Oxford Backpackers Hostel Reviews

9A Hythe Bridge Street, Oxford, England

The staff was very polite and they help me so much.

Pompous staff, free breakfast is nothing but cold bread and some spreads, bathrooms stink, beds stink, no safe lockers,.

• 25th Aug 2014
  • India

This hostel is pretty average on everything, nothing excellent nor too bad

• 23rd Aug 2014

Despite my night being a Saturday night, when you must expect some noise from the street if you want to open a window in the City Centre or when someone in the hall forgets to consider his neighbours when getting to his room, I slept pretty well. Staff was awesome, breakfast a nice bonus, wifi worked perfectly and I would definitely stay there again.

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • Czech Republic

Location is great in the centre of Oxford but beware it is located next to a club so not a place for a full night sleep! The beds are really uncomfortable and the room smelled awful. I left early in the morning as it was impossible to get to sleep. The staff were friendly and excellent though!

Really enjoyed stayin here. The staff were all really friendly and helpful. The dining/sofa area is nice and it makes the place pretty social which is great. Would definitely come again, just watch out, they charge £4 for luggage storage!

Thanks for your positive comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. £4 luggage storage is for non-guests only who are using our left luggage, all guests can store their bags for FREE.

Lovely location between the train station and the old town. No internet in the rooms meant that there was lots of opportunity to meet people. I'd stay there again!

Great location, fun place to hang out. Most people stayed up and watched movies in the common room at nice, which was fun, and the hostel was within 10 minutes of anywhere you would want to go in Oxford.

The staff were very friendly and I never had a problem with security or cleanliness, though I could see how others might. The bathrooms were maybe a little small, especially if the larger rooms were fully booked, but I guess I'm good at timing because I never had to wait for a toilet or shower. Also, the largest rooms could be better ventilated, especially when full -- it can get a little stuffy. Very fun hanging out in the common room and meeting everyone!

• 12th Aug 2014

The atmosphere wasn't the greatest of all. Although the bathrooms were so clean, the bedrooms weren't. There was too much noise on saturday night because the hostel is next to a disco club.

The location is perfect but I didn't like the feel of the hostel. I only stayed one night so it doesn't really matter, but it kind of felt grungy to me and the staff weren't all that welcoming. Still, it's a decent place to sleep.

Great location, fantastic faci.ities. Kitchen much appreciated. Easy to meet people. Staff are friendly and approachable, Highly recommended.

Location was good, just a short walk to the train station and city centre. We stayed in an 18 bed dorm, and there was actually a reasonable amount of space in the room. There was little ventilation however, making the smell unbearable in the morning (may be due to the fact that 14 of the guests were male). The facilities were clean, but there weren't enough showers for the amount of people in the hostel. Overall, not bad for a one night stay, but probably wouldn't recommend any longer.

- staff very friendly - service and price balanced

pool should be free and fridge needs to be bigger but met lots of nice people :)

• 6th Aug 2014

Great staff, great kitchen, great lounge area. Fantastic friendly atmosphere

Probably this was the best hostel, I've ever been.

Staff was nice but could be better... It was a bit disappointing to know that I would not be able to use the locker nor have the breakfast as I need to leave the hostel before 8am. Good and funny wifi password though it never worked on my phone. It is really noisy at night with all people from the street going clubbing, playing musics plus sounds from traffic. Location is good and very close to the coach station.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Hong Kong

Staff were awesome! They really made the whole stay worthwhile, and provided the atmosphere you expect at a backpackers.

Decent place to stay.