PLUS Florence Reviews

Via Santa Caterina d'Alessandra 17, Florence, Italy

the hostel itself is AMAZINGLY GREAT. it is more like a hotel. though the staff are not so good as the hostel itself. and the breakfast is a little bit expensive. but still a nice place to go.

Was really happy I was upgraded for free to a six bed dorm, reception staff were great most of the time, they found socialising between one another more important than helping guests Apart from that was fine

Price is higher than what I expected. no breakfast...10mins walking from train station..

Plus Florence was a spacious hostel compared to others. It had good facilities available and was central to everything I. Florence

• 15th Oct 2014

The price per night varies greatly: one night I paid 40€, another night 19€, both for 8 person mixed dorm. So"value for money" varies. Good facilities, ton of amenities, decent pizza in the cafeteria. Free shot at check in. Not a bad place.

PLUS definitely isn't worth the money. The bathrooms in the rooms weren't great, and the bunks were crudely made from plywood. We found the staff to be pretty rude as well. The bar downstairs is also expensive! No kitchen, not even a place to eat your own food or drink your own alcohol. We moved to a hostel that was a 3rd of the price and so much better - hostel 7 santi

Stay here! Staff is great. Clean place. They are the most accommodating place in Florence. Worth the money!

This is the RyanAir of hostels. Everything costs extra and they nickel and dime you for just about everything. Upstairs staff is nice but steer clear of anything in the restaurant as they have not the slightest notion of customer service. Atmosphere is quite impersonal also.

My stay in this hostel was not what I expected. Paying 50€ for a mixed shared room with other 7 people happened to be my worst experience in hostels as I got a room where there were bugs, ants and flyes. Sincerely it was an awfull experience I don't recommend nobody to have. Bathroom are ok but not clean you can see stains of mug in the showers. Poor cleaning at a high cost. Mattress are 6cm high are hollowed in the center and the bed I had got flyes.Only recom it for bar and summer pool

• 9th Oct 2014

I found this place very disappointing and over priced. I paid €50 a night for a 6 bed dorm, I thought maybe because it was a week before arriving they were filling up and had upped the price, but on arrival, my room always had a bed or two spare and it wasn't the weekend. I would not have minded had the dorm had better bathroom facilities, the shower was old and not the cleanest and didn't stay on it's holder. I found the staff to be not overly helpful either. In all I don't rate it very high.

• 8th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

friendly staff, good location, surround with place attraction.

The large size of this hostel made it impersonal and a bit unfriendly. Staff had no time to assist guests let alone be friendly. The rowdy nature of the large coach tours meant the bar and pool were both often crazy and busy - off-putting to a lone traveller like me. Overall not a bad hostel but probably better value for money if you are part of a large group.

Great facilities and a decent location walking distance to most of the sights. It is more of a large hotel than a hostel and as such the atmosphere for solo travellers isnt that great. Overall i would stay again as the rooms were large and clean, great for groups!

By far the best Plus in Italy. Very clean and modern room, with fresh towels everyday. The room and bathroom was always cleaned very well. It's easy to walk everywhere in Florence so the location is fine. The staff are mostly friendly, especially Javier. The breakfast is good but I'd suggest eating elsewhere for dinner.

Good location to the train station and city. Friendly staff. Good size dorm with comfy bed. Bathroom clean. Three of the cupboards in the dorm were broken so I had to share with my friend so security in lockers could be better. Good for the party/Gap year traveller with bar (with happy hour) though still more expensive than other hostels.

Really great place to stay.

We didn't enjoy our stay. No curfew in place so noise till all hours of the morning with people running around hallways etc. Also has on site bar with noise till late at night. Concerned about Bed Bugs after some from our group where affected. They moved Hostels. Reception often had long waiting even just to ask to put the air conditioner on or off in the room. Find a nice hotel for a similar price.

Good location

Best Hostel!!! Nice Staff, they speak almost every language, the place is nice and the rooms are great.

Excellent location, fantastic staff, modern clean rooms, great facilities. Truly a joy to stay here!

• 30th Sep 2014