PP BackPackers Reviews

283/45 pham ngu lao street, Dist.1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Extremely friendly, accommodating & helpful staff, Tung (specifically) guided us to local vendors and advised us on local Vietnamese foods and traditions. He even gave me free incense. Good atmosphere, extremely central and still on a quiet road which is amazing for sleeping. Very clean and homely decor. Delicious breakfast and overall positive vibe.

• 8th Jan 2015
  • South Africa

Despite there being no common room I managed to meet a lot of other travelers in the dorm. Staff very helpful! Close to all the action but down an alley so it stays a bit quieter. Want to find good cheap food? Just walk outside and choose a street, its everywhere around here!

I stayed 3 nights in the mixed dorm. The beds are worn out and have some stains, the room in general looked a bit run down and dirty. The bathroom which was a bottle neck sometimes as it seemed to be used by more than just our dorm did not make a good impression. There were cockroaches and the power outlet next to the shower did make me feel uncomfortable. As there is no elevator it is a bit of an effort to get to the dorm. The staff is really friendly, location is great and breakfast till 10!

We didn't get to stay at PP BackPackers because they were overbooked. They set us up across the street at Vinh Chung Hotel, which worked out well for us. Happy Vo, the owner of Vinh Chung Hotel was so wonderful to us. She helped us arranged all our travel and tour tickets and she was always happy to talk to. The room we got was big, clean, newly renovated, had clean linens, comfortable bed, and hot shower. We had a wonderful and relaxing stay. We recommend you stay there instead! We will return!

I liked PP BackPackers very much, the staff was friendly, the AC worked nicely, the tv had lots of channels, the bed was good, the place was clean. One of the attendants did not speak English at all well, that was a small hindrance. Another worker did speak English well, I mostly went to her when I wanted something. The location was very good, right in the middle of all the action.

• 2nd Jan 2015

I asked for a six bed dorm and ended up getting an eight bed dorm. It was still a well air cconditioned room. Saw a very few ant there, but didn't really bother anyone. The location was great right by Pham Ngu Lau where everything happens in the night. Compared to how close it was to everything it was very quiet during the night. I signed up for a great two day Mekong Delta trip at a reasonable price. I've enjoyed staying here and plan on coming back.

Genuinely the best hostel in Saigon! We received a free upgrade from a private to a private deluxe room on our first night, the lady who runs the hostel and her staff are the friendliest and most helpful people ever, and the location is perfect, in the heart of the backpackers area just off Bui Vien. Clean and comfy. Free breakfast was pretty good too - excellent coffee :) Definitely stay here, lovely place :)

Good location with heaps going on around the area. They upgraded our room due to our arrival time and our original room not being available that early. Adequate breakfast provided but no cooking facilities, although it's cheaper to eat out so not an issue.

this is a family business and besides is a little hard to find it once you get into this bp you will have a nice stay. we stayed in a double room and it was huge with balcony, the price is okay for what you get. the breakfast is incluided and also was okay!!! we recommend this place! staff very friendly all the time!!! nice stay in hcmc

Bathroom was dirty