PLUS Camping Michelangelo Reviews

Viale Michelangiolo 80, 50125 Firenze, Florence, Tuscany, Italy

2031 Total Reviews

This hostel was absolutely disgusting. We have camped at other PLUS locations with no issues. Plus Michelangelo was the dirtiest place I have stayed in during my two months of backpacking through Europe. Our tent floor was caved in, leaving a hole, completely open to the outside. Tent was crawling with bugs. We left with bites all over our bodies. Mould in showers. No wifi. Rudest staff I have encountered. Had my clothes stolen while showering. Market was never open. Do not stay here.

• 25th Sep 2013

market open at odd hours, no kitchen, no plugs in rooms, wifi sucks. Some of the staff are amazing, some dont seem to care. The club on the hill pumps music till 5am but they tell you off for laughing too loud after 12pm. For almost double the price of venice PLUS i expected more! In saying that it does have awesome views and if you are a couple its romantic to sit and watch the sunset with wine under the olive trees, or at the look out and the pizza at the resturant is pretty cheep and yummy.

Highly recommended!

Do not stay here if you are not prepared to be staying in a campsite and that means in a tent, no facilities such as kitchens, limited to no wifi, no indoor communal areas (makes things difficult if it rains) muddy paths to loos, so without the things associated with hostels. This is not a hostel. It means Mosquitos, it mean the dark and it means roughing it. However this is a very good location only fifteen mins from the main centre ad a good base for visiting florence for this reason.

Nice atmosphere, great location, cheap and very nice and helpful staff. Bravi!!!

Guy at reception was rude and incredibly slow. The guys in the restaurant were amazing! As was the restaurant itself. Parking for a car was horrible. It cost €6 and the spot that was available for us was so small we hit a tree trying to get out of it. HUGE spiders in the tent!!! But the campsite can't really be blamed for that. Fairly quiet area but far from the city center.

The showers were discusting - so unhygienic and other people's hair and things all through them. The wi-fi didn't work, not even in the common areas it was really bad. But the location was great and the tents were sufficient.

The camping is pretty cool!! The way is really breath taking walk but you can always catch the bus to the city center. The only thing that I really didn't like is that they have no power in the tents and is not east to charge yours at the bar cause everyone wants to do it! Oh and also that the check in starts too late (3.00 pm).The view is amazing and the athmosphere also! I definitely recommend it.

Very nice views. Cool twist on camping. Very bad wifi!

We ordered pizza from the restaurant on site whilst we were there and once it took two hours to arrive!! I went in to ask after one hour and was told very rudely by the waiter that 'Its in the oven I will call you when its ready'. When my friend went to ask another 30 minutes later a different waiter told her that there was a problem with the computer and our order hadn't gone through! Very rude. Other than that, nice campsite, great view and take earplugs because of the club next door!

The location of the campsite is fabulous, and the staff are very friendly. We stayed in one of the camp site tents and we were there for a week, I think that's a little longer than most, think average stay is 2 or 3 nights. The tents are of good size, personally I would've liked some cleaning tools ie brush and pan, mop only as our stay was as long. The facilities were very good. Already planning to go back next year with family.

• 4th Sep 2013
  • Couple, 41+

not bad but not a good place for vacation. not enough plugs for charging. and wifi is poor

The camping was great! its a little far from the city, but its a nice walk to it! I loved the place!!

I walked the 20 minutes to and from the campgrounds each day no worries. It was great value for money. Not quite as good as their equivalent in Rome however. Rome had plugs in the tents, WiFi everywhere and a more extensive supermarket. They could also do with a kitchen.. and make sure you have ear plugs, there's loud music playing almost every night at the club next door.. I was foolishly unprepared for this!

Witnessed shower area closed for cleaning between the hours of 22:00 and 23:00, which is absurd taking the fact that people will most likely want to go for a shower and evening teeth brush before going to bed at this time.. a bit silly isn't it??

We were staying at one of the tents, and it was lousy.

• 23rd Aug 2013
  • Iran

This place was fantasic, the staff were so helpful and happy, the location was amazing overlooking the city. Bus right at your door into town if you diddnt want to take the 20min breath taking walk. The bus to catch is either 12 or 13 into the city. We took the city tour for 48hrs which cost $25 aud., which lets you travel on local buses for free. The only downfall was an all night disco that if you were a poor sleeper could be a problem. I would highly recommend this place.

Cleanliness is bad. Especially in the bathroom. Rooms are average. The nicest thing they have is their bar which has a nice atmosphere and a beautiful sight of the city.

Very crowded Very noisy from children crying . fixed tents need maintenance ...

• 20th Aug 2013
  • Greece

It's a campsite so you get what you expect to get. Bring mosquito spray. However the location is actually really good. 2 mins from a famous viewing point of the city and a nice 20 min stroll into all the sights. Can then get the bus back up if you don't fancy the walk. Nice atmosphere at the bar in evening also! Would recommend for those on a budget!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5