Ozzie Pozzie Backpackers Port Macquarie YHA Reviews

36 Waugh st, Port Macquarie, Australia

Maybe the best hostel I have ever been! Firstable, everything is CLEAN!! Kitchen was nice and clean, there was space in fridge. Room was very good, own bathroom was new and clean. Staff was awesome, sunrise surfing great fun! Overall the whole hostel was beautiful and nicely decorated. I can highly recommend this place!!!

• 31st Jan 2015
  • Finland

The facilities at this hostel are really nice, especially the open air lounge area around the pool. I usually try to avoid YHA / HI, and unfortunately I was reminded why here. The room smelled AWFUL and I was bitten by fleas. Yes, that's right fleas!!!.

Awesome place! Would highly recommend this hostel to anyone traveling the East coast! Ridiculously friendly staff, and fabulous facilities. We stayed in a private double room and the mattress was better than my bed at home! Sunrise surfing Is a must, cheap and fun. Kitchen facilities are brilliant and very clean, making it easy to cook up a storm. The location is perfect, a five minute walk from the town and beach with lovely bars, cafe's and resteraunts. The hostel pool is a bonus! Loved it!!

• 27th Nov 2014
  • Wales

Had a great time here.. Staff great, facilities awesome (loved the TV and games room). Downsides were paying for WiFi (expensive too!) And my bed stank as if the sheets hadn't been changed so I had to move. The new bed was clean and comfy though. Need a few more plug sockets/ extension cable in room as only two in awkward positions. Overall, pretty decent.

This is bar far the nicest hostel i've stayed in in Australia to date! I am travelling on my own and stayed in a 6 bed female dorm with en suite bathroom, highly recommend! it was clean, spacious and has great colourful decor! The hostel is quite small so has that 'family' vibe, I met some lovely people who I spent time cooking with, chilling by the pool and we all went surfing and kayaking together which was organised through the hostel. Only place to stay in Port Macquarie I say! :)

Best hostel ever!! Great location, atmosphere is really relaxed. Staff is really nice, everything is really clean. They clean the rooms, bathrooms and kitchen every day. Loved the hammocks by the pool. And cheeky the bird is really cute. Sunrise surfing with Richard was really nice, we saw dolphins while surfing. There is absolutely nothing negative about this hostel.

Friendly and helpful staff. Didn't expect the aviaries etc but they were nice and it was nice to meet Cheeky the bird. The pool looked clean and inviting. The only thing I would say was that I was the only girl in an otherwise all male (and quite a lot older too) room. This made me feel a little uncomfortable. Too much choice of VCR and far too few DVDs. Really lovely place overall though :)

Convenient location, only 10 min walk to shopping area.

View all Port Macquarie Hostels