PLUS Florence Reviews

Via Santa Caterina d'Alessandra 15, Florence, Italy

Its more a hotel with lots of beds in the rooms than what I'd expect from a hostel. Service and whatnot was fine but for the price the lack of a homely common room made other choices in Florence superior in my opinion.

Very clean and the staff is exceptional. However the wifi is HORRIBLE and incredibly frustrating. My biggest complaint however, is their interpretation of the term "youth hostel." They truly mean youth, as in children. There were large groups of young children during my entire stay. There was even what appeared to be a middle school dance in the bar area. It was a truly strange experience.

• 19th Mar 2015

Pretty average hostel. Facility's were good and it was clean but had no atmosphere! Bunch of school groups and old people not good for solo travellers. Staff were useless, if you want to try plan something to do they will just point you towards a over priced pamphlet. I did eventually meet some pretty cool people in the dorm next door but that defiantly had nothing to with the hostel considering they put me in a dorm of 8 by myself.

Dear guest, I am a bit surprised by reading your comment: first of all because we are glad to accept all kind of travellers and people, and we don't make difference between young and old, as we are an open minded hostel and think that everyone has the right to visit our beautiful city. Furthermore our young and multilingual staff is appreciated for giving personal suggestions and opinions about things to do and we offer free maps with indications of the most important spots in town.

The place is very clean and feels more like a hotel. The wifi is not very good. You have to reconnect constantly and it doesn't work very good in the rooms. The staff were really nice but they didnt seem to know a whole lot about the area, groceries/restraints, stores, etc. they would just point to the tourist map and give very basic suggestions that I could've googled. The atmosphere is not very communal, this makes it hard to meet people if you are traveling solo.

Dear guest, thanks for your comment. Our friendly and multilingual staff is constantly informed about news and events in town and we usually give personal suggestions to our guests; the only thing we can't do is selling train tickets and museum because the guest must register in the website and pay by credit card. Best regards

Very good installations with all kind of stuff. Quite pricey but it's worth it if you can pay it. All staff is nice. Nice big lockers and separate bathroom and shower. Close to the train station and to a bus stop.

This is the 5th time I have taken a group of students to stay in the Hostel - our party was 17 persons staying for 3 nights. We attempted to organise parking for our two mini-coaches at the Hostel but were turned down (despite the car park being completely empty all weekend). We arrived on Friday evening had to try to find suitable parking and the one we eventually parked in did not open on a Sunday and we had to cancel an excursion we had booked. The person who booked us in was very rude.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Wales

Dear guest, unfortunately we don't have any parking available (it's an interior courtyard and we don't have any permission for parking because it must be empty in case of ambulance or firemen arrival). However we have a collaboration with a garage in town with 20% discount. Best regards

The staff was awesome! The Rooms were very clean! The internet was terrible during peak hours. Some one with a little bit of knowledge could easily make the internet connection speeds more efficient for the hostel. Overall its well run gain hostel

Couldn't fault the hostel, the location was great. The rooms and facilities were fantastic. Shame the receptionists were good at ignoring guests and leaving them waiting.

There was no way to adjust the temperature in the room and it was uncomfortably hot and humid for the entire three days I stayed. The glass door to the balcony had a malfunctioning lock, did not provide security from outsiders.

• 6th Mar 2015

This is the first hostel I have stayed at in my entire life, but I'd heard enough horror stories about hostels to be nervous. This hostel was great! The staff were very helpful when we messed up a little on our reservation (my +1 forgot her passport) and the price was not too bad. It was a bit far from the places I wanted to go, but that's just me being unfamiliar with the area and walking a lot.

Everything was clean, easy to find, and the staff was efficient. They even took the time to put my friends and I in the same room after booking separately. I will definitely be returning if I am even in need of a hostel.

• 6th Mar 2015

The only problem was the groups reservations. The first day i went to the breakfast and there were probably 30 teenagers from a group reservation and i just quit, was impossible stay there to the breakfast. But the facilites and the location até great

This was by far the best hostel I stayed at. It was more like a hotel with comfy clean beds and a 24hr desk reception with lovely and helpful staff. It had a great swimming pool and restaurant also. Every bed in the dorm had its own night light and outlet and we were given fresh clean towels every morning for free! The most amazing thing was the price, it was so cheap! I was paying less than €10 a night for this hostel and it was worth every cent!

This hostel was really more like a hotel! Bathrooms and showers in every dorm room, pool, steam room, terrace on the roof. It was also huge and rather busy. It was a bit odd to see families and a dance group in a hostel, but considering it really seemed more like a regular hotel, that's not surprising. One of the best hostels I've stayed at, for sure, especially considering how cheap it was.

I've stayed in hotels that were not as nice as Plus! Only slight complaint is that my bed didn't have a night light or outlet like the other beds and there were only 3 lockers for a four person room. The sauna and pool are worth using, so take advantage of them.

They put cameras in your room. The bathrooms are weird and uncomfortable. Their extra amenities are cool and all but nothing to write home about. Good service, clean, good breakfast, and easy to fall asleep though. Can't complain

The stay was fantastic. It was awesome to have a sauna, Turkish bath, and pool to relax in after a long day of exploring the city. I recommend it to anyone staying in Florence!

Best hostel in Italy, great facilities

It is not as close by to the station as they say it is, but it is still located very close by from everything that you want to see in Florence.

This is an awesome hostel in beautiful Florence! The downside was that you couldn't cook or even bring any food onto the premise {or alcoholic drinks} since they want you to buy from them at the bar/restaurant they have. Real plus to the place is the pool and sauna! I have stayed twice and would definitely stay again! Important to note: if you are a returning customer you MUST book through their site to get a discount otherwise you wont be eligible for it - we learned that the hard way..