Oxford Backpackers Hostel Reviews

9A Hythe Bridge Street, Oxford, England

1933 Total Reviews

I had such an amazing time during my stay here at Oxford Backpackers! The staff are very friendly and always there to help you if you have any questions or concerns. Breakfast is great and FREE! The whole building was clean and well heated- which is perfect for this time of year! They have a bar and a pool table in the common area which helps crate a friendly and fun atmosphere! Would stay here again in a heart beat!

Fantastic value for money, great location, other hostellers very friendly, and the staff were great.

• 10th Dec 2013

good value for money. friendly staff.

Great spot to explore Oxford. Nice friendly staff and good vibe

• 3rd Dec 2013
  • New Zealand

I loved staying at Oxford Backpackers. It's right between the train station and the city, met lots of very nice people there, and the staff was lovely too. There even was a movie night on Sunday with free popcorn! :)

• 30th Nov 2013
  • Denmark

Amazing place to stay in Oxford! Close to the city centre, fun, friendly staff, and very clean! I really enjoyed my stay.

• 29th Nov 2013

Even if I stayed one night there, I really enjoyed it. The room was clean and tidy. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the bar is open at night where you have really cheap drinks and good music. I was a bit afraid when I saw the previous reviews but I have no regrets, it was the best day ever. So thank you very much Oxford Backpackers and see you soon!

• 26th Nov 2013
  • Reunion

The Oxford Backpacker is a great venue in the center of oxford close be nearly everz relavent site you have to see if you spent your time in the beautyful city. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the rooms are nice and tidy, the same in the showers and toilets. Also if you want to go out at night this Hostel is the perfect spot to start a great night in oxford. You can stared with a few beers a the hostelbar and just can go out to the two clubs which are only newtdoor. But it is loud.

• 26th Nov 2013

Daunting flight of stairs to greet you if you have luggage but friendly staff, decent common area and close to everything in Oxford.

A nice pleasant overnight stay

People do not respect the rules of hygiene in the toilet. It should be cleaned more often (several times a day instead of once). Beds are crammed in rooms where so many people should not sleep.

Not a bad hostel- located within walking distance of the centre of town. Everything was what you would expect from a hostel in England. Rooms were a bit small, but the kitchen was well equipped, and the atmosphere was good; with a bar and everything. It looked as though there were activities planned most nights to meet people if you were staying for a bit longer.

The receptionist was really excellent.

• 31st Oct 2013

I like the laundry service because it gives you the flexibility to go out the rest of the day and pick up your laundry whenever you want to (instead of waiting at the machine). I didn't like that my bunk bed was next to the radiator which was extremely hot in the middle of the night. I had to use my blanket to cover the radiator so that I wouldn't get burned by it.

Nice hostel.

The location is great and i like that I don't have to lug my stuff up a ton of stairs to my room but lights by the beds would be great so one can read before going to sleep without disturbing others or can turn it on and get ready for bed without turning on the overhead light and waking others up.

Absolutely friendly staff, delicious breakfast, comfortable beds, and clean bathrooms! The only qualm I had with this hostel was that it was pretty close to all the pubs and clubs (which for those going out would be phenomenal), but it made for a bit of a noisy time trying to fall asleep. Overall wonderful stay though and I highly recommend it to others.

• 25th Oct 2013

There were an issue with the allocated bed. It didn't trouble much as the staff were very helpful.

Nothing in special. The location is good but I booked in the middle of the week and I thought the price a bit high for being on a Wednesday.

the best bit about this hostel was the kitchen. the rooms were pretty average and the pillows and mattresses were pretty terrible. the allocated beds would be good during high season but it seemed pretty stupid during low season- they put everyone on one side of a half empty dorm. it would have been nice to space people out. location was good and breakfast was fine.

1 2 3 Next » last »