PLUS Florence Reviews

Via Santa Caterina d'Alessandra 17, Florence, Italy

Just a little far from the main train station. There should be directions given to take the bus from the train station. Other than that, love the atmosphere and it is the largest hostel we stayed so far.

Excellent hostel!!!! Next to main attractions, bars, market, restaurants and main train station !!!

This is pretty well located, within 10-15 minute walks of all the major sights of Florence. However, I did feel it was a little overpriced given that it isn't closer to everything. This hostel has a pool, which I didn't use, but is a cool feature. There is only the restaurant and bar as a common space though and not so much a lounge which made it more difficult to meet people.

The first night they told me and my friend that we couldn't be in the same room although we booked at the exact same time and never had that problem before. She would NOT help us at all. The next day one of the staff (I believe her name was Andrea) easily switched us into the same room and was so friendly. Very grateful!! But the rest of the staff ignore you and barely help you, it was very frustrating. The food in the restaurant is great. Lockers were good. Clean bathrooms attached to room.

Very clear directions to the hostel. Bright and clean entrance way. Room was very clean and cleaned each day. Mostly pleasant and helpful staff. Indoor pool, sauna and turkish bath made it feel like a villa! ! Lol. Wifi was not strong depending on where I was standing even in the first floor. Enjoyed my stay

We really enjoyed our stay here. The rooms were clean and well equipped. It is more like a hostel. The facilities are great with a pool, gym, sauna and bar and the location didn't seem to be too bad either (about a 20 min walk to the statue of David)

We had a private room on the top floor. Knowing we were going to stay in a hostel we were prepared for people coming and going in the middle of the night and really did not mind all that. What we did mind was the incredibly noisy elevator. We found it unbelievable that people were allowed to use it during the night. Even I, a very heavy sleeper, found it difficult to fall asleep because of the noise. Another thing was the smoke alarm, placed right above the bed, equipped with a big flashy light.

• 29th Apr 2014
  • Finland

Lovely location, less than 10 mins away from the best sights. Good clean rooms, helpful staff. No kitchen but with so many restaurants nearby it's not a problem.

I stayed only one night, but everything was alright. Enough place, clean showers, quiet and good location. The only point is that you have to paid for the breakfast.

• 27th Apr 2014
  • Argentina

Lots of Mosquitos in the room and staff didn't care

I enjoyed my stay here. The place is a well run hostel with all the bells and whistles. There is even a pool and sauna. I can't remember if there was a lounge room, but there is enough space in the restaurant and a terrace to chill out. It is very close to the main train station and central Florence.

During the payment, we were not informed about the tourist tax. It took us a while to figure out why we paid a bit more. The hostel was crowded and the staff seemed to be overwhelmed. Florence is a big city, pity that the hostel do not have special activities for the guests. They do not recommend pubs, bars, cafes etc.

This is a professional hotel-like hostel . So don't expect a cosy common room atmosphere. But the facilities are excellent and it works . I'd give it a miss the next time round though as I like more personal friendly hostels.

Very well equipped hostel, but not that much personality. Still recommend it as a place to stay though.

Amazing place! Good location, huge room ensuite, tons of staff, good food, breakfest at a reasonable price, amazing facilities.

Best place to stay in Florence!

The hostel has a very good infrastructure. There is a good restaurant inside with cheap offers. The staff are not always kind and there is a big noise at night from the bar.

• 16th Apr 2014

Great location and facilities. Nice roof top terrace and nice buffet breakfast if you want it (€6 all you can eat) Huge hostel, so get a lot of school groups, which is the only downer really

I absolutely loved this hostel. My friend and I had a private room and it felt like we were staying in a hotel. Wifi is reliable and the location is very easy to find. The facilities are very clean.

The hostel was very nice, and the rooms were spacious. I enjoyed the fact that wifi reached the rooms and that each bed had its own lamp and power outlet. The two en suites were also nice and well thought out. However, there were a ton of school grous running around at all hours. There were dozens of 12 year old boys sliding up and down the hallways and shouting, so there was a bit of a noise issue. Also, we missed having a guest kitchen to use.