PLUS Camping Roma Reviews

Via Aurelia Km. 8,2 nr. 831, 00165, Rome, Italy

Average is the best way to describe this place. Bit too far out from main sights for my liking. Also having to walk up a big hill with your bags so not ideal.

Loved it here! Thought we'd be cold in a tent but we weren't at all. Showers powerful and hot. Restaurant food is pretty poor. You have to catch a 15 min bus and a 20/30 min metro into the centre. A day pass costs €7 which can be used on both. The only major downside is trying to return to the campsite in the evening. It took us 2.5 hours due to the metros being rammed full of people. Beautiful city though and so affordable!!!

Bus was very infrequent and always late. So location gets a bad score. Tent was damp and not very secure. Facilities weren't great. Only have a microwave. A fridge would have been nice. Heard mice crawling under my tent, probably got inside. Only good thing was the staff. They gave me an extra blanket as it was freezing cold. Thanks :)

Great place with good facilities and fantastic value for money, which is difficult to come by in Rome.

The tents were terribly humid and damp in the rainy conditions and you could hear the people around you i n other tents coughing and sneezing most of the time. The first tent that I was allocated to was dripping water though some holes in the roof....they changed me to a better tent. In wet weather all the bed sheets and pillow cases were just damp and it was a struggle to live there for 5 days......People with chronic breathing issues should avoid these tents at all costs.....,

it was raining, my tent was totally wet.... floor, mattress and blanket etc. but they change the tent next day upon asking. wont recommend in cold season as no heating system was there and at night it was really cold.

The tent where we stayed was really cold and the rain came through it. The toilets were not illuminated enough and the showers were authorised until 5:30 pm. The price was good, but the breakfast was expensive 7€. Although the hostel is far from the city centre, the bus and train were sufficient to offer comfortable journeys.

Tents arw mind of drity! Lots of rats and mice running arpund! Had a pair of my shows thrown put by the cleaner... Unless a group tour rocks up the place is kibd of dead!

• 6th Oct 2015

Stayed here for one night only. It was good. You get a towel, scheiße ja. Can't say much else. Decent place.

The staff were helpful and accommodating. My bus to Rome was stuck in traffic for hours and I ended up arriving past midnight, but the guard checked me in and gave me a key just telling me to pay in the morning. They also printed off all my tickets/etc free of charge and the wifi reception from my tent was fantastic. However, when I arrived to my tent at 1am, all the beds were wrinkled and looked slept in, and I couldn't find any clean sheets. You're also limited to a microwave when cooking.

Everything here is great except for the location. Being out of a city is fine if the public transport is decent, but to get into Rome we had to take multiple buses (which were often late) and getting home anytime after 11 required a 20 minute walk along a highway. They do offer a shuttle to Rome, but for the cost of it you may as well stay closer to the city. Basically, this place is great if you have plenty of time, but don't expect to be able to see the sites in a few days.

Mosquitoes, no shop, market or retail outlet, unfriendly bar staff, and poor WiFi signal. Overpriced for what it is!

Awesome place to stay. I was so happy here. Great supermarket across the road. Only comment would be that it would be wonderful to have access to a kitchen for some food prep. Thanks for a great stay. Really enjoyed the pool!

tents very stuffy and mosquitoes get in and bite so be prepared. very nice place though cheap and has amazing facilities. could do with a public kitchen and kettle...also bus is out front but tajes you to metro then to city. so not the closest but easy enough

Bit of mold on the inside of the tent. Can be very cold but we asked for extra blankets and the staff were very responsive. Lack of a kitchen and need of transport into Rome defeats the purpose of trying to save money using cheap accommodation. Although the on site restaurant is decent. If you attract mosquitoes AVOID, we had to check out early due to being covered in bites. but I'm sure most people will be OK. constant influx of teens and gap years alike due to Topdeck tours. mainly Aussies.

It is located a fair way from the historical centre of Rome but is a nice clean place to stay with everything you need located on the campsite.

It was a decent place and good worth for your money but the location was so bad

We loved staying at this place! It definitely exceeded our expectations. It was very clean, comfortable and safe. The restaurant on location was really great too. The only thing we didn't like was the location, because it is quite far from the main city.

I stayed here 7yrs ago and now with my family. This place is a family and or party park outside Rome. Great value for money. Pool has very limited hours for use. No BBQ or kitchen faculties. Easy enough to get to and from the center of Rome. Would stay again.

Very good