PLUS Camping Jolly Reviews

Via G. de Marchi, 7, 30175 Marghera, Venice, Italy

It's cheap but it's really good for the money it costs. It's located in Mestre so if you wanna come to Venice everyday it takes a while to get there – but then again, a dorm in Venice would cost at least twice as much. Very nice staff, easy internet access, clean.. I'm very satisfied.

Camping Jolly is far away from the centre of Venice, since you have to take a 20 minute bus ride, and it's a 20 minute walk to the bus stop from the camping ground. But nevertheless, if you're on a zero budget, I would definitely recommend this place. It was comfortable for a night, and the restaurant was very good for an evening meal. The best part was the buffet breakfast which was free - by far the best I've had at a European hostel in my travels!

• 13th Nov 2015
  • New Zealand

You get what you pay for. It's nothing great, but you can make it work. There are no lockers for your stuff. Also, the bus into Venice is only 1€50. Some people I met said they didn't stay here due to the 8€ bus fee. Don't let that deter you. I think it was the best deal in the area.

it is really far from bus station....not convenient but cheap.

I stayed in a 3 bed cabin. The cabin had heating, which was very nice, but it also seemed to hold the damp, especially after taking a shower. Also, the top bunk was inconvenient to climb into and not overly comfortable. Most of the facilities *shop, pool, shuttle bus etc( nwere unavailable as it is winter, and it takes around 40minutes to travel into venice via walking and then public transport. Perhaps the site is better in summer, but in off-season it is not great.

I visited here in Winter with my s/o. Because it's not high season there was basically 0 social atmosphere. However, that's not to be held against the place at all. I'm not sure why there are so many reviews complaining about the location as it's made very clear that it's outside of Venice and the public transport is super accessible and easy to use. My only complaint is that the wifi was pretty bad with patchy service. Other than that- great stay and I really liked our private bungalow.

The camping has nice structure, but is too far from the main island. If you're travelling in group is a great place to stay!

Their is no common area, and the restaurant is expensive for what it is. The internet doesn't really work, but the staff was usually quite cheerful and helpful. Understand it is a way away from venice, and their isn't a kitchen or facilties to make meals

This hostel is a pretty far distance from the actual city. other than the distance, our stay was great. Very clean, the staff was helpful and friendly.

Is a good hostel but without facilities to eat, i mean, there isn't kitchen and close supermarkets neither, there is a restaurant but is not open all the time

The place is awesome. The rooms are confortable, clean and safe. The only problem is that the camping is outside Venice. We need to take the bus to arrive in the city.

Location was the only not so great part about this place the rest was great. Very nice rooms and private.

Is is too far and you should stay here only if you have a few days and you want to relax. The supermarket there is shut down so you have no choice but to go to their restaurant if you want to eat because it is a pain to go to the city. Otherwise it is nice and quiet if location is not an issue for you.

Wasn't really able to meet anyone in this hostel. Had the whole room to myself and the bed could not stop moving. Very thin walls and location was absolutely terrible very far from actual Venice

It was an okay place to stay for one night. The beds were comfortable enough and having a heater was great as it was pretty cold at night. However we didn't have any hot water which made for a horrible shower experience. And when we went to try find someone from reception to inform about this there was no one around.

It was a very enjoyable experience! The bungalows are well priced clean and roomy! The only issue I had was te confusion on booking the right amount of beds and the lack of help once I got to the hostel and realized my mistake.

• 3rd Nov 2015

If you go into it with the full knowledge you will be staying in a cabin that is not located in Venice you will have a lovely time. If not then you're not going to be a fan. This being said the staff are all extremely nice and the breakfast is quite good.

Loved staying here. Very cozy and cute. Shuttle makes it really easy to get into Venice

There isn't heat in the rooms, so I was cold all night. The place is very far from Venice so you have to walk too much and take a bus to the city. The cleanliness is so bad too. The wifi didn't work. Horrible experience.

We enjoyed the set up of the camp ground was quite good and shuttle service into Venice helped but that was it. When we got in room all window sills were covered in dust and had used cotton buds. No blankets were delivered on our first night after asking reception 3 times about them and was 8degrees at night. Rooms were rather small for two people but did manage. Camp ground was good though restaurant and food not to bad.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7