Oxford Backpackers Hostel Reviews

9A Hythe Bridge Street, Oxford, England

Hostel has a common room area with pool table and chairs/tables and tv. Free breakfast was served - bread with variety of spreads. Room was clean and other guests were polite and quiet at night going in and out of room. One slight snorer, but I guess that's inevitable in a room of 18 :)

Not much of a place Excellent staff under the circumstances

Boiler broken so there was no hot water for 3 days, should of had a discount for the massive inconvenience. The two girls were a little hostile at times had a weird vibe, really friendly Aussie guy tho. The rooms were freezing! Probably wouldn't stay again, but the location is perfect straight by the train station and the pub!

• 5th Mar 2015
  • Portugal

The place was great. People and Staff were friendly and helpful. No additional fees for anything. Free lockers are great, nevertheless if they are not available for everyone I see it as the only issue I had. So I personally would welcome more lockers, placed in the room - even just a small ones!

• 4th Mar 2015
  • Czech Republic

Just a problem with the hot water :-(

This is the worst hostel in my travelling aroud England. It is quite convinient about its location,but no hot water,too crowdy near the night club, no change coin to client, lost little things by house keeping. All things are facts happened in my stay,that not happened again in any other hostel I stayed in England and Europe.

Thank you for your request of feedback. I found this place extreemly dirty. The ladies lavatory was dirty, the floor was full of hairs and dirtyness and there was not hot water ! Dirty also the kitchen and all the areas!!

• 27th Feb 2015

no hot water for shower is really bad. the service is good on average.

Great atmosphere, and included breakfast was very convenient. The large common room, plus kitchen available to guests was great, and added to the friendly atmosphere.

Rather dirty, room not ready at proposed check in time so had to go back later to check in. Very noisy. Can hear the club bass next door all night.

Wonderful, friendly atmosphere - an option of fruit for breakfast would make this good hostel a remarkable one - also, the windows were noisy and drafty, but the duvet was very warm - look into updating the window seals and panes (it sounded like the window was cracked open, but it wasn't)

• 20th Feb 2015

The hostel is very confortable, cool and cute for young people, friendly atmosphere. I liked that there is a shared kitchen inside beacuse is a opportunity to eat what you want for lunch and dinner and also to know people. Good experience!

• 18th Feb 2015

I have a great time at this hostel! Super nice a staff, and the showers were amazing. Plus people in my room were super friendly and very lovely. The atmosphere in the common room was great. I am looking forward to come back!

Not the cleanest place, but the staff were friendly, there's a good vibe in the common area and having a kitchen is very useful.

I really enjoyed my stay in Oxford. The hostel is located a short walk from everything I wanted to see while visiting and even closer to shops and restaurants. I stayed in the 18 bed dorm and found it to be warm and quiet enough. You have to expect to only get a half decent sleep - it is a hostel. The atmosphere is what makes this hostel and the staff has done a great job making it feel comfortable, fun and inclusive. Special thanks to Kat :)

Our stay at the Oxford Backpackers Hostel was a very enjoyable and pleasant one. The beds were very comfortable and the blankets given were very warm, which was greatly appreciated on a chilly night. As being students who live on campus accommodations we appreciated the bedding and mattress and that's what really pushed our satisfaction for the hostel over the top.

• 14th Feb 2015

Staff was really nice but the place really dirty. I couldn't take a shower.

• 14th Feb 2015

I wouldnt stay here again. The room was an 8 bed shareroom, there were 4 guys from a rugby team in our room who were extreemly loud and rude at 3am and again at 8am. The heater made horrible noises all night, the pillows may as well not have existed and the matresses were like bricks. The staff "heard" we had had a rough night yet they did nothing to fix or mend the situation. Also next to a nightclub where the music is so loud my friend couldnt sleep. one of the worst hostel experiences yet!

• 6th Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

The hostel has a very nice common room with a bar and that makes it easier to meet people staying in there. Had a nice stay there

Arrived eleven at night with a party going on in the common room. No one to greet us at the reception desk, so we waited and then went searching. The staff was friendly! Got upgraded to a 4-bed room. Yay!.. until we saw it. Room security was fine(no free locker in the room tho). The floor was dirty, full bin rubbish( bloody condom), no cleaning done, furniture old and worn out! DIRTY bed sheets/mattresses and toilets/showers. Next to a nightclub, so didn't get ANY sleep. For £30 you expect more!

• 5th Feb 2015