Oxford Backpackers Hostel Reviews

9A Hythe Bridge Street, Oxford, England

no hot water for shower is really bad. the service is good on average.

• 24th Feb 2015
  • Hong Kong

Great atmosphere, and included breakfast was very convenient. The large common room, plus kitchen available to guests was great, and added to the friendly atmosphere.

Rather dirty, room not ready at proposed check in time so had to go back later to check in. Very noisy. Can hear the club bass next door all night.

The hostel is very confortable, cool and cute for young people, friendly atmosphere. I liked that there is a shared kitchen inside beacuse is a opportunity to eat what you want for lunch and dinner and also to know people. Good experience!

• 18th Feb 2015

I have a great time at this hostel! Super nice a staff, and the showers were amazing. Plus people in my room were super friendly and very lovely. The atmosphere in the common room was great. I am looking forward to come back!

Not the cleanest place, but the staff were friendly, there's a good vibe in the common area and having a kitchen is very useful.

I really enjoyed my stay in Oxford. The hostel is located a short walk from everything I wanted to see while visiting and even closer to shops and restaurants. I stayed in the 18 bed dorm and found it to be warm and quiet enough. You have to expect to only get a half decent sleep - it is a hostel. The atmosphere is what makes this hostel and the staff has done a great job making it feel comfortable, fun and inclusive. Special thanks to Kat :)

Our stay at the Oxford Backpackers Hostel was a very enjoyable and pleasant one. The beds were very comfortable and the blankets given were very warm, which was greatly appreciated on a chilly night. As being students who live on campus accommodations we appreciated the bedding and mattress and that's what really pushed our satisfaction for the hostel over the top.

• 14th Feb 2015

Staff was really nice but the place really dirty. I couldn't take a shower.

• 14th Feb 2015

I wouldnt stay here again. The room was an 8 bed shareroom, there were 4 guys from a rugby team in our room who were extreemly loud and rude at 3am and again at 8am. The heater made horrible noises all night, the pillows may as well not have existed and the matresses were like bricks. The staff "heard" we had had a rough night yet they did nothing to fix or mend the situation. Also next to a nightclub where the music is so loud my friend couldnt sleep. one of the worst hostel experiences yet!

• 6th Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

The hostel has a very nice common room with a bar and that makes it easier to meet people staying in there. Had a nice stay there

Arrived eleven at night with a party going on in the common room. No one to greet us at the reception desk, so we waited and then went searching. The staff was friendly! Got upgraded to a 4-bed room. Yay!.. until we saw it. Room security was fine(no free locker in the room tho). The floor was dirty, full bin rubbish( bloody condom), no cleaning done, furniture old and worn out! DIRTY bed sheets/mattresses and toilets/showers. Next to a nightclub, so didn't get ANY sleep. For £30 you expect more!

• 5th Feb 2015
  • Estonia

Negatives: The bed itself was stiff, unconvinced how sanitary sheets were (even though they clean them, looked old and warn), no central heating other than plug in heaters, and no internet connection in room. Positives: Strong internet in common rooms. Large and friendly common rooms with big tv, games, big kitchen. Multiple bathrooms/showers nice and hot! Staff: AMAZING and helpful. Free storage available for the day, safe system. Continental breakfast. Many plugs in room. Location perfect!

Nice, affordable hostel, nothing special but for the price its good - decent location and the people there are fun

Not the cleanest place ever, but it was ok. There were separate bathrooms by gender, what I really liked (sharing SHOWERS with men is not that comfortable), although it was a bit cold and the shower water was very hot (for me it wasn't a problem, just when it got cold for a few mins). Staff was really thoughtful and friendly, especially the first girl that helped me to find things to do in Oxford. Breakfast was ok: tea, coffee,2 different breads, nutella, butter, jam and toasters to warm it up.

Friendly staff, located in a good spot halfway between the railway station and town, clean rooms and provided a decent breakfast. Had a great stay.

Great experience,thanks a miliion

• 15th Jan 2015
  • Egypt

Very nice hostels, friendly staff and good atmosphere ! we'll definitely visit again !

• 10th Jan 2015

Really enjoyed my stay at Oxford backpackers. Great service, staff and atmosphere. Not sure if this is just a requirement but all the staff have 3 letter names... If Lou, Kat, and Nat are working there still they will make sure you really get a good experience of Oxford!

Of all the hostels I've visited, my time at Oxford Backpackers has been my favorite. The staff (Lu, Nat, Jeremy and the rest) are incredibly kind, fun and great at helping you get settled and sorted. Definitely a place I'll revisit, when next I'm in Oxford.

• 29th Dec 2014