P.LOFT Youth Hostel Reviews

No.29 Paoju tou tiao, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

Not the best hostel I stayed at. No communal computers, the facilities were mediocre and it is difficult to find. I gave the staff my confirmation number and pointed to the hostelworld clock to explain how I did my booking, they had a very hard time figuring out what to do with me. I would have had a better experience if I was a smart traveler with a device that can pick up wifi and if I spoke more chinese, so admittedly this bad review is partly my own fault.

• 30th Sep 2013

Very bad experience. We booked two beds in 8 bed mixed dorm ensuite but got one bed in 8 bed men's dorm ensuite and one in 8 bed women's dorm with shared bathroom. Dorms were dirty and smelly. Only curtain divides male dorm from bathroom. Only food was quite good. You can find much better place to stay with similar price.

• 16th Aug 2013
  • Czech Republic

Rates for 4 bed women dorm VERY GOOD. Coffee is great! location was good for me, and I like the hutong hostels. The bathroom was not clean though and the one sitting toilet was stopped up every time. need a little improvement there and also, only 3 showers and not clean at all. Can learn from the Ming Courtyard folks about their clean showers and WC's. Overall I like P.LOFTS and will definitely come back. I also like that there were lots of Chinese folks there.

• 10th Aug 2013

Thank you for teaching me how to get to the church!

• 8th Aug 2013
  • Japan

The style of the hostel is interesting but it's not as well kept as other hostels I've stayed at in china, Beijing, shanghai, Qingdao, etc.

• 24th Jul 2013

No AC in twin room (despite some dorms having it). As such wouldn't recommend for summer stays.