PLUS Camping Roma Reviews

Via Aurelia Km. 8,2 nr. 831, 00165, Rome, Italy

Great atmosphere and good restaurant and shop. The rooms are pretty average - Shower tap was really difficult to use - was either really hot or freezing cold. The air conditioner was really temperamental, didn't work properly.

Very fun atmosphere, lots of people around and good food and drinks. Also very easy to do washing!

I had to wait one hour to check in and there were only six people in front of me!!! Although it was a nice place to stay I highly doubt I will ever go back.

The shuttle service to/from the vatican was really good. Wifi only available around the restaurant area which could do with some outdoor lighting for the evenings.

The women at reception were lovely. However somrbmen who waited tables at the restaurant seemed to think they were all apart of some boys club, it wasn't a nice mentality I feel. Not all of them but some were rude too.

The shower was absolutely freezing and the air conditioner was difficult to use.

Water in the bungalow was freezing.

We had some difficulty booking a bungalow and unfortunately had to stay in the tents. Unfortunately- because the noise coming from the young ones in the late hours of the night was unfair.

• 10th Jun 2015

Standard camping ground. Food at the bar is ok but over priced, but there's a supermarket over the road. Only real negative is that it's a bit out of town. Other than that, nothing bad to report

Check in takes way way to long

I wasn't very satisfied with the receptionists, as they were too slow. I always needed to wait for about 20mins in the queue, sometimes I decided to ask them later when I didn't want to wait too long. Also, receptionists shouldn't answer the phone as long as the people are waiting on the line. The people in the information point didn't know any events coming in Rome. Anything else was perfect and I have enjoyed my stay. But you should provide a fridge for the quests.

• 9th Jun 2015
  • Lithuania

Great place to stay on a budget. A little far out from town which may not be worth it for some, but it was over all a great stay.

An hour and half wait to check in

• 7th Jun 2015

Everything about this Hostel was great, the staff were very helpful and friendly. The only thing I missed was a guest Kitchen.

• 7th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Its okay for a bed to rest your head for the night but is rather spend a couple of extra euros and be in the city with more and better facilities.

Took over an hour and a half to check in, and even then they sent me to the wrong room. The staff do not care and are unhelpful. Facilities are basic, asked numerous times about hot water and air con not working. Location presents challenges as well.

Fantastic value for money. Unlike other campsites I stayed at, the tents have sockets inside. The facilities are great with a swimming pool, laundromat, bar and shop. There is also a large supermarket across the road and free WiFi which worked in our tent. Transport to the centre is only €1.50 with ticket including both bus and Metro (although bus service is a little sparse on Sundays). Overall, a great place to stay!

You need to supply a fridge! We are backpackers and we have food with us. We had to throw some out because we couldn't keep it cold also, I am a diabetic and I had to get the reception staff to put my medication in a fridge somewhere out the back. I needed to freeze the cold pack to put in the bag for travel and the reception girl only put it in the fridge as her English wasn't great and I don't speak any Italian. This would not be an issue if you had a public fridge/ freezer.

I experienced living in a tent first time in my life. The weather was nice, pool awesome, friendly atmosphere.

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Lithuania

Although it was difficult to get to, it's nice to have somewhere outside of the city centre for a bit of a break. We had three nights in the centre of Rome before coming out to Plus Camping, and it was just what we needed. Lounged by the pool, had a decent feed at the onsite restaurant and a good sleep in our cabin. Would recommend, if you're willing to be outside of the city of Rome.