7.8
Very Good 2,739 Total Reviews
7.8
Very Good 2,739 Total Reviews
Oxford Backpackers Hostel Located at 9A Hythe Bridge Street, , Oxford.
England
Oxford OX12EW 9A Hythe Bridge Street
78% 2739
51.7533899 -1.2667322
    Rooms available

22nd May 2016

It's in a great location, near to the Ashmoleon Museum. The hostel has comfortable beds and good showers. The kitchen is quite good. Breakfast is free and the staff are friendly.

Thank you for the comments. I wioll pass them on to the team. We are happ to hear you had a great time, and enjoyed what Oxford has to offer.

• alisonhickey7143232
  • Ireland, Female, 25-30
21st May 2016

Great and helpful staff and facilites, warm welcome and friendly atmosphere!

Thank you for the comments. We are glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us, and we look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

• mmoloney1111411
  • New Zealand, Male, 18-24
13th May 2016
7.1

Pretty basic but well located. The internet didn't work the whole time I was there, it was hard as it meant I had trouble sorting the rest of my trip with my friends in London. Facilities were basic but sufficient, most of the people there seemed to be long term residents so didn't really feel like a hostel. Wouldn't stay there for any longer than I needed to.

Thank you for your comments. The internet has been tricky lately but this is soon to be resolved by the next time you are with us. Safe travels

• Norway, Couple, 18-24
5th May 2016
5.1

Location is good. Other then that the place feels dirty and there are to many beds in very small rooms. Too few toilets and showers for the amount of visitors and they where not clean either. Very few outlets in the rooms, to few security lockers. I am not staying there again.

Thank you for the comments. We are sorry to hear you will not be returning. We have taken your comments on board and will address these in our meetings.

• Canada, Mixed Group, 18-24
4th May 2016
7.4

Nothing very exciting about this hostel. Bathrooms were kinda gross. Breakfast was pretty standard; bread, spreads and cereal. Rooms were spacious, however no in-room, free lockers was a bummer.

Thank you for the comments. I will pass this on to the house keeping team and address your concerns. We hope to see you again in the future and look forward to welcoming you back.

2nd May 2016

Good location, helpful and friendly staff, low prices and excellent value for money. I appreciated the free breakfasts as these are not usually provided. The premises need some redecoration and there was not enough fridge space for guests, but overall this was a good place to stay.

Thank you for the comments. We are glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us. Unfortunately we are limited to space, but we do try keep things in order so all guests have space to store food and other belongings

• USA, Female, 18-24
28th Apr 2016
5.7

It was very loud and cramped. We had one space heater for an 18-bed dorm (which was two separate rooms) so it was freezing. Every morning I found people sleeping on the couches in the common room, and one morning all of the toilets were backed up and there was no hot water! The hostel is right next to a nightclub, so you can expect to hear that all night. Perhaps a good place for the extremely extroverted, but I would have preferred a more relaxed environment.

• USA, Female, 25-30
23rd Apr 2016

I would definitely stay here again. The staff was very friendly. Oliver and Kade were so welcoming, and both of them made some great suggestions on things to see and do while I was in town. I loved the Saturday night out! Such a great way to meet other travelers and experience Oxford's nightlife. Wifi didn't work in the room, but that just meant I was out and about more socializing. Overall I had a great experience and was sorry to leave!

• Hong Kong, Female, 25-30
22nd Apr 2016

Friendly staff. Good location. Nice breakfast. But very suck wifi.

Thank you for your comments. We are currently still working on the internet, but do try our best to assist with any requirements guests have such as making further bookings or travel arrangements. We hope you enjoyed you visit with us, and look forward to having you stay in the future.

19th Apr 2016
4.0

Wifi was down and staff blamed it on "too many people" trying to log on in the hostel. Not helpful at all, just told me to keep trying. The place was within walking distance of most places, but not really convenient and further than advertised from the bus stop. The checkout time is super late in the morning and the breakfast offered is not great - just toast and cereal. Even though the staff was up earlier, they refused to open checkout until exactly 8 am. Not very social either.