Oxford Backpackers Hostel Reviews

9A Hythe Bridge Street, Oxford, England

Unconfortable rooms (withouth wall outlet beside of bed or private lights) and poor breakfst. Could be improved these questions.

Couldn't be happier with my stay!

Good hostel in a great area in Oxford. Close to everything, decent breakfast, good deals at bar, nice atmosphere.

Quite old hostel with lovely staff.

• 27th May 2014

Everything is fine except the noise from the street at night and the toilet door -- there is a gap even the door is closed and locked. That is quite embarrassing.

great atmosphere! meet a lot of friends at this hostel. nice location.

Overall, the hostel is nice and worth for stay. The staff are nice and helpful.

It looks a bit grungy from the outside but don't be scared (as my friend and I were). Great rooms, beds are far away from each other and definitely a good sleep. The showers were a bit gross but still manageable. Very accommodating staff at front desk :)

• 22nd May 2014

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. The decor was exquisitie and my mattress was the perfect level of sponginess. The staff were super helpful and ready to deal with any demand of mine with a big smile. Great fun atmosphere in the bar, and had a wild night in wahoo afterwards. Only hitch was I got a bit too drunk afterwards- lolz!

• 21st May 2014
  • Barbados

Fantastic, friendly staff. Natly runs a tight ship.

Another great stay at this hostel - I've stayed here 5 or 6 times, and will book again next time I need to be in Oxford. The staff were, as ever, friendly, helpful, and efficient when checking in/out. The room (1) was always kept clean, as were the female bathroom and the kitchen. Great stuff!

• 19th May 2014

Excellent time. Hostel has improved hugely since I stayed there in 2004. Staff very friendly and even invited my friend and I out with them. Great location too, right next to the nightlife.

Stayed in 18 bed dorm for 2 nights. Location is nice and close to the heart of the city, but next to nightclubs so it was noisy all night (and cigarette smoke filtered up into the room). Closing windows would have helped, but the room smelled so bad the smoke was preferable. Towel and linens were thankfully included! But breakfast was so disappointing we ate out. Employees had friends in late, playin pool and listening to loud music so couldn't hold a conversation. Bathroom always crowded.

• 16th May 2014

Quite a cramped hostel, with not much space in the rooms and possibly not enough showers for the number of people who were staying there. However it was entirely made up by the staff who were incredible and helpful and sociable and just generally lovely.

Would definitely find a different place to stay if in Oxford again. Definitely features a theme which caters to it being a youth hostel .... But would think youth these days are a bit more mature then the demographic they appear to be catering for. Had to dish out quite a bit of cash on arrival for security deposit/locker deposit.. So come prepared. Location was excellent with a 2 min walk from train and bus stations. Very noisy from street noise. Beds shook when the other person moved.

The hostel is clean, the staff was very kind and the location is excellent! Very close to the station and Oxford center.

Great staff, good common room, showers that work, free wifi, decent breakfast. Very good location.

Overall it was a good hostel but I seriously advice those guys to get a faster wi-fi and install routers in rooms too or at-least make sure there is internet connectivity in rooms as well. Nobody wants to come to common room just to use net.

• 11th May 2014
  • India

I stayed on the hostel for one night only. I liked the location, but I must say that I didn't feel as welcome as I expected to. The staff was a bit closed off, unfortunately. Maybe it was just a busy night. The hostel had great facilities though. A great common area, bar and pool.

• 9th May 2014
  • Denmark

Rude staff at check-in. Hostel was filthy, bedding was unchanged and stank. Entire place looked very tired weary and dirty. Only one bathroom for entire males on the hostel with cold water hot taps. Fight broke out in the room next door at 2am and spilled out into the corridor waking everyone up. The worst hostel I have ever stayed in but management do care as its Oxford and people keep coming through the doors. Stay away from this place. You were warned!!!

I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us. With regards to your linen, this is changed every day by housekeeping. Unfortunately another guest had broken rules, and had used your bed, as you noticed upon checking in. This was the changed by the receptionist on duty. We did have a group in at the time and unfortunately they were a bit loud, but this was handled by management at the time, and was no fighting in the hostel. We have a strict policy to ensure the safety of all our guests