Pacific Loft Apartments Reviews

29 North Elliot Place, New York, USA

This place was dismal. If you're in New York to enjoy yourself, spend an extra $10 a night and avoid this place entirely. This is not a hostel so much as a ratty apartment with bunk beds. The floor was filthy. The guy I interacted with seemed barely capable of managing a mailbox. BE WARNED - HE WILL ATTEMPT TO CHARGE MORE THAN WHAT IS ADVERTISED ON THIS SITE.

Most friendly staff I have ever encountered!

Undeniably sketchy place, and I'd prefer to stay elsewhere in the future, but it was cheap and clean and I wouldn't be upset if I had to stay there again. Don't expect any vibrant hostel experience, but if you just want a cheap place to stay in Brooklyn, I would recommend it.

• 27th Sep 2014

Located in downtown Brooklyn right by the east river!! Easy connection to trains and buses. The hosts are super friendly and will go out of their way to help. The facilities are not great but just adequate for backpacking and short stays. Will definitely recommend..

Super well priced accom in NYC. In an ok location but close to transport so you can get to where you really want to be with no hassle. For $40 per night I had a clean bed in a reasonably clean appartment. Basic cooking facilities, a bathroom and a lounge to chill out in. Far from fancy but the essentials are all there, the staff are friendly and love a chat. The only issue I have is that no key was supplied so security is questionable, but there was usually someone around keeping watch

• 16th Sep 2014

This accommodation was so good!!!

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Japan

Upon arriving I was heckled by the the people who ran the place. I brushed it off but I thought it was very rude. The place was also extremely dirty. For example there was trash and old water bottles and papers and debris in every corner of the sleeping quarters. There were also old razor blades and an ancient half-full Gatorade bottle left in the shower. Gross! Also, I had to go without a shower one day because they supposedly ran out of water.

• 8th Sep 2014

There aren't lockers but you don't need them, there are normally staff members around. There is a beautiful park and a free swimming pool directly opposite the hostel. It's very close to a Chinese place which is very cheap and a bus stop. Subway is fairly close too.thoroughly enjoyed my stay, would recommend the family run homely hostel. Met some great people and had a great time.

• 24th Aug 2014

Avoid, if possible! It's cheap for N.Y but you should invest a little bit more. The place is dirty, I had the rewash my dishes, before eating and I didn't take my shoes off, the floor were sticky. The bed were not comfortable. The pictures are not accurate at all!!!

• 20th Aug 2014

Everything quite poor.... plus BED BUGS!!!!!!

Don't expect to much. No luxury. Ok in price. Good for backpackers. And: It's New York!

The manager/owner was incredibly friendly and helpful. We arrived late and he got out of bed and got us all set up. He also drove us to the subway each day.

• 29th Jul 2014

You need to make it a nice place where people want to stay more than just for sleeping!

• 29th Jul 2014