PLUS Florence Reviews

Via Santa Caterina d'Alessandra 17, Florence, Italy

If you like a party hostel this is definitely where you should stay. We had a great time here and the pool is an awesome addition especially when you have been walking around site seeing all day.

• 17th Jul 2014

Only prob no fans in room very hot and bitten badly by insects.

Located in walking distance to most of the cities major attractions and sights. Helpful staff. Would stay again

This place is more like a hotel. Stayed 2 nights and didn't really meet anyone (traveling solo) as most people there were in big contiki groups. Staff are friendly except for one bloke. If you're traveling alone or with a friend I'd skip this place, no vibe just a place to sleep.

Definitely a hostel for the younger crowds- many tour groups there filling the lobby. Great rooftop deck when you need to get away. Beds were comfy, lockers were big - you need a small lock to fit in the holes! Shower didn't drain well, AC didn't work for a night. A bit pricy for what you get. If I wasn't traveling solo it would have been cheaper to get a hotel room. As with most large hostels, not really easy to meet people.

Hostel is in a great location, walking distance to all attractions and train station. This is a very large hostel which at times can feel like a school campus (not in a bad way). They do have a pool and bar area which is great. Although large we had a great stay. There were many bus about travellers staying here, not a negative just an observation.

Its a great hostel but its expensive.

Dear guest, thanks for sharing your opinion. I hope you enjoyed your stay at Plus Florence.

Definitely bring insect repellent with you!! Air con doesn't work at all, spoke to reception about it as they control the air conditioning from there, they told is they'd turned it up but there as no change so we had to open the windows and we all got covered on mosquito bites at night. Spoke to people staying in other rooms and it was the same deal.

Dear guest, thanks for sharing your opinion. When there's a problem we leave a note for the technician and he comes during the day, that's why I find a bit weird that air con hasn't been worked for days. I'm sorry for the mosquitos but it's very common in this period of the year in most of the Italian towns. Best regards

The air conditioning in our room was supposedly working but it was very warm. If you are looking for a relatively quiet place to stay this is not the hostel. There are parties every night and if you have a room that faces onto the pool it is quite noisy. We had people on the balcony our room was facing who weren't even staying on our floor who were loud until 2am - there is no staff member walking the premesis at night deterring this. The location is good for walking and is close to the train.

Dear guest, thanks for writing your review. Concerning the air con there's a technician working with us everyday that is Always in contact with the front office and solves technical problems. It sometimes happens that we turn air con on and then roommates come to ask to turn in off. I'm sorry people disturbed you during the night, the parties stop at Midnight and we have a security staff later on. I hope you enjoyed your stay anyway!

This hostel knows what they are doing. Definetely would stay there again.

All-round great hostel, felt a little more like a hotel in all honesty. Great staff in general with good facilities available to them. Friendly people! :) A special mention has to go out to Andrea the bar man, such a gentleman, always a friendly smile upon his face, nothing is too much to ask of this man. He took time to explain bits of the language to me personally and when we saw him out and about in Florence he was just as welcoming. An asset to your establishment.

Hostel was great! Front desk staff were awesome and facilities were good. Bar staff could have been more polite/accommodating.. Was kicked out while playing cards quietly at 12am when they could have just left a light on, can't exactly 'go drink in the room' when other people are sleeping.

• 4th Jul 2014

Twin room was fanatstic. Spacious and very clean!

It seems is a groups - tours hostel, almost a hotel. Common areas and reception are very crowded. Service its good, but not personalized or friendly... More hotel oriented. Location is good

Dear guest, thanks for sharing your opinion. We host many groups as we are a big hostel. Our staff is international and does its best to help our guest. Anyway we hope you enjoyed your stay at Plus Florence!

I enjoyed our stay at Plus Florence. The rooms were clean, they had great facilities and the location was good. Would recommend staying there.

I loved staying at this hostel, great facilities everything you need. One thing that stood out for me the most is the staff working there, they are all amazing people who went out if their way to create a good atmosphere and make you feel really welcome. Especially Andrea he was the best guy ever!!! Always making people laugh and very attentive. Honestly I had the best time thanks to everyone at plus Florence.

Dear guest, we are so happy to hear such good thoughts! We are really glad that you loved your stay and all the staff thanks you for your opinion!

Aircon in my room rattled (minor thing). Be nice is the computers were free to use, like in Plus Prague.

Dear guest, thanks for writing your review! we hope you enjoyed your stay at Plus Florence!

Love the PLUS hostels, great atmosphere ,staff abd facilities there at a great location and price would recommend to anyone just bring your own padlock to lock the cupboard as no room safes just the cupboards otherwise perfect hostel.

Dear guest, thanks so much for sharing your opinion! We really appreciate it. Just to let our guests know we also have small padlocks on sell.

I re-booked me and my friend into a private twin for a second night with Plus Florence. Upon checking in we were told that all they could give us was a 6 bed dorm to ourselves. The room was OK but the quality of the mattresses were poor compared to the room I had stayed in the night before and the bathroom was not as new. There was a door to a small balcony that was old and wooden. It rained and the room was flooded. We were given towels to mop up the floor but no other help was offered.

Cannot fault this place at all, all the facilities of a hotel in a hostel, the bar and roof terrace should stay open later though

Dear guest, thanks for sharing your opinion. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at Plus Florence. Unfortunately the bar and the roof can't stay open after 11pm because of some local laws in order not to disturb the neighborhood.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7