PILOT Design Hostel & Bar Reviews

Largo Alberto Pimentel, 11, Porto, Portugal

It would be good to have some lockers in the dorms - even just a padlock to add to each storage space. Otherwise all good, thanks - n ice, helpful staff and great value for money! Would go back.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Hey ! Thank you for the kind words about our hostel, amenities, and friendly staff. We are glad to hear you liked our property, and enjoyed your visit with us.We gladly listen to all comments both positive and constructive in order to improve our guests experience. Please contact us if you would like to stay with us again in the future as we always look forward to welcoming our guests for a return visit. Obrigada for taking the time to share your lovely review.

hot water in the shower is quite a problem. you have to pay to store your luggage. but the rest is just amazing!

Many ants, dim lighting eveywhere, loud music until late into the morning/night, and someone stole my clothes. Thank goodness I put the rest of my stuff in a locker with a lock the hostel didn't provide. The staff wad really helpful and sweet, however. The outdoor terrace was nice as well.

Hey!Your experience regarding the noise has been shared with our Hostel Management. We gladly listen to all comments both positive and constructive in order to improve our guests experience. Our 24hour reception is available and prepared to help our guests with any request. We ask our guests to come to our 24hour bar to socialize and party anytime of day and night and to respect the quiet atmosphere in the rooms during the night. Next time just come and tell us someone is misbehaving!

good location and nice staff, but check was a little bit slowly, and too much mosquitos in 8beds room, others all good^^

Hey ! We were sorry to learn about your experiences at our reception. They normally do a fantastic job. Your comments have been shared with their manager for her immediate attention. Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review our hostel. We are always glad to hear that our friendly and safe hostel helped make your experience in Porto memorable. On behalf of the hostel, we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Porto was really hot and it was on the top of the hill (almost) , if you want to see the river and go tour cor wine , you have to walk down over 10 mons and should go up over 10min to back to hostel. There was no air conditioning system , just ine electronic fan in 8 bed dorm. I couldn't use wi-fi in my room cuz signal was too weak, and suddenly it didn't work even in the lobby. They said there is problem so they called to fix it but it continued for 2 days . Made me extremely inconvenient

Hey! We were sorry to learn about your experiences with the internet connection. We usually provide internet access in both common areas and rooms. Also there is a desktop connected to internet that can be used by guests anytime for free. Moreover, we have already installed air conditioning. On behalf of the hostel, we thank you for staying with us, and for sharing your feedback.

super friendly staff

Had a good time will recommend

한국 22살 여성이구요^^! 역시 호스텔의 천국 포루투갈이라는 수식어가 틀리지 않더군요. 친절한 스텝, 좋은 위치, 합리적인 가격 꼭!다시 가고싶은 호스텔입니다^^! 제일 맘에 들었던 부분은 흔들리지 않고 잘 고정된 2층침대와 누뗄라 잼을 비롯한 풍족한 조식이었습니다.

The hostel is in great shape for that price and the location is nice.

Hey ! Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review our hostel. On behalf of the hostel, we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

The best hostel I´ve ever stayed ever!!! Nice place, comfortable and clean. Amazing!!!

Everything was great, awesome hostel and awesome people. I recommend it to all who seek good company and entertaintment. Only little thing I'd slightly improve is the illumination system of the bathrooms.

Hey ! Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review our hostel. We are always glad to hear that our friendly and safe hostel helped make your experience in Porto memorable. On behalf of the hostel, we look forward to welcoming you again in the future. PILOT Design Hostel & Bar Crew

I have been at the hostel at his starting days 2 years ago and loved it, now I came back for it after 2 years. And I have to stay the hostel have upgrade itself in so many ways the staff was amazing and helpful the facilities and the cleanliness are on top level! Special thanks to: Flavia , Anabela , Daniela and of course the owners who where amazing the whole time of my stay p.s I was suppose to stay for 2 night stayed 6 :) Henry.

Best hostel! Nice place, nice people, and the staff is amazing! The atmosphere is great and it's very easy to make new friends. There are many places to have fun close to the hostel (go to the pub crawl!) and it's close to the metro station. If I visit Porto again someday, I'll surely stay there again! Thanks for everything, guys! :)

• 7th Jul 2014

Hey ! Thank you for staying with us, and for sharing your lovely review of our hostel. We are glad to learn you had an exceptional time with us and had the opportunity to try our homemade lunch/dinner. The music, ambience, free shots, and tasty Portuguese cuisine create unforgettable experiences, and we are proud to have them on our property. We hope to welcome you again in the future- obrigada! PILOT Design Hostel & Bar Crew

Two words, INSTANT COFFEE!!! Who does that in this day and age? Travelers need actual coffee not some Nestle instant coffee. Aside from that abomination it was a very average hostel experience. The daytime employees were great, but some of the night employees were rude. Small things like soggy toilet paper detracted from my stay here. If I'm ever in Porto again I would look for a different hostel.

Hey ! We were sorry to learn about your experiences with the staff.They normally do a fantastic job sharing information with guests and it looks like this time something went surprisingly wrong. Your comments have been shared with their manager for her immediate attention.We were sorry to hear you did not like our coffee and tea that we offer for free every day to our guests to enjoy and socialize on our lounge or terrace every. Thank you for reviewing our hostel and staying with us! Obrigada

This is a good hostel to stay at if you want to meet other travelers. They threw out some personal items I had left on my bed and told another girl to sleep in my bed... some staff where apologetic, another staff member was pretty rude. Cold showers most of the time. Good location maybe 5 minutes walk to the center of town.

Hey! Thank you for taking the time to review our hostel. We are sorry to hear about your experience with the personal items.We have a Lost&Found box were guests are invited to search for their missing items. We have already upgraded our hot water system in order to avoid such unpleasant moments. We honestly appreciate you calling our attention for this unfortunate and rare events and hope you will give us an opportunity to excel ourselves welcoming you another time! Obrigada

very good acomodation,nice and young people there

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Greece

The Staff is really friendly and helpful, they even suggest a tour around the city and what you have learnt of it. They're always willing to help with anything and if your by your own, they invite con share with them and the other guests. The atmosphere is amazing and the staff is constantly doing thing to have a great time, like giving free shots at 10PM. One thing they can improve is the wifi, that wasn't able at my room, so I needed to go to another places to reach the signal. I'll return!

Hey ! Thank you for the kind words about our hostel, amenities, and friendly staff. We are glad to hear you liked our property, and enjoyed your visit with us. Please contact us if you would like to stay with us again in the future as we always look forward to welcoming our guests for a return visit. Obrigada for taking the time to share your lovely review. PILOT Design Hostel & Bar Crew

It was an absolutely lovely place and would definitely recommend it to my mates.

• 29th Jun 2014

Pilot hostel was awesome!! Took us a few wrong turns to find it from the station , but eventually we got there. Staff was very friendly and there were free drinks with everything!! We went on the barcrawl, which was great value and great fun. Excellent atmosphere and great accommodation. Very close to many sights and can walk to the river from the hostel. Also, you must try Sin Sandwiches which is down the street from the hostel, delicious!!!!

Hey ! Thank you for staying with us, and for sharing your lovely review of our hostel. I am glad to learn you had an exceptional time with us and had the opportunity to try our homemade dinner. The music, ambience, free shots, and tasty Portuguese cuisine create unforgettable experiences, and we are proud to have them on our property. We hope to welcome you again in the future- obrigada!

greatest showers ever

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Belgium

Hey ! Thank you for the kind words about our hostel and amenities. We are glad to hear you liked our property, and enjoyed your visit with us. Please contact us if you would like to stay with us again in the future as we always look forward to welcoming our guests for a return visit.