PLUS Prague Reviews

Privozni, Prague, Czech Republic

Pro's: exceptional facilities - pool & sauna were welcome treats; restaurant was brilliant and well priced; friendly, helpful, welcoming staff; secure rooms with good bathroom facilities; excellent social activities e.g. pool table, foosball etc.; good vending machine choice; plenty of lounge space; lots of PCs to use. Con's: terrible wifi connectivity (only worked in restaurant); no kitchen - but combatted w/ restaurant; location was a little out of town but so easy and cheap to travel in.

I really liked this hostel. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Facillities were good too. Also the tram was frequent and fast. Only downside was the restaurant. My friends and I ate there two times and the food was just not good. When I ordered a pizza the crust was completely black and charred all around. The guy who made it tried to convince me that that is what a pizza is supposed to look like. He did make a new one for me, which was slightly undercooked.

Great hostel with a lot of space and great facilities. Ps. you should be able to throw water on sauna stove

It was a nice clean place with really friendly staff! Sauna was really nice! Bedrooms were nice and clean with comfy beds. Atmosphere was a bit strange, and didn't really make any friends during our stay. The common room was always full of people all on their phones or computers. Felt like a hotel a little bit. It was hard with no kitchen so we usually had to buy food in the town. Pretty close to lots of cool sights!

We're happy to hear that you enjoyed so many great aspects of our hostel!! We also wish people didn't get sucked into their darn devices & forget to mingle...maybe no more wifi would help but that might start a riot ;) Plus we have Comundu, an app that offers a platform for meeting other guests. No need to always eat in the center though as there are a number of restaurants in the area (including 1 on site), & most are cheaper since they're more local/less touristic! Plus we have a microwave, kettle & fridge for preparing some basic budget meals. Glad you still had a good stay though :D

Staff were exceptional! Knowledgable, friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Rooms were garish in decor but sufficient in facilities. Bar/restaurant were a nice touch but bar closed very early (we assumed this was due to low season. In terms of location; although it is not in the centre of town it is only 1 stop from the international train station and 5 stops from town. Overall a very nice place to stay and would definitely stay again/recommend to friends.

This is a very good value for money hostel, however it is quite a bit out of the centre of Prague.

Decent hostel with decent facilities for a decent price. Not much of an atmosphere, staff are nothing special and rooms aren't anything special (one dirty shower and toilet for 8 people). Can't use the pool table after 11pm however is the greatest downfall of this hostel

Staff are nothing special eh, ouch :( We believe everybody's special but we'll definitely encourage them to express it more! We're sorry you were so disappointed by not being able to play billiards after 11pm but this is to respect people sleeping in rooms near the lobby. We're creating a space in the basement though where you can do this in the future. I checked your reservation and unfortunately you were among the last to arrive to your dorm, so since we can't clean the bathrooms after every person we recommend booking a room for fewer people to avoid this issue. Glad to see our great prices and facilities convinced you to stay extra nights though!

Very friendly and kind staff. Clean showers and toilets. I'm not sure about the atmosphere. Most of the people looked tired and not so open to have a chat. It felt more like an hotel other than hostel where you meet with with people and socilalize.

Thanks so much for your review, we're glad that you found our staff as awesome as we think they are! :) That's a bummer the other guests didn't look very social but sometimes you just have to make the first move! We're also working with a new app called Comundu which can be used for meeting people in the hostel

We have been travelling since last 2 months across Europe...and stayed in many hostels but this was the best stay ever we had...

that's so wonderful to hear, thank you!! and what an honor coming from someone so well-travelled!

Good hostel great value for money. Room is spacious and super clean, so is the toilet. I really enjoyed the sauna and swimming pool. A little out of the center but it's easy to reach by tram or subway. 5 min. from Cross Club wich is super. Only complaint : the map! Add the streets names!

Great news for you, we're actually having a new map created with the street names on it! Gotta get rid of all the old ones first though so they don't go to waste though, as they're still quite useful ;) So glad you enjoyed everything else though!

For the price we paid, it was definitely a bargain. Not super close to downtown by foot as I expected, but the tram/metro was nearby! Sauna was lovely with all the cold weather over the past few days. Wifi is patchy in the rooms but is excellent in the common area.

Great place! We booked a private room and it was massive (shower and toilet in the separate rooms). The hostel is very modern, clean, has a sauna and a swimming pool. People who say it's too far from the city centre - it's only 10 mins by tram (we timed it). Plus, by staying out of town you get to see the real residential area and less touristy-more alternative things -there is a cool steam punk club near by and a contemporary art gallery DOX.

YOU ARE AWESOME!! We love when people recognize and appreciate the benefits of being outside the center!!! We're so glad that you enjoyed our neighborhood plus a large clean room and our facilities. Hope to see you again!

Very good hostel! We stayed in a 8 bedroom dorm. It was splitt - 4 beds on the right , 4 beds on the left - between a corridor with a frigh, waterheater, microwave and a little oven. Downstairs there was also a small pool and a sauna! For the price we more than you get! The way to the center is maybe a little bit longer but still okay and no problem !

While I was brushing my teeth, 10min before checking out, the water supply got cut in the room and thought this was done on purpose but I was told it was an unfortunate coincidence :)

• 20th Jan 2016

yep, promise we weren't out to get you...sorry for the inconvenience! ;)

I didn't bring my thermometer but I don't think the pool was 23 degrees. Fahrenheit maybe?

• 16th Jan 2016

good one...but if that were the case it would be an ice rink. Anyway, we have a new instrument that should correctly regulate the temperature. It's also worth bearing in mind that you had a bed for 4eur/night and use of the pool is free, which means there's not much money left over to cover the cost of heating it, so you've gotta toughen up or just go in the sauna first ;)

Little bit of human approach of the staff wouldnt be bad.

• 15th Jan 2016
  • Croatia

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. We absolutely do expect our staff to be friendly and personable with all of our guests and believe that this tends to happen in most cases based on their scores, so we're sorry you had a different experience. If you were dissatisfied with any specific person or situation, we'd really like to know about it and ask that you please contact us directly to share these details so that we can make improvements. Many thanks.

Great hostel. I really enjoyed my stay! Very easy to get wherever you want to go by team or metro, and I met some great travellers in the common room. :)

If you are planning a trip to Prague I would highly recommend Plus Hostel. For only $4 a night you will get a comfortable bed, full sized locker, a pool, sauna, gym, laundry facilities, a pool table, a volleyball court, and treated like family by their amazing and friendly staff! Plus their is a full breakfast buffet every morning for only $4 as well that includes coffee, tea, and juice. I stayed at Plus in Berlin as well and they were the best hostel out of the three I stayed at their as well.

• 12th Jan 2016

Thank you so much for your review and glowing recommendation!! We're really glad that you liked your stay with us and our sister property in Berlin! Though the gym is only included for hotel guests it's otherwise just $3...still super cheap :)

Hostel PLUS is a great place to stay if you're looking for an inexpensive, yet hotel-like hostel. PLUS is fully stacked to make sure you have a great time in Prague. The only complaint I have is that the location isn't downtown, which is you want to go out and stuff becomes difficult. However, the public transportation is great in Prague and if you don't mind the distance, it's a great place!

• 11th Jan 2016

The hostel is incredible value! The tram is easy to take to get to old town. I thought the bar menu was overpriced for what it was

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7