PLUS Florence Reviews

Via Santa Caterina d'Alessandra 17, Florence, Italy

The hostel was very well run. Being able to store you luggage in a room pre and post check in/out was very handy, plus I was allowed to use the pool before even checking in. Having arrived very early, this allowed me to go around town a nd then cool off and make use of the time in Florence.

After a hard day this hostel is perfect! The swimming pool it is amazing

The nicest hostel I've ever stayed in! Amazing atmosphere with the bar, pool and roof terrace. Made my greatest friends of my whole trip there.

• 21st Jun 2015

We were pleasantly surprised at the large room size and included kitchen! Everything was clean and functional. Laundry facilities were good, and the location of the hostel is ideal. The front staff were kind and helpful.

• 21st Jun 2015

There is no kitchen, and there is a rule that you can not eat food in your room. There is a restaurant on the premises where they direct you for meals (none of which are included). The hostel has a lovely pool area, but the area (when I stayed in early June) was overtaken by a loud group of backpackers who weren't great about sharing the space. It's about a seven minute walk from the property to the Duomo, and there's a grocery store one block away.

• 19th Jun 2015

The thing I find with a hostel chain like Plus is that the hostels have more of a hotel feel rather than a hostel one. Due to the generally huge hostels, as a solo backpacker, it is quite difficult to get to know other travellers. Facilities wise, Plus Florence was great, with a swimming pool, and fairly centrally located. Was quite pricey for what you get but I know Florence is generally expensive anyways.

10 minute walk from SMN station, 10 to 20 min walk from all the major sights. Well maintained and clean rooms with comfortable beds. Needs more common space that is not a bar, though I admit I didn't go to the pool or the terrace.

Every guest can access to the luggage storage room meaning that anyone can steal the stuff inside the luggage, if only the staff can access and take care of our luggage would raise the security points up.

Dear guest, luggage room is a free service that we offer. Due to the big number of guests it's impossible for us to check who's going in and out. There are lockers for wallet, passports, laptop and valuable stuff. Best regards

A great place to stay! I would definitely come back!

Dear guest, thank you very much for sharing your opinion. I am glad you loved the location and our facilities. We wait for you again in the future!

Massive lockers and big room with clean lines. Breakfast costs 6 euros which is a bit expensive for hostels but delicious. Pretty walkable from the main train station(10min) but not easy if you carry a big suit case or backpack.

Really nice hostel! Only stayed here for one night, but during my stay everything was very clean. The location is good! About a 15/20 minute walk from the train station and then a 10 minute walk from Gallery Acadamia (David!). I would definitely stay here again on my next trip to Florence :)

• 14th Jun 2015

Squeaky bunkbeds need to be tightened up! add a shower stall so the water from the showerhead doesn't spray all over the bathroom.

• 11th Jun 2015

Internet was non existant through out the stay. free breakfast not provided

Dear guest, thank you very much for visiting us and for sharing your opinion, which is very important and help us to improve day by day. Breakfast is available for 6 euros but you can get cold and hot drinks, eggs, bacon, beans, Cakes, biscuits, jam and much more. We fixed WIFI and now internet connection is working properly. Best regards

This is a wonderful large place to stay. Great location to walk to all the major sites. If you are looking for a cozy travelers feel or a party hostel this is probably not it. It was more like a hotel and had children and elderly people staying there as well. Overall a good experience!

Best hostel we stayed at in Europe.

• 8th Jun 2015

It's a really big hostel, with a pool, restaurant and bar area. There are 2 buildings, the main one and the a second smaller one. My room was in the attached building, and there were only two electric outlets in the room, and far from the beds, that's a really bad thing. Also they don't seem to respect your booking, like if you book a only females room and you go on the high season, you most certainly will be in a mixed room, like I and other girls I talked with did.

Dear guest, thanks for sharing your opinion. We always respect bookings and we try to do our best to satisfy guests' needs. Probably that was a mistake in the booking or in the system but reception is open 24h to solve any kind of problems! Best regards

Plus is great in terms of location, security and amenities, however it's a common stop for all of the large tour groups like Topdeck and Contiki etc. This made it a little difficult to meet people, especially because there was no distinct common area. Wifi was pretty much non existent in the room as well, but overall it was a clean and convenient hostel, and the pool was awesome!

Very well organised

This truly was the best hostel I stayed at in all of Europe. This place looks more like a hotel then a hostel. This is the type of place I would stay at with my family. This hostel is so ideal for a solo traveler like myself. Very social! There is a pool and laundry facilities, two things which really brought this hostel to the next level for me. The hostel is a little far but still located in central Florence. The only reason I rated security low was because my lock was too large to use.

The hostel was very nice! It felt like a hotel full of backpackers. The pool and restaurant was great however there was no kitchen and you were not allowed to eat or drink any of your own food(you're supposed to buy it at their restaurant). The rooms were modern but the air conditioning was controlled at the front desk therefore it was very hot in the room( around 80f or 27c) Overall I would recommend it and stay there again!

Dear guest, thank you for writing your opinion. I am glad you enjoyed your holiday at Plus Florence and our facilities. Best regards

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7