PLUS Camping Roma Reviews

Via Aurelia Km. 8,2 nr. 831, 00165, Rome, Italy

The facilty itself was good. Rooms & ensuite were clean. Great atmosphere! Beautiful spot. Staff at the check-in desk were extremely slow & unfriendly but other than that a great place.

• 17th May 2015
  • South Africa

One of my absolute favourite stays! All of the staff at the bar were just so lovely and extremely welcoming! I would absolutely recommend it to anyone!

Great budget hostel/camping sites for groups. Wouldn't recommend staying here for longer than 3-4 days. Basic tents are fine, but expect to hear everything your neighbours are doing and the highway close by. The site's services such as the restaurant, cafe, bus shuttle to Vatican City and to the airport were awesome and made things a lot more simple.

Everything's just good except poor wifi but can be satisfied!!

Small and hott

Pros: Cheap for Rome. Pretty close to bus stop and train, so can easily get into the city. Also, fairly frequent shuttles to the Vatican museums. Fairly good restaurant. Cons: Terrible directions to the hostel; you're not told which bus stop to get off at. Not a very social scene because people are mostly in groups. Staff never responded to my email about the pedestrian bridge and shuttle info.

The tents are literally tents right beside a main highway. But for €6 it's a stew. Good ear plugs are a must as you can hear cars all night, ambulances and people talking next door

Wifi in the tents is really bad. location is pretty inconvenient too if you don't plan on using public transportation.

Very noisy..Cramped cabin.

• 13th May 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Its a little ways away, but a bus does come right by the hostel, I stayed in a 3 bed bungalo and really enjoyed it. The restaurant on the property was of good value and served great food. Altogether a very good experience in Rome.

It was very out of the way and took a long time to get into the city itself. The bathrooms were very nice, clean and looked fairly new. The staff on the other hand gave me the wrong directions frequently and because of this I almost missed one of my tours. The Camp store had decent prices and was close enough to make it worth your while to stop in.

Staff was great and very helpful with whatever I needed. Stayed in a bungalow with one other which was comfy and clean. Have everything there from restaurant to grocery store. It's a little outside Rome's centre, but transit makes it very easy and quick to get back and forth. Definitely get your money's worth from this place.

There was no pool.

I loved this place. It was my first hostel and I was there for over a week. Plenty of time to get to know people and see everything there is around the hostel. Rome was amazing and I am glad I stayed here. Toga parties every few nights and the bartenders are all great guys. The restaurant makes some pretty decent food. The only thing I was not so hot on was how far away from the city center it was. To me it wasn't a huge deal to travel 30 minutes in the morning every morning. Enjoyed my time!

• 6th May 2015

The staff are great,specially the security guards, and the room also interesting just little bit cold at night, but only one thing, it is too far from centre:(, unless you have car, here will be a good choice!

Best option if you're travelling on a budget. Stayed in the 2 p. private tents & toured Pompeii. A little out of the way, as you'd expect for a camping site. Getting there can be hard. Used all 3 blankets as the tent got very cold at night. Showers tend to be cold if you shower late in the day. Tents are lockable, but still felt the need to hide our valuables. Restaurant is excellent value for money. Staff are all exceptional- especially the shuttle driver & restaurant staff.

The bus station is in front of the entrance, however you have to walk a massive detour as the passenger bridge is closed. The center of the area is a constuction site, no pool or relaxing area available. Untill these two issues are not solved I can't recommend this location.

My sister and I had a great stay at Plus Camping Roma! We had a two person private tent. It had a floor, electricity and lights, and a sliding door with a lock. Simple, but comfortable. The bathrooms were convenient and clean. It is far from the city center, but pretty easy to get there by bus and metro. The bus drops you off across the street (highway, really), but there is a pathway that guides you up over a bridge and down to the site. The staff were accommodating and friendly.

Actually, I had to cancel my trip to Rome. I e-mailed the hostel in advance and they were very quick and polite in canceling my reservation with no charge. I plan a trip later and will book with them again.

You should provide more bed sheets when the weather it's cold! I had cold my 3 nights there