PLUS Camping Roma Reviews

Via Aurelia Km. 8,2 nr. 831, 00165, Rome, Italy

Great place to stay. Bathrooms could have been better cleaned, but in saying that there is a lot of people using them.

The restaurant here is terrible. The food is well below average and everything is either bland or reheated in the microwave - do not eat here! We got served a cold pork fillet (€13!) which they then put in the microwave to fix! There was no way we were eating it, so we got a pizza which was watery :( Desk staff are very slow

• 11th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

The location is not the best, but it is a camp, so you cannot expect to be in the city center. But it is easy to get there. You have a swimming pool :) It is worth the money.

I was happy with my stay at camping Roma. The checkin actually took forever and it was pretty sweltering hot so that wasn't fun. The tents were pretty good and cheap. The bathrooms were always messy except for about 6am although one morning they were shut for cleaning, a bit of a stupid time. There was almost never any toilet paper. Handy having a market on camping grounds and across the road. The transport is easy to use and there is a shuttle.

It was just like a caravan park is meant to be.

i was so surprised that a campingsite could feel so luxury. i had a bungalow with my own bathroom and aircon and i really liked it :) will come back for sure!

• 8th Jun 2014

It's far away from city center although in my opinion, the atmosphere and facilities were almost perfect.

The place was fun. The pool was only open until 7, but during summer hours it's open until 10 (they don't say when summer starts though). Tents heated up quickly in the morning, but that's the worst of it. The staff were awesome, the bar was fun, and all the people staying there were a blast to hang out with. I'd stay there again for sure, but spend the money on the bungalow.

Well positioned, comfortable accommodation, with all the facilities we needed at a good price. Value for money, thanks.

• 7th Jun 2014

Hostel was quite far out of town so travelling time was quite long. When we got there we had to wait about half an hour before the staff would see to us as they were counting their money. Seemed a very inefficient way to go about business. The restaurant was good, thankfully because there is nothing else close by. Room was nice and clean but a bit cramped. We had a cabin that was on the main road so it was very noisey as people were pulling their suitcases over a cobbled path at all hours.

I shared in a bungalow with a couple who were quite disrespectful with me being in the room, I was glad I only stayed there one night. I think if couples are staying they should expect that extra people are sharing the facilities.

• 5th Jun 2014

This place is a large campgrounds about an hours worth of public transportation from the city and maybe longer to the city. You share a tent and some bunk beds with a couple other people. There is wifi all over the grounds but it's a bit spotty. Large community bath house with hot showers. Laundry facilities €8.5. I ended freezing the first night because it's just a tent...in June. If you're looking to save money and plan on buying a metro pass. You need to take a train and bus from the center.

Great hostel, great price, loved the tents

• 4th Jun 2014

I enjoyed staying here, it was great having the pool

Good things: Information booth staff very helpful and can sell public transport tickets, open good hours. Market on site has reasonable prices. Bad things: Terrible wifi availability. Often no hot water in bungalows. Staff at restaurant very rude.

There are no lockers or safes in the shared tents. There is only one bathroom area far from the tent area where I was. I stayed for 5 days and the cleaning people only emptied the full trash once and didn't clean the other beds that where dirty in the room after the others had left. The bus is about a 10-15 min walk and you are far out of downtown . There is a small market on the sight but open only a few hours a day and closed from 11:30 til 17:00

Place is awesome. We stayed in tents which was awesome for the budget and they were pretty cool. Bad location though. Can't walk anywhere even of you wanted too. Metro than bus is the only was there and away.

• 2nd Jun 2014

Great place to live in rome if you are in budget trip. You get a lamb at the front of your bed and your own charger as well. Wifi reception is good. There is a big supermarket opposite to the camp site. Stable hot water provided.

Wasn't very happy with an over zealous guard (Saturday night) who rather than have a couple of people sitting outside the bar late at night after it had closed - quietly chatting ordered us to sit amongst the cabins where there was a possibility of us disturbing fellow patrons - totally uncalled for and he was quite RUDE and THREATENING.. Not a good advertisement for your venue ..

it is a little far from city but the facilities are good. There is free wifi connection even outside the tents (i think this is very important). Its a little cold at night in tents but if you have warm cloths it will be ok.