PLUS Florence Reviews

Via Santa Caterina d'Alessandra 17, Florence, Italy

Lovely location, less than 10 mins away from the best sights. Good clean rooms, helpful staff. No kitchen but with so many restaurants nearby it's not a problem.

I stayed only one night, but everything was alright. Enough place, clean showers, quiet and good location. The only point is that you have to paid for the breakfast.

• 27th Apr 2014
  • Argentina

Lots of Mosquitos in the room and staff didn't care

I enjoyed my stay here. The place is a well run hostel with all the bells and whistles. There is even a pool and sauna. I can't remember if there was a lounge room, but there is enough space in the restaurant and a terrace to chill out. It is very close to the main train station and central Florence.

During the payment, we were not informed about the tourist tax. It took us a while to figure out why we paid a bit more. The hostel was crowded and the staff seemed to be overwhelmed. Florence is a big city, pity that the hostel do not have special activities for the guests. They do not recommend pubs, bars, cafes etc.

This is a professional hotel-like hostel . So don't expect a cosy common room atmosphere. But the facilities are excellent and it works . I'd give it a miss the next time round though as I like more personal friendly hostels.

Very well equipped hostel, but not that much personality. Still recommend it as a place to stay though.

Amazing place! Good location, huge room ensuite, tons of staff, good food, breakfest at a reasonable price, amazing facilities.

Best place to stay in Florence!

The hostel has a very good infrastructure. There is a good restaurant inside with cheap offers. The staff are not always kind and there is a big noise at night from the bar.

• 16th Apr 2014

Great location and facilities. Nice roof top terrace and nice buffet breakfast if you want it (€6 all you can eat) Huge hostel, so get a lot of school groups, which is the only downer really

I absolutely loved this hostel. My friend and I had a private room and it felt like we were staying in a hotel. Wifi is reliable and the location is very easy to find. The facilities are very clean.

The hostel was very nice, and the rooms were spacious. I enjoyed the fact that wifi reached the rooms and that each bed had its own lamp and power outlet. The two en suites were also nice and well thought out. However, there were a ton of school grous running around at all hours. There were dozens of 12 year old boys sliding up and down the hallways and shouting, so there was a bit of a noise issue. Also, we missed having a guest kitchen to use.

I loved staying here. My room was not in the main building, but in what I think is the newer building. Everything looked brand new (beds, lockers, bathrooms, etc.). My only complaint was that the lockers didn't seem to lock. No one in my room could figure it out. The resteraunt was pretty good and reasonably priced. The pool area was very nice and relaxing. They also had computers to use free of charge. The staff was very helpful. Everything was within easy walking distance.

My stay at this hostel is not memorable and one I would like to forget sooner rather than later. The hostel put me in a room where there were no free beds, made up bed for me which was occupied to which at 3am I was awoken by the owner of the bed angrily. He went to get reception who denied I was supposed to be in the room. A couple of days after 3 argentinans were placed in the room who all smoked weed. The hostel was also filled with 13yr old kids you couldnt move and they used the restaurant.

This is not the type of hostel that you want to go to if you are looking for a warm welcome to a new place or to meet interesting, friendly travelers. It's more like a very cheap hotel with many people going in and out every day. The staff is somewhat cold, there is almost no support offered to you. I was just given a key and ya está. I had to specifically ask for a map. On top of the cost you are expected to pay to secure your things with a 3eu lock. Not very warm like other hostels I'm used to

Stayed in a 3 bed dorm with friends. Really comfortable beds with clean sheets although narrow beds but that is with all hostel dorms. They had a lot of electrical wall outlets which was fantastic. Shame there wasn't a sink in the room so we could get ready faster. Didn't use the facilities so can't comment. Overall a good stay. No real atmosphere if you are looking for one, then again we were 4 friends and weren't really looking for atmosphere....

awful. not clean at all. little kids running around everywhere and the staff was not helpful at all

This is a great hostel, especially if you are a college student. We really liked our room and the available facilities. Our only complaint is that it can be a little loud at night. Otherwise, the staff was very friendly and helpful and we had a great stay.

I was in a private room and I was wake up by some guys that start knocking my door, as well as others, in the middle of the night. They were there for almost half an hour...in addition the bed was not confortable at all.