PILOT Design Hostel & Bar Reviews

Largo Alberto Pimentel, 11, Porto, Portugal

The Staff is very friendly and helpful, always ready to offer help. Once I booked the accommodation, Vanessa e-mailed me about how to get there from the airport, very clear instruction. she also helped us plan our trip in the morning. Besides, the hostel is clean and warm... and the showers ARE AMAZING!

• 8th Jan 2014
  • New Zealand

Is the best hostel I've been: well located, modern, great breakfast, equiped kitchen, good wifi signal, cleen, good service... just perfect.

The staff were helpful and welcoming when we arrived and had no problem telling us directions and sorting out bus shuttles to the airport. We stored our luggage safely when we arrived as we were a bit early for check in and then got given all the information about the hostel. The rooms were nice and clean and there were good facilities such as bathrooms, breakfast, laundry and various events going on. Would definitely stay here again! :)

• 8th Dec 2013
  • Portugal

The atmosphere was great, it was really easy to meet people and the staff were very helpful. The location was also very good - we had a great time.

Very clean,nice stuff,we can use enough shower room and adapters. And free coffee and tea. I think it is good hostel.

Unfortunately when we arrived, there weren't any Lockers available.

Wasn't blown away by this hostel. The beds, rooms, bathrooms and bar were all clean and great, but it was really lacking atmosphere. Might have just been because it was off-season.

Great staff ( big up Vanessa ), good facilities (chill out room ) but small rooms though.

I really enjoyed M&J. The staff made us feel so welcome were really helpful.

• 13th Nov 2013
  • Vietnam

Very, very small lockers, located in corner of very,very small room, so when others people have things in room it's almost impossible to get to them. No soap in soap-machine in bathroom. Staff didn't show us where is our room and where are the toilets. False signatures in bathroom (in one moment it was cleaned last time few hours ago, 5 minutes later are the signatures are fine and there are even some for the hours that didn't come yet...). Bad breakfast-everything very sweet &bad tea.

Excellent hostel! The best I ever had. Great breakfast. Clean bedroom and toilets. Thanks!

I liked this hostel very much! Especially the wristband which serves as a key. The place is run a young guy and a girl who try to improve everything as much as they can. And don't miss the free shots at 10pm ;)

Pretty good hostel, the bar is great and the staff are helpful and friendly. Only issue is some rooms are a bit cramped.

The rooms are super comfortable, the staff very kind, the room is nice and the hostel is located in the historical center of the port. I had a great time, super recommend.

• 30th Oct 2013

Yes this hostel is good as it has everything you need at a good price, only thing I don't like is the 10 euro key deposit.

Wonderful, energetic, and friendly staff! They did a very good job of making everyone feel welcome and the atmosphere was one where everyone felt comfortable with each other. Free Wifi is always nice, sometimes it only worked in certain areas but the connection was good. Beds were quite comfortable, bathrooms clean and even have 1 personal bathroom and shower if you want. Walking distance to all Porto has to offer. Would definitely stay again!

My friends and I had an incredible stay at the Pilot Hostel!! The hostel is very centrally located, the farthest we had to walk was about 20 min. The staff was incredibly helpful, pointing out the easiest way to get to places in the city and recommmended wine tastings across the river. The room was neat and clean, as were the bathrooms which was great to come back to after a long day wandering around the city. None of us would hesitate in coming back to stay, amazing value for so little!

It was a little hard to find this hostel, but it's nice place.

pretty cool!! the atmosphere is really amazing and the location is great! the staff are very very very hilarious =)

• 18th Oct 2013