PLUS Florence Reviews

Via Santa Caterina d'Alessandra 17, Florence, Italy

Comfy beds and great location but very expensive at €50 per night.

This is a huge hostel with many possibilities to meet other people. Big restaurant, breakfast was value for money. Nice international staff with many languages. Rooms were spacious and clean shower and kitchen.

Really liked this hostel. First experience with them was letting them know I accidentally booked 3 beds rather than 2 by mistake... The girl at the front desk was extremely helpful and was able to cancel the 3rd bed which saved us about 60 euro! Provided a fresh towel every day free of charge, good wifi, computers to use and very friendly staff. Great location in Florence as well so couldn't have been much happier with the hostel!

Only 2x power points in a room with 4x people. Made it difficult to charge phones/cameras. Beds were comfortable and bathrooms large and clean. Always a long linear reception. My room Key deactivated and had to wait 30mins to see someone to deactivate it as was so busy. I would stay here a again as its walking distance to town and was comfortable compared to other European hostels

I was very impressed with the staff. The front desk was very helpful with giving me good advice on places to go for dinner and things to do in the evening. One guy told me about the Atlantic pub which ended up being the best place I went to in Florence. Also, the bartender Andrea was very helpful during an odd time for serving food. I wasn't very fond of anything on the menu so he made me a sandwich instead with prosciutto --it was very nice of him to try to accommodate the customers.

• 7th Sep 2014

Our shower was clogged so if we were in the shower for more than 2 min it would flood. Told the front desk about it, they were very nice and told us they would send someone in right away. We left soon after so I am not sure if it got fixed. Other than that the hostel was great!

• 5th Sep 2014

Dont go here to meet people

Big, lively and very good value. This hostel is perfect for young travellers - decent location, and great for meeting people as the bar/pool are pretty cool. Couldn't fault the staff who were very helpful, and the facilities were just as you'd aspect from a good large hostel. Only complaint would be the noise coming from the bar well bast midnight, it's great when you want to party but no if you want a good nights sleep!!

Good friendly atmosphere. Spacious rooms. Nice and easy to find and close to major train station.

• 4th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Overall, a great experience. Good community for such a large hostel. Great rooftop. Decent breakfast for €6. The only real negative is that the gym and rooftop bar were closed the whole time. Oh, and having to go down to the from desk to request the A/C is a pain.

It's a great hostel. It's one of those hostels that feels more like a hotel. The rooms were large and had lockers, and access to am outdoor patio and roof. The bar closed at one, a little early, but it seems like that everywhere in Italy. It was a small walk to the market, but a bit of a walk to the river and big sites, but still not too bad. Rooms got a little hot at night, but overrall, very satisfied.

Just a big hostel no atmosphere

Everything was clean, walking distance from main square, great facilities, helpful staff, 8 bed dorm a little small but overall would recommend staying here.

what a nice place in Florence. really great thought through hostel and great facilities. i stayed with my girl at a 2-bed room and it was just like in a hotel. onl bad thing is, the bed makes alot of noise. another negative thing is there wasn't that much of a hostel-feeling around in my opinion. lots of groups who didnt really looke to meet new people. well i wasnt either because i already had my company. all in all i'd still recommend it to young travellers. might go pack with some friends....

Friendly staff and very easy to find. It's a "mega hostel" so you lose some of the camaraderie often found in smaller settings. The pool, rooftop, and dining area were all nice amenities though the food was a little pricey. Within walking distance of everything. Each room has its own bathroom and shower, which is very convenient. Would stay here again.

helpful staff, comfy beds and nice, clean and big bathroom. good breakfast and they have dinner at the hostel too if you dont want to go out. 10 mins walk from Firenze SMN station... very handy. would definitely stay here again and would recommend it as well. one negative - they have lockers, although not very secure. the ones in my room if you turned the whole lock knob it would open the door.

Great location - a short walk between the station and the town centre. We were upgraded for free from an 8 bed dorm to a 5 bed, which was very clean and well furnished. There are lockers in the room and we felt very safe here. We didn't make great use of the facilities as we were more interested in Florence, but from what we saw the pool area was nice. I'd recommend to friends.

A big hostel but well organised and thought out facilities. Room was large and beds comfortable, facilities clean.

One of the best places I've stayed in, great atmosphere. Really loved staying here in Florence.

Best hostel ever. Cool bar and lovely people around and so cheap. Location is quite near but streets are narrow and busy, so it was little bit difficult with luggage.. Wifi worked well even in bed. Our balcony door was often open (becouse room mates left it), so neighbours could come and take stuff, that's minus. And also I hope less coctails and more supply of bottles to your awesome bar. And automate coffee was terrible, so I hope you start to make real coffee there.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7