Our Melting Pot Reviews

4th/Floor Mavenue Building, #7844 Makati Avenue co, Guerrero Street, 1209 Makati City, Manila, Philippines

I have stayed in a lot of hostels over the years and Our Melting Pot has to have the best staff I have come across. Very friendly and very helpful. had a Great time and stayed longer than originally planned because of it. Can't say enough. will Definitely visit again.

This was my favourite hostel out of 3 I stayed at in Manila. The free old Manila tour was absolutely fantastic, and I appreciated it so much. Everyone here is very welcoming and helpful and the fellow travellers all lovely and social. The only down side was that it smelt a bit yucky and was a little worse for ware in some aspects.

Although it shows that i stayed for 2 nights, I actually stayed for about 7 nights. Greatest place to stay in Manila. Great vibe, you meet great people, and the staff are super. They really make you feel like this is your second home. I've been back to Manila 3 or 4 times during my trip and each time i visit OMP to catch up with the staff. Elvie, Chateau are super cool. And everybody that works there in general had made my stay very enjoyable. Very clean, and always lots to do!!! Love it!

I thought that the location and facilities were great. However, I think the staff is a bit in your face from the minute you walk in. "Can you please take of your shoes?" "Is that a guest or will this person be sleeping here tonight? You need to pay, sir." "Bla, bla, bla, bla, bla, bla." Also, the rooms were EXTREMELY noisy the whole time. For these reasons, I didn't like it. But, if you are OK with these things, everything else was decent.

When I booked for this hostel, i was not inform me that the elevator is out of service, was never fixed the whole 10 days that I stayed. There were roaches in my room. The place is too noisy, guests are allowed to hang out in the living and dining room up to 2am. There was no microwave for heating up our food and was told to pay extra 30pesos to use their portable propane stove to cook. I was not issued a receipt on my first day and when reminded twice by note and verbal, Grace ignored it.

• 27th Jan 2014

We thank you for EXTENDING your stay to 10 NIGHTS, from your orig booking of only 4 NIGHTS. We understand where the review is coming from, knowing that in the past you've only stayed in hotels, that it is your FIRST to stay in a hostel, acting on the recom of your daughter who suggested OMP to you. The lift is broken and thought we made up for it by carrying your stuff downstairs. The OR was prepared which you could have gotten fr the Mgr.Cooking gets charged P30,but heating food isn't

Great vibe. Booked a couple of days, and ended up staying a week! Lots of travelers to meet, great staff, good location in Makati City. Free breakfast is surprisingly good for Asia (note to all you other hostels: stop trying to pass white bread off as food. It isn't). The Old Manila walking tour is great; the Taal volcano tour is decent as well. More tours would be nice (i. e. Mt Pinatubo, Corregidor), but those would just be gravy; OMP is already damn good.

Staff was super nice....im looking to go back.

The place is fantastic, clean, comfy, well located, best included-breakfast ever, but avobe all, what makes it unique is its staff. Everything has been display to make it even easier to meet new people/travelers... It was a pleasure to stay there.

Very nice hostel very friendly staff and excellent common area shame we could not stay longer would definitely recommend

Best Hostel ever. In a great location,and the atmosphere is superb cause all these different nationalities get together. The place is super clean,always smell great. I didnt care about the breakfast that much but food is so cheap in Philippines thats not a problem,but its a great time to meet other people! The staff is not so friendly.....but not rude either,they always answers all questions!

Place is great, main area conducive to hanging out, dorm beds have curtains around to provide some level of privacy, free breakfast, upstairs balcony available, and on a main street that is easy to direct cab drivers to. Only complaint is that lockers could be bigger and inside rooms/under beds.

I ended up staying at this hostel much longer than planned because I got very ill. The staff were amazing- called me the doctor, paid for me, bought me medicine, brought me food and drinks and made sure I was comfortable and kept checking on me. Really lovely people! The hostel itself was very nice and very clean, and an excellent place to make friends in Manila. Free walking tour was provided and was a great day. Cannot recommend highly enough!! Thanks OMP!!

The best hostel ever!! Wonderful staff and owner :)

My recommendation for your stay in Manila. Located close to Makati in the Burgos area (redlight district and some normal bars). It was always clean, the free breakfast until 11AM is really nice (cereal and toast). Got my laundry done in like 6 hours for about 60 pesos per kilo. They have lockers, but outside the rooms which is OK, but there aren't enough for everyone. Staff was superb and even though I checked in at 6AM when my night bus arrived, I could stay in the lounge and sleep. Great value

The team was really pleasant and offered a wise range of activities ! Had a great time !

What wonderful place to stay need a ton of wonderful people. Split a car with a few other guests and headed to the volcano. Defiantly take the city tour i learned so much. They go out of their way make you feel like your at home.

Good location for nightlife, less great for getting downtown, but there's very little sightseeing in Manila anyway, so that's not a problem. Staff are helpful informative and there's a decent Mexican restaurant around the corner.

Great place. No complaints outside the terrible internet connection and slow computers. Staff was fantastic and the breakfest was good.

• 1st Jan 2014

Staff are very helpful, will help you organise anything you want just ask! The only negative is the hostel is across the road from late night bars, it is very noisy (until 2.30-4am).

Great hostel to be in with a very social vibe.great comfy beds,good trips offered and the owner, chateaux, is so helpful knowledgeable and honest that it makes the stay here comfortable.