PLUS Berlin Reviews

Warschauerplatz 6-8, Berlin, Germany

They replace the towels every day even we were staying for 5 nights. Being environmental friendly, I hope they'll replace them on guests' request.

Stayed at Plus Florence 6 years ago so I knew this would be a good hostel. Everything about this place is excellent a part from the breakfast. 3 transport links at your doorstep and the private rooms are huge with a lovely, clean, modern en suite. Staff are friendly and helpful. The maps they provide were better than my lonely planet pull out map. The building itself is very interesting so worth a stay just for that.

Surprised to find it was actually a hostel/hotel! This made my stay in Berlin even more pleasant, as I didn't know how nice the rooms were. Note: I got a private double ensuite room, but it rivaled against any hotel I've been to! Plenty of facilities and services, from working Wifi to printing and laundry! Not to mention the extra services like breakfast or airport shuttle services! Fairly close to the tram (5 min.) and train (8 min.) stations, so getting around is convenient. Returning for sure

Pros: Astonishingly good value. It has a pool and sauna, which I've never seen in a hostel before. Very spacious throughout, with great decor and cool art everywhere. Cons: Probably a money-laundering operation of some kind. I can't think of any other way they can charge as little as they do for what they provide.

The only point is that kitchen is missing =(

• 11th May 2014
  • Czech Republic

More of a hotel than a hostel. If you are looking for a meaningful travel experience that is typical of a hostel experience, look elsewhere. Difficult to meet people as it is so large and impersonal. However, the front desk staff were wonderfully helpful and the location, cleanliness and cleanliness were all superb!

Awesome hostel! One of the best I've ever stayed! Great location, great staff, nice rooms. I could experience Berlin at maximum staying at PLUS!

I simply loved the place.

One of the nicest and biggest hostels I've stayed in, but there needs to be more client based excursions and activities because the size makes it difficult to meet fellow travelers outside of your dorm. Comfortable bunks, good locker size, 2 WC in my dorm of ample size, clean, helpful staff. Common area closes early 10pm, no self kitchen, wifi only works decently in reception and common area. I would stay here again, no question. Overall tops.

I thought that the water pressure was a god send, but I did end up getting some in my ears and it caused them to be blocked. Only complaint I have is that we had people talking and howling under our window at all hours when they were coming back from a night out or were out for a smoke as our room faced onto the ground level of the road.

• 9th May 2014

It was one of the nicest hostel I've been to...

• 9th May 2014
  • Montenegro

Amazing hostel really nice clean rooms, great location. Not in the centre of town but right next to a party area and an s-barn and u-barn and tram station and heaps of great and cheap restaurants ! Also upgraded my friends into an amazing room for free. And when our food was a Little slow in the restaurant they gave us lots of free alcohol to accommodate!

Awesome hostel that is more like a hotel. They had a really good atmosphere and common areas for lounging around. They provide you with fresh comfortable bed, free towels and free wifi. There is a great buffet breakfast for extra fee but worth it. Also, it's a good location close to the train station and East Side Gallery. Staff was always very friendly and helpful in answering questions too. Bonuses are pool, sauna and 24hr laundry room (good price for use of machines).

The rooms at PLUS Berlin were fairly nice, clean, and quiet. Strong wifi and free computer use. The location is wonderful, just a few minutes from the U-bahn/S-bahn and the Berlin Wall/East Side Gallery. The hostel has a fun vibe but it's hard to meet people as the hostel is fairly large and most people seemed to be travelling in groups; as the "common area" is really more of a lobby, there's no real place to hang out and talk to people.

Recommended 100%. Great location, multiple restaurants and activities/monuments in the surrounding areas, you can always ask info to the receptionists, extreamly kind staff. Close to the U and S Bahn, also bus and tram. The hostel has staff working during the night, which makes you feel safer. Even though it´s a safe neighbourhood. Different areas where you can relax. Big lobby, beautiful restaurant with fair prices, beach area and a games room. If we come back to Berlin, this is our place. :)

• 6th May 2014
  • Ecuador

The best hostel i have ever visited. Its a hotel five stars.

• 6th May 2014

A truly massive place that seems to attract mostly groups and families. It is a vibrant hostel yet not the ideal place for individual travellers. Although the rooms are somewhat noisy and the WiFi-connection is intermittent most of the time, the genuinely friendly staff, the great location and the absolutely astonishing amenities make up for that. Overall, I think the Plus Hostel offers an excellent value for money.

The place is beautifull, but so big that it is rather unpersonel. The inner garden is beautifull, thanks to the ,,artist in residence".

Probably my new favorite in Berlin. It's in a large building with an impressive facade, and entering through the large doors and seeing the large lobby, one could wonder if that's the right place. I was staying in a large 6 beds rooms, with a spacious own bathroom. Swimming pool and a sauna - wow. But the thing that convinced me to go again is the staff members I met, friendly, cheerful and helpful. These people are the highest value, their smiles do not seem to come from customer care training.

Great place to stay! They were so friendly and even upgraded us to a private room when we asked for a hostel! They were really friendly when we asked for directions and even had a swimming pool!

• 5th May 2014