PODs The Backpackers Home Reviews

6-1, No 30 Jalan Thambipillay, Brickfields, Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Everything is good. Just the shower is a little too loud.

• 21st Mar 2015
  • Malaysia

Dorm type should not be mix male and female

The staff were extremely unhelpful and rude. We asked them simple questions about where to eat or how we should go about booking buses to other cities. In both instances, their answers were very vague and completely useless. At one point my friend asked one of the guys if he had change and he just laughed in her face and said no. The only positive was that they had quick and fast wifi in the lobby, so we could use that to at least get some of our questions answered. I would NOT stay here again.

A really nice place to stay in KL. I stayed in a dorm and it was really clean, no bugs at all, which is a huge advantage for me! The location is ok, 1min walking distance to the monorail and approx. 5 minutes to the subway station. A walk to the Twin Towers took me around 45mins. Lots of cheap restaurants around. And the staff is amazing. I will come back! PS. We had some problems with getting there due to misleading directions but we told the staff and they changed it already. Props!

Ceiling of single room is connecting

• 2nd Feb 2015
  • South Korea

Kind of a s***hole to be honest. The facilities were pretty dirty and the bathroom seemed especially sketch. There are signs everywhere warning you not to trust any of your fellow guests, which creates the opposite of a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. The location is good, though, being right next to KL Sentral and thus providing easy airport access, so it's fine if you just need a quick overnight before an early flight. If you're doing a few days in KL, though, stay somewhere else.

PROS: Great place for meeting people, free toast with chocolate spread and peanut butter, free tea and coffee, huge fridge to keep your things, huge lockers per bed. CONS: No wifi in the dorm, bathroom smelt horrific of sewage and was always dirty, no soap in bathrooms, beds are old and uncomfortable and the sheets are very old and worn polyester- having to make your own bed means you see all the gross stains on the mattress. AC from 7pm-7am only so unbearably hot the rest of the time.

nothing tks

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Sri Lanka

I really liked it except the rooms were kinda snug and beds kinda uncomfortable. Very nice staff though and good location to sentral. maybe could organize activities among backpackers more? Seemed like a llot of people sitting around. I really liked KL though but eh just a thought.

We just stayed overnight but it was so cheap and the beds were clean and comfy! I would gladly have stayed a couple more nights. Super nice staff and a cool atmosphere make this place a great choice for any budget traveller.

• 10th Jan 2015

The cleaniest hostel I have ever been to. Conveniently-located. Nice and helpful staffs.

• 9th Jan 2015
  • Hong Kong

Always come back here when Im in kuala lumpur thats says it all,awesome stuff!

The staffs are quite friendly, but the location is not really convenient for visitors.

Keep the rooms clean. Provide clean sheets always. A shower gel in the bathroom will be a plus!

I really liked pods! It's modern and clean and I felt comfortable and safe there. They also have a free breakfast, which I was surprised to hear considering how little we paid for a room in the first place, even by Malaysian standards. That was nice. However, it's not really social by any means so if you're travelling alone and looking to make friends, you'd really have to try hard here.

Always a lovely stay. Love PODs!

good value and nice staff will stay there next time

1 . The dorm is spacious and there are windows to let in the sunlight. 2. There is a lift to the 3rd floor dorm. 3. Good location, near to eating places and KL Sentral.

Good value for money, especially for early/late flight as nearby airport rail station. However, after midnight the place is not very suitable for female solo to walk around.

Very clean hostel and comfortable beds! You can hear everything in the other dorm rooms. It is very close to KL Sentral, but the area in pretty dodgy at night.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7