PLUS Florence Reviews

Via Santa Caterina d'Alessandra 15, Florence, Italy

Overall really great hostel with everything you need in a good location.. Only negative was that some staff are quite rude, especially the outside bar tender with the pony tail.

Massive hostel/hotel about 10 minutes from the train station and the cathedral. Great beds, air con, swimming pool with bar attached! Happy hour every night and they have a restaurant with averagely priced average food (but there's plenty of really nice food in Florence so we usually ate out). Had an awesome time here, met lots of different nationalities and loved drinking on the rooftop terrace which had some of the best views of the city. Would definitely book again!

Ok hostel - very big so pretty hard so socialise and meet people. Toilet was partially broken and limited power sockets in room (mine was broken also) Otherwise decent for location etc

Great Hostel! Downstairs bar was lots of fun and the staff was very helpful. Bathrooms could have used a good cleaning but other than that it was very comfortable and perfect for just one night.

Security = poor. No card to enter building. Had a key for our room, but the door to the balcony accessible by anybody wouldn't lock. There is also no kitchen. We bought our own food but was denied basic things a typical traveller would need such as a bowl, cutlery, plates etc. Expensive breakfast looked great but for a backpacker, paying $7 every morning on top of eating out for lunch & dinner is the last thing you want. the hostel lacked atmosphere. Staff were nice. internet okay.

Reception is always busy and the staff don't really spend time dealing with your enquiry well, they always seem like they're in a rush to get rid of you. Also had a problem with the key cards, half the people in my rooms key cards didn't work. Also I wasn't told anything about the facilities, or the hostel, or anything to do in Florence which I don't believe was good service. The rooms have an old fashioned feel to them, for the price I paid I don't think it was worth it.

It was very nice that there was air conditioning, although the temperature was a little too cold for my taste. Very friendly and helpful staff. Nice that there was a restaurant as it was convenient after a long and tiring day of sightseeing in Florence.

• 20th Aug 2015

No hostel but hotel!! If you are used to stay in hostelsand like it this might not be the right place for you... They don't have a kitchen, the washing maschine is 4€ (!!) and what was so sad was that the stuff was extremely rude!! The hotel is okay but just because of the stuff I cannot recommend to go there! They acted like they don't care about us at all and gave us the feeling that we had to apologize for asking to check us in.. I felt really sorry for that because this is their.. Job!!

There definitely needs to be more lounge chairs bought for around the pool. We always had to wait on the tables outside for one and we saw many people simply turning around and leaving because none were available

This place seems like an old hotel turned hostel. Spacious rooms with clean bathrooms but drainage was a minor issue. The free towel use and shampoo is a bonus but would have been really juice to have a kitchen.

The hostel was great. The view on the rooftop was really great. I had wish the terace stayed open later. It closed at 11 o'clock. Generally, pretty good.

This hostel was awesome! The rooms were nice because they had a private bathroom in it. The outdoor pool and bar were nice to hang out at. The location was really close to everything.

As it seems with all plus hostels, they're run quite a lot like hotels in their professionalism and scale. It's in a nice location, about a 15 minute walk from the Duomo and maybe another 5 or 10 to most of the other big attractions. Breakfast is a bit pricey for what it is, if your pockets are a bit smaller you might consider eating out instead. The bar, terrace and pool where great, most nights the bar was pretty busy and social. Very much a good home base for exploring Florence.

Good hostel for the money you pay. Bathroom and shower good and wifi was good in the room. Directions to the hostel were fab. Would recommend to young travellers. Also handy that they give you complementary shampoo and soap. Thank you, we had a lovely stay.

for party yes.. gor the other things; do not believe the photos

I loved the hostel. I booked a private room and it was great! Very clean and excelent beds. 20 minutes walking from the Duomo.

Plus Florence was unreal! Has everything covered... Clean, great vibes, secure, great staff, good location, bar, pool good meals! Great value for what you pay! Enjoyed our stay here well worth it

GREAT hostel. Huge hostel. Good, cheap restaurant and outside bar. Really nice location and superclean! Everything you want in an hostel!

Our room hadn't been cleaned when we checked in which was a bit strange, but other than that our stay was lovely. The outdoor pool area is new and seems unfinished, needs more sun beds and space, the pool was a little on the chilly side and should have stayed open longer. The bar and outdoor area closed at different times every night which was a bit annoying, cutting into socialising. Other than that, it upholds the great Plus reputation.

I didn't love this hostel. The air conditioning doesn't work well and it was hard to sleep because it was sweltering in the room. I gotten eaten alive by Mosquitos in the pool area. The wifi didn't work in my room. If you want to use the computer stations they give you a 30 min Internet code and then the computer cuts out and you lose whatever you were working on. I canceled the rest of my reservation here.

• 14th Aug 2015