Outlanders Tribe Hostel Reviews

Gajeva 9/A, Split, Croatia

Outlanders was one of the best hostels i have ever stayed at! Purely because the staff and even owner came out to party with us, it had a lovely atmosphere that kind of forced you to socialise. I could overlook the poor facilities (smallest kiitchen in the world!) because I enjoyed myself so much. Very short walk to everything you need, comfortable beds and fully airconditioned. Although the price was a steep, I would probably stay there again.

We came in really late and were just thinking of going to bed but were invitied out for a beer and indeed up having a really nice night out. The staff were very nice and helpfull so in short we are happy with our choice of hostel i Split.

Great place to stay! Big, clean and confortable bed, spacious lockers, nice environment and great people! Definitely recommended ;)

• 16th Aug 2014

I was able to check in REALLY late and I so appreciated that! All staff were super helpful in giving information, looking up bus schedules, etc. Young crowd, party atmosphere. Bathroom facilities pretty basic and limited. Easy to walk to all the main sights of Split.

In my room air conditioning flow was addressed to the lower bed. This could be noisy.

Amazing staff, really lovely and helpful in every way. I wish we could have stayed longer! Beautiful location as well, very near the lookout and some great beaches.

• 13th Aug 2014

The staff make this place. Amazing group of people. Serious fun

• 13th Aug 2014

The staff were fantastic! Iris is a sweetheart and a wonderful person to hang out with. The dorms are great, the lockers are large, and the common room (although a little small) encourages a social atmosphere. Best of all, when we passed back through town they let us hang out there during our layover and take a break from the heat! Thanks Outlanders :)

TAKE A HOSTEL MORE CENTRAL IN SPLIT FOR THE SAME PRICE! And don't trust their description! This is the lower floor of an appartment building in a residence area, more than half an hour uphill from the centre. They have ONE SHOWER for all the guys (one for the girls), when using both showers simultaneously they give COLD WATER! On the first night one of us DIDN'T HAVE A BED, we still had to pay. There is NO COMMON ROOM, only a couch behint the reception desk with a mini fridge and a book shelf.

First I would like to say that we are deeply saddened that you did not enjoy your stay. As for others reading this review I would like to point out some false information. We are not part of an apartment building. We are not 30 minutes from town, instead as stated on our website we are a 10-15 minute walk from town. Also, for those who wonder what our facilities are like you should take a look at our pictures of the property. When you stay here you truly are part of the tribe!

This hostel was good. However there were two girls working there, one was so uninterested and bored i felt like I didn't want to stay there as soon as I arrived. She should not be working in a hostel..However the other girl was bubbly, vibrant and helpful. Hostel is a little noisy with other people there as it's small. But overall it was ok.

I couldn't have stayed in a better place - great location, amazing staff who are willing to help with absolutely everything from where to go during the day to where to drink at night! It had airconditioning and wifi which all worked well and was a massive bonus! I felt so chilled in this environment - would definitely reccommend it!

• 6th Aug 2014

Quite honestly the best hostel we stayed in. Large rooms and perfectly sufficient facilities but the young staff were so fun and relaxed, and it was absolutely perfect for meeting people.

Great hostel, they really made me feel welcome. It's a shame I only stayed for one night.

Outlanders was fantastic. The rooms are spacious, decked out in a way that is neither drab nor kitsch, the wifi signal is strong, there is always hot water, and the kitchen, though small, has all the necessary utensils and cookware. Loved the atmosphere! Cons: the bathroom isn't tiled with ceramic, so there is a faint but persistent smell of urine even when it's clean, and the location is a good walk from the ferry and the bus station, which can be annoying if you're not traveling lightly.

• 3rd Aug 2014

The hostel is about 10 minutes walk out of the center of the city. It's near the Marjan hill. It was hard to find the hostel. There wasn't a good sign , and the hostelcrew knew it. Why not change it? It was a small hostel, but there was only 1 shower for the boys. It would be nice if there were at least 2 showers. The crew was nice and they were very helpfull. Not the best hostel i stayed in, but it's ok for 1 or 2 nights.

A good hostel for young people, but I'm not in a rush to go back! The location wasn't great

I had a great stay at Outlanders. Everyone are weary friendly and the staff is lovely. I was traveling alone and Outlanders gave me the best possible start of my vacation. The distance to the city center is not a problem at all. Big thanks to Iris and Cara who really went an extra mile to make sure every one had a great time.

Not far from city center. The staff were nice but new so they didn't know a lot about Split and it was hard to get good locations to eat and go to the beach. The kitchen is actually a very small kitchenette (a sink and a heating round at the exit of the girl's bathroom). Only one bathroom for each gender. Very comfortable beds. They were very kind and let us stay on the couch for our first night because we booked that very close. The check out is at 12, a must when you like to party.

By far the best hostel experience I've ever had. Steve and Dora are great people and will do anything to make sure you have a place to sleep and people to talk to and places to explore. The lounge is very social as are staff, I met almost everyone who was at the hostel during my week there. Large comfy rooms, free lockers, small kitchenette, well kept place overall. Showers ran hot and cold but not a big issue. I will absolutely return to Split and stay again. Highlight of the summer!

This hostel was good value for money and the staff were really helpful and friendly. It is a little bit of a walk from the tourist area of Split and was in the local area which may or may not be what people are looking for.

« first « Prev 1 2 3