PLUS Camping Roma Reviews

Via Aurelia Km. 8,2 nr. 831, 00165, Rome, Italy

I stayed in the shared tents and they are adequate for a short stay. They are hot during the day, but at night they cool down and are comfortable for sleeping. The shared toilets and showers are clean and there are lots of them. The location is a fair way out of town. There is a free shuttle, but if you are there for a few days and wanting to see the big sights, Id recommend staying closer to town. The restaurant and pool are great for relaxing after a big day. The staff are friendly and helpful

Everything was just perfecto! Every youth should stay in plus camping roma. But cafe/restaurant prices was high. Allother things was worth paid. Pool was amazing too, 100 points from me!

receptionists were very friendly the guy at the info point though, a different story. it depends on his mood. when there are many people, his manner may seem pretty rude, as he seems disinterested in answering your queries. toilets were cleaned regularly, which was good. but may need a renovation to make them more comfortable and cleaner looking. tents were okay. but it'll be better under the shed, as it gets really hot when the sun is out.

Excellent place to stay if your happy with a camping ground. Good facilities, nice restaurant and a swimming pool and bar!!

This is a great campsite! However, it is so far out from the centre of Rome. My friend and myself experienced trouble trying to find the campsite, the directions weren't clear enough and this resulted in us being lost for a total of 3 hours. I didn't feel safe at all on the metro system, it wasn't patrolled enough. The bus was always packed in the evening (246 for reference) and is very easy to hitchhike on. Via Aurelia, is a dual carriageway and is quite unsafe. However, I'd give 4 stars.

Its pretty far from the centre, but they dont tell you theres a train station like 2 seconds down the road. The reception is constantly busy, when its hot its not good. We stayed in a tent, 1 plug socket was broken & waking up with the heat is so painful and nights can be cold. The resturant isn't great, they have 2 choices of wine, red or white. The bars full of drunk teens and pop music by night. Its really clean but the shop is shut like half the day! It wasn't bad, just too hot!!!

Nightmare! Reception staff are thugs! Inspite of 2 nights booking with advance part pymt, we were forcefully checked out 10.30 am on 2nd day & re-checkin at 1.45 pm..Wasted 3 hrs. And same room given! Evening when we came back from city tour, there were other guests when we opened the door! LOL. We were again then forcefully made to check in other room because the guests were a part of a big group wanting to stay together in nearby bungalows. How rude is that being made to shift room at night.

• 29th Jun 2014
  • India
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Great place and value for money it's just a little hard to get to. But once your there it has all the amenities plus some. Loved sitting by the pool with a bucket of cocktails would recommend it :)

I thought that Plus Camping Roma was an overall good hostel. The location was not great but easy enough to get to with the transit system. Had a grocery store on site which was convenient and great bar to meet people!

Very good hostel for how cheap it was! Bit out of the city centre but public transport was right outside the front. Only real hassle was that wi-fi didn't reach all the rooms and we had a leaky toilet which didn't get fixed in the 4 days we were there so we were constantly having to switch towels to try and keep it from flooding the whole bathroom floor.

WiFi was a disgrace. Hardly worked at all. We were warned about people breaking in and stealing peoples stuff, so you have a reputation (a BAD one).

I had a cold shower the morning I left. I didn't have time to ask the staff about it so maybe there was something that could have been fixed. The accommodation is very basic and the location is 8km from the city, you have to take a bus and then train into town. It was convenient for the tour I did though (Busabout) which began from the campgrounds. I had paid a % of the total cost to secure the booking but when I paid on check-out they didn't include this therefore I overpaid by 7 Euro :(

• 22nd Jun 2014

The campsite was a great place to stay. The restaurant food was delicious, staff were lovely to deal with. I took a day trip to Pompeii with the tour desk and was so cheap and easy to book. I had a bungalow with an ensuite to myself it was spacious and clean. The trip into town took awhile, maybe 45min depending on the wait for the bus. It was easy enough and you can also take a camp shuttle to the Cipro stop for €3 return if you don't want to use the public bus.

• New Zealand

Check in was a horrible, slow process. This needs to be improved. Facilities in terms of restaurant, shopping centre, pool, bar etc were fantastic!

Loved staying here! Bar is a lot of fun, and the mini market is really great. It's a little out of the way but there are regular buses into the city.

• 22nd Jun 2014

Stayed in a cabin with bunks & a single, ok for 2 but would have been cramped with 3. good facilities shower &. Air con Liked the awning & picnic bench outside - shared between 2 units. Drinks expensive..Shuttle bus from airport Shuttle bus for 20 minute trip into city 3 euros return - good but last one back is about 6pm. Can get metro then bus back but the metro stations are quiet & spooky late at night. Beware of youths working in pairs getting on metro, blocking way and picking pockets/bags

Unable to sleep due to noise. Found it a struggle to attend early booked tours in city as Roma too far out of town. It took over 45 mins to check in

not enough attention payed to noise control absolutely no sound proofing between walls check in line out of control beds not made(or unmade from last Tenent)

Great place to stay. Bathrooms could have been better cleaned, but in saying that there is a lot of people using them.

The restaurant here is terrible. The food is well below average and everything is either bland or reheated in the microwave - do not eat here! We got served a cold pork fillet (€13!) which they then put in the microwave to fix! There was no way we were eating it, so we got a pizza which was watery :( Desk staff are very slow

• 11th Jun 2014