, well located, best included-breakfast ever, but avobe all, what makes it unique is its staff. Everything has been display to make it even easier to meet new people/travelers... It was a pleasure to stay there.

Very nice hostel very friendly staff and excellent common area shame we could not stay longer would definitely recommend

1 2 3 4 Next » last »