PLUS Florence Reviews

Via Santa Caterina d'Alessandra 15, Florence, Italy

Plus has better facilities than any other hostel I have visited in Europe, having two pools is a big bonus, and the pool bar is a nice place to sit during the day and evenings. Staff are also very friendly and helpful. will definitely be staying in and Plus hostel again!

I moved to this hostel for the air conditioning - the thermostat was turned so high it wasn't of much use. Great facilities for the price. I would have enjoyed them if it wasn't for my needing to leave so early in the morning. Good for singles and groups.

Amazing hostel

This place is huge! For me the large groups took away from a classic hostel experience. Average location. Great facilities, A/C, clean rooms.

The rooms were newly done up however our toilet was broken and there was only one plug for four people in the room. The air conditioning in the room was certainly a huge positive. The pool and bar area were outstanding and are what stood this hostel apart from the rest.

Pro's: Good breakfast (worth the 6euros), check in was fast, lots of people, clean beds, the closets for your bags were great with lock holes on them, and the staff did their jobs. Cons: The keys to get into the rooms enjoy not working (it happens), our bathroom smelt like pee (not the hostels fault, guys can't hit the toilet), and the room we were in was shaped like a "U". The A/C was in the entrance of the room, it was still 100 degrees in the back of the room.

Not typically a huge fan of large hostels but this one was definitely an exception. Great location, great facilities (cool bar and great pool area), and nice beds made this hostel a great stay.

If you want a hostel in Florence, this is the place to stay. BUT it's going to be HOT in summer. Air Con was NOT good/ not in most of the building. Lots of bus groups and going school kids were there. Pool was crowded and noisy. Terrace bar was mysteriously closed. Good facilities otherwise, and a GREAT location. Staff was very friendly and helped with luggage storage.

Great hostel and the staff were so friendly and useful. Feels like more of a hotel than a hostel but as it is full of big groups it's not ideal for a solo traveller who wants to meet people.

Basic but spacious and clean. Helpful staff. Top bunk of bunk bed was wobbly but room was comfortable. Breakfast average, pool small but hotel in general had a nice atmosphere, a good location just 10 minutes walk from train station/main attractions. Good value for money for somewhere cheap to stay for a couple of nights.

The hostel was very well run. Being able to store you luggage in a room pre and post check in/out was very handy, plus I was allowed to use the pool before even checking in. Having arrived very early, this allowed me to go around town a nd then cool off and make use of the time in Florence.

This hostel is absolutely brilliant. Meets every need of a traveller. Fast wifi, good atmosphere, big clean rooms, a bar just downstairs and a private pool for the hostel. Do not think this hostel would be suitable for older travellers. Very teenager and party based, everyone just wants to have a good time, which can mean its not quiet at night. 10 minute walk from the station and close to loads of restaurants and bars. 1hr walk to the viewpoint. 10 min walk to the Duomo (church).

This hostel was fine. Perhaps a little overpriced for what it was but the location was decent and the facilities were fine. As its a HUGE building, it didn't have the kind of intimate social setting as other hostels I've been in, so that was a bummer. It kind of felt a bit cheesy with the presence of people on contiki style tours getting drunk and screaming each night. This hostel is not the best I've stayed at, but not the worst either. Would recommend if asked.

After a hard day this hostel is perfect! The swimming pool it is amazing

Great hostel with awesome facilities. The pool and the deck with a bar was great to relax.

Nicest hostel we've stayed in great location

On paper it is great hostel and I would recommend it - bar, food, pool, modern facilities, wifi. I just had an unfortunate experience. A staff told me incorrect information about changing rooms and while I was gone the staff broke the lock to my valuables and took what they assumed to be my luggage out of the room. About 70 euros of my beauty products were either thrown out or stolen by the cleaners and I never received compensation of any sort. Very disappointing by the staff.

This was a comfortable place. Could walk to any place I wanted to see or eat at. Not the most social, so it is good if your looking to not meet people and keep it chill. A plus is that it felt very secure.

The nicest hostel I've ever stayed in! Amazing atmosphere with the bar, pool and roof terrace. Made my greatest friends of my whole trip there.

We were pleasantly surprised at the large room size and included kitchen! Everything was clean and functional. Laundry facilities were good, and the location of the hostel is ideal. The front staff were kind and helpful.

• 21st Jun 2015