PLUS Camping Jolly Reviews

Via G. de Marchi, 7, 30175 Marghera, Venice, Italy

The hostel was very clean and spacious. My brother and I had a whole camper to ourselves. There was hot water and heater (when we learned how to work it). Overall, I would reccomend. The only negative thing is it's about a 40m walk to the train station; so, it ends up being a little less than an hour commute to the main island of Venice.

It's really out of the way to all the hotspots in Venice, but I enjoyed my one night there. Far superior to most hostels I've been to. I also roomed with a very nice humanitarian worker who was great to talk to. If you want to get to the island of Venice, this place isn't for you. For a few nights rest, it's a great place.

Nice place! The bar and surroindings are really nice. The only bad thing is that it's too far away from Venice and the staff is not that friendly

During the off season there is no shuttle which makes going to and from Venice a bit of a challenge. It's nice because you only share a room with max 2 other people and have your own bathroom area, as long as you are not planning on being up early or out late. Overall very mediocre

Well to this price, the value you get is inside. We stayed at a private camp house for the price of a 16 mixed bed hostels. Besides, in Venice hotels are so expensive and if u are going as a couple, just go here. The camps side is pretty nice and it is just 15 minutes from the city center, with a one direct bus. Other than that staff was so helpful. Totally a great hostel.

We had no hot water which was frustrating. The restaurant is fantastic value for money.

I liked the view with pool and minishop and bar/restaurant. It gave me the sensation of being on a real vacation, instead in caribbean.

It was definitely worth the money. We got a 4 bed-room cabin and it was spacious and equipped with everything we needed. The actual campsite was a bit out of the way and far from the main attractions of Venice but other than that, it was a great place to stay at for a few days.

A bit of a trek into Venice's main island on the city bus, but worth it for the price. The trailers were pretty clean with lots of storage. I was in one with a private bathroom. The toilet a bit leaky but I didn't stay long enough that it really was a bother. No lockers in the room, but lock boxes available for a small price in the lobby. Nice market, bar, and restaurant too.

It's all pretty good after all. The only part is the location. If you are traveling with a big backpack , and you have to walk for like 20 mins to get to the hostel, by the time you get there you don't really wanna go out anymore.

• 29th Oct 2014
  • Taiwan

The rooms were not clean and the heating was not working when it was 5 degrees at night it was horrible.

• 28th Oct 2014

We were not aware that you had to book the shuttle into Venice beforehand. In addition having to pay for those spots on the shuttle seems like a bit of a drag.

• 27th Oct 2014

Veey good stay, highly reccomend.

Overall, we were satisfied with our stay. The location is pretty far from Venice, but there were bus resources, so it worked out fine. One thing I did notice was that the website did not say anything about check-in time, so we designated 11pm. However, when we got to the campsite, the staff told us that they were already closed and that we'd need to check in in the morning, and one staff member was pretty rude about it. Everyone else was very nice, but desk closing time needs to be advertised.

• 26th Oct 2014

Did not enjoy our stay here. It is definitely further than 10 minutes to walk to/from the bus stop. Plus, it isn't clearly marked how to get there. The staff were rude and not willing to answer questions. The restaurant had decent priced food but was virtually empty in the evening. Facilities were good but laundry was very overpriced. Private room was average but could hear neighbours move and talk. It had a nice market and the guy who worked there was friendly. Overall, would not recommend!

the stay was brilliant, though because it is located a bit far from the city, has to walk a bit in the night and is kind of scary. but above from that, everything was good

It was really a good stay at this hostel. Enough facilities.. Bed covers, towels, air conditioners, room foot wears, hot water, wi-fi, parking space etc...

I do not know if Internet connection is intended to be like that but it was so hard to have Internet inside bungalows which did not allow me to work at nights but everything else was good.

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Mexico

We were very sorry to have to cancel our stay in PLUS camping Jolly because my friend got seriously ill. He is doiing a little better now but this was too late for the holliday. We hope to go there some other time . (we had to give ratings. We said what things seemed to be to us in the first place).

• 23rd Oct 2014