Oxford Backpackers Hostel Reviews

9A Hythe Bridge Street, Oxford, England

Very nice hostels, friendly staff and good atmosphere ! we'll definitely visit again !

• 10th Jan 2015

Really enjoyed my stay at Oxford backpackers. Great service, staff and atmosphere. Not sure if this is just a requirement but all the staff have 3 letter names... If Lou, Kat, and Nat are working there still they will make sure you really get a good experience of Oxford!

Of all the hostels I've visited, my time at Oxford Backpackers has been my favorite. The staff (Lu, Nat, Jeremy and the rest) are incredibly kind, fun and great at helping you get settled and sorted. Definitely a place I'll revisit, when next I'm in Oxford.

• 29th Dec 2014

Such an awesome and fun hostel. Had such a good time and the staff are a really cool bunch of people, really friendly, helpful and just generally awesome. Homey place, would recommend to anyone

Party vibe. Great staff. Only sticking point is that it's certainly not the cleanest hostel I've stayed in.

• 24th Dec 2014

Great place to stay! I would recommend this hostel to everyone. The staff really made my stay, Kat, Katie, Jeremy and Natalie. The hostel has a very relaxed, homely atmosphere, I would definitely stay here again

• 11th Dec 2014

This is a very friendly and relaxed hostel. Breakfast is provided, but there and no curtains on the beds. There were also no power points in the bedrooms. The staff were very helpful and the bar is great. A very good hostel for anyone wanting to socialise and meet new people.

Just...Dirty dirty dirty

The staff has been extremely helpful and friendly, esp Kat!

Staff not very friendly and sometimes even annoying. But the location was very good and the other travellers I met where nice! It's also nice that you can bring guests in the common area!

Well , Well . Well That´s all i can Say . Thanx for this moment . See you soon Backpackers .

• 17th Nov 2014

Perfect location next door to the best pubs and clubs in Oxford. Really great place to stay - the staff are AWESOME. Definitely recommend for anyone. good vibes

Was good stay.

Excellent staff

• 12th Nov 2014
  • Portugal

The rooms were small and stuffy and the bathroom facilities were a bit cramped for so many guests, and the common area could do with a bit of a make over. The staff were lovely though, although we did have one very bad incident (we were staying in the same room as some of the staff). Several staff members came home very drunk and one of them even had carried out of the room by two of her colleagues to the bathroom - an absolute NO-GO and very disruptive to the sleep we desperately needed!

The hostel staff was unfriendly at reception and when I had trouble with wifi told me that it "sometimes doesn't work". Some of the hostel staff were actually staying in some of the beds in my room and we the rudest. They came in late, drunk, were super loud, and when asked to quiet down they laughed at me. I would never never never ever stay at this hostel again. Showers were gross, bathrooms dirty, common room was dirty as well. Plain awful

• 6th Nov 2014

The receptionist was so rude and dismissive I knew immediately it would be a disaster and my instincts proved right. Do yourself a favour and stay in an bed and breakfast as this is crummy , dirty and flithy

• 6th Nov 2014

Never mind that the rooms are cramped and not very clean, never mind that there a morbid stench all over the place, what makes this hostel awful is the unexpected and gratuitous rudeness of staff (with one positive exception being Nacho the Spanish receptionist). At times there seem to be more staff than guest, some of them are proper vicious. I just wonder how desperate travellers need to be for this establishment to be still in business.

Nice staff and very good location! Will recommend to friends :) Cheers for a good stay on my birthday weekend!

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Denmark

First of all, the location is excellent. But: Rooms are very crowded and tiny, not enough space for suitcases, filty bed linen etc. Bathrooms very quite dirty, one sink was broken in the girls' bathroom. Staff was a bit grumpy. No Wi-Fi in the dorms, extra fees when you want to pay by card (WTF?). Breakfast very basic - first come, first serve! If you don't get up early, you'll enjoy some toast with butter, that's it. Wouldn't stay here again!