PLUS Florence Reviews

Via Santa Caterina d'Alessandra 17, Florence, Italy

Valuables were stolen from my dorm. One of my dormmates had a ring stolen and the other had her coat stolen on different days. The luggage room is NOT SECURE at all. The key is given freely without question and I walked in to find the luggage room WIDE OPEN with no one keeping watch. It's located right next to the entrance so anybody can walk in and grab things. The security at this place is known for being low so I was very cautious.

The wifi is kind of bad in the rooms, there is no place to common area only the bar downstairs, i guess it's a lot better on summer, with the pool and the terrace bar

• 18th Nov 2014
  • alexsl
  • Mexico

Kind of meh. Cheap, got a pool and a gym if you're into that. No kitchen which sucks and the atmosphere is pretty depressing. But it doesn't really matter if all you need is a bed for the night.

Fabulous place, and the steam room was awesome!!

Amazing value for money- the facilities including the restaurant, laundry, gym, pool and sauna were incredible. The beds were extremely comfy and placed with a lamp and charging unit which was extremely helpful. Great location, in walking distance from all the sites and surrounded by great food. All in all, a great stay.

Good atmosphere. More like a hotel considering there is a sauna, pool & gym. Staff are friendly and helpful and the buffet breakfast is good value. Wifi wasn't great however facilities were clean especially the shower temp & pressure. Would definitely stay there again.

It's one of the bests hostels I ever been. I think just missed a kitchen.

It may be big, but it's a pretty good deal for what you get. Rooms were pretty nice, lockers were big, ensuite for everyone, great all-you-can-eat breakfast for a reasonable price. Although a bit of a trek from the train station with luggage, it was easy enough to visit all the sights on foot from there.

The hostel is pretty good, the location is excellent, near the center, so we could go by walk to all the main touristic points. The wifi was really really bad and the reception was always like a mess, with too many people around and doing checkin and checkout, and there wasn't staff enough, so sometimes was difficult to talk about something with someone. But in general terms, the hostel is very good.

My roommates duct taped me to the floor :(

We were moved suddenly at 3 am to a different room that was drafty and unpleasant. Hostel made the mistake of overbooking our room, so when we came home at 3 am after a nice night out, we were the ones who had to suffer for some reason, and were forced to move all our stuff into a new room and struggle with the desk attendant. Staff did not care at all. My friend even lost her umbrella in the hasty room change imposed on us, and they didn't care about that either. I would not recommend.

• 14th Nov 2014

Great hostel with great accomodations, great deal for the money I paid!

Clean, comfortable, modern. Liked having a towel plug and light at my bed and great shower. No atmosphere and so difficult to meet people, not allowed alcohol of your own in the bar. Location was decent. They had computers to use which is a plus as a traveler (get it PLUS) lolz. Decent stay.

Very good hostel. I've been there for 2 nights and for me it's worthy it!

One of the best hostel that I have been so far. Thak you alot for the hospitality and in future if can, please make the check in time earlier at 12pm.. Thanks

The facilities and rooms were really good value for money. The hostel is very big and without a common room (a bar/restaurant while nice doesn't provide the same space for coming together) so lacks atmosphere. But overall very good.

Our staying there was quite nice except for one night when there were a lot of young students from a couple of high schools who made a lot of noise all night long. The hostel has everything you need and the staff is OK (for Italy).

This hostel was such a wonderful find! When I was reading the reviews, my expectations were really high and I am glad to say I was NOT disappointed. It went above and beyond what I expected. When I think hostel, I think super cheap and a little dingy and Plus Florence is anything but! My friend and I opted for a private double room. The room was super clean, super new, and super chique. The toilets had a bidet for goodness sakes! And the night was only 19 euros!

• 9th Nov 2014

Paid 20 euros for a 6 person mixed, everything was good minus the fact of mosquitoes, woke up with quite a few in the mornings and so did my buddies!

Massive hostel, but you go in knowing that and it's not too bad, still able to meet people if you're outgoing enough.