PLUS Florence Reviews

Via Santa Caterina d'Alessandra 15, Florence, Italy

This hostel was fine. Perhaps a little overpriced for what it was but the location was decent and the facilities were fine. As its a HUGE building, it didn't have the kind of intimate social setting as other hostels I've been in, so that was a bummer. It kind of felt a bit cheesy with the presence of people on contiki style tours getting drunk and screaming each night. This hostel is not the best I've stayed at, but not the worst either. Would recommend if asked.

After a hard day this hostel is perfect! The swimming pool it is amazing

Great hostel with awesome facilities. The pool and the deck with a bar was great to relax.

Nicest hostel we've stayed in great location

We had booked a 4 bed and upon checkin the apologized for a mix up and tried to put us in an 8, we compromised on a 5. (We saw them have this same convo with bunch of people so be wary you may not get the room you sign up for). Staff was nice and helpful, good computer access/wifi. Amazing roof, pool bar and restaurant area, not crowded. Pool is cold tap water but it will do on a hot day! Lots of mosquitos. Good laundry facilities. AC in room made a noise that kept me up all night. Nice bathroom

On paper it is great hostel and I would recommend it - bar, food, pool, modern facilities, wifi. I just had an unfortunate experience. A staff told me incorrect information about changing rooms and while I was gone the staff broke the lock to my valuables and took what they assumed to be my luggage out of the room. About 70 euros of my beauty products were either thrown out or stolen by the cleaners and I never received compensation of any sort. Very disappointing by the staff.

This was a comfortable place. Could walk to any place I wanted to see or eat at. Not the most social, so it is good if your looking to not meet people and keep it chill. A plus is that it felt very secure.

The nicest hostel I've ever stayed in! Amazing atmosphere with the bar, pool and roof terrace. Made my greatest friends of my whole trip there.

We were pleasantly surprised at the large room size and included kitchen! Everything was clean and functional. Laundry facilities were good, and the location of the hostel is ideal. The front staff were kind and helpful.

• 21st Jun 2015

Typical Contiki/Topdeck type of hostel. Beds weren't great. Big lockers, showers were hot. Good facilities, but they aren't open all year. So kinda annoying. Located to the northern edge of the city centre. Not a long walk though to main sights though. I checked out early & didn't get a refund, like most places I have done.

Pretty average hostel. You can meet people alright but the big tour groups can be alienating. The staff were extremely rude at the reception desk and restaurant and their pasta was bland and only half cooked both times we ate it. I guess it just wasn't a very fun place. On a brighter note the pool and outdoor area was really cool.

There is no kitchen, and there is a rule that you can not eat food in your room. There is a restaurant on the premises where they direct you for meals (none of which are included). The hostel has a lovely pool area, but the area (when I stayed in early June) was overtaken by a loud group of backpackers who weren't great about sharing the space. It's about a seven minute walk from the property to the Duomo, and there's a grocery store one block away.

The thing I find with a hostel chain like Plus is that the hostels have more of a hotel feel rather than a hostel one. Due to the generally huge hostels, as a solo backpacker, it is quite difficult to get to know other travellers. Facilities wise, Plus Florence was great, with a swimming pool, and fairly centrally located. Was quite pricey for what you get but I know Florence is generally expensive anyways.

10 minute walk from SMN station, 10 to 20 min walk from all the major sights. Well maintained and clean rooms with comfortable beds. Needs more common space that is not a bar, though I admit I didn't go to the pool or the terrace.

Every guest can access to the luggage storage room meaning that anyone can steal the stuff inside the luggage, if only the staff can access and take care of our luggage would raise the security points up.

Dear guest, luggage room is a free service that we offer. Due to the big number of guests it's impossible for us to check who's going in and out. There are lockers for wallet, passports, laptop and valuable stuff. Best regards

A great place to stay! I would definitely come back!

Dear guest, thank you very much for sharing your opinion. I am glad you loved the location and our facilities. We wait for you again in the future!

Massive lockers and big room with clean lines. Breakfast costs 6 euros which is a bit expensive for hostels but delicious. Pretty walkable from the main train station(10min) but not easy if you carry a big suit case or backpack.

Really nice hostel! Only stayed here for one night, but during my stay everything was very clean. The location is good! About a 15/20 minute walk from the train station and then a 10 minute walk from Gallery Acadamia (David!). I would definitely stay here again on my next trip to Florence :)

• 14th Jun 2015

Squeaky bunkbeds need to be tightened up! add a shower stall so the water from the showerhead doesn't spray all over the bathroom.

• 11th Jun 2015

Internet was non existant through out the stay. free breakfast not provided

Dear guest, thank you very much for visiting us and for sharing your opinion, which is very important and help us to improve day by day. Breakfast is available for 6 euros but you can get cold and hot drinks, eggs, bacon, beans, Cakes, biscuits, jam and much more. We fixed WIFI and now internet connection is working properly. Best regards