PLUS Florence Reviews

Via Santa Caterina d'Alessandra 15, Florence, Italy

Internet didn't work, other than that the facilities are quite good

Huge hostel, not great for meeting people and I was also surprised how many families were staying there. Good facilities and the location is superb. I liked their buffet breakfast option and strong wifi. Would stay again!

Very nice hostel, Very clean, Feels more like a hotel than a hostel to be honest.

Always crowded. Not particularly clean. Feels like an old building. Don't stay here.

• 1st Apr 2015

A good hostel that's pretty clean. The rooms are nice and pretty big, the staff is helpful, and the indoor pool, terrace, balconies make a great addition to it. The atmosphere is a little weird though because they have school groups coming through.

This hostel had some of the best facilities I've seen! Great staff and the location couldn't have been better. Very close to the city center and train stations. You can walk everywhere.

The hostel was lovely the staff were really friendly and helpful, we unfortunately happened to land at the same time as several groups of school children so it was noisy at times. The location was great a five minute walk from the train station and city centre but far enough away not to be caught in the hustle and bustle! Would definitely stay here again and recommend! :)

very clean modern hostel. wifi was hot and cold, i think because the place is so big. computer room with several fast computers to use and print out boarding pass, etc.

Good hostel with a hotel vibe (not sure if thats a good or bad thing), nice rooftop but close early and the same for the bar. They have pool, sauna and turkish bath (which could be a little hotter) but is a great way to finish your day after a long walking tour.

The hostel is in a great location if you plan to visit Florence city-centre - it takes a 10 minutes walk to reach Dome's Place, moreover the hostel is very close to the station and to S. Lorenzo district, where you can find some of the best places where to have a typycal Tuscan lunch/dinner. The Staff was super-kind: I forgot my mobile charger in the room and noticed it only in the afternoon after the check-out. They managed to find it and gave back to me immediately!

Its more a hotel with lots of beds in the rooms than what I'd expect from a hostel. Service and whatnot was fine but for the price the lack of a homely common room made other choices in Florence superior in my opinion.

Very clean and the staff is exceptional. However the wifi is HORRIBLE and incredibly frustrating. My biggest complaint however, is their interpretation of the term "youth hostel." They truly mean youth, as in children. There were large groups of young children during my entire stay. There was even what appeared to be a middle school dance in the bar area. It was a truly strange experience.

• 19th Mar 2015

Pretty average hostel. Facility's were good and it was clean but had no atmosphere! Bunch of school groups and old people not good for solo travellers. Staff were useless, if you want to try plan something to do they will just point you towards a over priced pamphlet. I did eventually meet some pretty cool people in the dorm next door but that defiantly had nothing to with the hostel considering they put me in a dorm of 8 by myself.

Dear guest, I am a bit surprised by reading your comment: first of all because we are glad to accept all kind of travellers and people, and we don't make difference between young and old, as we are an open minded hostel and think that everyone has the right to visit our beautiful city. Furthermore our young and multilingual staff is appreciated for giving personal suggestions and opinions about things to do and we offer free maps with indications of the most important spots in town.

The place is very clean and feels more like a hotel. The wifi is not very good. You have to reconnect constantly and it doesn't work very good in the rooms. The staff were really nice but they didnt seem to know a whole lot about the area, groceries/restraints, stores, etc. they would just point to the tourist map and give very basic suggestions that I could've googled. The atmosphere is not very communal, this makes it hard to meet people if you are traveling solo.

Dear guest, thanks for your comment. Our friendly and multilingual staff is constantly informed about news and events in town and we usually give personal suggestions to our guests; the only thing we can't do is selling train tickets and museum because the guest must register in the website and pay by credit card. Best regards

Very good installations with all kind of stuff. Quite pricey but it's worth it if you can pay it. All staff is nice. Nice big lockers and separate bathroom and shower. Close to the train station and to a bus stop.

This is the 5th time I have taken a group of students to stay in the Hostel - our party was 17 persons staying for 3 nights. We attempted to organise parking for our two mini-coaches at the Hostel but were turned down (despite the car park being completely empty all weekend). We arrived on Friday evening had to try to find suitable parking and the one we eventually parked in did not open on a Sunday and we had to cancel an excursion we had booked. The person who booked us in was very rude.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Wales

Dear guest, unfortunately we don't have any parking available (it's an interior courtyard and we don't have any permission for parking because it must be empty in case of ambulance or firemen arrival). However we have a collaboration with a garage in town with 20% discount. Best regards

The staff was awesome! The Rooms were very clean! The internet was terrible during peak hours. Some one with a little bit of knowledge could easily make the internet connection speeds more efficient for the hostel. Overall its well run gain hostel

Couldn't fault the hostel, the location was great. The rooms and facilities were fantastic. Shame the receptionists were good at ignoring guests and leaving them waiting.

There was no way to adjust the temperature in the room and it was uncomfortably hot and humid for the entire three days I stayed. The glass door to the balcony had a malfunctioning lock, did not provide security from outsiders.

• 6th Mar 2015

This is the first hostel I have stayed at in my entire life, but I'd heard enough horror stories about hostels to be nervous. This hostel was great! The staff were very helpful when we messed up a little on our reservation (my +1 forgot her passport) and the price was not too bad. It was a bit far from the places I wanted to go, but that's just me being unfamiliar with the area and walking a lot.