PLUS Florence Reviews

Via Santa Caterina d'Alessandra 17, Florence, Italy

Nothing particular to write about this place. Annoying that they decided to restock the kitchen at 4am outside my dorm window. Apart from that, clean, not too far from the city centre. I've heard from others that they've had a great experience so could have just been me.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at PLUS Hostel. However, there was one point when I went away for a day trip to the countryside and came back to find someone had taken my bed. It wasn't a huge deal, but I went down to reception where I was given new bedsheets and basically instructed to figure it out. I just thought it was poor service for such a highly valued hostel. I made the suggestion that they label the beds with numbers, so they are able to keep track of which beds belong to whom.

i don't understand why people still going to any other hotels while this beautiful Hostel is arround... it's fantastic, everything you ever need in one building.. fantastic...

Plus is more like a hotel so it felt pretty clean with good facilities. I felt the atmosphere was quite poor considering there were two bars the downstairs one was pretty dead even on a Saturday night, also the wifi didn't work very well in the rooms, on and off, and I would have expected it to for the price. However the staff were very pleasant and my room was large and clean so I was comfortable

Good for our one night stay. Wifi was struggling some but overall a good experience.

Decent hostel, I would stay again. Bathrooms in the rooms are functional but kind of old and tired. Not enough seating in the lobby (only 4 chairs, no couches). Enjoyed the breakfast in the morning for 6 euros. Staff were very friendly but not super knowledgeable.

The hostel was just 'ok;. It was loud and noisy ALL the time!!!!! There were several student trips I think so we had to deal with crowded lobbies, loud children and just a bit of annoyance. The beds were fine though (a bit worn but what do you expect), but it was close to the city centre AND had a lovely rooftop view of the city! The staff were nice and accommodating, but honestly the hostel itself was nothing special. I only stayed one night and I'd probably do it again due to the price.

A good hostel. Wonderful roof terrace.

My rating for the staff only reflects on one man that was very rude and hassled both me and my friend late at night when we had done nothing wrong- he had overbooked our room and made it seem like it was our fault- very unprofessional.

• 19th Apr 2015

Hostel was good location, the centre was not far easily access by foot. Rooms were good, but locks in the room didn't work properly, so didn't feel that valuables were ever safe. They tighten the locks but still could open, which wasn't good but may have only been for the room we was staying in.

Hostel was easy to get to and a good location. The hostel is massive and was overrun by school kids the entire time which was unpleasant as they were extremely loud. Rooftop terrace was brilliant. Staff were helpful. Wifi everywhere. Breakfast is worth paying for. The "gym" had three machines, one of which wasn't working.

Definitely not as close to the city center as you would think but it is all very reachable.

Very good hostel with everything you could ever need: laundry, sauna/pool, computer room, bar/restaurant. Pretty close to Central Station, though about a 20 minute walk from most top sights. Good staff, didn't encounter a bad attitude ever. Some of the beds aren't that comfortable, but that's my only complaint. Good for solo travelers or big groups. Definitely recommend it!

LOVED IT HERE!! The staff was awesome and so helpful!

Staff is great and the room was great. Maybe specify what you mean by "gym" I was disappointed you didn't have weights.

Really cool-- awesome facilities. Breakfast is €6 but all you can eat so that was good. Have to work a little harder to meet people but I didn't really have a problem. The bathroom could have been cleaner, but overall I was really happy with my stay here. I'd stay again.

Clean facilities and having a pool was great. I was there when there was a school group but wish I had been there in summer as the place is well set up for backpackers.

We booked a twin private room. When we entered the super tiny room, we discovered a double bed!!!!! We expected two seperate beds... But we stayed for only one night, so we didn't want to make it big of a deal. Room clean, tiny and a little bit noisy cause it was in front of a road. It was ok.

You can have heat to your room if you ask for it. They will help you with something's but there wifi sucks and they add clueless on it. The bacon looked half raw and eggs were lots of water in them.

Very friendly staff and nice bedrooms and facilities

• 7th Apr 2015