Our Melting Pot Reviews

4th/Floor Mavenue Building, #7844 Makati Avenue co, Guerrero Street, 1209 Makati City, Manila, Philippines

Very nice hostel very friendly staff and excellent common area shame we could not stay longer would definitely recommend

Best Hostel ever. In a great location,and the atmosphere is superb cause all these different nationalities get together. The place is super clean,always smell great. I didnt care about the breakfast that much but food is so cheap in Philippines thats not a problem,but its a great time to meet other people! The staff is not so friendly.....but not rude either,they always answers all questions!

Place is great, main area conducive to hanging out, dorm beds have curtains around to provide some level of privacy, free breakfast, upstairs balcony available, and on a main street that is easy to direct cab drivers to. Only complaint is that lockers could be bigger and inside rooms/under beds.

I ended up staying at this hostel much longer than planned because I got very ill. The staff were amazing- called me the doctor, paid for me, bought me medicine, brought me food and drinks and made sure I was comfortable and kept checking on me. Really lovely people! The hostel itself was very nice and very clean, and an excellent place to make friends in Manila. Free walking tour was provided and was a great day. Cannot recommend highly enough!! Thanks OMP!!

The best hostel ever!! Wonderful staff and owner :)

My recommendation for your stay in Manila. Located close to Makati in the Burgos area (redlight district and some normal bars). It was always clean, the free breakfast until 11AM is really nice (cereal and toast). Got my laundry done in like 6 hours for about 60 pesos per kilo. They have lockers, but outside the rooms which is OK, but there aren't enough for everyone. Staff was superb and even though I checked in at 6AM when my night bus arrived, I could stay in the lounge and sleep. Great value

The team was really pleasant and offered a wise range of activities ! Had a great time !

What wonderful place to stay need a ton of wonderful people. Split a car with a few other guests and headed to the volcano. Defiantly take the city tour i learned so much. They go out of their way make you feel like your at home.

Good location for nightlife, less great for getting downtown, but there's very little sightseeing in Manila anyway, so that's not a problem. Staff are helpful informative and there's a decent Mexican restaurant around the corner.

Great place. No complaints outside the terrible internet connection and slow computers. Staff was fantastic and the breakfest was good.

• 1st Jan 2014

Staff are very helpful, will help you organise anything you want just ask! The only negative is the hostel is across the road from late night bars, it is very noisy (until 2.30-4am).

Great hostel to be in with a very social vibe.great comfy beds,good trips offered and the owner, chateaux, is so helpful knowledgeable and honest that it makes the stay here comfortable.

I stayed here on Christmas day and the staff were awesome. They cooked a free dinner for everyone and were so helpful and friendly. I also did a day trip which was organised by the hostel. They organise many events and have so much information to help with your onward journey. A member of staff even carried my heavy backpack down 5 flights of stairs and then hailed me a taxi and negotiated the price. I had such a great time here.

The staff were amazing and made you feel like it was your home instead of just a hostel. They were so kind and generous and I would definitely recommend Our Melting Pot!!

Omp is a great hostel in a clean area of manila. The family a great christmas dinner for us, gave us a tour of the city and breakfast is very homey every morning. Its clean, not to expensive and theres a nice roofterrace to hang out. Honestly dont have any cons to mention, stay at omp!

Had a great time at Our Melting Pot, the facilities are up to scratch and the staff are really friendly. Couldn't ask for more to be honest...

• 21st Dec 2013
  • Wales

Stayed there only for one night, but I really enjoy it ! Meet with a lot of new people , went for the greatest party with them ! Thanks Michelle, Joahanna for the great company ! Anya

• 21st Dec 2013
  • Russia

Great stay and a great time!! Would stay here again

• 18th Dec 2013

If you want to truly experience Manila, stay at Our Melting Pot. The location is amazing for experiencing Filipino culture: street food, shopping centers, restaurants, and local nightlife. But what makes OMP stand out is the staff. They work non-stop to ensure you are enjoying your stay and will even accompany you for late night Filipino snacks! The only less positive feedback I have is that the bunk bed I was on was pretty wobbly, so for a while I thought the bed was going to collapse.

• 13th Dec 2013

Very friendly staff upon first arrival we were greeted with a friendly smile and offered a drink. The staff were friendly and even provided us with an early morning breakfast as our flight was at 7am. Would definitely stay here again

• 10th Dec 2013