PP BackPackers Reviews

283/45 pham ngu lao street, Dist.1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Good location, comfortable room, nice breakfast. The dorm room door was unlocked at all times and I was able to walk in and out of the hostel without being challenged by anyone (even those working there I had not met before) so I don't think the security of the dorm room is good. No basic provisions supplied for dorm room either - had to buy own toilet roll and hand soap, despite asking for some to be put into room.

breakfast is good here but you have to hire lockers which seems a bit steep and the wifi crashes, but that's pretty much par for the course in Vietnam. Staff are also helpful and kind, they allowed me to check in really early but the reception is not 24hrs which is irritating.

The staff here are absolutely fantastic. We stayed in a double private. While it was a basic room, It was cleaned daily.

Highly recommend, would stay there again. Clean, friendly, cheap, good location, delicious breakfast, nice and helpful staff, quiet, great value!

• 14th Mar 2015

Great location if youre looking for the hustle and bustle of district 1. Stayed here with my boyfriend and the accomodations in the private en suite were ok...about right for the price. Included breakfast is about what you would expect as well. Can get noisy but that's the nature of staying in the heart of everything. Lots of markets around. Remember to drink bottled water :-)

• 9th Mar 2015

The staff was very helpful, didn't speak English a lot but were trying really hard. The receptionist girl was really pretty ;) the facilities were a bit funny though...

• 4th Mar 2015
  • Czech Republic

Had a few problems with the room but the staff fixed them pretty quickly.

Dirty bathroom for us ans a bit noisy in the morning but the rest was fine!

Things that were wrong- Ants in our bed, no safe deposit box, filthy 'balcony', grotty room and bathroom, lumpy mattress, tiny room (double private), stained sheets, blanket for a duvet, malfunctioning air con, sticky remote, not very friendly staff, chicken was raw in in house restaurant. (Money was taken off bill when brought up to staff though and overpriced,have stayed in nicer for much cheaper! Things we liked- good location, free breakfast, information on whereabouts. Wouldn't stay again.

Great stay, very good location staff extremely helpful, rooms very clean. I would definetly stay again & recommend highly!!

• 9th Feb 2015

Great and helpful staff, wonderful breakfast !

• 9th Feb 2015

Everything went according to plan, the staff were always helpful and happy.

I loved that breakfast was included, but I mainly look for that when staying in Vietnam. The Internet could be really spotty, but you get what you pay for. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. The only downside was that it was pretty loud at night, but it is located near the backpacker area, so that's to be expected. Good for a short term stay. If ore the rats near the kitchen.

• 1st Feb 2015

PP Backpackers is value for money. Nice staff, located in the touristy backpackers area and your stay depends most of the other backpackers (in my case friendly people and one sweaty snoring person, who made staying in the room sometimes a bit uncomfortable).

• 1st Feb 2015

We booked at Pp backpackers and arrived very late at night (2am ) at first we couldn't find it because everything on the street was locked up, but when we did a worker quickly escorted us across the street to another hotel since Pp was overbooked. While we enjoyed Pp BackPackers (mostly for the location) the hotel we stayed at the first night was my nicer. (Better bathroom, bed, tv, and WiFi). Otherwise Pp was great

Great location in the central backpackers area of Pham Ngu Leo. Our room was decent but we have stayed at better places in HCMC for the same price. The stairway is quite dirty and could use a brush-up. Overall, I think it's a decent place to stay, however there are better options out there for the same price.

The staff was very helpful. The rooms were ok, but not great for the money. The breakfast was fine. The location was pretty good. The area around the hostel is a fun place to explore. WiFi was good.

PP backpackers rocks man

• 13th Jan 2015

The hotel staff were extremely nice, the location was great, and they allowed us to run the AC whenever we wanted in our dorm. However, the dorm smelled like feet, and the beds were quite uncomfortable. My brother and I decided to move hostels before we were supposed to. Only one bathroom for 8 of us and had no kind of ventilation. It was also very small, with no shower curtain so everything got wet

Extremely friendly, accommodating & helpful staff, Tung (specifically) guided us to local vendors and advised us on local Vietnamese foods and traditions. He even gave me free incense. Good atmosphere, extremely central and still on a quiet road which is amazing for sleeping. Very clean and homely decor. Delicious breakfast and overall positive vibe.

• 8th Jan 2015