PLUS Florence Reviews

Via Santa Caterina d'Alessandra 15, Florence, Italy

A food preparation area would be useful as it is expensive for budget travellers to eat out in Italy. The food in the hostel was a little pricey and the drinks expensive (not as bad at happy hour). Perhaps replacing the bar with a social area and letting guests bring in their own food would make this a truly good hostel. A nice social area and food preperation area are much more important than superfluous gimics like swimming pools and gyms.

It's nothing spectacular but does the job and definitely represent value for money. I'd stay there again

The hostel was very comfortable, with a cafeteria in the basement, so getting food was easy without going out of the hostel. Price of the food was reasonable. There is a pool, which is indoors, so we can use it even in winter. The rooms were huge for the 4 bed dorms, and towels were provided everyday. It is a little distance from the train station though, so a short walk is expected.

It's a great hostel with lots of facilities, it's huge and the atmosphere is great. I really recommend it, the rooms are big, illuminated, with big closets and with their own bathroom and shower.

The facilities are awesome and the staff are super friendly. The room lockers are a little small, put it's not an issue. Location is a little far from major sites by foot but walking is good for you! The atmosphere - bar / restaurant - would have been perfect if it wasn't filled with 15 year olds on a school trip!

I really enjoyed staying at the PLUS Florence, the staff was really nice and helped me any time I needed something. The room was awesome and super clean. Loved that it included towels and a hair dryer! The best part was that it is so close to everything that I could just walk around and get to know the city without using public transportation.

• 15th Dec 2015
  • Mexico

No kitchen access Not enough outlets Bad lighting and Internet connection in rooms Bathroom was nice and clean

Excellent value for money. I was upgraded from an 8 bed to a 4 bed dorm. The facilities are well maintained with fresh towels daily, fully functioning bathroom. The staff are friendly and helpful, and onsite 24/7. The restaurant was open for reasonable hours. Easy card access to rooms. Will definitely return.

Wasn't much going on and pretty hard to meet people because the place is just too big. That being said, the rooms are clean, beds are comfy and each have their own light, so that was handy

Good location not a bad walk down to the Duomo and Pont Vecchio. Nice bedroom opening out to terrace. Wifi didn't work in rooms which was frustrating, even down in the bar area not overly strong. Could be improved with a kitchen or at least a kettle!

Your wifi was not good, even in the lounge. It seems to be at all PLUS hostels because the same has happened at others.

Great value for the money. Daily maid service, including towels. Clean, modern rooms that feel a lot more like a luxury hotel then hostel. Only downside is the distance from the main sights. The breakfast buffet was not expensive and well worth the money.

You should improve the customer services. I mean, this is the only hostel where no one gave me advices about where to go or to eat... I know it is a big hostel (probably the biggest one I've ever stayed) but big should mean the best... And this is not.

We had a great stay! The beds were comfortable and the place was clean. Also, the rooms were quiet. (You couldn't hear ruckus from outside of the room.) The staff was also friendly and very prompt.

• 8th Dec 2015

Clean place with kind staff. :)

• 7th Dec 2015

Not really nearby need to walk a long way from train station

• Hong Kong

We booked a 6 bed dorm and ended up getting the whole room to ourselves- which was awesome! Clean beds and ensuite, lockers for everyone, fast wifi, and towels included! Pool & bar on premises but didn't have a look. Walking distance to the duomo and train station (and pretty much everywhere else in Florence as well- it's small!). Only possible downfall is that because it's more hotel than hostel in some ways, there isn't much of an atmosphere.

• 7th Dec 2015

A very lovely place with a friendly staff! Nice rooms with all essential facilities and it's close to the city center.

Maybe I was just misinformed, but I was told that this was a youth backpackers hostel, and that was certainly not the case. I had two 60 year olds guys and a youth soccer team (of 7 year olds) in my room. Not really the crowd is was expecting.

Very cold both in atmosphere and temperature. I stayed only for the night because itrubed me so wrong. The location is great but the staff was cold and handle the check in like a chore "here's your key, NEXT!" I get to my room and it's freezing, there is a small space heater to warm this 8 bunk dorm. In all I was disappointed, not the worst hostel just not a good one