P.LOFT Youth Hostel Reviews

No.29 Paoju tou tiao, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

Lots of dorms, lots of Chinese guests (I don't know about English speaking staff, wasn't a problem for us). They don't really check hostel world, though - the dorm room we had initially booked wasn't available because they hadn't checked, although they gave us a slight discount the next night because of it, which was nice. Stayed in a private room the next night (238/room, I think) which was pretty nice and worth the extra money. I suggest calling them directly (北京炮局工厂青年旅舍:+86 0106407218

The staff weren't very friendly. They were brusque and business-like, not really what one looks for in a hostel. The toilets were OK but not so clean. I'm not sure I believe the claim, as seen on a number of signs, that the bathrooms are cleaned every two hours. They weren't horrific, just not great. I did like some of the greenery and aesthetically it's quite nice. The local area is also quite cool. Beijing hutong (traditional neighbourhood). There's a wonderful couple nearby that sell baozi.

the staffs are not nice!