Oxford Backpackers Hostel Reviews

9A Hythe Bridge Street, Oxford, England

My son and I we're put in bunks Right where the door opens...I mean inches away, so that every time someone came in or out...and it was continually all night...we were disturbed! My mattresses felt like id slip into their narrow path to the door at any minute. Needless to say, I didn't sleep much, if any. The only redemption is the ease from the train station and the free breakfast.

this hostel was definitely overpriced for the facilities on offer and the management of the staff. Very basic amenities and not super clean bathrooms, the staff seem a bit disorganised as well.

• 13th Jul 2015

Nice place, cool people, and cool shared spaces. Clean, functional and well located.

It was a good night stay for 1 night but definitely not the best hostel I've stayed in. Lots of people in the common area, it's a party hostel and not for a good night sleep. Very hot a stuffy with no air flow. The bathrooms were small and very busy. The location is great and close to everything. No lockers in the rooms.

Amazing welcoming staff

• 9th Jul 2015

I was disappointed with this hostel, the only good thing about it was that it's located right by the train and bus stations. I found one woman working there very rude at one point when she went into a strop with me for daring to ask for some milk when it was breakfast time, as if it's unreasonable to want milk with your cereal. The showers were dirty and there are no lockers in the rooms to secure your belongings. Look elsewhere!

I feel this Hostel gets a bad wrap, it's actually really good. Wifi works well from the lounge area, showers are great cleaned everyday, beds tipical hostel bed! Reading other reviews people mention a strange smell in some of the rooms. I was staying in room 3 and didn't smell anything unusual, and you couldn't hear any noise from the lounge area. The night club nosie you can hear but that's typical. Staff are fine, the guys organising the social activities try there best. It's a hostel people's

Nice location, large kitchen to store food, cooking. But small place.

We had a great time here, the staff was so wonderful, we went out with them almost every night! It was not just the place where we slept but it became a home for us although we only stayed there for 9 nights. We also loved the different activities organized by the hostel like the bbq. We've stayed in quite a few hostel so far but this one was special and by far the best one

• 5th Jul 2015

The people here could not be nicer and the location is great. The facilities, however, are bordering on gross. A very dingy place in need of a good scrubbing! Rent a carpet cleaner. The entire place has a bit of a smell. Good social environment, nonetheless.

• 5th Jul 2015

This place is a little shoddy, but has the basics of what you need and nothing more. Don't expect much of it and you'll do fine. Pretty near to the coach station, 5-10 mins walk.

Welcoming staff, fun people.

• 4th Jul 2015

I love this hostel and can't wait to come back!!

Dirty smellimg dirty toilets Disgusting

Reasonably good hostel, wifi worked well and on the whole it was fairly clean with okay showers. The nightclub next door kicked on late so there was a constant sound of bass. The staff member when I arrived wasn't particularly attentive. Very hot in the common room - could look at some air con for those summer days!

location is fine, the staffs are not that nice enough, I stayed there for 1night, i think it's max to stay, bathroom have hairdryer(good~), yet the wifi connection was poor.

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

This hostel felt very dodgy, especially since while I was checking in the guy at reception had to kick out a homeless man who kept sneaking in. However the staff were nice. The room was boiling hot (the radiator was on and staff refused to turn it off), and the mattresses were rock hard. The walls are super thin, the club up the road was very noisy, there were only 3 showers in the hostel for women, no bench space, and the wifi did not work on my iPhone. Too expensive for what you got.

This place is disgusting and during the hottest days of the year they couldn't get the radiators off even after being asked multiple times. The hostel smells, needs thoroughly cleaned - mounds of hair everywhere and the beds are dreadfully uncomfortable. It was a waste of money staying here and I cut my visit short so I could leave.

it's pretty expensive and the wifi won't reach to the rooms

The bathroom has a lack regarding the changing area,should have more space to change. Another thing is that there could be more plugs in the rooms,especially beside the beds