Oxford Backpackers Hostel Reviews

9A Hythe Bridge Street, Oxford, England

I had a little trouble with the wifi, which was frustrating. Other than that, I had a great time! The breakfast and rooms were nice, the staff friendly, and the general vibe of the hostel was so welcoming.

• 1st May 2014

staff was friendly,good energy ,the hostel was clean,i saw staff cleaning,every 7 days...

• 27th Apr 2014

staff really friendly homely feel

• 26th Apr 2014

Were there for 2 nights. Very good atmosphere, feels like home. Near to the city center and the train station. The 4-person room was small, but Okey. A clean hostel! We recommend it!

I stayed one night here in April and had a great time. Staff was amazing - very friendly and helpful! Wifi was decent, showers were hot, breakfast was the typical underwhelming hostel continental. Very close to train station and city center.

Met expectations.

• 26th Apr 2014

Best hostel ever. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. Kitchen well equipped, great big common room, awesome that they have a pool table and a bar. Baie lekker. Highly recommend this place for students and backpackers.

• 24th Apr 2014
  • South Africa

Personnel is very friendly and helpful !

The atmosphere in this hostel was very good, but the rooms were incredibly cramped. There was very little storage for bags and the bathrooms were not cleaned. A staff member was drunk at 10am and ended up quitting halfway through the day. If you want somewhere friendly to hang out in Oxford, this place was great, but don't expect a quiet or comfy sleep.

Thanks for the feedback. We can only apologise for the staff member that morning, he is no longer with our hostel as we do not condone his behaviour. We hope to see you in the future. Regards, Oxford Backpackers Team.

Most amazing hostel staff I have encoutered thus far on my travels. Great lounge area and pub crawl to meet and make new friends! I would definitely come back to this backpackers location. The only issue I had in the 12 bed dorm was there was literally no space in the room besides the beds and I slept with my backpack on my bed.. but I can't say what the other rooms were like.

Toilets very poorly maintained - bins overflowing with sanitary towels. Beds and pillows hard and uncomfortable. Very little to recommend aside from location. For the price, 24 pounds, the facilities are substandard in comparison to other hostels i have stayed in in the UK.

• 22nd Apr 2014
  • Argentina

Great, I had a good time.

Very friendly and effective staff =)

• 20th Apr 2014
  • Switzerland

Dorms are too cramped and there is no space to do anything except to climb on the beds.

Staff we're amazing, particularly Nat and Ewen, you guys made our few days in oxford so fun. The facilities are great, and everything is really clean! Couldn't have picked a better hostel to stay at, definitely recommend.

Absolutely loved my time here and in oxford! Great staff, great location and lots of fun people to meet. Would definitely recommend this hostel!

great hostel, very large rooms, beautiful building and delicious breakfast!

Standard, decent hostel: beds with comfortable mattresses but too short (bunkbeds) with pillows as substantial as a tissue, good clean hot showers, good clean toilets (if very cramped), good communal space. I liked the insistence on silence in/near the rooms after a certain time.

Good stay. Great computers. Can be a bit cramped sometimes.

It was a good place to stay. The locatio in so central. The staff is very good and they are really helpful.