PLUS Florence Reviews

Via Santa Caterina d'Alessandra 17, Florence, Italy

Was a good hostel with clean facilities and a nice bar/ pool area so the atmosphere was fun. Its a 5 minute walk to the Central Markets making it easy to get around by foot.

I had an absolute blast in Firenze and this hostel was a big part of it. However with no kitchen and no outside alcohol they force you to pay for food and drinks on top of paying extremely high prices for a doorm. Its a great place to stay but it nearly breaks the bank of anyone who is on a backpackers budget.

The staff was incredibly unfriendly and never willing to help. They neglect to tell you that they do not take international debit cards so be prepared to pay in all cash for that one. I was incredibly under impressed

• 12th Jun 2014

Really great atmosphere, and a decent distance from the train station! Clean, decent facilities. A good idea to separate the toilets from the showers. Didn't visit the bar and pool and other facilities so I can't say much about them.

We had a great stay here, the location in perfect just a short walk into town. The pool, bar and roof top we're fantastic. We had a couple of problems with our booking but the reception staff were very helpful and sorted it out as quickly as they could. Check in did take forever though and I do think it's a bit pricey.

While being conveniently located and nice enough, this place is almost like a cheap hotel due to its size and impersonal service. Not enough people working on reception and always busy. Service in the kitchen and reception needs to be improved.

• 11th Jun 2014

Front desk is always very busy, but they usually had 3 people working it, just so many people coming and going. Very busy hostel. Drinks at bar are really pricey. A little cheaper and I would have had more (and spent more).

We stayed in the new building so everything was clean, tidy and modern. We knew of another couple who stayed in the old building and said it was the worst ever, so I would suggest to state to them that you only want to stay in the new building at the back.

The staff really need training in cs and the reception needs complete re-organisation. Waited nearly half hour to check in and no apology given (another guest waited 1.5 hours). An info point separate to reception would stream line this. The staff didn't provide any extra information and weren't friendly nor approachable. Really had to ask for everything specifically. They turned off the lights outside without telling us they were closing. Why didn't bar tender say anything when we bought drink?

positive: - surpisingly very clean! bathroom and shower in the bedroom instead of out in the hallway, though shared with 8 roommates - bedroom was quiet and roommates were respectful, option to party downstairs and out at the bars if you're interested. I also lucked out and got a full-sized bed, which also had a desk next to it. - lockers are available; bring your own lock negative: - not centrally located. Close to Accademia but ~25 min walk to the river - long lines for checkin/out

It was extremely over priced considering our air conditioner did not work, our bathroom had mould in it which we are now sick from and the food/drink was very expensive for poor service and low quality. When we passed this information on to staff there seemed to be little they could do for us, couldn't even offer us a room where the A/C worked. We constantly had to go back to reception because our key card wouldn't work. We will not recommend this place to any of our friends travelling.

Good hostel

This is more like a hotel then a hostel. There's no kitchen to prepare your own meals. Apart from that we had quite a pleasant stay here. The staff were friendly, the restaurant downstairs is pretty good, the rooms were cleaned every day.

This is a pretty great hostel, clean, fun, and in walking distance to all the sights. You can meet a bunch of cool people here. The breakfast costing €6 is a bit much for the meager spread. The staff is pretty helpful.

loved it!

Really good to jump in the pool, but the beds are very poor should be better quality for the price of a night

I really liked this hostel, it was close to the city centre and had a great vibe too. I feel The pool area needed a bit more room but otherwise no other complaints. Highly recommend, great value for money!

Plus Hostel Florence is nice, in general. However, some of the staffs at the reception (only some, not all) are not so friendly and do not support us so quickly. The location is perfectly convenient for us. One recommendation for the hostel: you should put the Florence maps at the counter so that guests can find those map themselves, instead of asking the staffs for a map. In general, I am pleasure with the serivces and the accommodation

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Vietnam

I was staying in a 3-people bedroom with my friends. It was an awesome experience. I was expecting this to be a regular hostel but turns out it is a proper hotel. One thing to note though there were quite a lot of mosquitoes and I find their dead bodies lying around the curtain areas. The ventilation of the room was not that great either. But the bed and the shower were GREAT! I will definitely come back when I visit Florence again.

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

Had such an amazing stay here, The staff and facilities really make this hostel worth staying at . Specifically the pool/pool bar, a great way to relax and enjoy some down time. Bartenders Andrea and Piotr honestly made me want to come back. They are very helpful with navigating Florence and really make this a great place to stay! They are both worth coming for, wouldn't of stayed as long as I did without them. Even if it's a short stay ask for Andrea and Piotr and they will show you a good time

• 2nd Jun 2014