P.LOFT Youth Hostel Reviews

No.29 Paoju tou tiao, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

Hey, I liked the location of the hostel (close to the Lama-Temple, many little restaurants and a nice Hutong area). I aso liked the staff at the reception. However, I did not enjoy my stay in this hostel. My bathroom was just disgusting. It smelled moldy. There were long, black hairs on the floor, the toilet seat and next to the sink, so I did not know where to put my clothes during the shower. Also, the floor was wet because the old water had not drained off.

• 24th Aug 2014

Very nice place to stay. Near to the metro and many locals with small shops around. They even upgraded our room for free as there were none of the ones we had booked available.

no one speaks English an may help. The promised Internet-access does not exist

• 20th Aug 2014

Good place. Mainly chinese tourists giving a good chance to chat with young Chinese. Away from main tourist sights but easy on subway(4min walk). Quiet and NOT a 'party' hostel. Cheap for Beijing.

Felt the dorm I was put in (4-bed, female) was grotty. The bathroom was absolutely unspeakable, looked like it hadn't been mopped in ages. In the room itself, the beds were hard but fine, however the light was anemic and felt more like a prison cell than a welcoming room. Concrete floors, dusty walls, cobwebs. The common room lacked atmosphere and was also a bit grubby. Didn't even feel like sitting there for a beer. Really wouldn't stay again.

The rooms need to be fixed and cleaned up, some paint maybe? A more thorough cleaning of the common facilities (toilets, showers) would help a lot. IT would be great if the staff (part of them at least) could stop screaming at those dogs all the time. The dogs aren´t a problem, just the dog-obsessed people who scream all day long.

• 27th Apr 2014