7.9
Very Good 2,720 Total Reviews
7.9
Very Good 2,720 Total Reviews
Oxford Backpackers Hostel Located at 9A Hythe Bridge Street, , Oxford.
England
Oxford OX12EW 9A Hythe Bridge Street
79% 2720
51.7533899 -1.2667322
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 25-30
23rd Apr 2016

I would definitely stay here again. The staff was very friendly. Oliver and Kade were so welcoming, and both of them made some great suggestions on things to see and do while I was in town. I loved the Saturday night out! Such a great way to meet other travelers and experience Oxford's nightlife. Wifi didn't work in the room, but that just meant I was out and about more socializing. Overall I had a great experience and was sorry to leave!

• Hong Kong, Female, 25-30
22nd Apr 2016

Friendly staff. Good location. Nice breakfast. But very suck wifi.

• Taiwan, Female, 18-24
17th Apr 2016

It is a very nice hostel that I will never forget, people here are all very friendly. It makes the memory in Oxford more unforgettable. : )

Thank you for the comments. We are happy to hear you had an enjoyable time at the hostel, and we look forward to having you stay in the future.

• passapol_j9746
  • Thailand, Male, 25-30
13th Apr 2016

Very friendly and lively hostel. Suitable for teenagers or people who are young at hearts. Location is perfect which is very closed train station. Good value for money.

• Scotland, Male, 18-24
6th Apr 2016
6.0

If you are looking for a quiet sleep , dont count on it . I have slept in hostels all around the world but must say this was the worst for a good night sleep due to Music from the common room being played very loudly untill around 3 am which easily travels through the thin plasterboard walls and the plywood doors all on a Wednesday night!! Dont get me wrong , this hostel is perfect if you are looking for a party or to hook up but staying here the night before an interview is not recommended!!!!!

Thank you for hte comments. Unfortunately as we are located in the city center, there will be some noise from the night clubs situated nearby. We have a strict policy of no noise after 22H30 in the hallway to the rooms, which is monitored by staff, and guests seem to respect this. All music on site, is turned off at this time, and later at the bar by midnight. If you should need ear plugs please enquire at the reception and they will be happy to help. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

• England, Female, 41+
4th Apr 2016
6.3

-WiFi didn't work. -Staff left door on the latch once cleaned leaving room/valuables not safe. -Breakfast was a mucky mess and consisted of bread, jam , marmalade and chocolate spread and one cereal. On a good day there was 2 cereals and milk. - showers were good but went into toilets a few times and they were dirty.

Thank you for the comments. I hope you had an enjoyable visit to Oxford. I have looked into the comments, and brought this up with the team. Sometimes the breakfast may run short when the volunteer is helping another guest, but if you let them know they will be able to assist and restock anything needed. With regards to cleanliness of the ablution facilities, the housekeeping team cleans these daily, and we ask guests to clean up after themselves. The reception maintains the cleanlines of this through out the day. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

• France, Male, 25-30
2nd Apr 2016
4.6

Following are some bullets summarising our journey (with a friend): -Awful smell in the entrance -The receptionist was very welcoming -Disgusting linen (hair and dust were on it) -Fire Alarm switched on twice after midnight, and both were false alarm. You could imagine the chaos at that time. -Men's toilets and showers were uncleaned. -Poor breakfast Overall, "you will get what you will pay for it." I wouldn't rebook in that hostel, and wouldn't recommend it.

Thank you for the review. I have addressed your concerns with the housekeeping team in regards to the entrance of the hostel, and the smell you mention. All beds and linen are changed daily, and this is enforced by the fact guests need to return their linen to get their security deposit back. All beds are stripped by this policy, and ensures all beds have new linen for new guests. Unfortunately we did have the fire alarm set off, when you were staying at the hostel, and this was dealt with acordingly with staff on site. As this was a false alarm, we were luckily enough to not have to evacuate all guests. We hope you enjoyed your visit to Oxford nonetheless.

• Portugal, Male, 18-24
26th Mar 2016
5.1

I did not like the level of cleanliness of the toilets, nor the smell of the room halls.

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry to hear you did not find the cleanliness up to a standard. I will bring this to the housekeeping team, and we will monitor this. I hope you managed to enjoy your stay, and enjoy Oxford.

• Australia, All Female Group, 18-24
26th Mar 2016
5.1

The place was filthy and the rooms overwhelmingly hot. I ended up having to go out and sleep on the couch in the common area as our room was like a sauna and I was completely unable to sleep in it.

Thank you for your comments. Unfortunately the rooms can get a bit warm with other people in the room. We do have fans available, and ask all guests if they need anything to please come see the reception and they will be able to assist. We hope you enjoyed your stay nonetheless.

• Portugal, Female, 25-30
25th Mar 2016

It was an amazing time, I really enjoyed, the personal is lovely and friendly, the atmosphere is really nice, near to the centre you can walk everywhere!

Thank you for your comment. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and enjoyed what Oxford has to offer. We hope to see you in the future.