PLUS Camping Roma Reviews

Via Aurelia Km. 8,2 nr. 831, 00165, Rome, Italy

It is so out of the way. On top of that, the staff gave me wrong directions to get to the hostel. In addition, when I checked in the room was already full - I wasn't compensated for the hour spent trekking around with my pack to get a room, when I needed to be up at 6 the next day.

• 2nd Aug 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights and it was perfect. Clean and good quality facilities, and even though it's a bit far from the city, there is a shuttle every hour from the campsite which takes you right to the Vatican. Pool is a bonus during summer. Overall, really good value for money.

Wifi was terrible and not accessible from our room

• 31st Jul 2014

Pretty nice camping, like the other plus ones! Pretty far from the city though, I would not recommend going there if you plan to stay for long in Rome!

Stayed here for 4 nights recently as I was doing a tour of the Amalfi Coast. I was really impressed with the facilities for a campsite. First two nights I stayed in a 3 bed tent which was basic but comfortable then the final two nights was in a Superior Bungalow which are very new and amazing. Restaurant and bar are very good, with some amazing food and cheap drinks. There is a supermarket on site, laundry as well as a fantastic pool area with bar. All in all a great place to stay, if you stay h

I stayed in a 3 bedroom room hadn't been clean from prior guest (absolutely disgusting condition on arrival), cold showers in the ensuite & handles on the lockers were difficult to turn or didn't work resulting in poor security. Staff were not apologetic or overly helpful in having the room cleaned. Laundry service was 4.50 euros for washer & 4 euros for dryer Food at restaurant was average. Pool area & bar were reasonable A traveller was injured in the bar & not one staff member checked on

The staff here are mostly friendly. The security are efficient and helpful, but the registration desk sometimes suffer from inaccuracies when they get busy. The restaurant isn't used to accommodating special diets so they were a bit rude to a friend about that. On the other hand, amazing value for the cabins, and the upgrade had air conditioning. Shower was larger than I come to expect from Italy. Beautiful grounds, though way out of the city. Getting into town could be tough, even with shuttle.

• 30th Jul 2014

We only found out that there was actually a microwave and kettle that is in the Laundryroom after our stay, so that was a bit annoying. Location is not convenient at all to tour the city - even for day trips as the return trip always takes forever with the bus connections. Camp area is noisy as other travellers mistake tents for actual soundproof walls and the security and staff do nothing to assist keeping noise down during the night. Pool area is fantastic and the camp is nice in general.

We had a cabin. The shower did not work probably and the tempature was either boiling hot or cold. The people at the information desk are not very helpful and the people at the bar are a little rude. We asked for tap water so they went to the bathroom and got it out of the tap. The people at reception are lovely. It is a little out of town and the public transport is a little confusing.

Staying in the tents and we really enjoy the set up. You always have a bit of a walk to get to the toilet/shower blocks, but they are well maintained and clean. The camp really needs to have an onsite kitchen. Pool setup is fantastic and a great atmosphere. The worst thing about staying with this chain is the slow check-in time as you can wait up to and over an hour in line (really needs to be improved).

We enjoyed our stay in the bungalows and were very thankful for the solid roof when the rain came! The resturant was good and staff were helpful! Not far from bus to the metro. Thanks heaps.

Rome accommodation is expensive so plus roma camping was a good option. We stayed in a cute private cabin. Room was clean and had private bathroom. Bed and pillows were average. Restaurant served nice pizza but staff were not super friendly. Location was pretty far out of rome which meant you couldn't really duck home and shower and head out again because of the distance. Nice camping spot, pool was a bonus. Kitchen facility would have been nice.

We had a lovely stay at the camping plus roma, the toilets and showers were overall clean, the swimming pool area very enjoyable and the meals at the restaurant in the middle of the camping village tasty and not too expensive. We definitively recommand this accomodation!

• 24th Jul 2014

Cabins older style and a bit cramped, though air conditioned. It took a long time to checkin, 1/2 an hour in the hot sun. However staff were friendly and the meals were good quality and value. It is a fair way out of town, requires a bus and then, metro train to the city.

• 24th Jul 2014

Had to wait 20mins for a key after traveling sick all day. Got to my room only to discover I had no clean sheets or pillow case. So had to sleep with no linen. Was a bad stay, when I told staff in the morning they didn't apoligise, just told me what I did wrong. If I had a choice I wouldn't be back.

• 23rd Jul 2014

My stay here was really positive. I took my 11yr old nephew and we found it suited our needs perfectly. The bungalows were great, really good value and the air/con was a God send! The benches outside the bungalows were great too, as it meant we good eat, play board games and socialise all evening. Some of the other younger residents could get a bit noisy in the evenings but the security patrol ensured they were quiet and moved on by midnight. Pool great, restaurant good value. A great stay :)

Good place if you like people making noise into the early hours (4.30) or the ridiculously out of the way location. Restaurant and bar seemed ok and rooms were good standard.

Not the greatest location, check in takes forever and 'free wifi' never works. Aside from this, was a good atmosphere....

Bit far out from the city centre. Very busy time when we went as Busabout and Topdeck use this place, so lines for check in were very long and staff were frustrated. No wifi in the bungalows. Shower was either freezing cold or boiling hot. There was a pool which was good if you were not planning to go into the city and just chilling. Supermarket at the camping site which was convenient.

it is my sevond time to be there.As a result of construction,thetransportation is really difficult to access. I wouldn”t go there again unless it is finished

• 19th Jul 2014