PLUS Florence Reviews

Via Santa Caterina d'Alessandra 17, Florence, Italy

Cabin was covered in dust/pollen. Had to borrow a broom from reception to sweep it out. Nice pool, cheap accommodation- just a trek out of town.

The room I had was next to the main road and reception on numerous times was woken by excessive noise coming from either location

I've stayed in quite a few hostels on my trip and this one is by far one of my favorites. Just the location is perfect - it's so easy to find and it's located a minute away from the beach, the market and Old Nice. The staff is wonderful - everybody was very helpful and constantly smiling. The whole place is also very clean and pretty quiet at night, and more importantly, very safe. I would definitely stay there again!

Good hostel, friendly staff.

Over all experience was good, only suggestion would be to install fly screens on the windows. We constantly had mosquitoes in our room and both of us were bitten all night every night that we stayed.

• 31st May 2014
  • New Zealand

Large hostel, More like a hotel. Clean and new facilities. 8 bed dorm room large space. 30 minute wait in line to check-in, once you get to the front they give you your key and take your passports and ask you to return when it is quieter to pay rather than fulfil the entire check-in process which you lined up so long for! There were always people waiting in line at reception so it was never a good time to go back. Recommend more staff to cope with the high demand.

PLUS Florence was great. First the location was ideal. It was not far from the David and the cathedral. We walked it multiple times a day. The rooms are very nice with privet bathrooms. The breakfast and hang out rooms are all very nice and top notch. Overall it is a very high quality hostel!

Clean and spacious. Breakfast is good, but costs 6€. A bit of a hike from the train station, but easy directions. The atmosphere is great if you're looking for a party. Large high school/tour groups stayed here.

My second time staying here and I'll always come back! Rooms are big and clean, the pools are amazing and the outdoor area is sick! Front desk needs a little work with efficiency as I waited multiple occasions while there was no line and 3 or more staff standing around, but overall Incredible Hostel!!

This was very similar to staying in a hotel. We had our own room that was the cleanest of all the hostels that we have stayed in. There was also a daily cleaning service. I would highly recommend staying here.

Florence is incredible expensive to stay in, but you should spend more because you get your values worth here. Be careful with your things though. Witnessed a guy have his passport and other valuables stolen from him as he was about to check in simply by looking away.

Our 3 bedroom en suite was like a hotel! We were so happy with it. It was clean and in a great location. I have since recomended Plus to other traveling friends.

• 26th May 2014

PLUS Florence was a decent hostel--nice, but nothing really over-the-top great about it. The room was adequate, but it was annoying that you had to go down to the front desk to get your A/C turned on. There was also a huge tour group there that was really loud out at the bar until late in the night, and with thin walls it was loud in the room. The front desk staff were helpful, even though there was almost always a line to chat with them. Location was great--short walk from train station.

The hostel is well-organized and big. The staffs are nice and helpful. I was staying in 8 beds dorm room, and it was clean and spacious. Each bed has an outlet, so you don't need to worry about the charging problem. I will definitely come back when I visit Florence again.

It was too noisy. Hostel is look ok, but the room next to the street is too noisy. and I bought some home made pasta in the restaurant..it was cold for dinner, so it was cooked one day before..

Best hostel ive ever been to hands down!!! Only down side is the drink cost to much but u can get youre oun

The beds were the worst I've experienced in Europe so far with saggy mattresses and squeaky frames. The bar was loud and though I was on the 3rd floor we could feel the music until 1am. You have to ask at reception for the AC to be turned on - a must to try and muffle some of the bar music. Lockers only take thin locks like a luggage lock or ski lock. Reception was always busy

Nice decent sized rooms. Pretty noisy at night though.

More like a hotel than a hostel. Good if your travelling with a group of people, not really made for the lone person coming through. No common room, instead there is a restaurant/bar which I never visited. Florence is a very walkable city so location isn't bad from city center & main train station. Lockers is my room were useless as the hinges on them just spun even with a lock. Dealt with large group of young Italian students here on a field trip, not cool as they knocked on doors at night.

Huge room, friendly staff, great location. Downside to our stay was there was no shower curtain in our bathroom and because the shower head is placed on the wall besides the toilet and sink, when having a shower the whole bathroom and floor gets wet. It was also extremely noisy at night.