PLUS Florence Reviews

Via Santa Caterina d'Alessandra 17, Florence, Tuscany, Italy

This is not the type of hostel that you want to go to if you are looking for a warm welcome to a new place or to meet interesting, friendly travelers. It's more like a very cheap hotel with many people going in and out every day. The staff is somewhat cold, there is almost no support offered to you. I was just given a key and ya está. I had to specifically ask for a map. On top of the cost you are expected to pay to secure your things with a 3eu lock. Not very warm like other hostels I'm used to

This is a great hostel, especially if you are a college student. We really liked our room and the available facilities. Our only complaint is that it can be a little loud at night. Otherwise, the staff was very friendly and helpful and we had a great stay.

I was in a private room and I was wake up by some guys that start knocking my door, as well as others, in the middle of the night. They were there for almost half an hour...in addition the bed was not confortable at all.

Everying is good but the rubbish bin no cleaning for three days.

Amazing hostel! I would defnitly stay there for a month! I only mention that there are a lot of college groups, and sometimes it might get nousy. Nevertheless, it is part of the trip.

This hostel was great...so spacious and clean! It felt a bit more like a hotel in that respect, however, it still had the hostel vibe in that it was easy to meet lots of people. I would recommend this hostel to anyone who wants to visit florence.

• 7th Mar 2014

Nice and clean room!

Keycard access to rooms with storage lockers available in-room (provide your own lock). Located near bus stops and train station, and only a short walk from Il Duomo. Staff was very helpful. Atmosphere was great (I had amazing roommates), but there were a lot of high school age kids staying there. Daily housekeeping with bedding changes was nice. Meals available (not great though). Pool and DJ booth downstairs. Only downside was that I couldn't get the hot water to work in the shower.

Good hostel. Great to have pool, sauna and steam room.

Caters more to large tour groups than to individuals. My primary complaints are the poor quality of the beds in the 6- and 8- person rooms, lack of outlets in the bathrooms, no soap in the dorm bathrooms, broken shower doors, and a complete lack of enforcement of quiet hours. The external door to our room was even kicked in by a wasted middle-aged woman at 9.30 in the morning. I've stayed here multiple times, but I will likely look for accommodation elsewhere for my next stay in Florence.

The Hostel was a perfect place to stay. It made the trip mode ease and relaxing. The breakfast was value for money. Best place to stay in Florence.

Amazing facilities for a hostel! Clean rooms and good location near to the centre of town

really nice hostel and the people working there are really nice too!! Really enjoyed my stay in Florence thanks to them!

• 14th Feb 2014
  • Paraguay

Its really annoying that it's not possible to eat outside food inside the hotel, they told us to eat it in the lobby, ehats ridiculous when you have a dining room.

• 13th Feb 2014
  • Argentina

The rooms were spacious and layed out nicely so that everyone had some privacy. You can walk everywhere from the hostel; the city centre and the train station are only minutes away.

This place was awesome. It was basically a hotel. I stayed in the offseason and got upgraded from an 8 bedroom dorm to a 4 bedroom at no cost. The staff were very friendly and incredibly helpful. I didn't once take public transportation, though I'm pretty content walking two miles to destinations. My sole complaint was that their internet was dodgy at best. Other then that it was a perfect, inexpensive, and pleasant hostel. Go here in Florence.

Much more like a hotel than a hostel, but still with cheap prices! Good location, about a 15 minute walk from the train station. The pool was an excellent bonus! Breakfast was not cheap - 6 euros for a large range of food, however it wasn´t that great... Nice rooms with comfortable beds and heaps of powerpoints. Main light would be turned off from many switches which was kind of cool...

Our stay at PLUS was really good! Though it felt more like a hotel to me, than a hostel, with the swimming pool and the resteraunt. All in all we had a fabulous time there but to me it felt like a community room was missing, and there also wasn't a kitchen.

Staff are friendly, good location. There is no kitchen and you're not allowed to take food into the bar area. The sauna was not working when we were here but the steam room was fun. Bedrooms have lockers but the ensuite shower made for a long wait time when everyone in the room wanted to shower. The wifi was difficult to get onto and dropped out alot, we were told the hostel doesn't have enough coverage for their expansion last summer and alot of people seemed to be struggling to use it.

Disappointed with the cleaning staff that entered our room (without knocking...) before it was time to check out. They were rude and told us that it was time to leave. Otherwise, the rest of the staff was very nice!

• 25th Jan 2014