PLUS Camping Roma Reviews

Via Aurelia Km. 8,2 nr. 831, 00165, Rome, Italy

We only found out that there was actually a microwave and kettle that is in the Laundryroom after our stay, so that was a bit annoying. Location is not convenient at all to tour the city - even for day trips as the return trip always takes forever with the bus connections. Camp area is noisy as other travellers mistake tents for actual soundproof walls and the security and staff do nothing to assist keeping noise down during the night. Pool area is fantastic and the camp is nice in general.

We had a cabin. The shower did not work probably and the tempature was either boiling hot or cold. The people at the information desk are not very helpful and the people at the bar are a little rude. We asked for tap water so they went to the bathroom and got it out of the tap. The people at reception are lovely. It is a little out of town and the public transport is a little confusing.

Staying in the tents and we really enjoy the set up. You always have a bit of a walk to get to the toilet/shower blocks, but they are well maintained and clean. The camp really needs to have an onsite kitchen. Pool setup is fantastic and a great atmosphere. The worst thing about staying with this chain is the slow check-in time as you can wait up to and over an hour in line (really needs to be improved).

We enjoyed our stay in the bungalows and were very thankful for the solid roof when the rain came! The resturant was good and staff were helpful! Not far from bus to the metro. Thanks heaps.

Rome accommodation is expensive so plus roma camping was a good option. We stayed in a cute private cabin. Room was clean and had private bathroom. Bed and pillows were average. Restaurant served nice pizza but staff were not super friendly. Location was pretty far out of rome which meant you couldn't really duck home and shower and head out again because of the distance. Nice camping spot, pool was a bonus. Kitchen facility would have been nice.

We had a lovely stay at the camping plus roma, the toilets and showers were overall clean, the swimming pool area very enjoyable and the meals at the restaurant in the middle of the camping village tasty and not too expensive. We definitively recommand this accomodation!

• 24th Jul 2014

Cabins older style and a bit cramped, though air conditioned. It took a long time to checkin, 1/2 an hour in the hot sun. However staff were friendly and the meals were good quality and value. It is a fair way out of town, requires a bus and then, metro train to the city.

• 24th Jul 2014

Had to wait 20mins for a key after traveling sick all day. Got to my room only to discover I had no clean sheets or pillow case. So had to sleep with no linen. Was a bad stay, when I told staff in the morning they didn't apoligise, just told me what I did wrong. If I had a choice I wouldn't be back.

• 23rd Jul 2014

My stay here was really positive. I took my 11yr old nephew and we found it suited our needs perfectly. The bungalows were great, really good value and the air/con was a God send! The benches outside the bungalows were great too, as it meant we good eat, play board games and socialise all evening. Some of the other younger residents could get a bit noisy in the evenings but the security patrol ensured they were quiet and moved on by midnight. Pool great, restaurant good value. A great stay :)

Good place if you like people making noise into the early hours (4.30) or the ridiculously out of the way location. Restaurant and bar seemed ok and rooms were good standard.

Not the greatest location, check in takes forever and 'free wifi' never works. Aside from this, was a good atmosphere....

Bit far out from the city centre. Very busy time when we went as Busabout and Topdeck use this place, so lines for check in were very long and staff were frustrated. No wifi in the bungalows. Shower was either freezing cold or boiling hot. There was a pool which was good if you were not planning to go into the city and just chilling. Supermarket at the camping site which was convenient.

it is my sevond time to be there.As a result of construction,thetransportation is really difficult to access. I wouldn”t go there again unless it is finished

• 19th Jul 2014
  • China

Staff are not helpful. Checkin and out lines are very very slow. You have to pay 3-6€/day to get into and around the city. Best to spend the extra and stay in the city itself. Cabins are nice and clean but just too far out

A bit out of town but easily accessible by public transport. I had a great time here in their tents, a great cheap accommodation option. Would stay here again

An ok place to stay. The tents are fine, but a little walk from the bathrooms. The location is inconvenient as a bus and train is needed to get into the centre of Rome. One thing that really irritated me was there wasn't any hand soap in any of the bathrooms - very unhygienic. Great pool area, and reasonably priced self-service laundry. Overall, a good choice if you're on a budget.

I stayed in a 2-man tent, and it was much larger than I expected, so that's a huge plus point. However, during the day the tent is extremely hot and stuffy. There's free wifi and power plugs available in the tents. Facilities in the camping ground are awesome (supermarket, swimming pool, etc.), although toilets may get very very dirty. The camping ground is located about 20 mins away from Roma Aurelia train station, which is good for me since I was Inter-railing.

This was a terrible place to stay. Staff are inefficient, myself and a friend booked a 'deluxe twin share bungalow' but when we arrived, someone else's luggage was already in there, a towel had been used and a sheet was missing. staff were thoroughly unhelpful and did not replace the towel or sheet. Wifi is terrible. The restaurant was good.

• 17th Jul 2014

Clothes washing facilities are useless. Restaurant and grounds are very clean and well kept.

For Rome, the price is ideal. I don't mind travelling to a place usually, but the public transport (after the metro) was so slow and the bus did not come very regularly, so it was always a nightmare to get back to the campsite. The shower facilities and proximity to a supermarket were good, unfortunately we found a MOUSE in our 2-bed tent & I noticed droppings that hadn't been cleaned when we arrived. Pretty disgusting & the staff couldn't even move us. Shame- would have been good otherwise!