PLUS Florence Reviews

Via Santa Caterina d'Alessandra 17, Florence, Italy

Just a big hostel no atmosphere

Really enjoyed staying here, the rooms were clean and spacious.

Everything was clean, walking distance from main square, great facilities, helpful staff, 8 bed dorm a little small but overall would recommend staying here.

i have been to other Plus hostels and it was just as good as the others. Would recommend!

what a nice place in Florence. really great thought through hostel and great facilities. i stayed with my girl at a 2-bed room and it was just like in a hotel. onl bad thing is, the bed makes alot of noise. another negative thing is there wasn't that much of a hostel-feeling around in my opinion. lots of groups who didnt really looke to meet new people. well i wasnt either because i already had my company. all in all i'd still recommend it to young travellers. might go pack with some friends....

Friendly staff and very easy to find. It's a "mega hostel" so you lose some of the camaraderie often found in smaller settings. The pool, rooftop, and dining area were all nice amenities though the food was a little pricey. Within walking distance of everything. Each room has its own bathroom and shower, which is very convenient. Would stay here again.

helpful staff, comfy beds and nice, clean and big bathroom. good breakfast and they have dinner at the hostel too if you dont want to go out. 10 mins walk from Firenze SMN station... very handy. would definitely stay here again and would recommend it as well. one negative - they have lockers, although not very secure. the ones in my room if you turned the whole lock knob it would open the door.

Great location - a short walk between the station and the town centre. We were upgraded for free from an 8 bed dorm to a 5 bed, which was very clean and well furnished. There are lockers in the room and we felt very safe here. We didn't make great use of the facilities as we were more interested in Florence, but from what we saw the pool area was nice. I'd recommend to friends.

A big hostel but well organised and thought out facilities. Room was large and beds comfortable, facilities clean.

One of the best places I've stayed in, great atmosphere. Really loved staying here in Florence.

Best hostel ever. Cool bar and lovely people around and so cheap. Location is quite near but streets are narrow and busy, so it was little bit difficult with luggage.. Wifi worked well even in bed. Our balcony door was often open (becouse room mates left it), so neighbours could come and take stuff, that's minus. And also I hope less coctails and more supply of bottles to your awesome bar. And automate coffee was terrible, so I hope you start to make real coffee there.

Wouldn't recommend this place to anyone, the bed was one of the worst I've slept on in Europe so far, internet was patchy to non existent in the room, food and drinks overpriced. Felt more like a cheap hotel than a hostel (had families with young kids, and groups of seniors staying there too) Might be OK with a group but as a solo traveller no good, atmosphere was terrible and no one was really interested in interacting with people outside they're tour groups

Dear guest, your comment really surprised us: our mattress are new; WIFI connection is free and works in both buildings.We think that food and drinks are not absolutely expensive to be in the middle of the town! Being a hostel doesn't mean to welcome only young people:we accept every kind of guests from all over the world, even though the average age is between 18 and 28.We also have an outdoor swimming pool with pool bar and a terrace where is very easy to meet people and new friends

I've eaten in a lot of hostels on my trip but this hostel had by far the best food. I loved the location as it was so easy to get into town maybe a ten minute walk to the cathedral. The staff were also always happy and eager to help!

Stayed in the newer section. Rooms very clean and comfortable although I had a nap one day and woke up with bites all over my chest wether that was from Mosquitos or bed bugs I do not know! Was good having the air conditioning. The only downfall of this hostel is that there was only two power ports one in the bathroom and one near the desk which made it close to impossible for a four bed dorm to charge our phones,cameras etc. bar area really lacking the social vibe for solo travelers! Still cool

• 26th Aug 2014

Amazing Hostel, felt like a Hotel. Super Clean.

It's a bit weird that there are two buildings separated but the room are ver spacious and clean.

Great location and amenities. But I surpringly did not meet many people here, as I have in other hostels. But clean, safe and we'll equipped

Great hostel close to the centre of Florence. Rooms are modern and clean and the wifi works well.

It was a nice hostel, indeed. But the gym was closed, and there also wasn't a pool at the roof. But it was very clean, it was nice to stay here. Staff was helpful and super friendly! Location was okay I think, you can just walk everywhere you want to.

what a pity: sauna/spa is only available during winter.

• 22nd Aug 2014