Our Melting Pot Reviews

4th/Floor Mavenue Building, #7844 Makati Avenue co, Guerrero Street, 1209 Makati City, Manila, Philippines

The best hostel ever! Most visitors go on the hostel's FREE afternoon tour of the city, which familiarizes one with walking in the mega-city, using Jeepneys, negotiating the metro system, hiring taxis. Free breakfast. Good Wi-Fi. One day the electrical system failed, so the owner took us out to the movies for the duration. This is a hostel that goes above and beyond the call of duty.

Great staff, very central, clean place, a little difficult to find in the first instance as it's on the 4th floor of a building but once there you will love it. Would stay there again anytime.

• 25th Mar 2014

Staff super friendly and helpful regarding onward travel details but place is quite small and cramped. No curtains in dorm rooms.

Highly recommended. They really do want you to have an enjoyable time in the Philippines -- arranged bar hopping by night (maybe dress code, no sports shoes), day trips. Great place to meet others! Basic breakfast, good Wi-Fi plus 2 terminals, great showers, A/C in private room, but no TV. Downside, walls are thin and difficult to get good nights sleep because people are always socializing. Great location and great value.

I stayed there for 3 days and I had an amazing time. The service was great. They organized a tour for us around Manila that enabled my friends and I to see all the good places in a real short time. I definitely recnommend this hostel if you just want to meet good people and discover Manila.

• 20th Mar 2014

If you need to go to Makati, this hostel is the best choice and close to everything. Please do not go to the wrong hostel on the 2nd floor. Pro : quite clean all area with 24 hrs staffs , free breakfast , internet corner. Con : low quality of air con and noisy because of the room next to the main rd.

I stay two times two days in Our Melting pot. The place is clean and nice, breakfast included and good. For the dinner you have a night market just in front where you can try different food. The staff is really kind and helpfull and they propose free tour of the old Manila. i really enjoy my stay in OMP

Very good location and friendly staff.

• 2nd Mar 2014
  • India

nice place helpful staff and good breakfast but a bit far from the next subway station so either taxi or good knowledge of jeepneys schedule is necessary.

Good location in Makati, close to lots of sights and restaurants. The lockers only fit really small locks (a typical combo lock is too big). The shower I used was clogged, though it did have hot water. Awesome breakfast with oatmeal and bananas available. I was in a female only dorm, and a male staff member entered in the middle of the night without knocking to test the size of a sheet on the bed. That was a little off-putting. It was also on the most expensive side. Poor ventilation in room.

I have a short stay in the hostel and hence I could not offer much opinion to the hostel. The only thing I note of is the need for socket outlet in the dorm. There isn't any in my dorm and I suppose for others too.

A truly special place. In the midst of the urban frenzy OMP is safe, clean and not just friendly but homely. Give the staff smiles and good vibes and they will respond tenfold.

• 11th Feb 2014
  • South Africa

Great staff and fellow travllers.. be sure to hit the historical sites during the day and the bars at night.

Great staff! Great welcome! The stay in OMP was simple perfect!

It is a little bit hard to find the first time you arrive to Manila, but once you get to OMP -hostel it's really good place to stay for a while when in the town. I had a blast staying in OMP and will definately come back again if I will come to Manila. Staff is very helpful and my special thanks go to Tommie for that.

• 9th Feb 2014
  • Finland

i stayed at this hostel 3 xs now since my stay here and it is the very best place i could recommend for anyone to have their jumping off point into, out of & around the Philippines. my friend recommendednit as a place they make you feel like family & from...communal breakfasts to organized free tours of Manila, nightly posted events, pub crawls..the place sure does! they have endlessly helpful printed info about tours all over the ph. with great suggestions. good wifi, comfy beds, clean showers

This hostel is super great. Really nice staff and the environment is relaxing and enjoyable. Great place for the value :)

The hostel is in nice district of the city, depends on what one needs or wants, of course. The staff was really helpful and welcoming. In general, it's a good place to stay, not too noisy, clean, breakfast included, has free internet.

Best hostel i've ever stayed. Super cool staffs. They even did the free guide tour, and i hung out with staffs every night, always leaded us to very cool places. And free breakfast is actually very cool(until 11am), so even though i woke up late becuz of hangover, i could eat basic breakfast. Definitely recommend this place.

Not one of my better hostel experiences. Staff seemed too busy to care when I needed assistance. Private room was "dreary". Won't stay there again.

Your comments are highly appreciated. Under a constantly fully booked scenario, it is sometimes to difficult to live up to expectations. Besides, our staff also get sick, take a leave and so admittedly some guests may sincerely feel they are not getting the attention/assistance that they should when the remaining staff are immersed in the operational aspect of their work. We hope we can still make up to you but there seems to be no chance anymore. Enjoy your travels anyhow.