PLUS Florence Reviews

Via Santa Caterina d'Alessandra 15, Florence, Italy

Place was excellent in everything but two aspects. The air conditioning unit in the room was ineffective and overall useless. Seemed this was common throughout the place, as other hostel rooms had the same issue, after speaking with other people. Also the wifi kicks you off every ten minutes or so, and gave you a time limit of 45 minutes; forcing you to sign in frequently.

Awesome facilities, however this 'hostel' is massive so there is less care from the staff. Well situated and good for all ages.

Cool place with a young vibe and atmosphere. Julio at the front desk was very helpful, and multilingual (5 languages). My room was a little warm (I thought there was an issue with the air conditioning), but then again the girls we were with thought it was just right. Yea, I'd recommend it for anyone trying to meet other people. Pool was decent and terrace had a good view. Cheers.

• 28th Aug 2015

My girlfriend and I stayed in a double private which actually was a 4 bunk (1 double bed) room that we had all to ourselves. It came complete with AC and its own toilet and shower which were fairly clean. The staff were somewhat helpful but not terribly good at managing the lines of backpackers at peak times. The pluses however, definitely overtake the cons since this place has its own bar, pool, and pool table which encourage meeting people and partying. Very fun place to stay in Florence!

Party hostel so if you actually wanted a night sleep do not bother with this place.

We were upgraded on arrival due to the hostel being fully booked so went from booking an 8 bed dorm to staying in a private 4 bed room with kitchenette and balcony! The hostel is clean and has good facilities with a bar inside and out, restaurant (didn't try the food) and the outdoor pool. The bar staff were friendly but the reception staff were quite brusque. It doesn't take much to be welcoming. A short walk and you're surrounded by the sights of beautiful Florence!

Overall really great hostel with everything you need in a good location.. Only negative was that some staff are quite rude, especially the outside bar tender with the pony tail.

It was very nice that there was air conditioning, although the temperature was a little too cold for my taste. Very friendly and helpful staff. Nice that there was a restaurant as it was convenient after a long and tiring day of sightseeing in Florence.

• 20th Aug 2015

No hostel but hotel!! If you are used to stay in hostelsand like it this might not be the right place for you... They don't have a kitchen, the washing maschine is 4€ (!!) and what was so sad was that the stuff was extremely rude!! The hotel is okay but just because of the stuff I cannot recommend to go there! They acted like they don't care about us at all and gave us the feeling that we had to apologize for asking to check us in.. I felt really sorry for that because this is their.. Job!!

There definitely needs to be more lounge chairs bought for around the pool. We always had to wait on the tables outside for one and we saw many people simply turning around and leaving because none were available

The hostel was great. The view on the rooftop was really great. I had wish the terace stayed open later. It closed at 11 o'clock. Generally, pretty good.

This hostel was awesome! The rooms were nice because they had a private bathroom in it. The outdoor pool and bar were nice to hang out at. The location was really close to everything.

As it seems with all plus hostels, they're run quite a lot like hotels in their professionalism and scale. It's in a nice location, about a 15 minute walk from the Duomo and maybe another 5 or 10 to most of the other big attractions. Breakfast is a bit pricey for what it is, if your pockets are a bit smaller you might consider eating out instead. The bar, terrace and pool where great, most nights the bar was pretty busy and social. Very much a good home base for exploring Florence.

Good hostel for the money you pay. Bathroom and shower good and wifi was good in the room. Directions to the hostel were fab. Would recommend to young travellers. Also handy that they give you complementary shampoo and soap. Thank you, we had a lovely stay.

for party yes.. gor the other things; do not believe the photos

I loved the hostel. I booked a private room and it was great! Very clean and excelent beds. 20 minutes walking from the Duomo.

Plus Florence was unreal! Has everything covered... Clean, great vibes, secure, great staff, good location, bar, pool good meals! Great value for what you pay! Enjoyed our stay here well worth it

GREAT hostel. Huge hostel. Good, cheap restaurant and outside bar. Really nice location and superclean! Everything you want in an hostel!

Our room hadn't been cleaned when we checked in which was a bit strange, but other than that our stay was lovely. The outdoor pool area is new and seems unfinished, needs more sun beds and space, the pool was a little on the chilly side and should have stayed open longer. The bar and outdoor area closed at different times every night which was a bit annoying, cutting into socialising. Other than that, it upholds the great Plus reputation.

I didn't love this hostel. The air conditioning doesn't work well and it was hard to sleep because it was sweltering in the room. I gotten eaten alive by Mosquitos in the pool area. The wifi didn't work in my room. If you want to use the computer stations they give you a 30 min Internet code and then the computer cuts out and you lose whatever you were working on. I canceled the rest of my reservation here.

• 14th Aug 2015