Oxford Backpackers Hostel Reviews

9A Hythe Bridge Street, Oxford, England

Good place, excellent location, gentle staff, good beakfast, everything ok.

• 17th Oct 2014

rooms were extremely cold and not very clean toilet was dirty breakfast was no real breakfast at all, toaster was broken, so it was just cold soft bread with butter and if you were lucky, some nutella. would not stay there again.

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Austria

The kitchen opened too late in the morning. at 7am it was closed for cleaning when I wanted to prepare my food for the Half Marathon.

• 11th Oct 2014

I hope it was the last time

I went into this place without very high expectations having read mixed reviews, which proved about right. Staff was nice, good locations, decent common room, but the beds had a bit of a rank smell about them though and were pretty uncomfortable and toilets were a bit gross. Also no option of female only dorms. It served it's purpose for me as a cheap place to stay one night but if you're going for a longer stay I would look elsewhere.

The beds were too small. The rooms were packed. There was no space for my luggage. The place wasn't very clean. I have stayed in other hostels around Europe and I have to say that it was the worst: it was more expensive than other hostels and the facilities weren't good enough.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

No wifi. Not clean. No hangers or enough shelves in the bathroom. Confused staff.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Israel

Got stuffed around with our check in (placed in the wrong rooms ect). Seems to be a lot of long stay people who were quite rowdy all night. Beds were uncomfortable. Wasn't a nice stay.

The location was good... The only thing that I'm not satisfied was that I felt the air in the room was not so fresh--kinda in need of ventilation... Apart from that, it's a good place to stay

The guys at the Oxford backpackers were such a blast. They were friendly, helpful, genuine and really lovely. The location was brilliant, so close to many things and the main shopping, food area and bus and train terminal. I found the WiFi to be a problem occasionally but was otherwise good. Laundry facilities were having problems when I got there but, they offered good alternatives. I would most definitely go back! Thanks guys

Great vibe.

The staff was friendly. The room was crammed and hot. The location was great, a walkable distance from everything.

toilets and showers very dirty every

I stayed here because the other hostel near by (which I stayed at the two night prior) was fully booked and I had to stay in Oxford for an extra night. The location is great, but I found the staff at times quite entitled and arrogant. In particular a male staff member who I heard commenting about female guests appearances and that he hoped to "score" with one in particular. I'm not at all prudish but it so cringe worthy and inappropriate.

Pros - Good location, functional amenities, standard breakfast no frills, all in all good place to stay, value for money. Cons - Not the cleanest hostel, and only 1 set of washrooms for the entire hostel

Quite dirty and cramped. Party/drunk atmosphere which is uncomfortable if you are not into it. It is forced upon you and very much in your face. Bathrooms (showers and toilets) were quite dirty, only three of each for the women's toilets. The bunk beds in the rooms were small, uncomfortable and the bedding was some weird children's set. Felt unclean. Lockers were quite crappy, wouldn't hold if someone wanted to steal your things. Floor in rooms was sticky. Breakfast was bare minimum.

Ok hostel. Nothing great but nothing bad. FYI: You are charged if you want to use our credit card! If you don't want the charge make sure you have cash! And only one bathroom that is closed at 10:30am until they finish cleaning it.

Overall this was not a great experience: the hostel itself wasn't clean, the dorms were so tiny and cramped, and worst of all the hostel staff were pretty awful. There was a guy who arrived at 7.50am and just wanted to put his bag in storage so he could catch his train. The receptionist girl told him that it didn't open until 8am (despite her sitting at the desk) and told him the same at 7.57am that she would open at 8. The poor guy just wanted to store his bag!! Would not recommend!

Good location for access to the city centre, but the facilities were not spectacular. Rooms were dirty and I was bitten by insects the entire time. Common room doesn't have much space considering the number of people there

Had a great atmosphere and good facilities in a good location. Everything you would expect from a good hostel. Breakfast was good and plentiful as was the Wifi. All in all I had no complaints and would definitely recommend.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7