PLUS Florence Reviews

Via Santa Caterina d'Alessandra 17, Florence, Italy

Great except 1)sleeping right next to noisy street(cars running over stone whole day and night), and 2)toilet flushing sound right behind my pillow in the morning, 3)wifi is super slow even my room is right next to lobby where wifi is best, 4) sauna is not hot at all. Swimming is cold, but i like it. Likely to recommend.

Dear guest, thanks for your suggestion. We fixed the problem with WIFI connection and we'll check sauna's and pool's temperature. Thanks for visiting us! Best regards

This place is more like a hotel and is a bit more expense than other hostels. The place is huge and they don't have the staff or the luggage room to accommodate the size. The staff was so kind though! The place has some nice amenities, like a pool and gym, but if the purpose of your trip is to travel, you won't use them, so they are not really worth paying for. This place is really nice, clean, and safe. I just think it may not be worth the money!

Dear guest, first of all thanks for visiting us. Plus Florence is one of the biggest and most important hostel in Italy, that's why is so popular :-) We thought about opening a Spa 'cause winter could be pretty cold here and some relax could be appreciated after a long day walking around the city (however it's free!). We hope to see you again! Best regards

One of the best hostels I stayed ever. The personnel were not only kind but also friendly, they always had a smile and trying to give you support, any time. The only thing I would suggest is to accept credit card in bar and in restaurant. They only accepted cash but I would highly recommend this hostel but also whether I returned to Florence I will be stay there. The atmosphere is like hotel.

Dear guest, your words make us so happy. We work hard everyday and try to do our best to satisfy our guests! We're looking forward to welcome you again! Best regards

The staff were very friendly and helpful, the breakfast was very good, and the location excellent. They also had free computer usage, which was great. We gave our important documents to the staff behind the counter, but there were no free locks available to keep the rest of our things safe.

This is more like a hotel then hostel. The pool and sauna are nice. It's just a 15 minute walk to the academia and tourist area. The breakfast was ok, the dinner meal was great (standard Italy food). The room we stayed in was really nice and seemed pretty new. Had a tv. Overall this is a really good place to stay.

Dear guest, thanks for sharing your opinion. I'm glad you enjoyed our free facilities and our meals. Our rooms have been renovated recently and are equipped with TV, air conditionig/heating, courtesy kit, private bathroom. Best regards

This hostel is in a good location - can easily walk to most sites within 20 minutes. Has good facilities although we didn't use most (i.e. the pool) while we were there. It also has a great, cheap breakfast. However, not a good overall experience. For starters, the wifi is terrible (hardly ever worked, and when it did, was slow)! And the staff was not very friendly. I asked to be put in a room with a friend and was refused, although there was an empty bed in that room the duration of our stay.

It generally is a very good hostel, just one point is bad that you have to wait for an extremely long time at the reception. There are hundreds of travellers stay in that big hostel, but just one staff would help you at the reception. It took me 30 mins to check in, then they took my passport and asked me to be back an hour later, then another 30 mins wait at my second visit. Moreover, if u wanna ask about other information, u hv to queue up again. The staff at reception is super busy.

The staff that give me the key was very unfriendly, i think that he was stressed because the hostel was quite big for few staffs. But our room was ok.

Great price, although the room seemed to not have been cleaned. I woke up from my stay with itchy bites all over my legs and arms for two mornings.. After switching hostels and washing my clothes well I haven't gotten any more bites, but beware of bedbugs!

Best hostel I've been so far! Just go, you won't regret it. They also sell breakfast in their restaurant (6€, all you can it, a good variety of food). I would definitely go back! - Melhor hostel que fiquei até agora! Apenas vá, você não vai se arrepender. Eles também vendem café da manhã no restaurante deles (6 euros, tudo que você puder comer, boa variedade de comida). Eu definitivamente voltaria lá!

Very nice hostel, with a great bar and excellent amenities, like a swimming pool, a sauna, and a rooftop terrace. The location is decent. Staff are excellent and welcoming. The wifi is pretty bad though.

Cool beans. Dug it.

I love Florence and I loved the hostel. I mean... I think you couldn't ask for more when you think of a hostel. Just have to walk 10 blocks from the train station but... the kindness of the people, the security, the nice and clean installations... and the good food! I would definitelly come back and also recomend it!

This hostel is perfect, the rooms and the whole facility are very clean, it has a good restaurant and it's close to the city center and the train station. Highly recommend.

A good choice for staying one night, just like me.

• 13th Dec 2014
  • China

It is modern and practical, also very large, there is no youth hostel atmosphere. The staff tends to chjat a lot before taking care of the customers.

Plus Florence Hostel was a good experience, the hostel is quite big, they have a swimming pool, so that's cool. Also in room you have a private bathroom, so that's also cool. The check in is only after 2 pm, so that's not so good, but they have a room for your luggage, so that's not a big issue. Check out is at 10 am, but that's ok also. The breakfast costs 6 EUR, but it's worth the money. You can eat and drink as much as you want. I would definitely come back.

It was like staying in a hotel - when you are backpacking you don't normally get such luxury. The only downside was that it was near impossible to make friends if you are travelling alone as everyone seemed to be part of a large school group.

Only stayed one night but food was nice, staff was friendly and rooms were clean, wish I got to try out the pool and stuff though... Maybe next time

More like a hotel. Big bus tour groups stay here but I was in a room with other solo travelers. Location is 10 min walk from train station and 15 min walk to center. There's not a good common area for meeting people outside your room. Shower was hot and great water pressure! Wifi worked better on ground floor and I had some problems with it on the 3rd floor.