PLUS Florence Reviews

Via Santa Caterina d'Alessandra 15, Florence, Italy

One of the best hostels I have stayed in during my whole Euro Trip. The staff was eager to help and the hostel was pretty clean. The sauna and the pool area was well maintained. The bar and the restaurant was pretty happening. The only thing that lacked was a locker system and a kitchen. They provide you with lockers, but no locks. You need to carry your own locks, which generally is not the case.

• 21st Nov 2015
  • India

would like to have had duvets as standard.

• 21st Nov 2015

I loved my time in Florence, and the atmosphere, general location and pricing of this hostel made the trip even better! The hostel was easy to find, and its staff were very helpful. Our room was extremely clean and quiet - probably one of the tidiest and freshest dorms I've slept in in Italy for sure! The only thing I'd suggest is to have more staff on the front desk, as the foyer got busy at times and the desk always seemed to be understaffed at night time.

All in all this is a good hostel. It's one of the mega hostels so it can be slightly harder to meet people. I wish it had a kitchen so we could make our own food, but it seemed like most people enjoyed the restaurant. I really liked the location and would definitely stay here again if I ended up in Florence.

Very comfortable hostel. It's a plus that they have a pool, sauna and steam room, and also a restaurant and bar in the basement. Staff are helpful if you have any questions and the location is about a 10 minute walk away from the train station. Would go back if I was to return to Florence!

I was here for almost a week and I loved it. I just wanted to live here. It was truly hard to leave. Alina the person in charge of cleaning my room on the second floor was just super caring and amazing. She cleaned everything very well (this was a 8 person dorm, believe me it needed a lot of cleaning). Alina was friendly and made me feel very comfortable. Always chatted me up and gave solutions to my accommodation needs. The food was really great. The staff at the front desk work super hard.

Nice & clean with many facilities such as laundry, indoor swimming pool, sauna for good relaxing after visiting whole day long.

Good hostel. Staff seemed to be irritated easily.

Would stay again! Basically no atmosphere other than at the basement bar. Wifi mediocre at best. Clean rooms, grrrrreat shower and bathroom. Close enough to the attractions and everything else.

Great hostel if you are planning an extended stay. A short walk to the Duomo and really everything else. Ended up spending 10 nights after planning on 7. Beds get a little uncomfortable after about 5. Off season so the bar downstairs was dead, but the staff were great. The pool, sauna and Turkish bath are an excellent way to relax after a day of walking the charming little streets. Would stay again.

A good hostel located in a convenient location considering where I needed to be. Power outlets and a small lamp were at every bed which made charging electrics and staying up later than others a nonissue. The toilet only flushed half of the time and soap wasn't really available. If I ever ended up back in Florence, though, I would most likely return.

The place is ok, it has a lot of common areas which I appreciate. It's like 15 minute walk from train station Firenze SMN, although the street to get there is quite narrow. The breakfast is not included hiwever for 6€ you can get a very nice and big one (probably the best I had during my trip in Europe)

It is good place to stay, near train station, good facilities, big room, and quite convenient to use luggage room.

Staff would make you wait for a long time without even acknowledging you. Wifi was bad quality, always dropped out. No common area and no kitchen. It was like a hotel with dorm rooms not a hostel.

Very nice hostel, although more like a hotel. Comfy beds, although a little squeaky. Large rooms. Swimming pool area was a bonus. Only downside was no real common room to meet other backpackers. Would recommend and would stay here again.

Just your average hostel. Easy to meet people, nice rooms and facilities. Only complaint is the staff. They were unfriendly to the point where I remembered it. I didn't find them to be personal and did not provide any information about the city. After requesting some help with things to do, they weren't of much use. Place feels more like a hotel.

Great place, great facilities and great people! Best of all, it's clean! . Staff members could do better by just a simple smile? Location is about 1km away from the train station, so there abit of walking to do.

The only complaint I have about this hostel was there were no refrigerators for personal food. I ended up having to throw some stuff out which isn't ideal as a traveler. Felt a lot like a hotel which was a nice change of pace. Good deal for your money!

Extremely clean and has amazing facilities. It really does feel like more like a hotel than a hostel, which can be a good or bad thing. A bit hard to meet people as a backpacker since the place is huge. Staff are always busy checking people in or whatnot so even when I had a small question I had to wait. Place is definitely worth it for the money though.

I only stay here for one day before leaving but I found it really a good place to stay and get relax. There is a swimming pool, sauna and terrace with nice view.. Also you can meet nice people here. Highly recommended!