PLUS Camping Michelangelo Reviews

Viale Michelangiolo 80, 50125 Firenze, Florence, Tuscany, Italy

2031 Total Reviews

Restaurant was slow and over priced, bathrooms a long walk from tents, no blankets and very cold at night, very loud music from club next door, contiki tours stop here, very few power points, very slow wifi if you could connect at all, we left a night early

• 18th Jul 2013

It's really a camping but it's great. The view is amazing!!!! I rather spend my evenings in the bar of the hostel than in any other place. And it's really cheap also! It's not that far from the centre and you can take a bus. The tents and sheets are clean and the bathrooms, well, there's a lot of people in there.. Recommended.

Was a convenient place to stay. The staff need to smile a bit more. The facilities are great. Supermarket, amazing bathrooms, goog laundry. Close to public transport.

This is the second time we have stayed here at Michelangelo. It's location is excellent and the facilities in relation to the cost is good. However, the toilet facilities were well below acceptable. Bins in the ladies toilets had not been emptied in a 24 hour period and despite what was claimed by the management, these facilities had not been regularly cleaned, they smelt and basins were clogged. Overall the toilets need a good revamp and clean up! It is a downer for this camp site.

• 15th Jul 2013
  • Couple, 41+

Fine place! When you just want rest, it is the perfect place... Only downside: it is a real climb to get there :)

VERY basic camping - showers and toilets not always clean, place needs updating. Note that unlike the other PLUS campsites, Michelangelo does not have a pool, neither does it have plug sockets in the house tents (although there are some to use on the terrace, but these are in high demand). Also the wifi connection was shocking. Having said that it was really cheap and in a good location.

Great place if you're on a budget.

Great place to stay if you are looking for a slightly different experience than the typical hostel.

I really enjoyed my stay here! The tent was large and clean. The bathrooms were pretty clean and the atmosphere was great! so many people to meet in the lounge/bar area. There were only a small amount of plugs but that was the only negative.

Tents are really warm in the day so sleep after midnight. Excellent party atmosphere, walking distance to town with nice views on the way. WiFi sucks. Would go there again, but I heard they are moving to a different less central location next year.

We had a great stay in Florence, and what a beautiful location for the campsite - stunning views of the city and cathedral at any time of day / night! It is a bit of a way if you're walking from the train station, but we didn't mind that at all. We stayed in the tents, which have locks but not totally secure, but it's a campsite after all - what more do you expect? Atmosphere was fun and the only small issue was no plug sockets in tents which can be a bit annoying! But all in all a great site!

Friendly staff!! Really nice view from the camping.

• 6th Jul 2013

Do not stay at this place if you plan to sleep. An outdoor night club is nextdoor and they play a monotonous track *loudly* until 3:30 am. The 6.50 euro charge per day for parking is another nasty surprise. The bathrooms were roped off as if they were being cleaned all evening and night, just when people want to shower.

• 6th Jul 2013
  • Couple, 41+

I would recommend staying at the other PLUS camping. Internet NEVER worked, check in staff were rude and slow and I got kicked out of thr bathroom so the cleaning lady could clean, but perhaps if she wasn't using her cell while working things would get done faster.

Beautiful views of the city, lovely location next to the piazza. Felt a little like summer camp with the large travelling groups, but the bar area quiets down and is great for relaxing. Only downside is the club next door plays very loud music late into the night, a little hard to fall asleep. Quick walk to the city center!

Great place - very friendly and helpful staff. Good atmosphere in the evenings at the bar/restaurant area. Beautiful views over Florence. Showers and toilets reasonably clean. Facilities could have been better.

The showers could be better. Apart from that really good place to go for decent price. Great views, restaurant and shop. Make sure to check the directions as it's on the top of a big hill.

First, the tents are a great location and the restroom, restaurant and grocery are all nice to have on the grounds. The blankets that come w the tent are old and dingy. We didn't use ours. The staff lost my I.d. At check out and when we found it they told me to put it in a better location next time... That was lame but the place is nice and I went back again during my trip. The bathroom can be a hike, so ladies plan your trips!

So the showers were so nasty that I advised my friend to wait until we flew to Berlin to shower. We spent one night and I was super grossed out. The tent was nice and big and fresh sheets were great. I wasn't too thrilled about the spiders in the tent but they didn't bother me. The restaurant has amazing pizza and it's super affordable to eat there the market is fully stocked. The guy at the check in was kind of snippy. It's location is great and the view is beautiful.

The location is exelent, but twice they have given me a key to a tent which was already occupied or messy. Often it is possible to open a locked tent without a key...