PODs the Backpackers Home Reviews

6-1, No 30 Jalan Thambipillay, Brickfields, Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

PODs is in the best location - 5 minutes to the main bus station and all the local transportation. The staff (Ayham, Komeil, Rizmal, Peter) are absolutely fantastic and will help you in whatever way possible and answer all your questions. You will read that the walls do not go to the ceiling but I did not find this a bad thing. The guests were quiet . Note: A sign on the refrigerator asking the guests to name & date their food may help reduce others using food that is not theirs.

Friendly staff, excellent location, near KL sentral, clean bathroom and toilet, bed is ok, breakfast is good

Had an ok stay from here, was really easy to find and close to the sentral station so i liked the location!

PODs was a wonderful hostel; nice and clean, good location and with great staff. I, like many others I think, stayed here for only one night as its the closest hostel to KL Sentral and makes for an easy onward trip, but I wish I'd stayed for longer. If I travel to KL again, I won't hesitate to book a longer stay with PODs. P.S. A lot of other reviewers complained about noise due to partitioned rooms but I really didn't find it an issue at all and I think you can safely ignore this point. :)

Why is it a wonderful place ? Because : - it is VERY clean - it is quiet - the location is juste near from KL Sentral, and regarding the difficulties to cross the roads in KL, this is GREAT

Great value for money, with air conditioning and excellent location

Nice big common area. Since the walls don't go to the ceiling it's not really that private in a single but it was okay. Staff was very helpful and the location is right near KLCC so it was perfect for me.

Really great hostel, I would definitely stay here again. Awesome location, so close to transport! Very friendly staff and a safe, friendly environment.

don't book a double room. it feels like sleeping in the dorm just with some wooden walls around you, that don't reach the ceiling. if somebody turns on the light you will wake up as well, if somebody talks during the night, you will hear it as well. we had lots of BEDBUGS in our first room. We changed the room next day. the new room had less bedbugs but we still got biten during the next two nights. -> the dutch? guy from the reception did a great job! (not so much the other ones...)

Wonderful place. Reception was very flexible as to us arriving at 3AM and leaving at 4AM two days later. The common room is vast, with many things to do and people to meet. Wah, the owner, and his staff were all very informative and friendly. Especially recommended for a quick entry and exit to/from KL at odd hours. Well connected to every part of the city from KL Sentral. Would stay here again.

The "pods" are partitions and you can hear the whole floor, When someone turns the light on it goes on on the whole floor. Too hot. I booked a single room and paid the extra but no point as I could hear the dorm next to me as well as the other rooms on the floor as the walls don't reach the ceiling. Ok if you want to stay in a dorm, absolutely pointless booking anything other than a dorm there.

I'll liked the cleanness and despite the fact i stayed only 24 hours in KL i met 3 people of the staff and they were all very smiley and welcoming, I enjoyed it.

It's walking distance to KL Sentral - a big plus if you are arriving late or leaving early. Will be even more convenient when the construction is completed. Private rooms are very small and basic with only a mattress, pillow, blanket and a lamp. But what else do you need. I wasn't able to get up early but there is complimentary breakfast served. Both staff are very friendly. The public area is very cozy also. Wifi was good.

1 2 Next » last »