PODs the Backpackers Home Reviews

6-1, No 30 Jalan Thambipillay, Brickfields, Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

スタッフはとても親切でフレンドリーで最高でした。立地も駅に近くて素晴らしいです。部屋は微妙かな。天井がつながっており、個室なのに夜は電気を消されて暗くなります。

Convenient location. Lacked some attn to details such as too short blankets and having only one electrical plug in room.

It was good hostel, very clean and well organaised. I stayed female dorm. The room was a bit small and my locker was broken... Free Wi-Fi and breakfast were great. It was a bit dark in daytime because they were saving electricity, so it was difficult to stay in daytime.

Great wifi, nice staff, good air con, close to station.

Staff knowledgeable and helpful with good communication. An artistic cheerful flair to this Gem. Great location on a quieter street one back from KL Central with colourful Little India close by and convenience stores, tasty food and blind massage right at the doorstep. Felt very welcoming and loved the array of music played in the communal area, especially with the live guitar accompaniment.

just okay but excellent location.

Very close to KL sentral station! Good location!

• 16th May 2014
  • Japan

It is right by KL Sentral ( where the Train Station is) and smack in the middle of Little India (Brickfields). Did my Henna for 5RM and managed to find flavorful cuisine at the new (partly opened) Nu Mall. Overall a wonderful experience and the best part? It is manned by Foreigners so for English speakers, no problem! Be aware though lights out everywhere at the same time at 11pm, it feels like you are on a camp sleeping in bunks. Noise spreads throughout the whole place so be considerate!

• 10th May 2014
  • Singapore

Was a nice stay. Route description needs to be better and updated because of the new mall that just got opened next to the station. Overall a good location if you don't want to haul around too much with your backpack from KL Sentral

I picked this hostel because I needed to be close to KL Sentral and it was perfect for that, not even a 5 minutes walk. I stayed in the 14-bed dorm and was pleasently surprised how spacious and clean it was. At 6pm they switch the AC on and before that there are ceiling fans so it was nice and cool the whole time. I only stayed one night but my impression of the staff was really good, they were very accomodating and the atmosphere in the hostel was really welcoming. Would definetely stay again!

Very nice staff and clean. Close to Sentral and public transport.

Besides nice location (just a few min. walk off AirAsia Skybus), the people there were excellent too!

Wifi was not working very well and breakfast was only simple toasts

• 26th Apr 2014
  • Czech Republic

I was really impressed by how friendly and helpful the staff were. I only stayed for one night, but they helped me arrange a doctor's appointment, buy a new backpack, and retrieve my shoes from a floor that had just been treated with pesticides! Much appreciated. Thank you!

I stay on the fourth floor so the water pressure is so low

Good place and nice clients

This hostel is walking distance from KL Sentral, making it a perfect choice if you have to catch an early train, bus, or connection to the airports. My one major complaint is that there is a lack of outlets in the mixed dorm. Although 14 people are sleeping in the dorm, there are only a couple outlets that everyone must share. I have stayed in other hostels that provide one outlet per bed, which is both more convenient and safer for my electronics.

Basically at this hostel, you get what you pay for. The rate is cheap, so no complaints!

I did not feel safe in this neighborhood AT ALL. I originally booked it because I had a an early flight out and thought it'd be convenient to be close to the station, but it was NOT worth it. Hostel itself seemed ok, but location was terrible. I even asked the guy at reception if he thought it was safe and he said def not after 9 or 10pm anyway. I ended up switching hostels and was much happier when I left.

I was looking for a convenient overnight stay near KL Sentral as I was catching my international flight the following day. It's very easy to find, following directions from the website. It's a basic,clean hostel. Nice and very helpful staff. I wished I could have stayed another night or two to properly throw myself in the atmosphere of the hostel- I really like the common area (and Platform 2 3/4) and how people interacted. Breakfast was simple,toasts and variety of spreads, tea/coffee.

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels