PLUS Florence Reviews

Via Santa Caterina d'Alessandra 17, Florence, Italy

A big hostel with extra facilities like swimming pool, sauna, gym and others. No kitchen for guest though. Counter staff were rather stretched during peak check in/out periods. Overall, good place!

Dear guest, thank you very much for sharing your opinion. I am glad you loved the location, close to the main attractions in town . Staff is helpful and friendly and they really love giving information and helping guests in every kind of request. They all work in tourism since years and are well usued to massive work :-) Best regards,

It's a nice hostel. Very good facilities. Should introduce some activities to make it more social place.

Dear guest, thank you for writing your opinion. I am glad you enjoyed your holiday at Plus Florence and our facilities. People love meeting bythe pool bar to enjoy happy hour and bar staff members organize karaoke and party as well! I hope you could come back in the future! Best regards

I only stayed here for a last-minute stay on Florence. It's more like a hotel than a hostel, so it was different to see families here and kids running around. Great location and I had a good time. Would recommend maybe a smaller place if you want the hostel experience, but it was good for my last minute booking.

I thought this hostel was very good to stay in except I didn't like how we only had 1 shower for the 12 people that were staying in the room. It was really nice that we were able to keep our luggage in storage while we toured the city and we knew it would be safe. The wifi connection was excellent in our rooms! Another plus :)

• 30th Apr 2015

Nice place! It's a hostel but has many rooms and floors so it's very much like a hotel. Pool was great! Breakfast was ok in the morning. Rooms cleaned each day which was nice :) The staff seemed to busy to care about each guest. I'd probably stay here again

A hotel with dorm style rooms. The best hostel I have stayed in for facilities, and not for over the top prices. Swimming pool and sauna a perfect way to relax and recharge after a days sightseeing. Excellent location for walking to city sights or train station. Only complaint was that the bar was the only place to sit and meet other travelers.

The staff was awesome! We had a problem when we checked in at midnight, but the staff member at the front desk was very helpful and got it solved as quickly as possible. The room was not extremely clean, my feet got really dirty when I walked around without shoes on. I paid for breakfast one day and it was very good; it was a buffet so I was able to eat enough that I could skip lunch! The hostel is a little bit of a walk from the main sites (10-15 minutes), so not bad!

My friend and I were traveling together and we asked to be put in the same room but they said it wasn't possible. When I got to my room the only other people there were two older guys, and the third bed wasn't taken... I would have been a lot more comfortable if my friend had been in the room with me. Would be nice if they had a kitchen and not just a cafeteria service, and they ask you not to eat or drink in the common spaces, rooms, or on the terrace.

Nothing particular to write about this place. Annoying that they decided to restock the kitchen at 4am outside my dorm window. Apart from that, clean, not too far from the city centre. I've heard from others that they've had a great experience so could have just been me.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at PLUS Hostel. However, there was one point when I went away for a day trip to the countryside and came back to find someone had taken my bed. It wasn't a huge deal, but I went down to reception where I was given new bedsheets and basically instructed to figure it out. I just thought it was poor service for such a highly valued hostel. I made the suggestion that they label the beds with numbers, so they are able to keep track of which beds belong to whom.

i don't understand why people still going to any other hotels while this beautiful Hostel is arround... it's fantastic, everything you ever need in one building.. fantastic...

Plus is more like a hotel so it felt pretty clean with good facilities. I felt the atmosphere was quite poor considering there were two bars the downstairs one was pretty dead even on a Saturday night, also the wifi didn't work very well in the rooms, on and off, and I would have expected it to for the price. However the staff were very pleasant and my room was large and clean so I was comfortable

Good for our one night stay. Wifi was struggling some but overall a good experience.

Decent hostel, I would stay again. Bathrooms in the rooms are functional but kind of old and tired. Not enough seating in the lobby (only 4 chairs, no couches). Enjoyed the breakfast in the morning for 6 euros. Staff were very friendly but not super knowledgeable.

The hostel was just 'ok;. It was loud and noisy ALL the time!!!!! There were several student trips I think so we had to deal with crowded lobbies, loud children and just a bit of annoyance. The beds were fine though (a bit worn but what do you expect), but it was close to the city centre AND had a lovely rooftop view of the city! The staff were nice and accommodating, but honestly the hostel itself was nothing special. I only stayed one night and I'd probably do it again due to the price.

A good hostel. Wonderful roof terrace.

My rating for the staff only reflects on one man that was very rude and hassled both me and my friend late at night when we had done nothing wrong- he had overbooked our room and made it seem like it was our fault- very unprofessional.

• 19th Apr 2015

Hostel was good location, the centre was not far easily access by foot. Rooms were good, but locks in the room didn't work properly, so didn't feel that valuables were ever safe. They tighten the locks but still could open, which wasn't good but may have only been for the room we was staying in.

Hostel was easy to get to and a good location. The hostel is massive and was overrun by school kids the entire time which was unpleasant as they were extremely loud. Rooftop terrace was brilliant. Staff were helpful. Wifi everywhere. Breakfast is worth paying for. The "gym" had three machines, one of which wasn't working.

Definitely not as close to the city center as you would think but it is all very reachable.