PP BackPackers Reviews

283/41 Pham Ngu Lao Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

PP backpackers rocks man

• 13th Jan 2015

I stayed 3 nights in the mixed dorm. The beds are worn out and have some stains, the room in general looked a bit run down and dirty. The bathroom which was a bottle neck sometimes as it seemed to be used by more than just our dorm did not make a good impression. There were cockroaches and the power outlet next to the shower did make me feel uncomfortable. As there is no elevator it is a bit of an effort to get to the dorm. The staff is really friendly, location is great and breakfast till 10!

We didn't get to stay at PP BackPackers because they were overbooked. They set us up across the street at Vinh Chung Hotel, which worked out well for us. Happy Vo, the owner of Vinh Chung Hotel was so wonderful to us. She helped us arranged all our travel and tour tickets and she was always happy to talk to. The room we got was big, clean, newly renovated, had clean linens, comfortable bed, and hot shower. We had a wonderful and relaxing stay. We recommend you stay there instead! We will return!

I liked PP BackPackers very much, the staff was friendly, the AC worked nicely, the tv had lots of channels, the bed was good, the place was clean. One of the attendants did not speak English at all well, that was a small hindrance. Another worker did speak English well, I mostly went to her when I wanted something. The location was very good, right in the middle of all the action.

• 2nd Jan 2015

I asked for a six bed dorm and ended up getting an eight bed dorm. It was still a well air cconditioned room. Saw a very few ant there, but didn't really bother anyone. The location was great right by Pham Ngu Lau where everything happens in the night. Compared to how close it was to everything it was very quiet during the night. I signed up for a great two day Mekong Delta trip at a reasonable price. I've enjoyed staying here and plan on coming back.

Genuinely the best hostel in Saigon! We received a free upgrade from a private to a private deluxe room on our first night, the lady who runs the hostel and her staff are the friendliest and most helpful people ever, and the location is perfect, in the heart of the backpackers area just off Bui Vien. Clean and comfy. Free breakfast was pretty good too - excellent coffee :) Definitely stay here, lovely place :)

this is a family business and besides is a little hard to find it once you get into this bp you will have a nice stay. we stayed in a double room and it was huge with balcony, the price is okay for what you get. the breakfast is incluided and also was okay!!! we recommend this place! staff very friendly all the time!!! nice stay in hcmc

Bathroom was dirty

• 25th Nov 2014

Really good and clean hostel in a more quiet alley next to the Pham Ngo Lao area. Really nice staff and good breakfast. Very good price value. Thanks.

The first night me and my bf stayed there, the room we booked were full. PP Backpackers was very nice to upgrade our room for 1 night at no charge, and later moved us to the original room the next night. We also felt safe leaving our backpacks in the hostel after checkout, as the staff would look after it.

• 21st Nov 2014
  • Singapore

PP Backpackers is a wonderful little guesthouse! It is very clean and comfortable and has a relaxed atmosphere. The owner is really nice and helpful and really cares about making the place comfortable for the guests. It is in a good part of Saigon - in a little lane just near restaurants, shops, bars, laundry facilities, beauty parlours - everything, including the best park I have ever been to. I highly recommend this backpackers. Thank you Jade! All the best to you and your family!

Location in the middle of the tourist area but very quiet. The room was clean and staff was very nice and friendly. The breakfast was a bit a disappointment. At the end I didn't got anything because they constantly run out of the few things that they have in offer.

My vacation was hassle-free since booking tours and bus trips is also possible thru the hotel.

• 24th Oct 2014