PLUS Camping Jolly Reviews

Via G. de Marchi, 7, 30175 Marghera, Venice, Italy

Staff wasn't very friendly but were able to accommodate a move from a tent to a bungalow for me. Difficult to meet people because I was travelling alone and there weren't always people my age around to meet (lots of families and groups). The bungalow shook at night which made it hard to sleep. Honestly though, for the price I would stay there again.

The directions to get to this place are horrible. Its also far away from the city. They do have a store here and a restaurant which is fairly priced. But they are closed at odd hours. There is only one bathroom and shower area, there really should be more. Also the tents are extremely hot and bring bug spray. They also need to fix the dryers. Its already expensive to wash clothes and the drys don't work well so it cost even more.

Loved the hostel, but hated how far you had to get to it. But it wasn't that bad, just be prepared for some commute time

You do NOT get the free ride on the shuttle that is advertised. Everything else was good. The pool was great for a relaxing afternoon dip.

Very nice hostel. Tent and bathroom were very clean. The atmosphere was good and I met a lot of people. Downsides are that it can be a bit noisy in the tent from other people, but not a big deal. Also, no lockers in tents. Location is a bit far from the bus stop, but for the money it's excellent.

Great facilities, staff greeted me with a smile and were able to answere all my questions, although they could use a few more staff behind the desk in the afternoon when people are checking in. Otherwise cool place for the price!

• 26th Jun 2015

DO NOT BACKPACK HERE. The location is awful as much further out of Venice and Mestre than explained, no bus goes there and it's a long walk from the closest stop. For some wild reason the 'regular' shuttle buses don't run between 11-4????? I mean so you either have to get up and be ready for the bus at 11 or make your own way to the other bus stop miles away?? Staff members are also very rude .

I traveled with a large group and we LOVED this place.don't use the shuttle for the hostel because it costs 5 euro to get "into the city" and back but it takes you to an island is outside of the city and then you have to pay to use the "people mover" to get to Venice-walk to the bus stop (10 mins away) and use it to get all the way into town for the price of the people mover (1.30. We stayed in tents and they were great, they had an outlet so that was good and they lock.The pool is great too!

The cabin's were lovely however, it lacked certain little things such like cups or even providing you with a place to get ice to keep even your water warm! The bar even refused to give us a cup of ice! Other than, it was a good place to stay.

To get here was a big pain in the neck. The bus drivers aren't very helpful trying to find the one stop on the #6. Some of the staff were very helpful where the other half seemed bothered when we had a question. People barging in the rooms early in the morning was very aggravating as well, no knocking. My main concern was this place was that I woke up with bites all over me. I was in a cabin and checked the mattress after, there were tell tale signs of beds. Buyer beware.

Directions to get to hostel are a little vague/inaccurate. More public areas to eat as drink would be nice.

• 24th Jun 2015

beatiful camping, the bus is expensive and it doesnt go to venice center

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Spain

You need a camp kitchen also your night time guy was crazy. We were just talking in our tents and he was going crazy saying he would call the police and starting hitting our tents me and my friend where going to leave at night we were honestly scared how ridiculous he was acting from just talking. He could have just said be quiet and that's all he just went so angry for no reason. He was the dark skin guy too and made us feel very uncomfortable how angry he approached us 2 girls.

The door to the bungalow didn't lock properly and the whole room was filled with ants. The staff usually rolled their eyes at any questions that were asked or just completely ignored you. It is also far out of Venice and the shuttle only takes you part way even though you pay for "all the way to Venice".

Decent facilities, very good price and not too inconvenient location.

This is a very nice campsite, however it had several issues for people staying in the tents. First off, the market they have on site has a poor selection of food and pretty high prices. Secondly, there is no place to cook food so even if you do buy dinner at the market you can't cook it. And lastly, their transportation is confusing. Only the airport shuttle is free, their bus to town costs money and is more expensive than public transport and doesn't even get you all the way to town.

Stayed for 1 night as a recommended property when we arrived in with Busabout. Stayed in a 3 bed shared tent, good amount of space for three people. Staff were very friendly & helpful. Good walk/bus into Venice Island. Had a great time, back in a few days and excited for a sunny day to use the pool.

The staff lacks skills in customer service, they just do not care. Instead of helping you in the best way possible they seem to have been trained to focus on extra sales. They insisted on recommending their own transport service to the airport even knowing that a taxi would be cheaper. Good thing I checked the facts and called a taxi on my own (no help there either). Such a cheat!

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Finland

Outside of Venice but that's the way to go to save. Cool pool, cafe, and market. The room was clean! No big complaints. Take the city bus 6 instead of the hostel bus because it's cheaper and just as fast! The staff were mixed..meaning some really nice and some kind of rude. But that's not a big deal. Great option to stay while in Venice. Good place to make friends too!

God awful staff. Y door didn't work and they switch rooms for me and forgot so my passport was under the old room and he didn't want to return it to me since they filed it wrong. No help about Venice sights or the map. The shuttle bus is a waste of money.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7