PLUS Florence Reviews

Via Santa Caterina d'Alessandra 17, Florence, Italy

only problem while on the hostel is that during the night in the fifth floor seems that there is a lack of water. Some people ran our of water while taking a shower and they had to go to de bathroom in front of the reception to finish or better shower there

Air conditioning wasn't cold enough, roommates and I couldn't sleep well, mosquitos within the room made it much worse The showers weren't working at all, no water coming out, we complained but the staff couldn't do anything (they were nice, thankfully), most of us ended up showering at the first floor's bathroom by the internet corner. The toilets in the room had no lock so no privacy whatsoever.

Location was a bit far from city center (about 10-15 minute walk to the duomo) but far enough to make it affordable. The wifi was spotty and dropped often but still offered in rooms. Many people passing through so easy to meet people if you are trying to and staff was helpful in any way they could be.

• 16th May 2015

Totally easy to get there from the train station. Perfectly located for a walk into the historic centre for exploring and sightseeing. Helpful and friendly staff. Could hear other people in their rooms over night and had a squeaking bed, which might be annoying for the others in the dorm. Other than that the hostel is perfect for a city trip/ weekend.

Staff was very nice and made check-in easy. The first night there weren't many people hanging around the common areas so hard to meet people, but the second night people were more social and meet people to go out for the night with. Clean hostel and easy walking distance to all of the parts of the city you want to see and easy walking to the train station. It's a very big hostel so is more hotel-like, but I would still recommend for a good, clean, nice place to spend a few nights in Florence.

It's quite accessible, and is about a 15 minute walk to the Duomo. But know that it is a very large hostel and can be quite rowdy. A mixed crowd - everything from elementary school kids, to full families, to party raging teens. My first night my bed was very caved in and it was missing a few support bars (was the top bunk) so it was a terrible night. But the second night I switched beds and it was better. The rooftop patio is really nice.

Located about a few blocks away from Firenze S.M.N station, easy access to anywhere in Italy or elsewhere. Close (walking distance) to any sights fo Florence, no need for public transportation. Excellet facilities, clean beds and rooms... not too noisy at night and perfect for people who want to relax.

There were huge groups of teenagers and some younger kids there on school trips, more than 3 groups of more than 30 over the week I was there. They were very loud and made the atmosphere more like camp. I was also completely assaulted by mosquitoes while there. They cleaned the bathrooms everyday. The laundry and restaurant facilities were good. The wifi was fast when it worked, but the login system was strange and often down. It also kicked me out every hour.

• 6th May 2015

This is a very large hostel, so in my opinion it lacks the atmosphere that you get in smaller places but it is good value for money, well located, safe, clean and it offers tours and activities as well. Comfortable dorms that are spacious. They have a great rooftop space, however it isn't utilised to its full potential!

Amazing facilities. Pool etc, sun roof. Only downside was the heat in the rooms and how the bar shut at 11, I know it sounds late but by the time you get back after a walk round Florence at night it's already past 11pm. Great place to stay if you want to tour Florence though!

The hostel was great. I stayed new building, it was clean and has enough space. triple room has separated toilet-shower, they also have 2 sink, one with toilet, the other one with showerbooth. so in the morning, we can prepare quickly, its really helpful!! But in this room, there is only 1 problem. A room is too noisy coz traffic outside of building. Windows can not block any noise, so I couldn't sleep well. except this, I highly recommend !

Awesome hostel for a private room. The lockers in our room had locks that could rotate and could be easily compromised. That's a major issue that needs to be addressed. Also, bag drop prior to check in was just a room that anybody could access.

This is more a hotel. It does not have the atmosphere of a hostel; however the prices are good and the facilities were great. Too fancy on my opinion however it was worthy by the price. I had some issues with my keycard several times, that was the only thing that I didn't like.

Facilities like the pool, sauna and 6 euro buffet breakfast were incredible, but other than that nothing too amazing. Area is about 15 mins walk from most central sites.

The wifi was kind of weird but other than that it was a great hostel. Near everything and overall a really good stay. The terrace is a perfect place to hang out. I would definitely go back

My main criticism was when I tried to book a tour with the front desk, I stood at the information desk for over 5 minutes while staff chatted to each other without acknowledging my presence. Saying that, a couple of staff were super friendly and helpful

Great hostel! Would stay at a Plus Hostel again for sure. Wifi didn't work one the the days we were there though, and the lockers in our room didn't lock properly.

A big hostel with extra facilities like swimming pool, sauna, gym and others. No kitchen for guest though. Counter staff were rather stretched during peak check in/out periods. Overall, good place!

It's a nice hostel. Very good facilities. Should introduce some activities to make it more social place.

I only stayed here for a last-minute stay on Florence. It's more like a hotel than a hostel, so it was different to see families here and kids running around. Great location and I had a good time. Would recommend maybe a smaller place if you want the hostel experience, but it was good for my last minute booking.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7