PP BackPackers Reviews

283/41 Pham Ngu Lao Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Really cool place. My room was spotless, A/C and hot water available always (definitely no bugs in my bed!). It is a minute from the bustling street and still far enough to have some peace, perfect location. Atmosphere is perfect and the staff is great, I sat and talked with them for hours on the street. The owner Jade is an honest, clever and open minded girl who helped me in anything i needed. Stayed here for almost a week in total, that's definitely my home in Saigon.

The staff did not watch the roomkeys that were given to them. The hallway stank and in our beds were bugs. You weren"t able to shut the windows all the way, so it was pretty loud.

It was a nice place to stay. The location was really good. We also rented a motorbike from them cheaper than you get them in the streets. We would come back.

Perfect location and great price for this place. There is no atmosphere for mingling with other travelers unless you hangout in the actual dorm room but you'll meet plenty of travelers on the streets so don't worry about that. Staff are mixed. The one younger girl speaks good english and is very helpful. The others do not speak English and would prefer if you didn't wake them from their nap on the sofa to do things like help you call a guesthouse in another town for a reservation.

Staff are friendly. The shower is a bit run down, needs a bit of ventilation. Smell of stale water and air every time you go in there.. Only 1 bathroom to share, another one would be nice for early morning when every is in a rush to get ready to leave. Stayed in a dorm, power point is only located on the bottom bunk beds. To sum up, you get what you pay for. The private rooms look nicer, maybe ill book the private room for next time.

Loved this place, the staff were very friendly, the room was clean, the other guests I stayed with were lovely, and it was in a good location near lots of other backpackers, bars and touristy stuffs to do, oh and they also offered good prices on day trips and would definitely go back again!

• 14th Jan 2014

it was very nice to stay except few things

• 14th Jan 2014
  • India

Fairly good hostel, located right in the backpacker district. No problems with my stay other than they lost one of my singlets when i put my laundry through.

A good place to stay ;). 5 minutes walk only to bar street and about 30 minutes walk to the main things to see in Saigon. If you need something , just ask the owner and she will help you. Friendly family runs the place. It is a good deal for the price you pay. You get very cheap beers and you meet people. The only bad point was the wifi but they try to fix the problem. Thanks for a very nice stay with you ... ;)

Have been backpacking for long. First time with family. They had apprehensions. But excellent stay at PP Backpackers. Must say one of the best backpacking experience I've ever had. The owner is a great lady and goes out of the way to make you comfortable and more importantly helps you with other bookings too, like visit to Chu Chi tunnels, River Cruise etc. without any bias. She does not get commission. Also helps you with info about best place to eat and shop etc. overall a great place to stay.

The owner is always around and really friendly and helpful. Good tour advice and good cu chi tunnel booked through them - our tour guide was excellent! Atmosphere was good as the room is chill-able but downstairs is more lobby like. Not all staff speak english, but then not all travellers speak Vietnamese. Wifi strong through out.

Excellent location in backpackers district. Could use another toilet on the same floor as the 8 bed dorm. The girl at the front desk is super helpful and nice and even walked us to the bus in the morning and got our tickets for us. Overall great value for money in my opinion.

I stayed here for two nights. It is in a great location for backpackers as it is near the main nightlife area and only a short walk from most of the tourist destinations. The staff are friendly and happy to help book tours and flights etc. Overall PP Backpackera is at great choice!

• 4th Nov 2013

Becky is an amazing host. This hostel was brilliant, perfectly located. Good security. Clean. But the highlight is the owner. Becky is a great example of wonderful people in this world, even with the notorious dodgyness of Vietnam. I left some stuff at the hostel and I went up north and couldnt go back to HCMC and she sent it to the hostel I was staying. This is called going an extra mile for a customer!... she did huge favour for my friend as well! I wish her all the best ...

• 26th Oct 2013