Our Melting Pot Reviews

4th/Floor Mavenue Building, #7844 Makati Avenue co, Guerrero Street, 1209 Makati City, Manila, Philippines

Showers were blocked and a bit dirty. Beds were flimsy. No real great atmosphere. MNL boutique hostel was much much better!!

Amazing atmosphere and superb location. No doubt it, is the place to go in Manila. The owner took us for a great free tour and the whole staff is just one of the best i ever met. Its close to great bars and restaurants and at the same time easy to get cheap bites. I wish I can go back soon, made great friends there.

Great experience for just 1 night. Common room are perfect to make new friends and the staff is super!!

Thank you had a great stay, great free walking tour

Staff makes us feel at home. And very welcoming. Help us with almost everything ang give you suggestions without imposing anything. Great free day tour, karaoke nights or just the breakfast. Dorms are small but very nice!!

Very nice hostel, good staffs they were kindness and helpful. they have good tour to go to the other city.

Best hostel I have seen so far, amazing staff who are both helpful and friendly. Very clean.

• 2nd Apr 2014

I loved my stay here! The Hostel walking tour with Michelle was brilliant! The atmosphere is superb and the staff are fantastic. I will definitely be returning, in fact I've already booked my next stay!

The best hostel ever! Most visitors go on the hostel's FREE afternoon tour of the city, which familiarizes one with walking in the mega-city, using Jeepneys, negotiating the metro system, hiring taxis. Free breakfast. Good Wi-Fi. One day the electrical system failed, so the owner took us out to the movies for the duration. This is a hostel that goes above and beyond the call of duty.

Great staff, very central, clean place, a little difficult to find in the first instance as it's on the 4th floor of a building but once there you will love it. Would stay there again anytime.

• 25th Mar 2014

Staff super friendly and helpful regarding onward travel details but place is quite small and cramped. No curtains in dorm rooms.

Highly recommended. They really do want you to have an enjoyable time in the Philippines -- arranged bar hopping by night (maybe dress code, no sports shoes), day trips. Great place to meet others! Basic breakfast, good Wi-Fi plus 2 terminals, great showers, A/C in private room, but no TV. Downside, walls are thin and difficult to get good nights sleep because people are always socializing. Great location and great value.

Equipe tres souriante et acceuillante, tres bonne ambiance. Chateau est la meilleure guide que j ai vu en haut de mes 28 ans!!!!!

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • Morocco

I stayed there for 3 days and I had an amazing time. The service was great. They organized a tour for us around Manila that enabled my friends and I to see all the good places in a real short time. I definitely recnommend this hostel if you just want to meet good people and discover Manila.

• 20th Mar 2014

I stay two times two days in Our Melting pot. The place is clean and nice, breakfast included and good. For the dinner you have a night market just in front where you can try different food. The staff is really kind and helpfull and they propose free tour of the old Manila. i really enjoy my stay in OMP

In einem besseren Viertel Manilas gelegenes Hostel mit freundlichen Mitarbeitern und taeglicher Stadtfuehrung, die umsonst angeboten wird. Kleiner Nachteil der Lage bei Ankunft und Abflug tagsueber ist die Distanz zum Flughafen, da die Strassen chronisch verstopft sind.Frueh morgens ist das noch kein Problem. Insgesamt sehr zu empfehlen.

Very good location and friendly staff.

• 2nd Mar 2014
  • India

nice place helpful staff and good breakfast but a bit far from the next subway station so either taxi or good knowledge of jeepneys schedule is necessary.

Good location in Makati, close to lots of sights and restaurants. The lockers only fit really small locks (a typical combo lock is too big). The shower I used was clogged, though it did have hot water. Awesome breakfast with oatmeal and bananas available. I was in a female only dorm, and a male staff member entered in the middle of the night without knocking to test the size of a sheet on the bed. That was a little off-putting. It was also on the most expensive side. Poor ventilation in room.

I have a short stay in the hostel and hence I could not offer much opinion to the hostel. The only thing I note of is the need for socket outlet in the dorm. There isn't any in my dorm and I suppose for others too.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4