PLUS Camping Roma Reviews

Via Aurelia Km. 8,2 nr. 831, 00165, Rome, Italy

Rome accommodation is expensive so plus roma camping was a good option. We stayed in a cute private cabin. Room was clean and had private bathroom. Bed and pillows were average. Restaurant served nice pizza but staff were not super friendly. Location was pretty far out of rome which meant you couldn't really duck home and shower and head out again because of the distance. Nice camping spot, pool was a bonus. Kitchen facility would have been nice.

We had a lovely stay at the camping plus roma, the toilets and showers were overall clean, the swimming pool area very enjoyable and the meals at the restaurant in the middle of the camping village tasty and not too expensive. We definitively recommand this accomodation!

• 24th Jul 2014

Cabins older style and a bit cramped, though air conditioned. It took a long time to checkin, 1/2 an hour in the hot sun. However staff were friendly and the meals were good quality and value. It is a fair way out of town, requires a bus and then, metro train to the city.

• 24th Jul 2014

Had to wait 20mins for a key after traveling sick all day. Got to my room only to discover I had no clean sheets or pillow case. So had to sleep with no linen. Was a bad stay, when I told staff in the morning they didn't apoligise, just told me what I did wrong. If I had a choice I wouldn't be back.

• 23rd Jul 2014

My stay here was really positive. I took my 11yr old nephew and we found it suited our needs perfectly. The bungalows were great, really good value and the air/con was a God send! The benches outside the bungalows were great too, as it meant we good eat, play board games and socialise all evening. Some of the other younger residents could get a bit noisy in the evenings but the security patrol ensured they were quiet and moved on by midnight. Pool great, restaurant good value. A great stay :)

Good place if you like people making noise into the early hours (4.30) or the ridiculously out of the way location. Restaurant and bar seemed ok and rooms were good standard.

Not the greatest location, check in takes forever and 'free wifi' never works. Aside from this, was a good atmosphere....

Bit far out from the city centre. Very busy time when we went as Busabout and Topdeck use this place, so lines for check in were very long and staff were frustrated. No wifi in the bungalows. Shower was either freezing cold or boiling hot. There was a pool which was good if you were not planning to go into the city and just chilling. Supermarket at the camping site which was convenient.

it is my sevond time to be there.As a result of construction,thetransportation is really difficult to access. I wouldn”t go there again unless it is finished

• 19th Jul 2014
  • China

Staff are not helpful. Checkin and out lines are very very slow. You have to pay 3-6€/day to get into and around the city. Best to spend the extra and stay in the city itself. Cabins are nice and clean but just too far out

the camp is good and u can find everything u need inside -supermarket , bar, restaurant, swimmingpool- the only problem is the location which is not easy to reach specially with the horrible transportation system in Rome

A bit out of town but easily accessible by public transport. I had a great time here in their tents, a great cheap accommodation option. Would stay here again

An ok place to stay. The tents are fine, but a little walk from the bathrooms. The location is inconvenient as a bus and train is needed to get into the centre of Rome. One thing that really irritated me was there wasn't any hand soap in any of the bathrooms - very unhygienic. Great pool area, and reasonably priced self-service laundry. Overall, a good choice if you're on a budget.

I stayed in a 2-man tent, and it was much larger than I expected, so that's a huge plus point. However, during the day the tent is extremely hot and stuffy. There's free wifi and power plugs available in the tents. Facilities in the camping ground are awesome (supermarket, swimming pool, etc.), although toilets may get very very dirty. The camping ground is located about 20 mins away from Roma Aurelia train station, which is good for me since I was Inter-railing.

This was a terrible place to stay. Staff are inefficient, myself and a friend booked a 'deluxe twin share bungalow' but when we arrived, someone else's luggage was already in there, a towel had been used and a sheet was missing. staff were thoroughly unhelpful and did not replace the towel or sheet. Wifi is terrible. The restaurant was good.

• 17th Jul 2014

Clothes washing facilities are useless. Restaurant and grounds are very clean and well kept.

For Rome, the price is ideal. I don't mind travelling to a place usually, but the public transport (after the metro) was so slow and the bus did not come very regularly, so it was always a nightmare to get back to the campsite. The shower facilities and proximity to a supermarket were good, unfortunately we found a MOUSE in our 2-bed tent & I noticed droppings that hadn't been cleaned when we arrived. Pretty disgusting & the staff couldn't even move us. Shame- would have been good otherwise!

Great value hostel. The facilities are fantastic. Fair trek into town if you want to do Rome sight seeing. But the shuttle service to and from the airport is handy.

The men's public showers were not particularly clean. The clothes drying machines don't really work and you pay 4euros, which is a lot when it doesn't even do the job properly. A third of the machines weren't working.

This campsite has everything you could possibly require in a campsite and more in abundance. The facilities are clean and kept up to a high quality, there is plenty to do, and they are always keen to help you find your way around Rome. The only downside is it is a long way outside of Rome and so travelling can be quite frustrating.