PLUS Florence Reviews

Via Santa Caterina d'Alessandra 17, Florence, Italy

The rooms were clean and secure. Florence is a small, walkable city, so the location is also great. They had a pool which I never used, but it looked beautiful. The restaurant and bar cooked good food and was pretty affordable. I felt like I was staying at a resort. It's too bad I got sick shortly before arriving. Also, after someone accidentally claimed my bed, we both got fresh sheets for free right away. The staff was very helpful.

Finding the hostel was pretty straight forward which was great. The hostel was very busy which isn't always a good thing. Some building works were going on when I stayed which wasn't great when you have been walking all day and get woken up by the loud noise and have to leave the room! I wasn't informed about much at the reception about the facilities and where everything was so I had to find out things for myself. I did get given a map of the city which I found useful!

Dear guest, thanks so much for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at Plus Florence. Reception is always busy because we welcome a huge number of guests but we are 24h open and alway available to help people and give information and details!Come back soon to visit us! Best regards

Great facilities and the place was spotless. I stayed in a 4 bed dorm and the room was great. The pool was perfect after a day in the sun and the onsite bar and restaurant were good. Got eaten alive by Mosquitos down at the pool bar though, so use insect repellant. Only downside for me was the breakfast quality.

Dear guest, thank you very much for visiting us and for sharing your opinion, which is very important and help us to improve day by day. Breakfast is available for 6 euros but you can get cold and hot drinks, eggs, bacon, beans,Cakes, biscuits, jam and much more. Unfortunately mosquitos are a frequent presence in Italy in summertime.. I apologize for this unconvenient! Best regards

Great location near main train station. Very clean and safe. Our private room was big and had a fan to keep us cool at night. Very fun atmosphere. Loved the poolside bar. Staff was very helpful. We would definitely stay here again!

Really nice clean hostel. Massive security lockers for each person in each room. No shower issues. Pool, bar and restaurant area were large and really nice. The 6 euro all you can eat breakfast was good value and had excellent variety. Also included juice and fancy coffees.

Dear guest, thank you very much for sharing your opinion. I am glad you loved the location and our facilities. The restaurant offers many different types of International and Italian dishes for an excellent value for money. Thanks for visiting us!

Nice that they had a pool, although I didn't go in. The wifi was the worst that I've ever experienced at a hostel. As someone who uses their phone as a primary travel resource to book/plan, it was a major setback. My bathroom smelled like old pee the whole stay. Nice, chill atmosphere. First hostel that I got a good night's sleep at, despite the large dorm room.

Dear guest, thanks for sharing your opinion. Plus Florence is an ideal place to meet people from all over the world. Furthermore, it is only 10 minutes walking from the city centre and to the main attractions. We had some problems in the WIFI connection but now everything is fixed and it's working properly. Rooms and bathrooms are cleaned everyday with desinfectant products. Best regards

Great hostel. Well located within walking distance of the main station and Florence attractions. Good bar, pool, terrace facilities. Clean room. No complaints.

great hostel! bring a small padlock.

Dear guest, thanks for sharing your opinion. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at Plus Florence, the location close to the centre and our friendly staff. Plus Florence is just 10 minutes walking from Duomo and very close to the new Mercato Centrale, the Italian food market. Best regards

Very good facilities for a hostel. The location is a bit too close to a few sketchy streets (which tourists should stay away from at night), but stick to the main Via Nationale road and its fine.

Dear guest, thanks for sharing your opinion. Plus Florence is 10 minutes walking from the train station and there are several buses as well. The area in the surrounding is quiet and the entire city is safe. Best regards

Stayed in an 8 mixed dorm and thought the atmosphere of the hostel was good and the location was very good once we figured our way around the city

Dear guest, thank you for writing your opinion. I am glad you enjoyed your holiday at Plus Florence and our facilities. Best regards

Place was like a hotel, not a hostel. Not atmosphere and not the best place to meet people. I did enjoy the pool though after a long day walking the streets of Florence. The location is great with only a quick walk to the main streets and there were lots of restaurants around and very easy to access form the train station. Good place to stay if you are with a group..

Great atmosphere; a really fun hostel for those who want to hang out at the bar (great drinks!) or by the pool on the deck!

• 1st Jun 2015

Great location.friendly helpful staff.

Dear guest, thanks for sharing your opinion. Plus Florence is 10 minutes walking from the train station and there are several buses as well. The area in the surrounding is quiet and the entire city is safe! We wait for you in the future. Best regards

O hotel tem pessoas muito jovens e se você procura tranquilidade, talvez não seja o melhor lugar. Hotel muito organizado, com excelente café da manhã (precisa pagar 6 euros), bom staff.

Estimado cliente, muchas gracias por su comentario. Me alegro mucho de que les hayan gustado sus vacaciones y espero volver a verle pronto! Cordiales saludos

The rooms were quite tight for 8 people, and were quite warm as well. However they had individual plugs and individual lights which is very nice!

Customer service here was extremely disappointing. Firstly they checked us into someone else's private room. Then we had to wait over an hour for them to find another room for us. The room we ended up in just didn't seem very clean and the shower completely stopped every minute or so because there was no water in the pipes! In the end we managed to get a private room for our last night which was a lot nicer, the dorms were below average. Would not go back.

Hostel was clean enough. Staff was super offensive. I am in my 30's and my husband is 40, yet every time staff spoke to us (they were all under 25), they were condescending. Nowhere is it posted (it should be on the site before you reserve) that no products purchased off the grounds are allowed on site, but they try to enforce it. The food is BAD. 'Back doors'/windows in rooms don't lock properly. Great if u r 18 and want to get wasted drunk and be leered@by creeper staff and pretend to be adult

• 29th May 2015

Poor wifi in room / Noisy beds / indoor pool was closed / non appetising breakfast. Asked if it was possible to store some leftover lunch in the kitchen fridge and was told it was 'impossible' and against the law.... Overall expensive for what you got. Staff are really friendly. Just the place lacks proper facilities.

This hostel was so much more than I was expecting. HUGE, has a pool, delicious and cheap food and alcohol. The bartenders are awesome, especially Koomba! If you're looking to meet a ton of people and have some party time, this is definitely your hostel. There's a club downstairs but you can't hear music from your room. Lockers in every room and VERY clean shower and bathrooms. Make sure you close windows at night, Mosquitos attack. Just ask front desk to turn on your AC. Also, plugs at each bed!

Just a good all-round hostel.