Oxford Backpackers Hostel Reviews

9A Hythe Bridge Street, Oxford, England

People in reception very friendly and helpful. Cleaner in the mornnig also doing a good job. Will use this hostel again.

This is not the fault of the hostel, but there was a great deal of very loud noise just outside the hostel into the wee hours of the morning, each night and morning. The city of Oxford needs a noise ordinance.

The atmosphere is great and I met some great people around here...barring a few racist comments from one visitor (not your fault ,all kinds of people) , I found it has a very easy and relaxed ambience. But I have to say some areas dont smell fresh and toilets are sub par.....which might be causing some bad reviews. I have stayed at clink in london and your hostel definitely had a more personal effect . A minimal investment in these two aspects can make for even better ratings which u deserve.

• 30th Jan 2016
  • India

We are happy to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us and with Oxford. We have great guests coming from all over the world to stay with us, but apologise you had to endure an unsavioury account. If this does ever happen anywhere please let the staff know and hopefully wherever you are, this can be resolved. I will address the cleanliness issues with the house keeping team, and will get this resolved. Safe travels.

It was a wonderful experience living in backpackers. No doubt that this is the best hostel in oxford. I do though kindly request the staff to fix the internet. Honestly I stayed there for 3 days and could not connect for a second.

• 27th Jan 2016
  • India

We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Wwe are working on resolving the internet issues, and hopefully will have this resolved asap. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

All the staff that served are very helpful and friendly staff especially Joshua.

• 25th Jan 2016
  • Malaysia

Thank you for the comment. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Many Thanks.

Such a great atmosphere!! I loved the common area. This hostel has a great vibe. I wish I could've stayed longer to get to know the staff and fellow travellers a bit more. I highly recommend this hostel!

Thank you so much for the comments. It is always validating for the staff to hear great feedback. We hope to see you again in the future.

I stayed here for two nights, room number 11 (18 Bed Mixed Dorm). There's no wifi connection in the room, and it's quite hard to connect wifi in common room as well, but once you connect it, you can always have it in common area. At the day I stayed, the heating wasn't working, the staff was helpful, helping to change bed or giving you one more duvet. Staffs are nice, always willing to help. Breakfast is simple but good enough. Location is excellent, 5 mins walking distance to main street.

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are working on resolving the WIFI problems, and continuosly working with the supplier to rectify this. Thank you for the comments and we look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

2 of us took the dorm accommodation at Oxford Backpackers. There was already someone else's stuff on one of the beds assigned to us. It took them 2 hours to assign us a different bed as apparently they were fully booked. Other than this, the complementary breakfast was regular bread, tea coffee. I would recommend using their personal lockers, they came very handy at no extra cost. Also, carry cash, as they charge extra for card payment.

• 16th Jan 2016
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Thank you for your comments. Unfortunately as we do assign guests a bed, if someone does take another guests bed, this does have a knock on effect. We ask all guests to see the reception if they want to change their allocated bed, to ensure these sort of problems do not arise. Apologies on behalf of that guest, but we are happy to hear this did not affect your stay with us too much. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Cheap and great location. Horrible smell throughout the hostel.

• 16th Jan 2016

Thank you for your comment. Unfortunately we did have some guests who blocked our facilities, which did cause an issue. This has been dealt with in a prompt manner and has been resolved. Apologies for any inconvenience caused, and we look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

The wifi didn't work. It was cold as hell in the rooms. Other than that, this is a decent place for money. If I had to, I'd used it again.

• 14th Jan 2016

Thank you for your comment. Unfortunately we have had issues with this, but are in the process of getting this corrected. Presently this is working, and we are working with the supplier to ensure activity throughout.

The Hostel is all in all decent. Facilities are clean. Just the breakfast was a bit too unorganised (e.g. not enough tea mugs) and not very welcoming.

• 6th Jan 2016

Thank you for your comments. I have had a meeting with the breakfast team to ensure the problems are corrected. We have organised more mugs and cutlery for the kitchen, so next time you visit and stay with us, all facilities will be fully stocked. We look forward to having you stay with us soon.

this hostel is ok, but nothing more than that...smelly, room was super crammed... ok for one night... if you're arriving late check your email - they made a no-show (i.e. charged my card) 20 minutes before my indicated arrival time... they sent an e-mail with the explanation and code for the gates (reception closes before midnight) but at the last moment so check your e-mail before thinking you have to sleep on the street :)

Thank you for your comment. Unfortunately when sharing a dorm with other guests there is a risk of odours from shoes etc. I hope it wasnt too bad. If guests are arriving outside of reception hours, we do try and contact them to provide details of the booking with entrance codes, but also advise all guests to contact us directly if they will be late. We hope to see you soon.

Better ventilation in the rooms would be good.

• 29th Dec 2015
  • Singapore

Thank you for your comment. We are busy working with the maintenance team, and will be addressing this over the next few months. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

The experience was almost great! Just the last day one member of the staff was not really motivated to arranged everything for the breakfast which should be ready at 8:00am For the other things was good! :)

• 28th Dec 2015
  • Mexico

Thank you for your comments. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will address the service and motivation with all, to ensure we all are at a great level of customer service. We hope to see you again soon. Take care.

This was great! I loved the social atmosphere of this hostel. It was in a great location too. My only problem with it was the cleanliness of the kitchen and bathroom.

Thank you for your comments. We have addressed this with the housekeeping team, and will monitor this to ensure all levels of cleanliness are maintained. We hope to see you in the future.

I have absolutely no complaints about this hostel. The staff were friendly, the room was just right. I especially liked the curfew that you can't talk loudly in the corridor after 10.30, which was respected. The common room is also a nice touch, with a pool table, pub quiz machine, TV and a very cheap bar. Nice job, guys.

Thank you for your comments. We are please to hear you have had a great time with us, and enjoyed what Oxford has to offer. I will pass the feedback onto the team, and am sure they will be happy with this. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future. Compliments of the festive season and happy new year.

I guess I got what I paid for. Suprised that the dorm was mixed. Staff extremely helpful

• 11th Dec 2015

Many thanks for your comments. We hope you enjoyed your stay, and what Oxford has to offer. We hope to see you soon.

Lovely guests although the staff members were difficult to distinguish from the guests and some a little creepy. The kitchen facilities were extensive although there were only 3 showers for females, and each noticeably dirty and dated.

Only has corridor lockers, i personally prefer individual room lockers. It took a lot of attempts to connect to the wifi, but once connected each time it worked fine

Thank you for the comments. We are in the process of getting all the dorms fitted with lockers for guests. On your next visit hopefuly this will be completed by then. Many thanks.

Absolutely great time! Kind employees and other travelers, great breakfast and very comfortable sleeping accommodations. I would definetly return and reccomend this place to anyone traveling through Oxford!

• 1st Dec 2015

Thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Im sure the team will be happy to hear your feed back. Thank you :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3