PLUS Florence Reviews

Via Santa Caterina d'Alessandra 17, Florence, Italy

This hostel was not what I expected. I spent alot of my time out of the hostel, partly because Florence is lovely, partly because the Hostel wasn't ideal. IT IS A PARTY HOSTEL. despite what other say, i was on the first floor and the basement club was thudding through the floor until 2am. It is also very popular with Americans and Australians, who were loud and brash. Again, good if you need a bed to crash, however if you are looking for a cultural holiday, book elsewhere.

Great location, only a few minutes walk from everywhere. The staff are great and our dorm was clean and comfortable. The only downside was that the aircon was broken and after telling the staff multiple times they just insisted that it was working.

Hotel hostel but still in great location and helpful staff. Good computers but wifi was annoying since you needed an email to log in and needed to relogin each time. Also I had the top bunk that was really wobbly but hopefully they will tighten and fix it.

The pool and bars were amazing!! Helpful staff and great vibe. The beds were a bit under par though. My friend's bed was broken.

• 20th Jul 2015

I love my stay at Plus Florence! A nice and friendly staff to help you whith anything(and great English). Lovely pool area though not that big. Located so close to the train station and the city centrum which makes it easy to walk to all the attractions. The dorm was nice - big and with separate bath and shower. A nice big locker and your own reading lamp and plug with each bed. If I ever go to Florence again I would definitely stay here

Plus Florence is very big, so it can feel a little bit like staying in a hotel, but the facilities are great (pool was much appreciated during the heatwave!), the staff are helpful, and the rooms are very clean and well designed. It doesn't have a kitchen, which is a bit annoying.

Great social place to stay

Overall, quite good. The location was very central, so I was able to walk everywhere. The facilities were nice - outlets for each bed, the restaurant was convenient, and I loved the pool! Only real complaints are the wifi and air con. The wifi was pretty spotty, and even though they claimed the AC was on, our room never felt cool. Didn't care to sleep in a warm room in such an already hot place.

Far closer to a hotel with dorms than a hostel. Clean and great facilities but big and impersonal.

If you are traveling with others, then PLUS is for you! The pool area and restaurant are great. However, I don't think they should be calling themselves a hostel. It's basically a hotel with dorms. for me, the hostel vibe was totally missing. There's no common room, no kitchen (can't bring in your own food) no planned activities for people to meet each other, and most of the people there are traveling in huge packs with Busabout or Topdeck and only keep to themselves. Staff was helpful though :)

It was a good fun experience staying at the hostel.

• 14th Jul 2015
  • India

the deck chairs on the roof were wonderful and it really seemed like you were in a hotel rather than a hostel, it just happened to be strangers in your room. bathroom was great, food downstairs was good, location was wonderful and staff were friendly

Great hostel - would come back here no question. Clean, tidy rooms with own bathrooms, great bar and pool area. Staff helpfully recommened day trips, etc. Easy walk from main train station and next to sites. Wifi was a little shaky when I was there given that they were changing the router, but that would be my only complaint. Definitely would stay here again.

Really nice hostel and the atmosphere was awesome

One word: POOL!! Great time! Thank you

Even though we were one of the many older couples (we are 30) staying there it still felt the hostel catered mostly towards a much younger age group. The rooms were very nice and clean, struggled with wifi and breakfast is for what you get.

• 10th Jul 2015
  • South Africa

Terrific location. Very clean. Thank god for the air con. I loved the pool and the bar. The restaurant was reasonably priced and quick but the quality of the food was poor. The €6 breakfast had canned mushrooms and I'm pretty sure the eggs weren't real either. A lot like a hotel in terms of atmosphere, people tend to stick with there travelling group. This makes it a little harder for solo travellers to meet people (unless they are drunk of course).

Plus has better facilities than any other hostel I have visited in Europe, having two pools is a big bonus, and the pool bar is a nice place to sit during the day and evenings. Staff are also very friendly and helpful. will definitely be staying in and Plus hostel again!

I moved to this hostel for the air conditioning - the thermostat was turned so high it wasn't of much use. Great facilities for the price. I would have enjoyed them if it wasn't for my needing to leave so early in the morning. Good for singles and groups.

Amazing hostel