PLUS Camping Roma Reviews

Via Aurelia Km. 8,2 nr. 831, 00165, Rome, Italy

Very good value for money. It's not centralized and does not offer breakfast, however it has a very nice pool nice tents and has athe best price we could find. A bad point is, you can't get to the hotel after 12:00 by public trabsportation and we didn't find taxis. We had to walk for some kilometers late in the evening. If you don't mind going out at night or you're coming back before midnight this the best place.

I enjoyed the tents. Just clean and great for the price. The lock on my tent only worked from the inside though. Tent 1.

• 27th May 2015

The facilities are good and the bed is just about worth the money. It's too far from anything though and requires a bus/train/metro (sometimes all) to get anywhere. Atmosphere for a solo traveler was not the best, definitely suited for groups or families

One of the most amazing hostels we stayed in our 13 days trip to Europe..I stayed in Plus hostel in Venice as well which was equally good. The tourist information desk, printing area and shuttle bus service are the most appreciated services. Was little concerned about the quality of the quilt and bed linen provided, as I took tent to stay and at night it got very cold. Highly recommended!

• 20th May 2015
  • India

Location is a good 8.5km out of town and you need to catch a bus and metro so approx 30-40mins from city centre. There is a major supermarket across the road which is handy if you're travelling on the cheap. Staff were pretty average but accommodation is clean and there are lots of facilities available. Showers in the bungalows were pretty temperamental and difficult to get hot water at times and steady water pressure. Restaurant food is pretty average. Sufficient accomm for price paid.

Wifi was annoying as hell to stay connected to. The info point mostly just wanted to sell you tours. The supermarket there was reasonably priced. The restaurant was terrible. Staff was pretty accomadating-it waas cold so we asked for extra blankets and they delivered them right away. Bring earplugs if you're in a tent-those canvas walls won't block any of the noise from the highway and from surrounding tents. Farther out of town, but public transport was easy.

I was undecided about the length of my stay so I extended my stay on 2 separate occasions. The first time, the receptionist seemed irritated and was ignorant in booking me into another bungalow. At one point I was saying to her I don't mind if I have to switch bungalows, I just needed a place to sleep, and she put her hand up in front of my face and grumbled. I'm a solo traveler and was not settling into my trip too well as it was, so her attitude did not help.

The facilty itself was good. Rooms & ensuite were clean. Great atmosphere! Beautiful spot. Staff at the check-in desk were extremely slow & unfriendly but other than that a great place.

• 17th May 2015
  • South Africa

One of my absolute favourite stays! All of the staff at the bar were just so lovely and extremely welcoming! I would absolutely recommend it to anyone!

• 17th May 2015

Great budget hostel/camping sites for groups. Wouldn't recommend staying here for longer than 3-4 days. Basic tents are fine, but expect to hear everything your neighbours are doing and the highway close by. The site's services such as the restaurant, cafe, bus shuttle to Vatican City and to the airport were awesome and made things a lot more simple.

Everything's just good except poor wifi but can be satisfied!!

Small and hott

Pros: Cheap for Rome. Pretty close to bus stop and train, so can easily get into the city. Also, fairly frequent shuttles to the Vatican museums. Fairly good restaurant. Cons: Terrible directions to the hostel; you're not told which bus stop to get off at. Not a very social scene because people are mostly in groups. Staff never responded to my email about the pedestrian bridge and shuttle info.

The tents are literally tents right beside a main highway. But for €6 it's a stew. Good ear plugs are a must as you can hear cars all night, ambulances and people talking next door

Wifi in the tents is really bad. location is pretty inconvenient too if you don't plan on using public transportation.

Very noisy..Cramped cabin.

• 13th May 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Its a little ways away, but a bus does come right by the hostel, I stayed in a 3 bed bungalo and really enjoyed it. The restaurant on the property was of good value and served great food. Altogether a very good experience in Rome.

It was very out of the way and took a long time to get into the city itself. The bathrooms were very nice, clean and looked fairly new. The staff on the other hand gave me the wrong directions frequently and because of this I almost missed one of my tours. The Camp store had decent prices and was close enough to make it worth your while to stop in.

Staff was great and very helpful with whatever I needed. Stayed in a bungalow with one other which was comfy and clean. Have everything there from restaurant to grocery store. It's a little outside Rome's centre, but transit makes it very easy and quick to get back and forth. Definitely get your money's worth from this place.

There was no pool.