PP BackPackers Reviews

283/41 Pham Ngu Lao Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

The staff was very helpful, didn't speak English a lot but were trying really hard. The receptionist girl was really pretty ;) the facilities were a bit funny though...

• 4th Mar 2015
  • Czech Republic

Had a few problems with the room but the staff fixed them pretty quickly.

Dirty bathroom for us ans a bit noisy in the morning but the rest was fine!

Things that were wrong- Ants in our bed, no safe deposit box, filthy 'balcony', grotty room and bathroom, lumpy mattress, tiny room (double private), stained sheets, blanket for a duvet, malfunctioning air con, sticky remote, not very friendly staff, chicken was raw in in house restaurant. (Money was taken off bill when brought up to staff though and overpriced,have stayed in nicer for much cheaper! Things we liked- good location, free breakfast, information on whereabouts. Wouldn't stay again.

Great stay, very good location staff extremely helpful, rooms very clean. I would definetly stay again & recommend highly!!

• 9th Feb 2015

Great and helpful staff, wonderful breakfast !

• 9th Feb 2015

Everything went according to plan, the staff were always helpful and happy.

I loved that breakfast was included, but I mainly look for that when staying in Vietnam. The Internet could be really spotty, but you get what you pay for. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. The only downside was that it was pretty loud at night, but it is located near the backpacker area, so that's to be expected. Good for a short term stay. If ore the rats near the kitchen.

• 1st Feb 2015

PP Backpackers is value for money. Nice staff, located in the touristy backpackers area and your stay depends most of the other backpackers (in my case friendly people and one sweaty snoring person, who made staying in the room sometimes a bit uncomfortable).

• 1st Feb 2015

We booked at Pp backpackers and arrived very late at night (2am ) at first we couldn't find it because everything on the street was locked up, but when we did a worker quickly escorted us across the street to another hotel since Pp was overbooked. While we enjoyed Pp BackPackers (mostly for the location) the hotel we stayed at the first night was my nicer. (Better bathroom, bed, tv, and WiFi). Otherwise Pp was great

Great location in the central backpackers area of Pham Ngu Leo. Our room was decent but we have stayed at better places in HCMC for the same price. The stairway is quite dirty and could use a brush-up. Overall, I think it's a decent place to stay, however there are better options out there for the same price.

The staff was very helpful. The rooms were ok, but not great for the money. The breakfast was fine. The location was pretty good. The area around the hostel is a fun place to explore. WiFi was good.

PP backpackers rocks man

• 13th Jan 2015

Extremely friendly, accommodating & helpful staff, Tung (specifically) guided us to local vendors and advised us on local Vietnamese foods and traditions. He even gave me free incense. Good atmosphere, extremely central and still on a quiet road which is amazing for sleeping. Very clean and homely decor. Delicious breakfast and overall positive vibe.

• 8th Jan 2015
  • South Africa

I stayed 3 nights in the mixed dorm. The beds are worn out and have some stains, the room in general looked a bit run down and dirty. The bathroom which was a bottle neck sometimes as it seemed to be used by more than just our dorm did not make a good impression. There were cockroaches and the power outlet next to the shower did make me feel uncomfortable. As there is no elevator it is a bit of an effort to get to the dorm. The staff is really friendly, location is great and breakfast till 10!

We didn't get to stay at PP BackPackers because they were overbooked. They set us up across the street at Vinh Chung Hotel, which worked out well for us. Happy Vo, the owner of Vinh Chung Hotel was so wonderful to us. She helped us arranged all our travel and tour tickets and she was always happy to talk to. The room we got was big, clean, newly renovated, had clean linens, comfortable bed, and hot shower. We had a wonderful and relaxing stay. We recommend you stay there instead! We will return!

I liked PP BackPackers very much, the staff was friendly, the AC worked nicely, the tv had lots of channels, the bed was good, the place was clean. One of the attendants did not speak English at all well, that was a small hindrance. Another worker did speak English well, I mostly went to her when I wanted something. The location was very good, right in the middle of all the action.

• 2nd Jan 2015

I asked for a six bed dorm and ended up getting an eight bed dorm. It was still a well air cconditioned room. Saw a very few ant there, but didn't really bother anyone. The location was great right by Pham Ngu Lau where everything happens in the night. Compared to how close it was to everything it was very quiet during the night. I signed up for a great two day Mekong Delta trip at a reasonable price. I've enjoyed staying here and plan on coming back.

Genuinely the best hostel in Saigon! We received a free upgrade from a private to a private deluxe room on our first night, the lady who runs the hostel and her staff are the friendliest and most helpful people ever, and the location is perfect, in the heart of the backpackers area just off Bui Vien. Clean and comfy. Free breakfast was pretty good too - excellent coffee :) Definitely stay here, lovely place :)

Good location with heaps going on around the area. They upgraded our room due to our arrival time and our original room not being available that early. Adequate breakfast provided but no cooking facilities, although it's cheaper to eat out so not an issue.