Very Good 2,765 Total Reviews
Very Good 2,765 Total Reviews
Oxford Backpackers Hostel Located at 9A Hythe Bridge Street, , Oxford.
England
Oxford OX12EW 9A Hythe Bridge Street
77% 2765
51.7533899 -1.2667322
    Rooms available

• Indonesia, Male, 31-40
25th Jun 2016
5.1

Location is good. But someone stole my money when i put in hostel storage

• Germany, Male, 25-30
24th Jun 2016
4.0

Avoid this place if you can. Run down, dodgy and depressing.

• England, Female, 25-30
23rd Jun 2016
5.1

Many of the guests in the hostel are long-term guests who are staying in the hostels for weeks or month, which makes the hostel atmosphere not so friendly for real traveler like me. Only three showers and toilets to be shared with more than 30 guests living in shared-bedroom, need to wait long long time for the shower and toilet. Cleanliness is awful. I found chewing gum stick on my bed. Lockers are broken and dusty. Toilet is disgusting dirty.

19th Jun 2016
6.6

This place looked really suspect when first walking in and it didn't get a lot better. The vibe is great, everyone hangs out together and chats and drinks and watches TV but that's the only up side to this place, that and the location. It wasn't particularly clean, and the beds and pillows were uncomfortable. The showers were cubicle showers with nothing between the shower and your cloths and towel. Two of the three toilets didn't flush properly. I do not recommend for long stays.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
18th Jun 2016
6.6

Lovely staff, great location. Not the cleanest hostel!

Thank you for the comments. I will pass this on to the house keeping team, and hopefully next time you are with us we will be up to a better standard.

16th Jun 2016

My sister and I stayed here and we actually cancelled our hostel in London to stay here another night. Oxford's such a gorgeous city and this hostel had a great atmosphere and cool people. Shout out to Andrew and Joshua for making our stay great.

13th Jun 2016

wi-fi wasn't working

Thank you for the comments. We are working on this and should have this resolved in the next coming week. If you do need any assistance with booking further travels or accommodation, we are available at the reception desk to assist in any way we can. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

8th Jun 2016
7.7

Amazing location, really close to the train starion, bus station and city centre. The rooms weren't very spacious and the whole hostel was hot and stuffy. I felt like I was home in Australia! Only three female showers for the whole hostel which wasn't good because people had to queue. Free breakfast was great though and so were the cooking fascilities. Location was the best part overall.

Thank you for hte comments, we are glad to hear you had a good stay. I will pass this on to the team.

• England, Male, 31-40
5th Jun 2016
7.7

Good place to stay nice staff but staff hogged the lounge area at times instead of allowing guest to use it, abit annoying wen u wana eat and that's the only area which is free whilst the other tables are full. Good value for money enjoyed it good location aswell. Meet Gurney who works their part time on weekend great guy he really made me feel very welcome always asking how I was or if he could be of any assistant.

Thank you for your comments. We are glad to hear you had a good stay at the hostel. Volunteers are travellers who share the hostel and facilities with fellow travellers. As such they are here to meet and greet guests and enjoy their time here, with other guests, and make new friends. We hope next time you are here you will join in the activities.

• USA, Male, 18-24
3rd Jun 2016
2.9

The facilities were gross. The place smelled, the sheets were not clean, there was hair all over my bed, the pillow was 2" thick, I didnt take a shower in the morning it was so filthy, the breakfast was water, OJ and toast. There are hall bathroom facilities with no privacy. I would not recommend staying here to anyone. I highly recommend paying the extra money to stay in a hotel. I was very disappointed and felt like my trip to Oxford was tarnished because of my awful experience at the hostel.

Thank you for your comments. we are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us. All guests beds are made bfore their check in, and as a policy when checking out we ask the guests to strip the bed and bring the linen to the front dest to check out. This ensures all beds are replaced with new linen for new arrivals. We serve a free light breakfast which consists of breads, cereals, juice, tea and coffee and biscuits, as well as pancakes for the more enthusiastic eaters! There are communal showers and toilets for men and another for ladies, which are all partitioned and allow privacy for the more concerned guests. These are cleaned daily, and then maintained. We are a backpackers, and as such like to offer the cheapest and affordable accommodation as possible, as we know how expensive traveling can be. We do not in any way want to be associated to a hotel as this is not what we try and promote. We try to provide an atmosphere for travellers alike, so they can meet new friends and share experiences, while enjoying the city they have chosen to visit. Please ensure you read about your hostel in future as this may not be suited to your needs, and may find a hotel more suited to you. All the best on your travels.