PLUS Camping Roma Reviews

Via Aurelia Km. 8,2 nr. 831, 00165, Rome, Italy

The facilities are good and the bed is just about worth the money. It's too far from anything though and requires a bus/train/metro (sometimes all) to get anywhere. Atmosphere for a solo traveler was not the best, definitely suited for groups or families

Wifi was annoying as hell to stay connected to. The info point mostly just wanted to sell you tours. The supermarket there was reasonably priced. The restaurant was terrible. Staff was pretty accomadating-it waas cold so we asked for extra blankets and they delivered them right away. Bring earplugs if you're in a tent-those canvas walls won't block any of the noise from the highway and from surrounding tents. Farther out of town, but public transport was easy.

Great budget hostel/camping sites for groups. Wouldn't recommend staying here for longer than 3-4 days. Basic tents are fine, but expect to hear everything your neighbours are doing and the highway close by. The site's services such as the restaurant, cafe, bus shuttle to Vatican City and to the airport were awesome and made things a lot more simple.

Everything's just good except poor wifi but can be satisfied!!

Pros: Cheap for Rome. Pretty close to bus stop and train, so can easily get into the city. Also, fairly frequent shuttles to the Vatican museums. Fairly good restaurant. Cons: Terrible directions to the hostel; you're not told which bus stop to get off at. Not a very social scene because people are mostly in groups. Staff never responded to my email about the pedestrian bridge and shuttle info.

Wifi in the tents is really bad. location is pretty inconvenient too if you don't plan on using public transportation.

Very noisy..Cramped cabin.

• 13th May 2015
  • Couple, 41+

It was very out of the way and took a long time to get into the city itself. The bathrooms were very nice, clean and looked fairly new. The staff on the other hand gave me the wrong directions frequently and because of this I almost missed one of my tours. The Camp store had decent prices and was close enough to make it worth your while to stop in.

Staff was great and very helpful with whatever I needed. Stayed in a bungalow with one other which was comfy and clean. Have everything there from restaurant to grocery store. It's a little outside Rome's centre, but transit makes it very easy and quick to get back and forth. Definitely get your money's worth from this place.

There was no pool.

The staff are great,specially the security guards, and the room also interesting just little bit cold at night, but only one thing, it is too far from centre:(, unless you have car, here will be a good choice!

Best option if you're travelling on a budget. Stayed in the 2 p. private tents & toured Pompeii. A little out of the way, as you'd expect for a camping site. Getting there can be hard. Used all 3 blankets as the tent got very cold at night. Showers tend to be cold if you shower late in the day. Tents are lockable, but still felt the need to hide our valuables. Restaurant is excellent value for money. Staff are all exceptional- especially the shuttle driver & restaurant staff.

The bus station is in front of the entrance, however you have to walk a massive detour as the passenger bridge is closed. The center of the area is a constuction site, no pool or relaxing area available. Untill these two issues are not solved I can't recommend this location.

My sister and I had a great stay at Plus Camping Roma! We had a two person private tent. It had a floor, electricity and lights, and a sliding door with a lock. Simple, but comfortable. The bathrooms were convenient and clean. It is far from the city center, but pretty easy to get there by bus and metro. The bus drops you off across the street (highway, really), but there is a pathway that guides you up over a bridge and down to the site. The staff were accommodating and friendly.

Actually, I had to cancel my trip to Rome. I e-mailed the hostel in advance and they were very quick and polite in canceling my reservation with no charge. I plan a trip later and will book with them again.

You should provide more bed sheets when the weather it's cold! I had cold my 3 nights there

I had a great time, but I changed from the tent to the bungalow, because it's really cold inside the tent, and the shared bathroom sometimes has no hot water. The atmosphere is amazing, and the staff really helpful and friendly. Go to the bar during the night, you will meet new people and you will enjoy even more! Sometimes waiting for the bus is annoying, specially during holidays.

Internet didn't work, the place is a bit far from rome but a taxi to the city is usually less that 20 euro so not too bad really

enjoyed my stay.

Great place!! 30 minutes from Rome but surrounded by good transport system. Great bungalows! !! I would return again

• 31st Mar 2015