Our Melting Pot Reviews

4th/Floor Mavenue Building, #7844 Makati Avenue co, Guerrero Street, 1209 Makati City, Manila, Philippines

This was our first experience in a hostel. Absolutely brilliant. The staff were fantastic and our room was much better than we ever expected.

The staff was very accommodating aside from trying to sell us a tour less than 5 minutes after arriving. Overall, the hostel was very clean (too much incense); however, the room was tiny (just large enough for one queen size mattress) with no window. Also, men and women both share the toilet/shower facilities, which didn't leave much for privacy (we might have overlooked this aspect if the room/bed had been ok). Also, be aware that there are night clubs near by that can be heard in your room.

For such candid remarks, it might help to tell our side of the story for the issues mentioned here. The room where you stayed is not an original booking. You cancelled your 1st booking & arrived 2 days later. Otherwise, you would have stayed in a much nicer private room with t&b and lots of windows. We put you in a smaller, basic room, not otherwise bookable in this website, since it was an option you took. About the tour, it remains FREE; we seemed eager bcoz we didn't want you to miss it.

Good location, super clean, nice mattress. Altogether not a bad choice.

The staff working at Melting Pot is outstanding and helpful with everything.

Pretty good variety of breakfast foods, compared to other places we've stayed. Weren't enough lockers when we arrived, so had to wait for someone to leave before we could lock up our valuables. Rooftop is great for a drink and view of the surrounding neighbourhood. Staff were pleasant and helpful.

Brilliant staff, very helpful and knowledgeable. Nice location in an area with lots of restaurants and bars. Clean, cheap, free breakfast is good. After hearing so much bad about Manila it was nice to know a place like this existed!

The legendary OMP turned out the way everyone said, it's perfect valued for the money you pay, great location, nice rooms and living room, friendly and helpful staff who are always around, during my stay,OMP is more like a home to me other than a place to stay, the old manila tour is also a must-do if your time allows. I can never say enough nice words about this place:)I'll definitely stay here again if i revisit even only 4 dropping by and saying hi to dear Chateau:) Love from Kelly n girls:)

Staff was amazing, got alot af good advises for travelling.

Good to meet new people and perfect location in Makati. Our small room had no Window and the toilet in the room was not very useful but the shared toilets and showers were Ok. Staff is very nice and helpful and the atmosphere is very good. If you search for new friends and a nice community u should try omp.

Very friendly! The staff is awesome! I definitely recommend this hostel =)

Thank you SOOOO much for all of the incredible help and fun tours! Will stay again if in Manila... Also pass on my regards to the very beautiful Grace and thank her for the language lesson!

It was very clean and the staff helped me with directions and loading my phone card!

• 22nd Sep 2013

Absolutely great place! Friendly staff and laid back atmosphere. Nice rooms and facilities, all very clean and provided a really good breakfast. Staff always on hand to help and answer questions and the atmosphere of the place meant I was able to make some really good friends there.

One of the best hostels i've stayed in while backpacking. would definitely stay again. Great location, taxis never had trouble finding it unlike other hostels I stayed in in manila. Lots of fellow backpackers staying too. Very friendly, welcoming atmosphere. The staff were extremely helpful and knowledgeable.

• 17th Sep 2013

OMP is a great hostel with the best staff you can imagine! Especially the programme like city tours or salsa evenings offered by Chateau and her crew are a very valuable and a joyful experience! You should definitely participate in the old-city tour and check out the ancient parts of Manila. It was great fun at OMP. My friends and me even came twice to this friendly and warm-hearted place because we appreciated its overwhelming positive atmosphere and the interesting people we meet there;)

• 1st Sep 2013

Very cosy place, seems more like an apartment, you feel at home immediatley

Good, fun chilled out hostel! Met some great people here, enjoyed the common room with cheap drinks and lots of space (plus cooking facilities!). Free breakfast has lots of options, it's nicely located in a safe but fun (if slightly expensive) area of town with good accessibility to the rest of Manila.

Hostel situated in the Manila's Beverly Hills - Makati. Night life and good restaurants are really close. 15 minutes to the nearest MRT station. Staff is really helpful (I had a lot of questions and they asked to all of them). Thank you.

Expensive for the Philippines, but a clean place with a good atmosphere.

OMP is a great hostel. One of the best I've stayed in. I personally didn't like Manilla so I would never go back but if you're going definitely stay at OMP.