PRISON by thehostelcrowd

Fabulous 226 Total Reviews
Fabulous 226 Total Reviews

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
28th Mar 2017

Very good hostel, cheap, and staff are very friendly and helpful! Met so many great people at the hostel and travelled to different beaches around Goa on a daily basis with other backpackers from Prison. Only downside was the night time security guard who seemed like a bit of a pain in the hole, constantly looking to complain about something. But apart from that, I had a very good stay at prison!

• amitcemk_cse
  • India, Male, 25-30
26th Mar 2017

They should take extra efforts for comforts of foreigners (specially who dont know english).

• anjboxer5566
  • Australia, Male, 25-30
18th Mar 2017

This place was pretty sweet! Really close to the beach. It was low season and I dont think the staff cared too much as they charge like 1/10th of the price in high season. I also stayed at FunkyMonkey and thats right on the beach and I'd probs stay there if I did it again. Prison was still an awesome place though and with breakfast included how can you knock it! It probs get an aircon room next time though :P (Also FYI bring sunblock as Indian sunblock is dodgy as!)

• Scotland, Male, 18-24
17th Mar 2017

Great stay at the Prison! Loved the bus bar and appreciated the WiFi and hot water. The only downside was that the staff didn't keep us up to date with what was going on in the area. Another hostelcrowd hostel Jungle had a bus put on for a day trip to Dudhsagar Falls and to the Arpora market but Prison wasn't included.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
16th Mar 2017
5.1

Good points [Nice travellers, good party atmosphere, Close to some clubs & beach/shops, Clean] Bad points [Highly aggressive barman who abused me for taking a cup from the kitchen [no one told me we couldn't use the usually communal kitchen!]. Would not stop yelling at me for 5 mins in front of other travellers. When I ran from him out of the hostel, he chased me out. I was afraid he would hurt me. The next day as he was the chef he refused to cook me breakfast, despite me having paid]

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
10th Mar 2017

The prison hostel was super cool. Really good concept that they have for the hostel and they run activities each day which is a great way to meet people. Devastated that I left before ladies night at club Cubana. The staff were really helpful when booking onward travel and helped one of the guys in my dorm who had broken his elbow. It is a 5-10 minute walk from the Wednesday market and the beach so it is quieter in the evening when you want to sleep. The outside area is great for meeting people

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
5th Mar 2017

Absolutely loved our time at prison. Cool theme idea, great people and atmosphere. Definitely would return.

26th Feb 2017
5.1

The hostel wasnt great. I had money stolen from me inside the hostel and I once woke up at 10 and the breakfast had finished even though they say it's until 11

Hi there - We're sorry to hear that you had something stolen from you in the hostel. Every bed comes with lockers big enough to store the entire backpack and we ask all guests to lock up their possessions to avoid such situations. We're sorry to hear that you weren't served breakfast at 10am. We'll definitely have a word with our staff to see that it doesn't happen again. Safe travels!

• India, Mixed Group, 18-24
4th Feb 2017
8.0

I loved my stay at prison.

Thanks for the kind words!

• England, Mixed Group, 25-30
29th Jan 2017

Wonderful staff, welcoming and friendly. Great value for money, especially with breakfast included. Not too far to walk to the beach. Definitely eat at La Franza across the road. The only downfall is the occasional power cut but I'd certainly recommend this Hostel and I'd stay there again.

Thanks for the great review! We're glad you liked the staff and had a great time at Prison, La Franza does have some great food at a reasonable price. We're sorry about the power cuts, unfortunately, we're at the mercy of the electricity department when it comes to that. We did install a basic power backup so that the WiFi and a few fans continue to run at least. Hope you enjoy the rest of your stay in India!