PLUS Camping Roma Reviews

Via Aurelia Km. 8,2 nr. 831, 00165, Rome, Italy

Very nice, affordable and easy to acces. Great experience. It was not what I expected... It was a whole lot better

• 26th Jul 2015

The camping ground was well equipped with a pool, restaurant (good prices), a supermarket, laundry facilities and an information desk. We stayed in a tent which had a bunk bed and a single bed, light and a power outlet. The tents are very, very hot in summer as they don't have any source of cooling and some are located in the sun. I suggest paying a bit more for a bungalow during the middle of summer if staying for more than a few days. The public transport is not direct to the centre of Rome.

Great hostel! We stayed in both a bungalow and a tent which were both clean and comfortable. The staff were really helpful and the shuttle to the Vatican makes it easy enough to get into Rome. We really enjoyed our stay here and would definitely recommend.

The facilities at the campsite were great bathrooms and showers were clean and the laundry and restaurant were great Getting to and from the campsite can be difficult as the busses are sometimes unreliable Security was average i have locks on my bags but the tents were not at all secure despite being lockable I could still open the door Otherwise i really enjoyed my stay and would recommend it to others

Quite far out of rome, super easy to get into the g Hostel if your not staying there, I asked to upgrade to a airconditioned room and the receptionist said there was no availability, I then found out my friend who checked in after me upgraded to a better room so my partner and I go down there and she said that I had already been informed that there was no upgradable rooms. Then he mentioned our friend who had upgraded and then she found us a room. The tent we went to was also covered in mould.

This Hostel is pretty awesome. It's not very often that you can say you camped in Rome! We enjoyed our stay. In the 35 degree weather, we loved the pool! The staff was amazing and gave us suggestions for the rest of our Italian experience.

Fun, family-friendly campsite with spacious tents and an.excellent pool However the tents became uncomfortably hot during my stay in July when temperatures reached 40°- we took a mattress outside and slept thete. Another issue was the opening hours of the restaurant and convenience shop on site which are worth noting before you plan your meals for the day. Overall the campsite provided a fun environment with lively bar and plenty of city tours for guest.

Staff in restaurant were extremely rude with poor quality of food. We stayed here as it was our pick up point for Bus about but found it alarming that they do not accomadate for Bus about customers not did they care. Busy and loud at night with horrible club! They're are plenty of other accomadation located on the same street, research before staying here!

My only major criticism would be its ridiculously far out of Rome's city centre. Otherwise it's quite a nice place. There are a LOT of children, which is quite annoying if you want to relax by the pool because there are kids constantly doing "cannonballs" into the pool and splashing about. The cabins have AC which is a huge plus. Rome was sweltering by day so it was definitely a great thing to have!! Washing was quite expensive (€8.50 for wash & dry) and the supermarket didn't have any fruit :(

The location was good if you didn't want to do alot of site seeing in Rome, unless you pay to do the shuttle. The tents were to hot with no air conditioner but thankfully they were great and upgraded us to a bungalow with air for barely any extra money. The pool was great and everyone was very friendly, the whole place had a friendly relaxed feeling.

This is not a camping site this is a five star otel if you have a time definetly stay this place but only far from the city centre.you must buy a roma pass if you stay here

This place seems great for large school groups etc but not so good if you're travelling alone- worth making an effort to talk to people. Clean and comfortable, showers could do with a bit more cleaning. Difficult to get back from city late at night and on-site bar is always full of drunk teenagers. Overall: good enough for cheap price.

Bad location: no public transit after midnight plus very far from the city center. Snotty staff. Very hot rooms, like I wouldn't stay in there during the day and I'd have to avoid sleeping in to avoid being hot in the room. Cheap rooms=weird guests, just FYI. Very cheap but u would pay €20 more everyday just to avoid staying there ever again.

very cheap accommodation, and the the tents we stayed in were fine with locks. however it is a fair way from the city and the shuttle bus stops running at 6pm. the bathrooms were grotty but hey it is camping. good parties though and the food at the restaurant was pretty good.

It provides a good cheap place to rest your head. However its very far out from central rome and I wouldn't recommend the tents in summer as its too hot without aircon

good value, dirtiest bathrooms, mad parties.

Very good place for vacation, is like around 15 minutes by bus from the nearest metro station, but the same way good, with very nice pool, fair price market, good restaurant and nice bar that turn to a small disco late at night... I enjoy very much and for sure will be back next time in Rome.

We stayed in the tents so I think it would be different for the bungalows but there was no aircon or fan which made it uncomfortable to sleep. Be prepared to walk a lot and keep in mind it is a 30-45 minute trip from the city. This place is better for families or groups (contiki etc) not for individual backpackers because the "communal area" is just some picnic benches outside and there are no kitchen facilities. Pool was nice and the communal bathrooms were clean and had good hot water though

Tents were under bare sun, burning and boiling.

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • Iran

Most of the staff was rude. there was one great server. everyone else seemed bored and looked like they hated their job. This was the worst location of any hostel we stayed at. it takes an hour or two to get anywhere, and three hours to the airport.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6