Our Melting Pot Reviews

4th/Floor Mavenue Building, #7844 Makati Avenue co, Guerrero Street, 1209 Makati City, Manila, Philippines

Very nice place in a great part of town, lots of stores and bars in the area. Be careful, the redlight district is about a 3 minute walk away. The hostel has private rooms, I stayed in a dorm. A bit cramped but the beds are of good size for one person and have curtains for privacy. The hostel has free breakfast; fruit, eggs, pancakes, juice. They also offer a free walking tour of the old city and can set up other paid tours, Very helpful with getting cabs.

nice place, easy to meet other travelers. the walking tour was the best thing, Boodie was great, really enjoyed it and got to see heaps of old manila, learnt a lot. hostel is in a great spot with markets right across the road for cheap food and beer. manila is a bit overwhelming trying to get around can be very difficult, but enjoyed my couple of days there.

everything is perfect except for the taal volcano tour

Great day trip around Manila for free :) obviously tipped the guide as he was an absolute legend. Accommodation not so great but the same goes for the whole of the Philippines. Nice staff and the bar crawl was enjoyable as well.

Had a brilliant time staying at this hostel! The atmosphere was amazing and a great place to start your trip in the Phillipines. Stay was awesome. Want to give a special mention to Elvie and Dennis, they were both awesome and really made me feel welcome! Thanks guys.

• 8th Dec 2014

I had a really nice stay in our melting pot,location is very good,staff are very nice and helpful...and can meet many cool travelers. I wanna thank the guy(sorry I didn't ask his name) who took care of me on 7th in the morning while I arrived early... nice hostel,highly recommend!!!!

Very warm and welcoming, i wanted to stay longer! tours to taal volcano and free city tour, good breakfast and we were right across from the night market! will come back :)

Very safe + convenient location. The area outside is safeguarded by police. You can safely get your cash at various ATM in a shopping mall across the street, go to shops, cafes, restaurants. Staff is very helpful, also with onward travel. Great place to meet other travellers. Fantastic free Old Manila Tour. Easy way to see Manila with other travellers in the hostel. Nice guide. Dorms good value. Pleasant beds with curtains. Lockers. Clean. Only "minus" the street noise with loud music till 1 am.

The staff really make this the place to stay in Manila. We loved the free walking tour and bar crawl, there is always a fun atmosphere in the common areas and tips galore are given for onward travel in the Philippines. Hostelworld score is no accident, keep up the good work OMP

it is awesome hostel i have been. u can make friends easily and staff is really funny and kind. especially denis, he is so nice kkk. maybe nexttime when i go to manila i will reserve this hostel again and i will recommend this place for my friends also. even though u go there alone u can enjoy staying there

• 19th Nov 2014
  • South Korea

They could have a place to leave the bags in case of an arrival before checkin time or departure after checkout time (they ask you to leave in the living room, even with cameras, i did not feel so safe). Location is OK, with a mart and malls around. Great staff and free tour (a must do!). Very Clean! There was an power outlet near my bed, but majority of the beds did not, so people had to charge in the living room. The elevator was broken at the time I was there, and it is on 4th floor!

Omg the staff here are incredible! I did the free walking tour and I could've sworn the lady (so sorry I forgot her name!) was the manager but she wasn't! The hostel is open 24/7 and the staff are always cleaning! There is free breakfast and once a week they serve HEART SHAPED pancakes and luckily I was there for that :) I was doing my first solo trip and this was the 5th hostel I've visited and I met some amazing adventurous people here! You will always because a lot will visit from the islands

Great place to stay with awesome staff! The only reason I gave a lower score for cleanliness is because the 6 bed dorm had a funny smell, but the four bed dorm was wonderful!

Very well managed. Good place for meeting people.

Very helpful staff, great advice for getting around the city and using the public transportation system.

• 29th Oct 2014

OMP was pretty sweet. Met the greatest people during my stay there. The location was close to everything except you're paying expensive Makati prices for food etc. DO NOT pay more than 200 Php to go from the airport. Those taxi drivers are retarded.

Stayed @ OMP for 1 night & was welcomed by very friendly hosts. I had a private room with comfortable bed /ensuite and air conditioning which was great to beat the humidity in Manila. Yellow metered cab to OMP took only 40 mins from MHL Intl Airprt. Noise outside was fairly loud but was expected & ear plugs helped to negate it. Overall a very pleasant stay as hosts invited a group of us out to a reggae night which made it a very social night. Highly recommended as would stay here again. Thxu

The place doesn't take credit card and in the Currency Exchange close to the Hostel is a rip off, i ended up paying extra 5 dollars for this miss understanding. Regarding the room, when i booked i requested a private with two separate beds, but they don'e have that but they didn't communicate with mi regarding my request, so i find out this once i arrived there, after that i tell the girl to give me a mattress, and the girl a front didnt look for it , i had to ask one of the guys for this.

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Argentina

The breakfast that's included is excellent!

The tour they offered was amazing ..thank you