PLUS Camping Roma Reviews

Via Aurelia Km. 8,2 nr. 831, 00165, Rome, Italy

Worst check in and staff ever, anywhere. Just painful to deal with their staff. You end up spending 30min travel each way into the city. But you would need to buy a metro pass in the city most likely anyway. Food shop just across the road but nowhere really to cook at. Bungalos are ok - for max 2 ppl.

I was in a 3 bed cabin with our own bathroom and aircon which was lovely! The campsite is great, with it's pool and bar, restaurant, laundry facilities and night club. It's quite far from Rome centre but they make it really easy for you to get there. They provide busses for 3euro return that take you to the metro by the Vatican. I really enjoyed my stay here. It's great for younger travellers like myself and even families and the food in the restaurant was fantastic!!

Stayed here twice in the same week through Busabout. This first stay was in a permanent tent. The mosquitoso were horrendous at this time and the gaps between the ground and the tent walls let bugs in. The area was quite noisy and the tent floor was dusty. Good laundry with plenty of machines. Couldn't get wifi in the tent. Good pool, restaurant and small shop, with free shuttle to large supermarket across the road.

Got bed bugs, not cool.

Very slow checkin process. Room was simple but needed nothing more. Aircon was a bonus during hot summer nights. Great restaurant and bar. Quite a distance from town but bus/taki ride not far.

• 10th Aug 2014

We were happy with the price of our tent, it's great that there's a restaurant, market and pool but the food at the restaraunt was disgusting

It is extremely far out from the city center, the staff took forever with check in, they even lost one of our bookings.

Perfect to stay. There is no music like other plus hostels when you decided to go bed. There is a Panorama front of the hostel which you can buy sth eat cheaply.

Great place and the atmosphere was good, but the location wasn't the best. Fair way out of the city so if you're planning on site seeing everyday id be looking at something closer to the Termini Station. Breakfast was very average for 5.50 Euro.

Restaurant - very good food and genuinely nice and efficient staff

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Poland

The room wasn't cleaned before our checkin (men's underware, soiled towels, rubbish everywhere & the floor was disgusting) When people checked out their sheets weren't changed. Reception staff weren't helpful about the cleanliness issues. The bar staff didn't care when a friend badly injured her knee after a few too many drinks & just turned the lights on & closed the bar. Then the security outside didn't believe she was injured & told her to move on. I was completely sober

It is so out of the way. On top of that, the staff gave me wrong directions to get to the hostel. In addition, when I checked in the room was already full - I wasn't compensated for the hour spent trekking around with my pack to get a room, when I needed to be up at 6 the next day.

• 2nd Aug 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights and it was perfect. Clean and good quality facilities, and even though it's a bit far from the city, there is a shuttle every hour from the campsite which takes you right to the Vatican. Pool is a bonus during summer. Overall, really good value for money.

Wifi was terrible and not accessible from our room

• 31st Jul 2014

Pretty nice camping, like the other plus ones! Pretty far from the city though, I would not recommend going there if you plan to stay for long in Rome!

Stayed here for 4 nights recently as I was doing a tour of the Amalfi Coast. I was really impressed with the facilities for a campsite. First two nights I stayed in a 3 bed tent which was basic but comfortable then the final two nights was in a Superior Bungalow which are very new and amazing. Restaurant and bar are very good, with some amazing food and cheap drinks. There is a supermarket on site, laundry as well as a fantastic pool area with bar. All in all a great place to stay, if you stay h

I stayed in a 3 bedroom room hadn't been clean from prior guest (absolutely disgusting condition on arrival), cold showers in the ensuite & handles on the lockers were difficult to turn or didn't work resulting in poor security. Staff were not apologetic or overly helpful in having the room cleaned. Laundry service was 4.50 euros for washer & 4 euros for dryer Food at restaurant was average. Pool area & bar were reasonable A traveller was injured in the bar & not one staff member checked on

The staff here are mostly friendly. The security are efficient and helpful, but the registration desk sometimes suffer from inaccuracies when they get busy. The restaurant isn't used to accommodating special diets so they were a bit rude to a friend about that. On the other hand, amazing value for the cabins, and the upgrade had air conditioning. Shower was larger than I come to expect from Italy. Beautiful grounds, though way out of the city. Getting into town could be tough, even with shuttle.

• 30th Jul 2014

We only found out that there was actually a microwave and kettle that is in the Laundryroom after our stay, so that was a bit annoying. Location is not convenient at all to tour the city - even for day trips as the return trip always takes forever with the bus connections. Camp area is noisy as other travellers mistake tents for actual soundproof walls and the security and staff do nothing to assist keeping noise down during the night. Pool area is fantastic and the camp is nice in general.

We had a cabin. The shower did not work probably and the tempature was either boiling hot or cold. The people at the information desk are not very helpful and the people at the bar are a little rude. We asked for tap water so they went to the bathroom and got it out of the tap. The people at reception are lovely. It is a little out of town and the public transport is a little confusing.