PLUS Camping Roma Reviews

Via Aurelia Km. 8,2 nr. 831, 00165, Rome, Italy

Stayed in a private cabin on my own. It was great. They need to improve there checkin. They were very slow. We arrived on a bus with a tour group and took over an hour and a half to check everyone in. They are aware of what time the bus groups arrive so should be more organised with a better system. We stayed at plus Prague and plus Florence and they gave us out keys in arrival so we did not have to wait and we came down and paid whe. We had settled in. They need to adopt that method

Extremely helpful staff and an enjoying atmosphere.

Location inconvenient. Had to trek 350m in traffic along major highway (no sidewalk) with luggage as no bus stop outside campsite. Dangerous in peak hour. Then catch bus AND metro to get into Rome. Too much of an effort to get into city. Bad wifi connection, reception advised us that wifi would work in restaurant however restaurant staff asked us to leave as we weren't ordering food (despite fact we had bought drinks and restaurant was empty). Would rather pay more & stay in Rome itself.

• 31st Aug 2014

Cool place but far away from the city centre and hard to find for the first time. Inside of the tents are too hot and you get up early automatically when sun goes up. Some insects may visit your tents.You can get city centre by 5minutes walking to bus stop then bus then metro. all takes app. 45 minutes. However it is a cool place with swimming pool(1.20m height), restaurant, pool bar, disco and supermarket(expensive).

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Turkey

Pretty good facility but no.lockers in rooms/tents. Rooms were small but comfortable. Staff very helpful. Quite far away from the city and transport takes a while but it is easy to use.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

All in all we had an ok stay at Camping Roma on three occasions. We did however have a security issue where our room key was also given to another group so we had people open our door. Luckily we were in the room at the time. Location was not very central but good facilities on the grounds. Wifi was terrible always cutting in and out or not working at all. Clean rooms.

Has everything you need in a campsite. Laundry, resteraunt etc so you don't need to leave. However, it is quite far out. It is good for the price though. If you want cheap accomodation in Rome, this is good, but if you want to be closer to the city, I would recommend booking somewhere else. The resteraunt had pretty terrible food :-/

This hostel is very far out of the city and is an inconvenience to get back and forth. The footbridge across the very busy street is closed so you are forced to walk over a busy overpass to get here. The wifi does not work well in rooms. The pool was refreshing. They paired me in a cabin with a very inappropriate male guest and when I told reception about this in the morning, they said a female was assigned to this other bed. So I'm not sure how well they are doing their jobs at reception.

Great place to stay clean rooms and a great way to meet people

We stayed in a private double room and didn't have any hot water for our entire stay.

• 26th Aug 2014

I would have expected to be able to self-cater at a camping village but there were no catering facilities. There was an excellent supermarket across the road and the hostel provided free transfers to the supermarket and back.

Apart from it being a bit easier to get into Rome, which to be fair it wasn't even that difficult apart from on a Sunday evening, this place was absolutely amazing. Couldn't fault it and I think everyone should at least spend a night here if they go to this beautiful city!

• 23rd Aug 2014

Nicest camping ever and the absolute best value. My tent was like a small cabin. Every amenity you can think of. Bring mosquito repellant, you'll be outside a lot

Had a blast!!

• 22nd Aug 2014

This hostel is fine when you are travelling on a budget. The price of the rooms are reasonable, however when paying 45 euro a night, which to be honest isn't as cheap as hostels use to be, you now expect for the WIFI that is offered to work in all of the rooms, which it doesn't.

A little far away from the city centre, but easy enough to catch bus and train in. Staff at reception are very slow checking in, but otherwise very helpful. Pool is fantastic, slightly dirty but that is to be expected. The biggest thing was the time they decided to clean the toilet blocks. The female toilet block near the house tents was closed for nearly an hour at 7 in the morning, which probably isn't the best time, especially if you're part of a tour that leaves at 8am!

When I booked this I saw a review about someone saying that they got bed bugs so I was freaking out the whole time. When I got there and walked inside my air conditioned cabin I had realised that it was fine! The cabins are cleaned daily, it's about 30 minutes by pulic transport to the centre, wifi goes in and out of connection, bar and restaurant are handy to have. Not a bad stay after all. Didn't get bed bugs (thankfully) although some sleep was lost over worrying about it.

The best and perfect, I will definitely go there again, the only problem which we had was the Wi-Fi antenna strength. Perfeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeect

The air con i had in the first room was amazing but when i checked back in for another stay would not move above 17 degrees! Staff in info point where very helpful especially when the wifi had issues very happy to be given some free wifi.

It was pretty clean, good value for money. Massive downside was how far away it was from everything. I wouldn't stay here again for that reason, but other than that it was good.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7