PLUS Camping Jolly Reviews

Via G. de Marchi, 7, 30175 Marghera, Venice, Italy

Food was bad, as was the service. Reception wasn't very helpful. The spa pool was cold and the pool closes at 6pm. Some guy burs in to our room without even knocking to check a lightswitch which should never happenhappen. Could be so much better if it was run properly.

Comfortable place for the price, just too far out from the main city! They offer a shuttle but it is pretty expensive, we just walked 10 mins and got the bus instead. The bar and restaurant on site is pretty decent as well. The rooms get really loud at night though because the walls are paper thin!

The atmosphere is mainly consists of large tour groups of teenagers that are traveling together. It is not very welcoming and the employees make sitting the the cafe area awkward. The breakfast is overpriced and disappointing. It is very inexpensive though compared to the rest of Venice.

The staff treat you like you're unimportant, I get that's there's a lot of people but you still expect a little help and courtesy. The facilities are good (swimming pool) but the dryers for the clothes don't even do the job properly. You pay €4 for slightly less wet clothes...

This was my first hostel experience. Finding the hostel was a huge pain, luckily my GPS was working on my phone and I was able to figure it out. If I didn't, then as a solo traveller I would have been extremely stressed out. I got to the Hostel, and the front staff looked like they hated their job. I had a bunch of questions for my next day travels and I was just given a bunch of maps to figure out on my own. The atmosphere was great, which was made from all the really awesome people staying.

• 17th May 2015

Our tent was situated next to the road and on working days (in our case monday) there is a lot of noise in the morning. However, during the weekend it was ok.

This is the best cheap option for Venice. The bus is at a 20 min walk(better than the shuttle, which ends up costing more in the end...) it gets you to the main station and from there you can walk. When it's hot in Venice, we stayed by the pool during the day and that was a big plus. There was AC in our room (private cabin). It is worth paying extra and not be in a tent, just because you have your private bathroom and everything. Overall, the place is great, not just for budget backpackers.

the camp ground is a little ways out of the city but they have a shuttle that runs all day, or you can take the city bus which is super simple. some of the staff was great and some were just really unfriendly, the pool and restaurant/bar are a big bonus and really reasonably priced! overall I loved it!

a long way from venice but they do offer a shuttle bus for 2.50 euro and that worked really well. value for money

• 16th May 2015

Very helpful staff and great atmosphere!

• 14th May 2015
  • Ukraine

This is nowhere near venice. So they shouldn't claim to be. 20 minutes by bus and then 20 minutes walking. The WiFi was weak and we had to sign in like 25 times a day. The rooms are like wagons which shake if the neighbours move. The swimming pool was covered with some sort of leaves which nobody cleaned. Drunk people were screaming till 1AM. Staff was very rude. Only good part - a cheap restaurant inside.

Jolly is a little far out but besides that everything is amazing

20 minutes walk from the hostel to the mestre train station, its ok if you like walking. I think it was good value for my money.

Nice place just 20 minutes by bus outside the city. And given the relatively crazy amazing madness of Venice its quite the reprieve. Allowing one to catch their breath. Has everything required barring any kitchen facilities (none on map or that I saw) and the dryers were useless. Don't waste €4 on what the sun does much better. Buy a line from the shop for €2.50 as the dryer doesn't work. Remember to ASK for your welcome voucher for a meal. As it wasn't volunteered.

I never write reviews so this tells you something. Camping jolly is absolutely amazing! was only going to spend 2 night there but extended to 3. Having the pool is an absolute plus. We spent one whole day at the pool relaxing :) the bar is a really fun place to go at night and meet some of the other campers. We stayed in the 3 bed cabins and it was perfect 100% would recommend.

The place is very difficult to find, first of all. There definitely needs to be some more signs and better directions on the website. The bathrooms were flooded the whole time and definitely not clean enough. I also didn't appreciate that the wifi wasn't working half the time and that the place was full of screaming drunk people every night.

• 8th May 2015

Its the best ... if you are thinking to spend a wonderful experience along with a comfortable stay then go for it.. the staff specially the black tall guy mustafa is very very helpful.. the atmosphere is superb.. The swimming pool the cafe bar ... its little far from Venice but it takes only 15 mins by bus and you need to walk for 10 mins to catch the bus.. and is very easy.. every 10 mins you will get a bus..

• 4th May 2015
  • India

It was an alright place. Kinda far outside the city but the shuttle they offered was okay. Sucks it only runs a few times in the morning then in the evening a few times. Staff did not seem very helpful. They seemed like they were too overwhelmed with people to care about the guests. Bus stop is a 15 min walk from the campground, but that doesn't bother me too much. Simple and cheap bus. Other than that, 7euro for a night outside of venice is good! Was kinda cold in the tent but worth it.

In spite of booking the hotel in a decent cost when we reached the hotel there was no reservation , we call your customer care and didn't get any help from them , we would never recommend hostel world to any of our friend ever.

• 2nd May 2015
  • India

Staff were VERY rude. Some of the rudest unhelpful people I've had to deal with to date - one even swearing at us and stood laughing showing her friends photos on her phone as opposed to helping a line of waiting customers. Staff couldn't advise of what to do in Venice Not great service for a tourism company. Our twin bed room only had linen for one bed. Internet doesn't work. The showers are cold and unattached to the wall.

• 28th Apr 2015