PLUS Florence Reviews

Via Santa Caterina d'Alessandra 17, Florence, Italy

This is the RyanAir of hostels. Everything costs extra and they nickel and dime you for just about everything. Upstairs staff is nice but steer clear of anything in the restaurant as they have not the slightest notion of customer service. Atmosphere is quite impersonal also.

My stay in this hostel was not what I expected. Paying 50€ for a mixed shared room with other 7 people happened to be my worst experience in hostels as I got a room where there were bugs, ants and flyes. Sincerely it was an awfull experience I don't recommend nobody to have. Bathroom are ok but not clean you can see stains of mug in the showers. Poor cleaning at a high cost. Mattress are 6cm high are hollowed in the center and the bed I had got flyes.Only recom it for bar and summer pool

• 9th Oct 2014

I found this place very disappointing and over priced. I paid €50 a night for a 6 bed dorm, I thought maybe because it was a week before arriving they were filling up and had upped the price, but on arrival, my room always had a bed or two spare and it wasn't the weekend. I would not have minded had the dorm had better bathroom facilities, the shower was old and not the cleanest and didn't stay on it's holder. I found the staff to be not overly helpful either. In all I don't rate it very high.

• 8th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

The rooftop bar/ patio area with sweeping views of the city alone made this hostel worth a stay, it's helpful staff and other excellent amenities didn't hurt it either. It could seriously use screens on the widows because it got quite hot at night but when the windows were opened the Mosquitos came in.

friendly staff, good location, surround with place attraction.

The large size of this hostel made it impersonal and a bit unfriendly. Staff had no time to assist guests let alone be friendly. The rowdy nature of the large coach tours meant the bar and pool were both often crazy and busy - off-putting to a lone traveller like me. Overall not a bad hostel but probably better value for money if you are part of a large group.

Great facilities and a decent location walking distance to most of the sights. It is more of a large hotel than a hostel and as such the atmosphere for solo travellers isnt that great. Overall i would stay again as the rooms were large and clean, great for groups!

By far the best Plus in Italy. Very clean and modern room, with fresh towels everyday. The room and bathroom was always cleaned very well. It's easy to walk everywhere in Florence so the location is fine. The staff are mostly friendly, especially Javier. The breakfast is good but I'd suggest eating elsewhere for dinner.

Good location to the train station and city. Friendly staff. Good size dorm with comfy bed. Bathroom clean. Three of the cupboards in the dorm were broken so I had to share with my friend so security in lockers could be better. Good for the party/Gap year traveller with bar (with happy hour) though still more expensive than other hostels.

Really great place to stay.

We didn't enjoy our stay. No curfew in place so noise till all hours of the morning with people running around hallways etc. Also has on site bar with noise till late at night. Concerned about Bed Bugs after some from our group where affected. They moved Hostels. Reception often had long waiting even just to ask to put the air conditioner on or off in the room. Find a nice hotel for a similar price.

Good location

Best Hostel!!! Nice Staff, they speak almost every language, the place is nice and the rooms are great.

Excellent location, fantastic staff, modern clean rooms, great facilities. Truly a joy to stay here!

• 30th Sep 2014

Good location, 15mins walk from train station. Luggage room is locked, you have to ask them to unlock, has a camera inside. Staff is helpful, speak several languages and are chatty. BUT, you are not allowed to eat your food anywhere in hostel except for (maybe) lobby. They have a restaurant and want you to buy meals. Great if you are not on a budget and want to party, lost of young people.

Place was great. no complaints

Wish you were able to control the air conditioning in the rooms!

This place is pretty great! It was pretty pricy for a hostel, but you will see why when you see the building and ammentities. I met a lot of great people there and definitely enjoyed my stay. Missed dinner, but the breakfast was great!

Big hostel but a great place to stay! Really easy to make friends cause there are people everywhere. The whole place is pretty nice including the rooms, and the breakfast is pretty darn good for a hostel. Great stay here!

Great hostel, close to city centre. Friendly atmosphere and open all night. Good quality shower! Would stay here again for sure.

• 26th Sep 2014