PLUS Camping Jolly Reviews

Via G. de Marchi, 7, 30175 Marghera, Venice, Italy

Our stay at camping jolly was amazing. This was our first time at camping village and I hope to return many times. Only negative is its location. We had to walk for a while twice a day which was tiring after walking so long in Venice. Overall very good facilities and couldn't expect much better stay for the value we paid.

• 15th Dec 2014
  • India

Great facilities: bar, market (though this I never saw open while I stayed there), pool (then again it was winter), laundry room. NOTES: -Please follow their website instructions to getting there if you're on foot because otherwise it will take you three hours and some probably illegal hiking to get there. -Internet is a little spotty but okay. -The bar food prices are on a little bit cheaper than Venice but way expensive for mainland. Food is great though. -You can get a free Venice map he

Sweet place to stay, we have loved all of the PLUS hostels we've stayed in. Awesome value for money and really helpful and friendly staff :-)

This was a good hostel to stay at. You get what you pay for here so don't expect anything extra. The restaurant was amazing! I went there each night to have supper. You room is small but you only share with two other people, when I stayed I only shared with one other person and got the room all to myself for 3 nights. It's very far from the island but it's not that bad if you don't mind walking 15 minutes to the bus stop. The wifi was pretty bad in the rooms though so that wasn't very good.

It's definitely a cheap option but the location is not great. You need to catch an inexpensive bus into town. The walk from the bus station to the camp is a little daunting if you are alone late at night. You have to cross an isolated park and then through am underground pass. I had no problems but probably wouldn't recommend it for female solo travellers. WProbably not an issue during high season.

The hostel was very clean and spacious. My brother and I had a whole camper to ourselves. There was hot water and heater (when we learned how to work it). Overall, I would reccomend. The only negative thing is it's about a 40m walk to the train station; so, it ends up being a little less than an hour commute to the main island of Venice.

It's really out of the way to all the hotspots in Venice, but I enjoyed my one night there. Far superior to most hostels I've been to. I also roomed with a very nice humanitarian worker who was great to talk to. If you want to get to the island of Venice, this place isn't for you. For a few nights rest, it's a great place.

This hostel was different, it was cool though because it was a campsite. It was a little walk from the nearest bus stop, probably like 15 minutes. There isn't much around the campsite which wasn't great. The actual rooms were okay, but smelled like mildew, it was very moist in the room. Hot showers and running water was great! Wifi was okay throughout the campsite. Great value for money if you don't mind roughing it out for a couple days.

Nice place! The bar and surroindings are really nice. The only bad thing is that it's too far away from Venice and the staff is not that friendly

During the off season there is no shuttle which makes going to and from Venice a bit of a challenge. It's nice because you only share a room with max 2 other people and have your own bathroom area, as long as you are not planning on being up early or out late. Overall very mediocre

Well to this price, the value you get is inside. We stayed at a private camp house for the price of a 16 mixed bed hostels. Besides, in Venice hotels are so expensive and if u are going as a couple, just go here. The camps side is pretty nice and it is just 15 minutes from the city center, with a one direct bus. Other than that staff was so helpful. Totally a great hostel.

We had no hot water which was frustrating. The restaurant is fantastic value for money.

I liked the view with pool and minishop and bar/restaurant. It gave me the sensation of being on a real vacation, instead in caribbean.

It was definitely worth the money. We got a 4 bed-room cabin and it was spacious and equipped with everything we needed. The actual campsite was a bit out of the way and far from the main attractions of Venice but other than that, it was a great place to stay at for a few days.

A bit of a trek into Venice's main island on the city bus, but worth it for the price. The trailers were pretty clean with lots of storage. I was in one with a private bathroom. The toilet a bit leaky but I didn't stay long enough that it really was a bother. No lockers in the room, but lock boxes available for a small price in the lobby. Nice market, bar, and restaurant too.

It's all pretty good after all. The only part is the location. If you are traveling with a big backpack , and you have to walk for like 20 mins to get to the hostel, by the time you get there you don't really wanna go out anymore.

• 29th Oct 2014
  • Taiwan

The rooms were not clean and the heating was not working when it was 5 degrees at night it was horrible.

• 28th Oct 2014

We were not aware that you had to book the shuttle into Venice beforehand. In addition having to pay for those spots on the shuttle seems like a bit of a drag.

• 27th Oct 2014

Veey good stay, highly reccomend.

Overall, we were satisfied with our stay. The location is pretty far from Venice, but there were bus resources, so it worked out fine. One thing I did notice was that the website did not say anything about check-in time, so we designated 11pm. However, when we got to the campsite, the staff told us that they were already closed and that we'd need to check in in the morning, and one staff member was pretty rude about it. Everyone else was very nice, but desk closing time needs to be advertised.

• 26th Oct 2014