Oxford Backpackers Hostel Reviews

9A Hythe Bridge Street, Oxford, England

I stayed one night here in April and had a great time. Staff was amazing - very friendly and helpful! Wifi was decent, showers were hot, breakfast was the typical underwhelming hostel continental. Very close to train station and city center.

Met expectations.

• 26th Apr 2014

Best hostel ever. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. Kitchen well equipped, great big common room, awesome that they have a pool table and a bar. Baie lekker. Highly recommend this place for students and backpackers.

• 24th Apr 2014
  • South Africa

Personnel is very friendly and helpful !

The atmosphere in this hostel was very good, but the rooms were incredibly cramped. There was very little storage for bags and the bathrooms were not cleaned. A staff member was drunk at 10am and ended up quitting halfway through the day. If you want somewhere friendly to hang out in Oxford, this place was great, but don't expect a quiet or comfy sleep.

Thanks for the feedback. We can only apologise for the staff member that morning, he is no longer with our hostel as we do not condone his behaviour. We hope to see you in the future. Regards, Oxford Backpackers Team.

Most amazing hostel staff I have encoutered thus far on my travels. Great lounge area and pub crawl to meet and make new friends! I would definitely come back to this backpackers location. The only issue I had in the 12 bed dorm was there was literally no space in the room besides the beds and I slept with my backpack on my bed.. but I can't say what the other rooms were like.

Toilets very poorly maintained - bins overflowing with sanitary towels. Beds and pillows hard and uncomfortable. Very little to recommend aside from location. For the price, 24 pounds, the facilities are substandard in comparison to other hostels i have stayed in in the UK.

• 22nd Apr 2014
  • Argentina

Great, I had a good time.

Very friendly and effective staff =)

• 20th Apr 2014
  • Switzerland

Dorms are too cramped and there is no space to do anything except to climb on the beds.

Staff we're amazing, particularly Nat and Ewen, you guys made our few days in oxford so fun. The facilities are great, and everything is really clean! Couldn't have picked a better hostel to stay at, definitely recommend.

Absolutely loved my time here and in oxford! Great staff, great location and lots of fun people to meet. Would definitely recommend this hostel!

great hostel, very large rooms, beautiful building and delicious breakfast!

Standard, decent hostel: beds with comfortable mattresses but too short (bunkbeds) with pillows as substantial as a tissue, good clean hot showers, good clean toilets (if very cramped), good communal space. I liked the insistence on silence in/near the rooms after a certain time.

Good stay. Great computers. Can be a bit cramped sometimes.

It was a good place to stay. The locatio in so central. The staff is very good and they are really helpful.

Very friendly and helpful staff.

• 8th Apr 2014

I really enjoyed my stay! The luggage room was really convenient for me because I was moving with a huge suitcase, and there were little lockers to keep my small stuff in too. Door codes didn't change while I was there, but because I could keep my stuff in a keyed locker that didn't bother me at all. Staff were great! So helpful and nice, huge step up from most hostel staff. Room was really clean. People were nice and considerate - no loud noise at night. Definitely recommend this hostel.

Good location, pretty close to the centre. The staff was friendly and helpful. However the room was quite cold and the bed had no personal bedlights or sockets.

There seemed to be a lot of rules, but the focus was on client safety so that's a good thing. They ran out of breakfast food and it wasn't even close to the end of breakfast time. My room was a mess! There were people's things all over the floor and in the walkway. Poor air circulation in the room with a lot of bodies in there making it smelly and hot at night.