PLUS Florence Reviews

Via Santa Caterina d'Alessandra 15, Florence, Italy

Party hostel so if you actually wanted a night sleep do not bother with this place.

We were upgraded on arrival due to the hostel being fully booked so went from booking an 8 bed dorm to staying in a private 4 bed room with kitchenette and balcony! The hostel is clean and has good facilities with a bar inside and out, restaurant (didn't try the food) and the outdoor pool. The bar staff were friendly but the reception staff were quite brusque. It doesn't take much to be welcoming. A short walk and you're surrounded by the sights of beautiful Florence!

Overall really great hostel with everything you need in a good location.. Only negative was that some staff are quite rude, especially the outside bar tender with the pony tail.

No hostel but hotel!! If you are used to stay in hostelsand like it this might not be the right place for you... They don't have a kitchen, the washing maschine is 4€ (!!) and what was so sad was that the stuff was extremely rude!! The hotel is okay but just because of the stuff I cannot recommend to go there! They acted like they don't care about us at all and gave us the feeling that we had to apologize for asking to check us in.. I felt really sorry for that because this is their.. Job!!

There definitely needs to be more lounge chairs bought for around the pool. We always had to wait on the tables outside for one and we saw many people simply turning around and leaving because none were available

The hostel was great. The view on the rooftop was really great. I had wish the terace stayed open later. It closed at 11 o'clock. Generally, pretty good.

This hostel was awesome! The rooms were nice because they had a private bathroom in it. The outdoor pool and bar were nice to hang out at. The location was really close to everything.

As it seems with all plus hostels, they're run quite a lot like hotels in their professionalism and scale. It's in a nice location, about a 15 minute walk from the Duomo and maybe another 5 or 10 to most of the other big attractions. Breakfast is a bit pricey for what it is, if your pockets are a bit smaller you might consider eating out instead. The bar, terrace and pool where great, most nights the bar was pretty busy and social. Very much a good home base for exploring Florence.

Good hostel for the money you pay. Bathroom and shower good and wifi was good in the room. Directions to the hostel were fab. Would recommend to young travellers. Also handy that they give you complementary shampoo and soap. Thank you, we had a lovely stay.

for party yes.. gor the other things; do not believe the photos

Plus Florence was unreal! Has everything covered... Clean, great vibes, secure, great staff, good location, bar, pool good meals! Great value for what you pay! Enjoyed our stay here well worth it

Our room hadn't been cleaned when we checked in which was a bit strange, but other than that our stay was lovely. The outdoor pool area is new and seems unfinished, needs more sun beds and space, the pool was a little on the chilly side and should have stayed open longer. The bar and outdoor area closed at different times every night which was a bit annoying, cutting into socialising. Other than that, it upholds the great Plus reputation.

I didn't love this hostel. The air conditioning doesn't work well and it was hard to sleep because it was sweltering in the room. I gotten eaten alive by Mosquitos in the pool area. The wifi didn't work in my room. If you want to use the computer stations they give you a 30 min Internet code and then the computer cuts out and you lose whatever you were working on. I canceled the rest of my reservation here.

• 14th Aug 2015

Great location from train station to city center. Hostel is huge. Has a very nice bar/ restaurant area at the hostel. Pool open during the summer with a waterfall type thing however limited seating. Staff very helpful. Room was large, kept clean. Hostel arranged 2 tours for me - to cinque terre and a pizza/gelato making class. Both were awesome!

It's more like a hotel-hostel. Towel, soap, shampoo are all provided. There's a small pool to chill you out during the hot weather. The food and drinks at the bar are quite good too. Stable wifi and fast internet speed. Will definitely recommend this hostel!

Highly recommend. Great stay and would do so again in a heartbeat. Caters to everyone and the staff are really nice and helpful.

Had a great time at the Yellow. The pool is a plus in the summer days! Make sure you tell the receptionist if your A/C doesn't work so they can get it going right away - we ended up sleeping with the windows open and a fan running and were perfectly fine!

I had a great stay, the staff was excellent and hostel was very clean. The pool was a huge relief to jump in after a long hot day of exploring Florence! The lockers only accepted very small locks in my room, this was an inconvenience for some who had to buy a small lock to fit from the front desk.

• 11th Aug 2015

Staff were very unhelpful

PLUS was a decent place with all the things you'd want in a hostel but it was too big for me. Not a ton of personality and though they had a bar, pool, etc, I didn't find it as welcoming. Other than that everything was great. The staff was very helpful as well.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7