Oxford Backpackers Hostel Reviews

9A Hythe Bridge Street, Oxford, England

I LOVED Oxford Backpackers! I ended up extending my stay. The staff are friendly, laundry service is available, free breakfast, clean sheets, never had a line in the bathroom, and the atmosphere is excellent, there are so many opportunities to meet people. The common area is great for solo or group travelers. Overall, I would definitely recommend this place and if I come back to Oxford, I'm staying here. Specifically Nat, Andrew, and Keelie helped make for a great trip!

nice hostel

If you are looking for a Menninger type hostel this is not for you. You have to realise it's a backpackers hostel. People have been living there for months because they are either enrolled in Uni and don't have any room in student dorms or working somewhere near by and it's one of the cheapest option available. Staff was really helpful. The only problem I had was with the number of toilets and their hygiene. Maybe hostel would like to work on it.

Has a bar but you can drink your own stuff when it's not open. No partition in the showers means a damp towel. Bicycle park 1 block away seems to tolerate several motorbikes. Tv is always going. Kitchen is great. Wifi works good. Breakfast is good.

I really liked staying at the hostel. I just think the bathroom could be a little cleaner. That is my only critic to the hostel. All the rest was great!

• 23rd Jun 2014

The staff served their customers as if it were their routine job. The overall lighting of the dormitory is too darkk, which is quite uncomfortable. The colors of walls inside the rooms are wierd. The vending machine does not work. The lounge feels crowdy.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Hostel has a kitchen which is fantastic, and they even took me out on a pub crawl Friday ! Great place

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » last »