PLUS Camping Jolly Reviews

Via G. de Marchi, 7, 30175 Marghera, Venice, Veneto, Italy

Good place to stay and party! Is a bit far from actual venice but you can take a bus or the shuttle bus that they provide. They said they have a airport transfer but they dont, which was annoying because we had to pay 45€ for a taxi. The rrstaurant and bar are not expensive and the bungalows are fine, only a bit cold but they provide plenty of blankets

Lockers only available at reception for 1€ a day. Must provide own lock. Terrible location (about 1km away from the nearest direct bus to Venice, which takes 20min). Hope you don't mind walking. Super helpful staff. My dorm was clean, but the heater didn't work (stayed in early March) so it was pretty cold at night. Very touchy hot water in shower. Free soap and shampoo, though. Also shuttle to Venice only operates during high season. All in all, for the price, I would stay again.

Staff in hostel -helpful. They have computers for customers. Its nice. But locations I think its not OK to go in the evening alone. There was shuttle, but I think it was quite expensive-2,5 Eur +1.3 for train to get this shuttle, so 7.6 to both way. So better to take hostel in the center of Venice. In my room 81 doesn't properly work hot water-its was difficult to regulate-one minutes it was too hot, if you try to regulate, next 2 minutes its become too cold. For traveling company h. can be good

• 1st Mar 2014
  • Ukraine

Unexpectedly far away, poor ventilation at the room, the worst is its price, totally dont worth it. No umbrella to sell in rainy days, the only good thing is that it provides slippers while I accidentally broke mine :

A bit far for night bus, unless you wanna party hard in Venice (not really a clubing city imho), don't be lazy, walk a little bit and enjoy a tranquil camping place with proper beds.

Not too bad... just basic

Hostel was easy walk to bus stop 6 (Bus to venice) around 10 mins. Wi-Fi was good. Reading other comments people say it was in an unsafe part of town. I don't know what they're talking about, its just a working class neighbourhood I felt perfectly safe and all the locals were friendly. Plus there is a good pizza place and a kebab shop a few blocks away. Since there's no kitchen you'll need these places to save money. Biggest negative no kitchen. I would defiantly stay here again.

It was okay. The shower is broken and make all the floor wet, the AC is not blowing any warm air even though it's winter and I'm freezing. In the 3-shared dorm bed, the bed upstair is unreachable, and you need some athletic skills to do that. The hostel atmosphere is actually quite nice, i like the camping concept. But it's too far from the Venice itself, i need to take a bus or shuttle from the hostel.

The place is amazing, and it most be incredibly in the summer, the camps were really good, we only had one issue one of the nights with the heater, but they repaired so it wasn't a big deal, the place is really good for what you are paying, the only bad thing is the location, is like 10 to 15 mins walking to the bus which takes you to Venice, and from there is another 20-25 mins, but other than that, it's pretty good, nice staff.

Perfect choice to stay somewhere.It is a little bit far away from the city center,but,you can go by bus in 10 minutes.The staff was very helpful and cheerful.It is cheap and offers cheap breakfast facility if you want :) It has a swimming pool,too .It is a camping area and you'll feel fresh air when you get close to the hostel :)I made my choice and now make your choice "Plus Camping Jolly" :)

It was a nice hostel no problems with cleanliness or those types of things where its located is a disaster it would be fine for families or people who plan to be out of Venice before 11:30pm as that is the last bus and when you do get it you have a nice bit of a trek back to the hostel, other than that it was fine but you are better off paying a couple more euro for someplace on the island as it works out the same when you have to pay for the bus.

The A/C made noises all through the night, and the whole room shakes when the neighbors moved around their room. The shower knob was not really attached to the wall and the door was also broken. The place is a twenty minute walk to the nearest bus stop to the island. One night, walking back from the stop, my sister and I got stopped by local cops who asked for our papers then told us to be careful. That was a refreshing thing to tell two women in a foreign city at night.

Not great security, anyone can walk in to the camp and the door handles on the huts are broken or weak. The location is not great as it is not actually on the mainland of Venice and you have to get transport to anywhere. The staff were not very helpful in regards to which transport to take and where bus stops are. Floor in the hut was dirty when we arrived. Facilites in the hut are okayish. PLEASE NOTE, DO NOT LET THEM CALL YOU A TAXI it is 10 cent every 4 seconds and is a complete rip off!

Great value for money. A little hard to find at first, but super easy once you learn the bus routes of the city. Some good pizza places are nearby.

The hostel is far from the bus stop where you have to walk over 15 min. Need to take bus to go to Venice and cost 1.5 euro each time. The staff are not helpful enough. No hair dryer provided and the temperature of water for shower in room is difficult to adjust. Extremely hot or cold will be your only choice. No staff come to clean the room and change bed linen everyday.

The location is so far from the center but the staff is really nice and the room is a little bit small but it's really nice. Good for party, they have swimming pool and supermarket and restaurant also.

Shuttle bus didn't actually drop us off in the city. We had to take another 'People Mover' trolley to Venice which costed extra. Was cheaper to take public transportation but it wasn't the easiest to find the campsite from the nearest bus stop (about a 10-15 min walk). Good value all around though.

Didn't seem really clean. Got lots of bug bites. Could have been bed bugs or Mosquitos, not quite sure. Confusing to get to. Nothing fun happening at night. Breakfast was nothing special.

If You want To camp this place is great! But if you want a hostel don't do it. We went in October and our bungalow was wet all the time. The bed, our clothes....it wasn't pleasant. But if I was planning on camping this place would be great! The location is a little far but that doesn't matter if you take the shuttle which was Very convenient .The breakfast they offer is a great deal too.

• 26th Oct 2013

Room was very clean, facilities were nice but wi-fi was really slow. And I didn't like the location, in Venice they have busses like 6 and 6/ and we got in 6/ because we didn't know they were different. So, we had to walk our way back for one hour in the middle of nowhere. And also due to some marathon bus system was not working, so I had to wait for literally 2 hours for a bus. So if you don't mind location, you should take this one, considering there is no cheap hostels in there.