PLUS Camping Jolly Reviews

Via G. de Marchi, 7, 30175 Marghera, Venice, Italy

So far from the island and from the bus stop. We spent every day around 15 minutes walking from the bus stop to the hostel. When we arrive at 23:00 I didn't fell safety walking to the hostel. The security from Senegal was really friendly with us. However, the staff on the second and third day were so bad. At the first time, they refuse to give us plates and spoon made of plastic. After asking a lot for this, the lady gave us some plates but she was unsatisfied. I don't know why!

I liked this place, it's basically a camping ground located near a school, you can watch adorable schoolchildren play soccer as you walk past! Some downsides are that it's far from public transportation (15min walk to nearest bus station that goes to the island at Venice; no free shuttle service as advertised), and the rooms are very poorly insulated so make sure you bring a sleeping bag in colder months. Also, the room itself didn't seem very secure for valuables such as laptops, so beware..

The staffs are very rude and the wather of shower doesnt works. But the price of hostel are ok.

fix the wifi please

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Indonesia

Nice place to stay. The only problem is commuting to Venice and return to the campus. There should be more frequent buses to Piazzale Roma.

Too far from everything. Staff didn't give any suggestions for tourists.

Very good value for money, although the staff weren't very helpful when we asked for a blanket as the room had only been prepared for two people instead of three. We had to ask at least 5 times before we received one, on the day after we first asked. Otherwise, a good hostel.

Internet (WiFi) connection is terrible. Makes it really hard for travellers to communicate with their families back home.

The hostel is far from Venice, and you will need to walk about 15min to reach the bus stop to Venice, and about 40min walking from Venice Mestre Station. The staff was ok, I was planning to wash clothes there, but there was no change, so I could not. The hostel actually doesn't have shuttle to city centre neither the market as announced and its website. The rooms are ok, confortable and the hostel is safe.

PLUS Camping was really fun, and a nice location considering how hard it is to stay in Venice. However, they advertise a free shuttle to Venice and we were told that was not available to us. The bus is easy enough (and cheap enough) to use, just prepare for that if you stay here.

• 26th Mar 2015
  • amvancleef

This hostel was so fun to stay in! The bungalows were a different experience and they were very nice- the showers and the heat worked well! Also the staff was extremely friendly!

• 26th Mar 2015

Enjoyed our stay. However this website did not state the pool and shuttle bus was out of season and not in service. This meant the location was quite out of the way, and a dark tunnel led to the campsite which made us feel unsafe to return to the campsite late at night.

There should be a common TV room if not in rooms, where people can sit and watch tv together. The jacuzzi facility should be open, i can understand swimming pool was closed because of winters, but jacuzzi could have been opened. The restraunt should have some variety of vegetarian dishes as well. Overall its a good facility. The shuttle service should be also made available from March itself.

• 12th Mar 2015
  • India

Only stayed one night, but it was a nice camp, not so far from the center of Venice. The staff was friendly and the rooms were really clean.The only problem was that there were no hot water in the showers.

Hostels on Mestre (island) were pricey 30E+ a night and that wasn't in my budget, so I went with Jolly. It is cheap because of the location, be warned the directions on the website SUCK, especially if you are arriving late, I spent 2 hours walking around alone in the dark in tears, finally found it about 2 am, so a taxi may be a safer bet. We were there for 4 days and no one ever took out the trash, brought toilet paper, etc. The room was great for 9E a night.

Vending machines were broke, no heat in the room.

Our traveling was hectic and we had time to check how to get to the hotel on internet. But, I called the afternoon of our arrival and spoke with apparently an Italian guy, who told me the bus line and stop name, then he said, the hotel should be right away. This was completely wrong, we were misguided and, after walking for several kms. and asking around, I called and a person with NO English whatsoever and really bad Italian answered. He did not helped us at all, the same deal in checkout, bad.

Very far away from the main island. No lockers in the actual room, which was a big concern of mine. Staff wasn't very pleasant and made me feel like an idiot when I asked questions. Plus side was the facilities were okay. Bathrooms were nice, but the rooms smelled weird. Street lights weren't working and it was dark when I got there and very difficult to find my room in the dark. This place being recommended by hostelworld makes me question their judgement a little... Super unfortunate.

It's very cold during the night. The heating system doesn't work well. Far away from Venice. When i stayed there wasn't a good vibe. All in all a decent choice for the price though since Venice is so expensive.

A very comfortable and pleasant place to stay. All the staff were really helpful and friendly. Offers great value for money across the site. Will be recommending Camping Jolly Venice and will be back for a longer stay.

• 17th Feb 2015