PLUS Camping Roma Reviews

Via Aurelia Km. 8,2 nr. 831, 00165, Rome, Italy

I thought that Plus Camping Roma was an overall good hostel. The location was not great but easy enough to get to with the transit system. Had a grocery store on site which was convenient and great bar to meet people!

Very good hostel for how cheap it was! Bit out of the city centre but public transport was right outside the front. Only real hassle was that wi-fi didn't reach all the rooms and we had a leaky toilet which didn't get fixed in the 4 days we were there so we were constantly having to switch towels to try and keep it from flooding the whole bathroom floor.

WiFi was a disgrace. Hardly worked at all. We were warned about people breaking in and stealing peoples stuff, so you have a reputation (a BAD one).

I had a cold shower the morning I left. I didn't have time to ask the staff about it so maybe there was something that could have been fixed. The accommodation is very basic and the location is 8km from the city, you have to take a bus and then train into town. It was convenient for the tour I did though (Busabout) which began from the campgrounds. I had paid a % of the total cost to secure the booking but when I paid on check-out they didn't include this therefore I overpaid by 7 Euro :(

• 22nd Jun 2014

The campsite was a great place to stay. The restaurant food was delicious, staff were lovely to deal with. I took a day trip to Pompeii with the tour desk and was so cheap and easy to book. I had a bungalow with an ensuite to myself it was spacious and clean. The trip into town took awhile, maybe 45min depending on the wait for the bus. It was easy enough and you can also take a camp shuttle to the Cipro stop for €3 return if you don't want to use the public bus.

• New Zealand

Check in was a horrible, slow process. This needs to be improved. Facilities in terms of restaurant, shopping centre, pool, bar etc were fantastic!

Loved staying here! Bar is a lot of fun, and the mini market is really great. It's a little out of the way but there are regular buses into the city.

• 22nd Jun 2014

Stayed in a cabin with bunks & a single, ok for 2 but would have been cramped with 3. good facilities shower &. Air con Liked the awning & picnic bench outside - shared between 2 units. Drinks expensive..Shuttle bus from airport Shuttle bus for 20 minute trip into city 3 euros return - good but last one back is about 6pm. Can get metro then bus back but the metro stations are quiet & spooky late at night. Beware of youths working in pairs getting on metro, blocking way and picking pockets/bags

Unable to sleep due to noise. Found it a struggle to attend early booked tours in city as Roma too far out of town. It took over 45 mins to check in

not enough attention payed to noise control absolutely no sound proofing between walls check in line out of control beds not made(or unmade from last Tenent)

Great place to stay. Bathrooms could have been better cleaned, but in saying that there is a lot of people using them.

The restaurant here is terrible. The food is well below average and everything is either bland or reheated in the microwave - do not eat here! We got served a cold pork fillet (€13!) which they then put in the microwave to fix! There was no way we were eating it, so we got a pizza which was watery :( Desk staff are very slow

• 11th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

The location is not the best, but it is a camp, so you cannot expect to be in the city center. But it is easy to get there. You have a swimming pool :) It is worth the money.

I was happy with my stay at camping Roma. The checkin actually took forever and it was pretty sweltering hot so that wasn't fun. The tents were pretty good and cheap. The bathrooms were always messy except for about 6am although one morning they were shut for cleaning, a bit of a stupid time. There was almost never any toilet paper. Handy having a market on camping grounds and across the road. The transport is easy to use and there is a shuttle.

It was just like a caravan park is meant to be.

i was so surprised that a campingsite could feel so luxury. i had a bungalow with my own bathroom and aircon and i really liked it :) will come back for sure!

• 8th Jun 2014

It's far away from city center although in my opinion, the atmosphere and facilities were almost perfect.

The place was fun. The pool was only open until 7, but during summer hours it's open until 10 (they don't say when summer starts though). Tents heated up quickly in the morning, but that's the worst of it. The staff were awesome, the bar was fun, and all the people staying there were a blast to hang out with. I'd stay there again for sure, but spend the money on the bungalow.

Well positioned, comfortable accommodation, with all the facilities we needed at a good price. Value for money, thanks.

• 7th Jun 2014

Hostel was quite far out of town so travelling time was quite long. When we got there we had to wait about half an hour before the staff would see to us as they were counting their money. Seemed a very inefficient way to go about business. The restaurant was good, thankfully because there is nothing else close by. Room was nice and clean but a bit cramped. We had a cabin that was on the main road so it was very noisey as people were pulling their suitcases over a cobbled path at all hours.