PODs The Backpackers Home Reviews

6-1, No 30 Jalan Thambipillay, Brickfields, Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Probably the tidiest and comfiest hostel I've stayed in. Beds were great, each with own locker. Showers hot or cold. Fantastic staff. Great location for KL Sentral but a bit out of town to enjoy KL itself.

• 29th Jan 2016

Ok for a quick stayover. Near little India so lots of cheap & good Indian food.

From the moment I entered PODs I felt like family. The staff was so kind and welcoming and always went above and beyond to make everyone feel at home. The hostel is right next to the main station and its convenient to get around. Also don't forget about Sami's corner! The best food around! Thank you so much for making my stay in Kuala Lumpur so memorable. I'm really excited to make my way back in the near future :)

• 16th Jan 2016

A solid hostel. Location was great being right next to KL Sentral, the hub for local and distant travel. Security was pretty good, but locks on the doors would be better. Staff was generally friendly. Atmosphere was good for meeting people, but there weren't many activities going on as seems normal in SE Asia. Pretty clean except the bathroom sometimes. Toilet. Good value for the money for sure. Facilities have laundry machine, but dryer was pathetic. Had to hang dry. Cafe is nice. Food decent.

It is not a party hostel, but definetely clean and with good facilities. Close to the central station.

Decent hostel, conveniently located near KL Sentral with really chill and friendly staff :)

• 10th Jan 2016

PODs is on an good location, staff is friendly and I really enjoyed the cafe downstairs to just hang out. The dorm I slept in -I dont know whether there's one or more- is alright. The beds are good and well positioned in the room so I felt I had enough 'space'. Sleeping with 16 people in the same room obviously comes with downsides tho and -combined with the fact that there are no curtains around your bed- it made me feel like I paid a little too much for what I got. Showers stank like p* tho.

Excellent location - across the hostel is an alleyway that leads to the shopping mall NU Sentral, about 3 minutes walk to NU Sentral. Nu Sentral connected to the KL Sentral Station which is a transportation hub for monorails, trains, KTM and so on. I am disappointed with the shared bathroom. 2 compartments erected with corrugated zink as walls and doors - bathrooms in most of the Malaysian squatter houses .Bathroom floor and shared drain smell of urine. The bathrooms are filthy.

POD Hostel is in a great location for someone transiting through the city like I was. It's easily accessible (super close to the KL Sentral Station and therefore the buses and train to KLIA airports), clea, the staff are friendly, the breakfast is simple and convenient and there are some great Indian restaurants close by, as well as Nu Mall for any shopping you need to do. I have stayed at POD a few times, it's my go-to in KL.

Really conveniently located hostel for travelling in and out of KL Very close to Little India and within walking distance from Chinatown (for good and cheap food). The only minus is that there is no common room, you can stay in the cafe downstairs but it just does not have the atmosphere that you can find in other hostels.

this is my first trip adventure alone and PODs hotel made me feel comfortable and surprised that the "owner" (maybe?) really kind better u sleep here to find out anyway, it just less than 5 minutes from KL sentral to reach this hostel, so when i arrived late, i dont need to take taxi or worry miss the bus / train because i only need to walk little and reach hostel.

• 18th Nov 2015
  • Indonesia

I only stayed for one night, and arrived at 9pm in the evening but met people in the downstairs cafe straight away and went for drinks with them. As a female it was good to only have 4 people in a dorm, but the rooms were kind of open so you could hear the dorms next door but this didn't really bother me.

It's common in Malaysia that you can't pay by credit card. So payment for the accommodation is in cash. Be prepared.

Staff were very friendly and also very helpful. The location is great, very close to sentral train station where you can get trains all over the city and country. The only downside was the shower, a little bit run down but overall is an awesome hostel and would recommend.

Locations is the best feature I've chosen to stay~

The location is great, but the bathroom was realy unclean/dirty.

very little activities within hostel

I checked in in the middle of the night and checked out the next morning. I only have a couple of hours to sleep. The room was okay. The breakfast, bread and jam, were okay too. Unfortunately they have some issues in the cleanliness of toilets and bathrooms.

The staff at PODs were very sweet and incredibly helpful. It was located very close to the train station which was perfect for getting around the city.

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels