PLUS Florence Reviews

Via Santa Caterina d'Alessandra 17, Florence, Italy

The staff really need training in cs and the reception needs complete re-organisation. Waited nearly half hour to check in and no apology given (another guest waited 1.5 hours). An info point separate to reception would stream line this. The staff didn't provide any extra information and weren't friendly nor approachable. Really had to ask for everything specifically. They turned off the lights outside without telling us they were closing. Why didn't bar tender say anything when we bought drink?

positive: - surpisingly very clean! bathroom and shower in the bedroom instead of out in the hallway, though shared with 8 roommates - bedroom was quiet and roommates were respectful, option to party downstairs and out at the bars if you're interested. I also lucked out and got a full-sized bed, which also had a desk next to it. - lockers are available; bring your own lock negative: - not centrally located. Close to Accademia but ~25 min walk to the river - long lines for checkin/out

It was extremely over priced considering our air conditioner did not work, our bathroom had mould in it which we are now sick from and the food/drink was very expensive for poor service and low quality. When we passed this information on to staff there seemed to be little they could do for us, couldn't even offer us a room where the A/C worked. We constantly had to go back to reception because our key card wouldn't work. We will not recommend this place to any of our friends travelling.

Good hostel

This is more like a hotel then a hostel. There's no kitchen to prepare your own meals. Apart from that we had quite a pleasant stay here. The staff were friendly, the restaurant downstairs is pretty good, the rooms were cleaned every day.

This is a pretty great hostel, clean, fun, and in walking distance to all the sights. You can meet a bunch of cool people here. The breakfast costing €6 is a bit much for the meager spread. The staff is pretty helpful.

loved it!

Really good to jump in the pool, but the beds are very poor should be better quality for the price of a night

I really liked this hostel, it was close to the city centre and had a great vibe too. I feel The pool area needed a bit more room but otherwise no other complaints. Highly recommend, great value for money!

Plus Hostel Florence is nice, in general. However, some of the staffs at the reception (only some, not all) are not so friendly and do not support us so quickly. The location is perfectly convenient for us. One recommendation for the hostel: you should put the Florence maps at the counter so that guests can find those map themselves, instead of asking the staffs for a map. In general, I am pleasure with the serivces and the accommodation

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Vietnam

I was staying in a 3-people bedroom with my friends. It was an awesome experience. I was expecting this to be a regular hostel but turns out it is a proper hotel. One thing to note though there were quite a lot of mosquitoes and I find their dead bodies lying around the curtain areas. The ventilation of the room was not that great either. But the bed and the shower were GREAT! I will definitely come back when I visit Florence again.

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

Had such an amazing stay here, The staff and facilities really make this hostel worth staying at . Specifically the pool/pool bar, a great way to relax and enjoy some down time. Bartenders Andrea and Piotr honestly made me want to come back. They are very helpful with navigating Florence and really make this a great place to stay! They are both worth coming for, wouldn't of stayed as long as I did without them. Even if it's a short stay ask for Andrea and Piotr and they will show you a good time

• 2nd Jun 2014

Cabin was covered in dust/pollen. Had to borrow a broom from reception to sweep it out. Nice pool, cheap accommodation- just a trek out of town.

The room I had was next to the main road and reception on numerous times was woken by excessive noise coming from either location

I've stayed in quite a few hostels on my trip and this one is by far one of my favorites. Just the location is perfect - it's so easy to find and it's located a minute away from the beach, the market and Old Nice. The staff is wonderful - everybody was very helpful and constantly smiling. The whole place is also very clean and pretty quiet at night, and more importantly, very safe. I would definitely stay there again!

Good hostel, friendly staff.

Over all experience was good, only suggestion would be to install fly screens on the windows. We constantly had mosquitoes in our room and both of us were bitten all night every night that we stayed.

• 31st May 2014
  • New Zealand

Large hostel, More like a hotel. Clean and new facilities. 8 bed dorm room large space. 30 minute wait in line to check-in, once you get to the front they give you your key and take your passports and ask you to return when it is quieter to pay rather than fulfil the entire check-in process which you lined up so long for! There were always people waiting in line at reception so it was never a good time to go back. Recommend more staff to cope with the high demand.

Clean and spacious. Breakfast is good, but costs 6€. A bit of a hike from the train station, but easy directions. The atmosphere is great if you're looking for a party. Large high school/tour groups stayed here.

My second time staying here and I'll always come back! Rooms are big and clean, the pools are amazing and the outdoor area is sick! Front desk needs a little work with efficiency as I waited multiple occasions while there was no line and 3 or more staff standing around, but overall Incredible Hostel!!