PLUS Florence Reviews

Via Santa Caterina d'Alessandra 15, Florence, Italy

It was disappointing that despite making a booking in January, it had been lost from the system and we were forced to change rooms in a two night stay. Although I know this is in the fine print, booking four months in advance I don't really understand how we were placed behind others in preference for keeping a room. The facilities themselves were fine, in a four bed dorm, and location was easy to get around.

Really nice hostel with a tiny pool. Nice bar/restaurant area but it was overall more like a hotel (which I don't mind). My friend & I booked separately but they upgraded us for free so we could be in the same room which was really nice. Clean shower, TV, & air conditioning!

Dear guest, thanks for sharing your opinion. I am happy you loved the room, when it's possible we offer free upgrade to better satisfy our guests! We also have a lot of free facilities, such as swimming pool (indoor and outdoor), internet point with free boarding pass printings, free WIFI, reception 24/24, gym, luggage deposit. Breakfast is really tasty and complete for 6 euros :-) Come back soon!

The facilities (room, bathroom, dining area, etc.) were fine. The atmosphere was lousy. It was almost entirely 19-22 year old American kids getting trashed like it was spring break. I really enjoy hostels for the cultural exchange. At every other hostel during my trip, I met friendly people from all over Europe and the world. Here, I met cliquey fraternity/sorority Americans interested in getting wasted. It was terrible for solo traveling, probably great if you're already in a group.

Dear guest, thanks for sharing your opinion. Plus Florence is an ideal accomodation for both children and adults as we offer many different facilities (kids love the pool and free WIFI!). Best regards

This hostel has a spring break-y vibe with lots of younger travelers, but there is a pool. And when it was 8 million degrees, that was enough to make our stay enjoyable! The AC is very weak there though, just be aware.

The rooms were clean and secure. Florence is a small, walkable city, so the location is also great. They had a pool which I never used, but it looked beautiful. The restaurant and bar cooked good food and was pretty affordable. I felt like I was staying at a resort. It's too bad I got sick shortly before arriving. Also, after someone accidentally claimed my bed, we both got fresh sheets for free right away. The staff was very helpful.

Finding the hostel was pretty straight forward which was great. The hostel was very busy which isn't always a good thing. Some building works were going on when I stayed which wasn't great when you have been walking all day and get woken up by the loud noise and have to leave the room! I wasn't informed about much at the reception about the facilities and where everything was so I had to find out things for myself. I did get given a map of the city which I found useful!

Dear guest, thanks so much for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at Plus Florence. Reception is always busy because we welcome a huge number of guests but we are 24h open and alway available to help people and give information and details!Come back soon to visit us! Best regards

This is a solid hostel, the location is good, friendly staff and quite clean. It's more though hotel than a hostel, there's quite a lot of guests with children or elderly. The pool area incl the pool are great. The breakfast isn't great, your better off to go out and keep walking straight on the street in direction of the train station, on the left there's a nice cafe where the breakfast will only cost you a 3 euros.

Great facilities and the place was spotless. I stayed in a 4 bed dorm and the room was great. The pool was perfect after a day in the sun and the onsite bar and restaurant were good. Got eaten alive by Mosquitos down at the pool bar though, so use insect repellant. Only downside for me was the breakfast quality.

Dear guest, thank you very much for visiting us and for sharing your opinion, which is very important and help us to improve day by day. Breakfast is available for 6 euros but you can get cold and hot drinks, eggs, bacon, beans,Cakes, biscuits, jam and much more. Unfortunately mosquitos are a frequent presence in Italy in summertime.. I apologize for this unconvenient! Best regards

Great location near main train station. Very clean and safe. Our private room was big and had a fan to keep us cool at night. Very fun atmosphere. Loved the poolside bar. Staff was very helpful. We would definitely stay here again!

Really nice clean hostel. Massive security lockers for each person in each room. No shower issues. Pool, bar and restaurant area were large and really nice. The 6 euro all you can eat breakfast was good value and had excellent variety. Also included juice and fancy coffees.

Dear guest, thank you very much for sharing your opinion. I am glad you loved the location and our facilities. The restaurant offers many different types of International and Italian dishes for an excellent value for money. Thanks for visiting us!

Nice that they had a pool, although I didn't go in. The wifi was the worst that I've ever experienced at a hostel. As someone who uses their phone as a primary travel resource to book/plan, it was a major setback. My bathroom smelled like old pee the whole stay. Nice, chill atmosphere. First hostel that I got a good night's sleep at, despite the large dorm room.

Dear guest, thanks for sharing your opinion. Plus Florence is an ideal place to meet people from all over the world. Furthermore, it is only 10 minutes walking from the city centre and to the main attractions. We had some problems in the WIFI connection but now everything is fixed and it's working properly. Rooms and bathrooms are cleaned everyday with desinfectant products. Best regards

Great hostel. Well located within walking distance of the main station and Florence attractions. Good bar, pool, terrace facilities. Clean room. No complaints.

great hostel! bring a small padlock.

Dear guest, thanks for sharing your opinion. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at Plus Florence, the location close to the centre and our friendly staff. Plus Florence is just 10 minutes walking from Duomo and very close to the new Mercato Centrale, the Italian food market. Best regards

Very good facilities for a hostel. The location is a bit too close to a few sketchy streets (which tourists should stay away from at night), but stick to the main Via Nationale road and its fine.

Dear guest, thanks for sharing your opinion. Plus Florence is 10 minutes walking from the train station and there are several buses as well. The area in the surrounding is quiet and the entire city is safe. Best regards

Stayed in an 8 mixed dorm and thought the atmosphere of the hostel was good and the location was very good once we figured our way around the city

Dear guest, thank you for writing your opinion. I am glad you enjoyed your holiday at Plus Florence and our facilities. Best regards

Place was like a hotel, not a hostel. Not atmosphere and not the best place to meet people. I did enjoy the pool though after a long day walking the streets of Florence. The location is great with only a quick walk to the main streets and there were lots of restaurants around and very easy to access form the train station. Good place to stay if you are with a group..

Great atmosphere; a really fun hostel for those who want to hang out at the bar (great drinks!) or by the pool on the deck!

• 1st Jun 2015

Great location.friendly helpful staff.

Dear guest, thanks for sharing your opinion. Plus Florence is 10 minutes walking from the train station and there are several buses as well. The area in the surrounding is quiet and the entire city is safe! We wait for you in the future. Best regards

O hotel tem pessoas muito jovens e se você procura tranquilidade, talvez não seja o melhor lugar. Hotel muito organizado, com excelente café da manhã (precisa pagar 6 euros), bom staff.

Estimado cliente, muchas gracias por su comentario. Me alegro mucho de que les hayan gustado sus vacaciones y espero volver a verle pronto! Cordiales saludos

The rooms were quite tight for 8 people, and were quite warm as well. However they had individual plugs and individual lights which is very nice!