PLUS Florence Reviews

Via Santa Caterina d'Alessandra 17, Florence, Italy

I had a very nice time at Plus Florence! The rooms are spacious and the bathroom is always clean, the hostel has a lot of facilities (even an ATM machine and a swimming pool!) and is located from a short walking distance of the main touristic points. We have to pay for the breakfast (6 euros), but it really worths the money. I hope to be back in Florence and I'll definitely stay there again!

Plus hostel was a good stay in florence however the check in desk was always busy and there were several times the staff snapped at me because I was not in the right line, yet there was no distinctive line to be in. Everyone kind of just cut in front of one another. That was not pleasant. However, the facilities and rooms themselves were good. Also, don't expect to make any of your own food here or bring any outside food in. The kitchen staff did not let me eat my own food in the hostel.

Hostel is just 7 minutes walk from station. It's near city central market and a good start to explore Florence. I felt very secure there. They use key card and have big lockers but you should bring your own lock. Rooms are very clean. Bathroom

Facilities were fantastic, but more of a hotel than a hostel,

This place is massive, so it doesn't feel like a hostel. A lot of families tend to stay here, and the overall environment wasn't social. Staff was nice but not helpful. 10 minute walk from train station and 10 from duomo. Fitness center is a room with two treadmills. Rooms are good and clean.

Valuables were stolen from my dorm. One of my dormmates had a ring stolen and the other had her coat stolen on different days. The luggage room is NOT SECURE at all. The key is given freely without question and I walked in to find the luggage room WIDE OPEN with no one keeping watch. It's located right next to the entrance so anybody can walk in and grab things. The security at this place is known for being low so I was very cautious.

The wifi is kind of bad in the rooms, there is no place to common area only the bar downstairs, i guess it's a lot better on summer, with the pool and the terrace bar

• 18th Nov 2014
  • alexsl
  • Mexico

Kind of meh. Cheap, got a pool and a gym if you're into that. No kitchen which sucks and the atmosphere is pretty depressing. But it doesn't really matter if all you need is a bed for the night.

Fabulous place, and the steam room was awesome!!

Amazing value for money- the facilities including the restaurant, laundry, gym, pool and sauna were incredible. The beds were extremely comfy and placed with a lamp and charging unit which was extremely helpful. Great location, in walking distance from all the sites and surrounded by great food. All in all, a great stay.

Good atmosphere. More like a hotel considering there is a sauna, pool & gym. Staff are friendly and helpful and the buffet breakfast is good value. Wifi wasn't great however facilities were clean especially the shower temp & pressure. Would definitely stay there again.

It's one of the bests hostels I ever been. I think just missed a kitchen.

It may be big, but it's a pretty good deal for what you get. Rooms were pretty nice, lockers were big, ensuite for everyone, great all-you-can-eat breakfast for a reasonable price. Although a bit of a trek from the train station with luggage, it was easy enough to visit all the sights on foot from there.

The hostel is pretty good, the location is excellent, near the center, so we could go by walk to all the main touristic points. The wifi was really really bad and the reception was always like a mess, with too many people around and doing checkin and checkout, and there wasn't staff enough, so sometimes was difficult to talk about something with someone. But in general terms, the hostel is very good.

My roommates duct taped me to the floor :(

We were moved suddenly at 3 am to a different room that was drafty and unpleasant. Hostel made the mistake of overbooking our room, so when we came home at 3 am after a nice night out, we were the ones who had to suffer for some reason, and were forced to move all our stuff into a new room and struggle with the desk attendant. Staff did not care at all. My friend even lost her umbrella in the hasty room change imposed on us, and they didn't care about that either. I would not recommend.

• 14th Nov 2014

perfect! best hostel ever!

Great hostel with great accomodations, great deal for the money I paid!

Clean, comfortable, modern. Liked having a towel plug and light at my bed and great shower. No atmosphere and so difficult to meet people, not allowed alcohol of your own in the bar. Location was decent. They had computers to use which is a plus as a traveler (get it PLUS) lolz. Decent stay.

Very good hostel. I've been there for 2 nights and for me it's worthy it!