PRISON by thehostelcrowd Reviews

970/1 Anjuna Flea Market Road, Opposite La Franza Restaurant, Goa, India

They screwed up our booking and we had to leave within an hour of knowing a day before we expected, average staff who were not very friendly or helpful, but clean rooms and a great place to meet cool people. Free water was great.

Great place to stay. The breakfast menu was too good. A special thanks to Richard for being a good host.

• 23rd Jan 2016
  • India

Good hostel and nice staf. They request to get the passport as deposit until check-out. I recomend to write this at least in the conditions on hostelworld/Booking.com (it is only writen that you have to produce it on arrival which is comen as the hostels have to make a photokopy) I also recomend to instruct the staff that they shouldn't tell the guests that it is normal that in a hostel you have to leave the passport as a deposit durring the stay at the reception. Creats bad feelings.

Good hostel to meet people that want to party.

Loved staying here! I only booked in for 2 nights and ended up staying for seven! The staff are lovely and helpful, there's loads of nice cafés and restaurants nearby, the beach is just a 10 minute walk away, and the activities organised by the hostel are spot on. It's a very sociable hostel, so great for solo travellers too.

Overall great place to stay... not mentioned in the reviews was their own map which was a wealth of information and we used everytime we picked a new beach, restaurant and bar.

• 4th Jan 2016

The Prison hostel is avery cool place. Rooms are nice, clean, quite big and comfortable also for a long staying. the stuff is nice and helpful. the hostel may be quite noisy so don t go there if you want a quiet stay but it is the right place to meet people and party. 10 min by walk from the beach and close to many good place to eat.

Thanks for everything!

Hostel is decent, with an OK common area. It is located about a 10-15 minute walk from Anjuna beach. The best aspects of this hostel are the comfortable rooms, clean bathrooms, free cold water and good breakfast. Downsides are the location is a bit far from the beach and that there isn't a lot of shade in the outdoor area. We stayed over Christmas and New Year and the prices were ludicrous, but this was the same with every other hostel so can't really complain. Staff were fantastic.

It was a bit pricey compare to the rest of my hostels in India but the hostel was good and clean. Great place to meet people and party! Rent a bike and explore all the beaches and restaurants.

I don't ever leave feedback. I'm sure the "reception team" if they are the guys to respond will retort as dismissively as I saw them treating the lovely women that were cleaning and making breakfast. Which is one of few things.When I was told I couldn't change to a cheaper dorm room I had an entire ac dorm to myself despite my fellow travellers saying loads of empty beds in the mixed dorms. I cut 7 nights to 3. Fortunately the people I met saved prison. It's ok but expected more, on past reviews

• 18th Dec 2015
  • Scotland

Hi there - Firstly I am not part of the reception team. All staff have known each other for 2 years now and this is the first time we've heard someone say that the housekeepers are being mistreated. They can only communicate in Konkani and maybe the language sounded harsh to you which is very unfair to the boys at reception. As for your room - you were given the room that you booked online. We may have had empty beds due to late arrivals who eventually were no-shows.

Actually we spent most of our time outside the hostel but this place was great! They had a very nice outdoor patio area where everyone would hang out in the evenings. We met a lot of interesting people from all around the world and the best part was seven of us could share a cab from north to south Goa which was otherwise very expensive. We had booked a private room and it could have been a bit better- more lights, a bit more furnished. The staff was great- they helped us with the party places.

Good vibes here. Very social with a nice bar area. Rooms are spacious. Mopeds available to rent. Good free breakfast. Staff are great and refunded my money when i cut my stay short. Prices double on the weekend, so consider staying here during the week.

Thanks for the positive review. Prices do not double on the weekend but they double during the Christmas and New Years period. Please note that the hostel organizes a free Christmas and New Years party for all guests of Prison and Jungle

Prison hostel is not really as much fun as I thought it would be after reading some of the reviews. don't think the area is that great .It's about a half hour walk to the beach so unless your willing to pay money on a scooter then it's not worth going .The rooms weren't all that great and the bathroom wasn't the best either. The bar setup was cool but they didn't have the best selection of alcohol to choose from. Overall stay was pretty disappointing for me . Don't think I would stay here again

Hey there - we're sorry you felt this way about prison. As a bunch of 20-somethings, prison is an incredibly fun place to be although we must admin, it tends to suit a younger audience better. But hey - everyone's welcome. Over the past 2 seasons, we've come to realise that it isn't the place - its the people!

Nice, fun hostel! Will stay again should I be lucky enough to return to Goa.

Really amazing staff that will go above and beyond to make sure you're having a good time. Really cool hostel that is fun to chill out or party I and the rooms are really quiet as well - we loved our time there and would definitely come back!

Really enjoyed my stay at Prison. Staff where amazing. Chef Richys cooking, the day trip to waterfall with AD was lots of fun and max helped with all front desk needs. Would highly recommend booking this place for your stay in goa.

Glad to hear! You're welcome back anytime..

I woke up at 3:30 am with a large cockroach crawling on my chest.

• 21st Nov 2015

Hi there - Just to clarify, we are located right next to rice fields and if you leave your windows open, mosquitoes, insects and bugs will enter your room (and this applies for the rest of India as well). The hostel employs 2 cleaners and all rooms and bathrooms are cleaned everyday.

First thing, Good and friendly staff. I just loved ma stay in this hostel, highly recommended if u are looking for the facilities. This hostel is well maintained and clean, will definitely book this in ma next visit to goa

Thanks for the positive review. We would love to have you back..

if you are looking for a social/party atmosphere, this is the right hostel for you. Had a great time here and met some really cool people. They have a nice breakfast in the morning and is walking distance to beach and good restaurants.

« first « Prev 1 2 3