PODs The Backpackers Home Reviews

6-1, No 30 Jalan Thambipillay, Brickfields, Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

It is advised on the website that they have facilities to help book tours and ideas on places to go, not true no one new ANYTHING. One poor working shower for one whole floor of people!!!! Lights go off get given torches, abit prison like. The dorm rooms are better than the privates, as privates are TINY could barely fit our rucksacks in the door. Fail to mention it's located in the red light district!!!! Needed a small lamp in our room to pack as ours was broken, no help at all!!

Excellent place to stay. Staff helped me find an awesome travel partner! Their cafe staff were very friendly and would cook you up delicious food in no time at all. They have an inhouse artist who makes absolutely amazing portraits for cheap and he puts together awesome community events. The only negative things Id say are: get a better map and better directions. The hostel is literally a 3 minute walk from the monorail station, but took me 30 mins to find. Also, the bathrooms are gross.

• 18th Jul 2015

Place was pretty dirty. Staff was acting pretty childish. Like before you check in they asked you to read a piece of paper with their house rules and acknowledge you've read it. Very strict on the check-in times and made up some story that the room wasn't ready till 2PM. House rules involved you had to leave your shoes at the door, no guests are allowed, etc. Cafe downstairs was nice though, next time I'll just stay somewhere else and just visit the cafe.

The hostel is really cool! Great people working there made us feel at home. The thing I think they need to improve is the bathroom, because it wasn't that good to take a shower. But all the rest was nice!

• 4th Jul 2015

Fine place to stay, though I was disappointed about the private rooms not exactly being private (although perhaps this was a misunderstanding of the description on my part). The walls do not reach the roof, so light and air conditioning are communal even in a private room, and sound travels a lot. Nice and clean though, and very secure. Had no troubles with an early check out, and very easy to find and get to with public transport. USB ports in the room was a nice touch :)

Located right next to kl Sentral. Perfect for those traveling to and from the airport. The staff is super friendly and the rooms are clean.

The total stay was very good I felt it was a nice stay i did not find any difficulty in my stay in the pod really i was very happy in the stay, If any body asks me i will propose your pods, If i come next time will stay in your pod only. Thank you

• 16th Jun 2015
  • India

It was really noisy eventhough we booked a private room and the staff were lackluster and did not enforce the rules which was why It was noisy. Furthermore, the bedsheets werent clean and we were generallt not very happy.

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Singapore

very good hostel, would stay again.

• 26th May 2015

Best value for money. Perfect location.

It is a great place to stay. The staff is really helpful and nice to chat with. I just can recommend this Hostel to every Backpacker!! Go there and enjoy the Time in KL!!

• 23rd Apr 2015

Please do yourself a favor and don't go there unless you really have to take an early bus/flight. It's quite a s****hole There's much better places to stay for this price.

Must also have all male dorm-type.

Terrible place..very hot..they have Air-con only at night time. One air-con for the whole floor. Hell.

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Thailand

Location is very good, so close to main transport hub and big shopping mall. Middle of the Indian cultural neighbourhood. But rooms are narrow and non-comfortable. All rooms seperated by non-completed walls. Practically, every rooms of same floor is merged. That means rooms are so noisy.

• 29th Mar 2015
  • Turkey

Everything is good. Just the shower is a little too loud.

• 21st Mar 2015
  • Malaysia

Cool hostel with good location close to an amazing indian restaurant (and also just a two minute walk to MRT). Unfortunately the room's walls don't go up to the ceiling which means when someone turns on the light in the hallway yuor room will lighten up.

Dorm type should not be mix male and female

The staff were extremely unhelpful and rude. We asked them simple questions about where to eat or how we should go about booking buses to other cities. In both instances, their answers were very vague and completely useless. At one point my friend asked one of the guys if he had change and he just laughed in her face and said no. The only positive was that they had quick and fast wifi in the lobby, so we could use that to at least get some of our questions answered. I would NOT stay here again.

A really nice place to stay in KL. I stayed in a dorm and it was really clean, no bugs at all, which is a huge advantage for me! The location is ok, 1min walking distance to the monorail and approx. 5 minutes to the subway station. A walk to the Twin Towers took me around 45mins. Lots of cheap restaurants around. And the staff is amazing. I will come back! PS. We had some problems with getting there due to misleading directions but we told the staff and they changed it already. Props!

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels