PODs the Backpackers Home Reviews

6-1, No 30 Jalan Thambipillay, Brickfields, Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Besides nice location (just a few min. walk off AirAsia Skybus), the people there were excellent too!

Wifi was not working very well and breakfast was only simple toasts

• 26th Apr 2014
  • Czech Republic

I was really impressed by how friendly and helpful the staff were. I only stayed for one night, but they helped me arrange a doctor's appointment, buy a new backpack, and retrieve my shoes from a floor that had just been treated with pesticides! Much appreciated. Thank you!

I stay on the fourth floor so the water pressure is so low

Good place and nice clients

• 20th Apr 2014
  • China

This hostel is walking distance from KL Sentral, making it a perfect choice if you have to catch an early train, bus, or connection to the airports. My one major complaint is that there is a lack of outlets in the mixed dorm. Although 14 people are sleeping in the dorm, there are only a couple outlets that everyone must share. I have stayed in other hostels that provide one outlet per bed, which is both more convenient and safer for my electronics.

Basically at this hostel, you get what you pay for. The rate is cheap, so no complaints!

I did not feel safe in this neighborhood AT ALL. I originally booked it because I had a an early flight out and thought it'd be convenient to be close to the station, but it was NOT worth it. Hostel itself seemed ok, but location was terrible. I even asked the guy at reception if he thought it was safe and he said def not after 9 or 10pm anyway. I ended up switching hostels and was much happier when I left.

I was looking for a convenient overnight stay near KL Sentral as I was catching my international flight the following day. It's very easy to find, following directions from the website. It's a basic,clean hostel. Nice and very helpful staff. I wished I could have stayed another night or two to properly throw myself in the atmosphere of the hostel- I really like the common area (and Platform 2 3/4) and how people interacted. Breakfast was simple,toasts and variety of spreads, tea/coffee.

Clear descriptions on site. AWESOME people, beds, service, and atmosphere. Super clean n modern.

My stay was pretty much ok...arrived late and was welcomed by the night shift. No late check-in discount :( Use smaller jars at the breakfest. Increases hygiene...

Okay hostel in Little India in KL. Highlights were the roof terrace to ride scooters on and the large chill common area. Lowlights were the showers. It is like showering outside in a metal shed with horrible dirty tarmac floor. I get that its 'chiq' and 'wacky' to resuse industrial materials but the quality of the finish needs improving. Tile the shower floor at least!

Pictures on site are not true

Great hostel! however the location is not as good as other hostels, a little bit out in the sticks, despite being very close to KL Sentral - so if you are ok taking public transport everywhere then this is for you. if you - like me - just want to get up and walk then this isn't for you.

Close to KL sentral which is good for trains to see the various sites. The pods aren't really rooms as have big gaps around the top so can hear all the rooms. The showers are very basic but are warm. Breakfast of toast was appreciated but no milk for tea! You get what you pay for bit if have limited time in KL then this is a good base.

PODs was great. It's quiet and 5 minutes walking from KL Sentral. Peeta, Momo, and Rizal were all great and very helpful. From KL Sentral you can go everywhere. They also have filtered water. Would stay again.

• 3rd Mar 2014

Have stayed here before - it is an excellent place, friendly, clean and quiet !! Great to find a place that is there for your needs, and the people working there, have a lot of travel experience between them, and can identify with you !! And it' not a party place !! Bit of a change from many small places - actually people who like travelling !! Definitely recommend highly, and I've stayed in lots of places !!

Weird dorm room - but nice enough.

Amazing place, super close to KL Sentral, totally chill common area, 24 hour check in, lockers. stayed in 4 bed but the 14 bed one looked better, with a huge window and really spacious.

The location is right at the crossroads of every public transit imaginable and the staff are very helpful. However, it was not a sociable place for the two days I was there.

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels