PLUS Camping Roma Reviews

Via Aurelia Km. 8,2 nr. 831, 00165, Rome, Italy

Staff are not helpful. Checkin and out lines are very very slow. You have to pay 3-6€/day to get into and around the city. Best to spend the extra and stay in the city itself. Cabins are nice and clean but just too far out

The men's public showers were not particularly clean. The clothes drying machines don't really work and you pay 4euros, which is a lot when it doesn't even do the job properly. A third of the machines weren't working.

• 13th Jul 2014

This campsite has everything you could possibly require in a campsite and more in abundance. The facilities are clean and kept up to a high quality, there is plenty to do, and they are always keen to help you find your way around Rome. The only downside is it is a long way outside of Rome and so travelling can be quite frustrating.

I loved plus camping roma, the pool was great the atmosphere was good, and the cocktails were soo nice. Only pain is the slow bus into Rome from the campsite.

Very nice place to be, staff was nice and own market great.

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Finland

Was a great place to stay. A little far out from the attractions in Rome but accessible by bus. Has a great atmosphere filled with a variety of travellers.

Great Value for money. Good restaurant and bar!!

Happy hour beers at the bar (three for €5) were terrible! We would have been happy to pay three for €10 of the quality was better. The beer gives you a massive headache, which never happens after three beers! Otherwise, was an enjoyable stay. Thank you.

I stayed in the shared tents and they are adequate for a short stay. They are hot during the day, but at night they cool down and are comfortable for sleeping. The shared toilets and showers are clean and there are lots of them. The location is a fair way out of town. There is a free shuttle, but if you are there for a few days and wanting to see the big sights, Id recommend staying closer to town. The restaurant and pool are great for relaxing after a big day. The staff are friendly and helpful

Everything was just perfecto! Every youth should stay in plus camping roma. But cafe/restaurant prices was high. Allother things was worth paid. Pool was amazing too, 100 points from me!

receptionists were very friendly the guy at the info point though, a different story. it depends on his mood. when there are many people, his manner may seem pretty rude, as he seems disinterested in answering your queries. toilets were cleaned regularly, which was good. but may need a renovation to make them more comfortable and cleaner looking. tents were okay. but it'll be better under the shed, as it gets really hot when the sun is out.

Excellent place to stay if your happy with a camping ground. Good facilities, nice restaurant and a swimming pool and bar!!

This is a great campsite! However, it is so far out from the centre of Rome. My friend and myself experienced trouble trying to find the campsite, the directions weren't clear enough and this resulted in us being lost for a total of 3 hours. I didn't feel safe at all on the metro system, it wasn't patrolled enough. The bus was always packed in the evening (246 for reference) and is very easy to hitchhike on. Via Aurelia, is a dual carriageway and is quite unsafe. However, I'd give 4 stars.

Nightmare! Reception staff are thugs! Inspite of 2 nights booking with advance part pymt, we were forcefully checked out 10.30 am on 2nd day & re-checkin at 1.45 pm..Wasted 3 hrs. And same room given! Evening when we came back from city tour, there were other guests when we opened the door! LOL. We were again then forcefully made to check in other room because the guests were a part of a big group wanting to stay together in nearby bungalows. How rude is that being made to shift room at night.

• 29th Jun 2014
  • India
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Great place and value for money it's just a little hard to get to. But once your there it has all the amenities plus some. Loved sitting by the pool with a bucket of cocktails would recommend it :)

I thought that Plus Camping Roma was an overall good hostel. The location was not great but easy enough to get to with the transit system. Had a grocery store on site which was convenient and great bar to meet people!

WiFi was a disgrace. Hardly worked at all. We were warned about people breaking in and stealing peoples stuff, so you have a reputation (a BAD one).

I had a cold shower the morning I left. I didn't have time to ask the staff about it so maybe there was something that could have been fixed. The accommodation is very basic and the location is 8km from the city, you have to take a bus and then train into town. It was convenient for the tour I did though (Busabout) which began from the campgrounds. I had paid a % of the total cost to secure the booking but when I paid on check-out they didn't include this therefore I overpaid by 7 Euro :(

• 22nd Jun 2014

The campsite was a great place to stay. The restaurant food was delicious, staff were lovely to deal with. I took a day trip to Pompeii with the tour desk and was so cheap and easy to book. I had a bungalow with an ensuite to myself it was spacious and clean. The trip into town took awhile, maybe 45min depending on the wait for the bus. It was easy enough and you can also take a camp shuttle to the Cipro stop for €3 return if you don't want to use the public bus.

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Check in was a horrible, slow process. This needs to be improved. Facilities in terms of restaurant, shopping centre, pool, bar etc were fantastic!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4