Our Melting Pot Reviews

4th/Floor Mavenue Building, #7844 Makati Avenue co, Guerrero Street, 1209 Makati City, Manila, Philippines

The staff were really friendly and helpful. The free walking tour is definitely worth doing. Make sure to ask if you want to do a trip to the Taal volcano as the signs are a little confusing. There were lockers and the showers were hot and the bathrooms clean. The breakfast was nice. A lovely hostel with really excellent staff.

This is a brilliant hostel for meeting people and for getting to know Manila. The free walking tour is really informative and well worth joining. I love that each bunk bed has a curtain for privacy and its own power socket for charging electronic devices. Overall, a really nice, clean place with good vibes. The staff are lovely and helpful, if perhaps a little less outgoing than the crew that worked here during my stay a few years ago. This hostel is well worth a stay for anyone visiting Manila.

• 30th Jan 2015

Good value for the price. Though bit noisy from the bars and street below.

The staff at OMP is great, they help set up all sorts of day trips outside of Manila, and if you want to book a night bus they can help with that too. The guests were also really friendly, new people are in every day and there is always someone to chat or explore with. I would definitely come back my next time in Manila.

The accommodation was very great, except that at night some visitors were very around 10PM to 12MN. That's the time I am sleeping because I have to catch for work the next day. Nonetheless it was really an awesome experience.

• 25th Jan 2015
  • Philippines

It was a great experience. The staff was very polite and nice. The only thing which I can complain about is INTERNET.

I have stayed at this hostel many times now and it has always been fantastic. The bar crawl is definitely a highlight and I hope when I return to this hostel Dennis is still there as he really looked after us and made our stay especially enjoyable.

• 22nd Jan 2015

Little hostel in a very nice aerea of manila..felt safe at any tkme and the staff especially chataeu were very helpful

Basic but good hostel in a good location. Very basic / free breakfast. Taxi service to go to the airport too expensive... The staff is nice and helpful. Overall a good stay ( 7 /10 ).

I cannot speak highly enough about this hostel. Super friendly and helpful staff, great atmosphere and fantastic location. Quite a bit of street noise at night but nothing a pair of earphones won't overcome. They really generously run a free tour of Manila most days at 1.30 if there's enough interest and a free pub crawl at night. I've booked into OMP El Nido next week so im hoping it's just as good!

Great place to stay. Bathrooms are what you'd expect and beds come with curtains for privacy. Staff is courteous and really make an effort to know guests. They offer an under-advertised free walking tour of Manila that's very informative and they organize pub crawls which are a great way to party with other people in the hostel. Location is safe but a bit far from some of Manila's more interesting parts. At the very least, it will force you to learn the Jeepney system.

The staff could be more helpful with the induction, I had no idea how the breakfast was meant to work

The staff will bend over backwards in order to help you. Not an ideal location for backpackers due to the lack of public transport and crippling Manila traffic. This hostel would be 100% if it was somewhere other than Manila!

Nice hostel, though quite cramped. My only minor issue in the grad scheme of things was I booked another stay for a week later, paid a deposit and then had to cancel as I was no longer coming back to Manila, giving them enough time as per their policy, they said I could have my deposit back but only if I came in and got it personally, and wouldn't do it on paypal

Very nice hostel in the heart of Manila. We had a nice stay there.

Had a good, quick overnight stay here. Staff was very friendly and helpful in describing how we should get to the bus station and ferry down to Puerto Galera the next day. Really clean facilities, nice common area with a strong wifi connection.

The free walking tour was amazing, the guide really makes it. Great location and safe at night. The hostel itself was strange, the other guests would just stare at you blankly if you said hello or smiled. The owner was very helpful but there are many extra fees, she constantly seemed to be talking about money and there are many notices on the walls too. Odd policy of making people change beds during their stay. There's a lot of noise from the outside street - bring earplugs.

Only stayed for 1 night, but the staff were nice and helpful. 4 bed female dorm was comfortable and the privacy curtains were a nice touch. Little difficult to find and get to, but not too bad.

It's centrally located in makati city, the staff were helpful, friendly and very accommodating, great service help a lot for my puerto princessa el Nido trip.. Would strongly recommend and a great atmosphere

Really nice staff, that helped me even in there free time!