PLUS Camping Roma Reviews

Via Aurelia Km. 8,2 nr. 831, 00165, Rome, Italy

This place is a large campgrounds about an hours worth of public transportation from the city and maybe longer to the city. You share a tent and some bunk beds with a couple other people. There is wifi all over the grounds but it's a bit spotty. Large community bath house with hot showers. Laundry facilities €8.5. I ended freezing the first night because it's just a tent...in June. If you're looking to save money and plan on buying a metro pass. You need to take a train and bus from the center.

Great hostel, great price, loved the tents

• 4th Jun 2014

I enjoyed staying here, it was great having the pool

Good things: Information booth staff very helpful and can sell public transport tickets, open good hours. Market on site has reasonable prices. Bad things: Terrible wifi availability. Often no hot water in bungalows. Staff at restaurant very rude.

There are no lockers or safes in the shared tents. There is only one bathroom area far from the tent area where I was. I stayed for 5 days and the cleaning people only emptied the full trash once and didn't clean the other beds that where dirty in the room after the others had left. The bus is about a 10-15 min walk and you are far out of downtown . There is a small market on the sight but open only a few hours a day and closed from 11:30 til 17:00

Place is awesome. We stayed in tents which was awesome for the budget and they were pretty cool. Bad location though. Can't walk anywhere even of you wanted too. Metro than bus is the only was there and away.

• 2nd Jun 2014

Great place to live in rome if you are in budget trip. You get a lamb at the front of your bed and your own charger as well. Wifi reception is good. There is a big supermarket opposite to the camp site. Stable hot water provided.

Wasn't very happy with an over zealous guard (Saturday night) who rather than have a couple of people sitting outside the bar late at night after it had closed - quietly chatting ordered us to sit amongst the cabins where there was a possibility of us disturbing fellow patrons - totally uncalled for and he was quite RUDE and THREATENING.. Not a good advertisement for your venue ..

it is a little far from city but the facilities are good. There is free wifi connection even outside the tents (i think this is very important). Its a little cold at night in tents but if you have warm cloths it will be ok.

The wifi is horrible, I could not access it at all. Some staff were very nice and helpful, others couldn't care less, which is disappointing. I stayed the night before a public holiday and there was no notification about changes to the buses. It would have been smart to offer more regular shuttle trips into Rome on this kind of day, I met a lot of people who were affected by the lack of transport options from camping roma. Check out could expedited.

• 29th May 2014

I stayed many hostels,hotels,camping areas during my Europe tour. But here is most beautiful places i have been. Thank u for everything guys

It's a nice place to stay. not far from the city center. There are so many backpackers stay here.if I visit Rome again, I will stay here again.

The ensuite double was clean, comfortable and reasonably priced. Woman at information point was not very helpful, and gave bare minimum answers offering no further advice or showing any interest. Other than that we enjoyed our stay at camping Roma. Getting into city requires a 10-30min bus (depending on traffic) and tthen metro.

A bit far from the main tourist areas, but their shuttle drops you off close to the metro. Friendly staff and good facilities. Can be a bit loud at night.

Stay here! Too much bang for your buck in Rome

• 26th May 2014

Bungalow made everything very damp. It's a fun atmosphere and convenient that it has a bar and restaurant on site because it is way too far out of the city to go out at night. Had to take a bus, then subway, then bus to get there which cost 6 or 7 euros and took 2 hours. I would definitely pay the 12 euros for the shuttle if I did it again. Campground feels safe but the area surrounding it doesn't.

good wifi eevrywere, tents near roud - a lot of noice

Our room was very clean. However we booked a double bed room and were given a room with single bunks. This was okay as we were only staying one night. The hostel was very far from the main sights of Rome and quite difficult to get to. The bar and restaurant were great and the staff were helpful and friendly. Handy that there is a supermarket in the hostel also.

• 22nd May 2014

Cabins were comfortable and air conditioning beautiful! Bit of a mission to get into town but buses and metro runs regularly

There are no lockers - the ones offered at reception are small and not very secure. The restaurant isn't very good so I would advise eating in Rome! I wish there were some cooking facilities because of the cheap supermarket across the road. Reception made a big deal about having our wristbands for entry to the site late at night but no one ever checked.

• 21st May 2014