PLUS Camping Roma Reviews

Via Aurelia Km. 8,2 nr. 831, 00165, Rome, Italy

This is a wonderful place and I just had a great time.

• 14th Nov 2014
  • China

too cold for winter

The camp is far away from the city center. It took us about 40 minutes to get to Termini each day because we had to take a bus and then Metro (10 stops) to get to Termini. At night it took longer because the bus came every 1/2 hr. The trade-off was you pay a lot less for a bed in a shared 3-bed bungalow than you would pay for a dorm bed in a hostel near the Termini. Another plus side was the bus stop was right outside the gate of the campsite.

if you are on a very tight budget, camping site is really a cool place to save some money. It is some distance away from metro or the center but there are buses just at the entrance that can take you to the main places. Overall good at the tent as there are lights and plug points to charge in the tent. Wifi is good depending where your tents located.

No hot water in the showers, Wifi doesn't work in the rooms, and your lucky if you can get it to work outside Air conditioning didn't work properly so it was freezing or off and you can't open the windows because there's so many mosquitoes

it is fantastic place to stay! i loved it there! even though it is not central Roma, i would for sure return to stay there anytime!! the staff is just great! from the moment that i arrived untill i left, everybody was super friendly and extremely helpful! BEST PLACE EVER!!

• 16th Oct 2014
  • South Africa

As we were in Rome later in the season- the information centre had closed down, leaving a sign saying "speak to reception". But anyone at reception were extremely unhelpful when it came to booking any tours etc. They weren't interested in helping at all.

• 11th Oct 2014

The campsite itself is awesome. They have their own restaurant and the food there is great. The bathrooms are very clean. The tents are nice. The only problem is the location. The bus drops you off across the street from the place. In order to get over there you have to cross a bridge, which is fine, except that when we stayed there the bridge was closed. That meant that in order to get to the campsite we literally had to run through traffic with our bags. We jumped the median. It was dangerous.

• 11th Oct 2014

i arrived late at night the bedding was very damp I went and told 1 of the staff who said they would be around later with new bedding they never turned up,so slept in damp bedding for 1st few nights, other than that I wasn't there much to busy exploreing rome ,I found being so far outside rome not to good as you have to catch the metro then bus back to camp,i was awakend early by ambulance r police cars,6-7am the breakfast staff were so friendly and helpful,toilets and showers distance from tent

We stayed in a few places in Rome and this was the best! Even though it is out of town a bit, it's easy enough to get the bus and metro into town, and they also have a shuttle to the Vatican. The pool area and bar is awesome as well, and the supermarket across the road is really convenient. Didn't sleep too well in the tents, I'd recommend a bungalow if you can afford it.

This hostel isn't central, but it is easy to get to and from the city. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and a decent size. The wifi did not work at all, and the restaurant food isn't too great, but overall very good value for money.

It was my first time ever staying in a Hostel and I'm so glad I stayed here. The staff was absolutely wonderful and very helpful. The facilities were very clean. And the over all atmosphere was vibrant. I would definitely go back and stay there again.

• 1st Oct 2014

Very good.

Our room (bungalow) smelled terribly of stale cigarette smoke. The ventilation was sticky and humid, the outside facilities would have been good for a summer holiday, but I'm glad we experienced Rome in an ancient hotel in the city before we stayed here- our stay didn't live up to our portrayed image of Rome. Having said that, while waiting for our room to be organised, we went to the pool for a drink, the staff there were fun and the atmosphere was great.

Decent. However was very far out of town, long bus ride and a train to get to any of the main sights. Don't catch the shuttle if they have one, drops you at the same place as the public bus for double the price.

• 25th Sep 2014

Super cool place in the heart of Rome ! If you have a car there is no better place to go .

• Poland

The location, while accurately described, is an absolute pain to get to. There is a "nearby" bus station, you have a relatively long walk along a highway that doesn't have sidewalks.This is not ideal for visitors with luggage or very safe during early morning/nighttime. There are other options to get into Rome such as the shuttle, but this service stops at 6 p.m., which is useless if you are arriving back to the campsite after one of the Busabout trips. Plan your stay carefully!

• 25th Sep 2014

The tent was freezing at night. Very drafty. If they claim that you don't need a sleeping bag they should offer adequate blankets for the season (it was late September when I stayed). Also the pillow might as well not be there as it is so thin and useless. And the sheets were all damp when I arrived. Gross.

• 24th Sep 2014

If you plan to go to Rome and not be in Rome, stay in this hostel. Far from the city and civilization, it is good only if you intend to stay within the campus and have fun!

The place is horrible. Way too far out of town for you to come and go as you please and the cabin we stayed in was filthy. On top of that there has been a mix up with my payment and the staff have been incredibly rude to me while I have been trying to resolve if. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone. We only stayed here because we were doing the busabout tour if I had the chance I would stay somewhere else.

• 21st Sep 2014