Oxford Backpackers Hostel Reviews

9A Hythe Bridge Street, Oxford, England

Very clean, good value for money and a friendly, fun atmosphere. Would definitely stay again

• 28th Jul 2015

The hostel had a great vibe and was in an ideal location

• 25th Jul 2015

Really enjoyed our stay, staff were friendly on arrival and we had no problems the nights we stayed. It was a bit noisy being next to the bars outside but didn't keep us awake. The atmosphere was great and cleanliness/environment is what you'd expect from a hostel. Would stay there again.

• 24th Jul 2015

wifi is pretty bad. It does not connect most of the time. But there are 2 computers with cables. Cleaness is ok. Breakfast stars at 8 with cereal and bread which is fine. Staffs are friendly and helpful. It is a good place to meet people. But i have tobsay the buglar happened on my first night is rare. I did enjoy the stay overall.

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Hong Kong

Brilliant people, effective staff, best place to meet new people if you like.

• 20th Jul 2015
  • Spain

A good place to stay in Oxford, staff is nice, breakfast is simple and good, few problems with the Wi-Fi (not disponible in the rooms and not always ok in the common room), beds are ok, sheets seem to be clean, little lockers to put important things... Don't hesitate to go there :)

• 19th Jul 2015

This hostel was great! Everyone was friendly and my bed was really comfy! Great location too :)

Bathrooms were quite small, too few, and cleanliness could have been better. Otherwise, nice and helpfull staff, very nice ambience, great location, safe rooms, great facilities (computer access is a plus). Quiet enough if you're looking for a place to sleep (may depend on the room you're in), but you can also have good times in the common area!

• 17th Jul 2015

My son and I we're put in bunks Right where the door opens...I mean inches away, so that every time someone came in or out...and it was continually all night...we were disturbed! My mattresses felt like id slip into their narrow path to the door at any minute. Needless to say, I didn't sleep much, if any. The only redemption is the ease from the train station and the free breakfast.

this hostel was definitely overpriced for the facilities on offer and the management of the staff. Very basic amenities and not super clean bathrooms, the staff seem a bit disorganised as well.

• 13th Jul 2015

Nice place, cool people, and cool shared spaces. Clean, functional and well located.

It was a good night stay for 1 night but definitely not the best hostel I've stayed in. Lots of people in the common area, it's a party hostel and not for a good night sleep. Very hot a stuffy with no air flow. The bathrooms were small and very busy. The location is great and close to everything. No lockers in the rooms.

Amazing welcoming staff

• 9th Jul 2015

I was disappointed with this hostel, the only good thing about it was that it's located right by the train and bus stations. I found one woman working there very rude at one point when she went into a strop with me for daring to ask for some milk when it was breakfast time, as if it's unreasonable to want milk with your cereal. The showers were dirty and there are no lockers in the rooms to secure your belongings. Look elsewhere!

I feel this Hostel gets a bad wrap, it's actually really good. Wifi works well from the lounge area, showers are great cleaned everyday, beds tipical hostel bed! Reading other reviews people mention a strange smell in some of the rooms. I was staying in room 3 and didn't smell anything unusual, and you couldn't hear any noise from the lounge area. The night club nosie you can hear but that's typical. Staff are fine, the guys organising the social activities try there best. It's a hostel people's

Nice location, large kitchen to store food, cooking. But small place.

We had a great time here, the staff was so wonderful, we went out with them almost every night! It was not just the place where we slept but it became a home for us although we only stayed there for 9 nights. We also loved the different activities organized by the hostel like the bbq. We've stayed in quite a few hostel so far but this one was special and by far the best one

• 5th Jul 2015

The people here could not be nicer and the location is great. The facilities, however, are bordering on gross. A very dingy place in need of a good scrubbing! Rent a carpet cleaner. The entire place has a bit of a smell. Good social environment, nonetheless.

• 5th Jul 2015

This place is a little shoddy, but has the basics of what you need and nothing more. Don't expect much of it and you'll do fine. Pretty near to the coach station, 5-10 mins walk.

Welcoming staff, fun people.

• 4th Jul 2015