PLUS Camping Roma Reviews

Via Aurelia Km. 8,2 nr. 831, 00165, Rome, Italy

The shower was absolutely freezing and the air conditioner was difficult to use.

Water in the bungalow was freezing.

Standard camping ground. Food at the bar is ok but over priced, but there's a supermarket over the road. Only real negative is that it's a bit out of town. Other than that, nothing bad to report

Check in takes way way to long

Great place to stay on a budget. A little far out from town which may not be worth it for some, but it was over all a great stay.

An hour and half wait to check in

• 7th Jun 2015

Everything about this Hostel was great, the staff were very helpful and friendly. The only thing I missed was a guest Kitchen.

• 7th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Its okay for a bed to rest your head for the night but is rather spend a couple of extra euros and be in the city with more and better facilities.

Took over an hour and a half to check in, and even then they sent me to the wrong room. The staff do not care and are unhelpful. Facilities are basic, asked numerous times about hot water and air con not working. Location presents challenges as well.

Fantastic value for money. Unlike other campsites I stayed at, the tents have sockets inside. The facilities are great with a swimming pool, laundromat, bar and shop. There is also a large supermarket across the road and free WiFi which worked in our tent. Transport to the centre is only €1.50 with ticket including both bus and Metro (although bus service is a little sparse on Sundays). Overall, a great place to stay!

You need to supply a fridge! We are backpackers and we have food with us. We had to throw some out because we couldn't keep it cold also, I am a diabetic and I had to get the reception staff to put my medication in a fridge somewhere out the back. I needed to freeze the cold pack to put in the bag for travel and the reception girl only put it in the fridge as her English wasn't great and I don't speak any Italian. This would not be an issue if you had a public fridge/ freezer.

I experienced living in a tent first time in my life. The weather was nice, pool awesome, friendly atmosphere.

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Lithuania

Although it was difficult to get to, it's nice to have somewhere outside of the city centre for a bit of a break. We had three nights in the centre of Rome before coming out to Plus Camping, and it was just what we needed. Lounged by the pool, had a decent feed at the onsite restaurant and a good sleep in our cabin. Would recommend, if you're willing to be outside of the city of Rome.

Very good value for money. It's not centralized and does not offer breakfast, however it has a very nice pool nice tents and has athe best price we could find. A bad point is, you can't get to the hotel after 12:00 by public trabsportation and we didn't find taxis. We had to walk for some kilometers late in the evening. If you don't mind going out at night or you're coming back before midnight this the best place.

I enjoyed the tents. Just clean and great for the price. The lock on my tent only worked from the inside though. Tent 1.

• 27th May 2015

The facilities are good and the bed is just about worth the money. It's too far from anything though and requires a bus/train/metro (sometimes all) to get anywhere. Atmosphere for a solo traveler was not the best, definitely suited for groups or families

One of the most amazing hostels we stayed in our 13 days trip to Europe..I stayed in Plus hostel in Venice as well which was equally good. The tourist information desk, printing area and shuttle bus service are the most appreciated services. Was little concerned about the quality of the quilt and bed linen provided, as I took tent to stay and at night it got very cold. Highly recommended!

• 20th May 2015
  • India

Location is a good 8.5km out of town and you need to catch a bus and metro so approx 30-40mins from city centre. There is a major supermarket across the road which is handy if you're travelling on the cheap. Staff were pretty average but accommodation is clean and there are lots of facilities available. Showers in the bungalows were pretty temperamental and difficult to get hot water at times and steady water pressure. Restaurant food is pretty average. Sufficient accomm for price paid.

Wifi was annoying as hell to stay connected to. The info point mostly just wanted to sell you tours. The supermarket there was reasonably priced. The restaurant was terrible. Staff was pretty accomadating-it waas cold so we asked for extra blankets and they delivered them right away. Bring earplugs if you're in a tent-those canvas walls won't block any of the noise from the highway and from surrounding tents. Farther out of town, but public transport was easy.

I was undecided about the length of my stay so I extended my stay on 2 separate occasions. The first time, the receptionist seemed irritated and was ignorant in booking me into another bungalow. At one point I was saying to her I don't mind if I have to switch bungalows, I just needed a place to sleep, and she put her hand up in front of my face and grumbled. I'm a solo traveler and was not settling into my trip too well as it was, so her attitude did not help.