Oxford Backpackers Hostel Reviews

9A Hythe Bridge Street, Oxford, England

When it to my bed the was someone's stuff on it. I told the staff, they said the previous person must have forgotten it, even though it included their backpack and cell phone. I asked for a different bed incase the bed was double booked and they said no. I was then woken up in the middle of the night by a man claiming I was in their bed. We both had the same bunk written on the paper. The staff women from Italy was amazing, and the women she worked with that night. Everyone else was rude.

The great atmosphere and staff turned my two night visit into a nine night visit. The facilities are adequate, clean and functional. Oxford Backpackers is the best hostel, that I have stayed at, in terms of atmosphere, the helpfulness of the staff and community feel of the hostel. The staff went out of their way to organise and join the guests on activities throughout town; I was even accompanied by a staff member (on their day off) on a day trip of London. The staff are the key to the hostel.

• 11th Jun 2014

The showerheads were really nasty. They had not been cleaned in a really long time. Otherwise the rest of the stay was pleasant.

A great place to meet people! Location is perfect when arriving by train and quite close to the city centre

The place was nice, big common area with lots of space. Breakfast was decent. Parking, well, be prepared to pay 2-3 times your room rate to park. The nearest parking lot was 34 pounds/ day. There was one farther off in the opposite direction of the city center that might have been cheaper. staff was friendly enough and answered my questions

Room felt crowded and was very stuffy. Breakfast was great and staff was friendly. Would stay again in the future.

Great friendly staff, took us out for a very fun evening :) The location is a big plus, couldn't be much better!

Great central location. Lockers were a bit small and not much space to put stuff in room. Bathrooms a bit underwhelming. Nice lounge area. Good enough for cheap central option

Was crowded, despite being far from capacity and very unclean - walls were paper thin so you could hear people breathing in the next room ensuring a bad night's sleep. The hostel was decorated horribly and the staff very unresponsive and helpful. Avoid.

• 3rd Jun 2014

My overall feeling was pretty content, the atmosphere was good, although I had some issues. I stayed at the Oxford Backpackers for four days, but my bedding was changed after two days and pj's were gone. Luckily I was able to recover them from the lost&found box. I couldn't find my towel, though, which went missing a few hours later. (At the same time, nothing was taken from my suitcase) Probably a roommate took it, because the place had pretty strict security regulations about strangers.

Great Hostel

Unconfortable rooms (withouth wall outlet beside of bed or private lights) and poor breakfst. Could be improved these questions.

Couldn't be happier with my stay!

Good hostel in a great area in Oxford. Close to everything, decent breakfast, good deals at bar, nice atmosphere.

Quite old hostel with lovely staff.

• 27th May 2014

Everything is fine except the noise from the street at night and the toilet door -- there is a gap even the door is closed and locked. That is quite embarrassing.

great atmosphere! meet a lot of friends at this hostel. nice location.

Overall, the hostel is nice and worth for stay. The staff are nice and helpful.

It looks a bit grungy from the outside but don't be scared (as my friend and I were). Great rooms, beds are far away from each other and definitely a good sleep. The showers were a bit gross but still manageable. Very accommodating staff at front desk :)

• 22nd May 2014

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. The decor was exquisitie and my mattress was the perfect level of sponginess. The staff were super helpful and ready to deal with any demand of mine with a big smile. Great fun atmosphere in the bar, and had a wild night in wahoo afterwards. Only hitch was I got a bit too drunk afterwards- lolz!

• 21st May 2014