Pacific Loft Apartments Reviews

29 North Elliot Place, New York, USA

No hot water. They gave me a 30 dollar discount but I would have rather had hot water. Very dirty and not well kept. The staff also just came in to clean early turned on the lights and woke everyone up. I hate complaining but they didn't even have a key for me to use! I stuck it out, nothing horrible happened but I will always check out a hostel before booking now. Good grief!

If they need me to tell them what's wrong with them then that's probably the first thing they gotta work on. Place is B.a.D

• 23rd Oct 2015
  • Saint Lucia

I arrived at this hostel at 11pm at night after a long flight. After my arrival a guy came and said the owner was away but the hostel was overbooked and he was here to take me to a different hostel. I really didn't have a choice. The hostel he took me to was further out of town and also very dirty. I was woken repeatedly in the early hours of the morning by people banging on the door. The beds were super creaky and to access the only PowerPoints in the room I had to lean over someone else's bed.

I loved the relaxed atmosphere and welcoming people. It was a chilled out place. I would have liked my top bunk to not be wobbly and to actually get a blanket. th staff were never there when I was to ask for a blanket. It would have also been nice to be told that we were going to another hostel before we arrived as we chose this one because of the location. But overall a warm, friendly place to hang out and put your head down after a long day being a tourist.

• 10th Oct 2015
  • New Zealand

I was in a lot of youth hostels in Europe and North America, and this was just the worst youth hostel I've ever stayed (bad cleanliness, the same bed gave to two persons, no hot water in our building so we had to change of building to take a shower...) To be the most objective possible I have to say that Cooper, the manager, is a very nice man, nevertheless. But I recommend to choose this place as an emergency solution ; it's cheap, but there are better deals in the city.

I didn't expect such an atmosphere with so much person in a room, so little space. I was a bit surprised when I discovered the place.

• 9th Oct 2015

Honestly, the worst hostel experience I've ever had. Stayed at 40+ hostels lifetime. We got to the hostel and they overbooked, so they put me and my friends in a car and sent us to a hostel owned by a friend of the owner. There we were put in a 6 person room (paid for a 4 person room) and couldn't get a lower price since the new hostel owner didn't know anything about our booking. At the new hostel, just off the Halsey J train, music and loud booze hangouts didn't let us sleep til 3am. Bad vibes

Located in a decent place in Brooklyn. Walking distance to Brooklyn Bridge and Williamsburg. That's all this place really has going for it. "Security" is very laxed. The front door is rarely locked and neither are the room doors, also no place to lock up your bags. The beds are covered in plastic and apparently there are no blankets, only sheets. No hot water in the building I was in. Ill mention that Cooper, the owner, is a nice guy and will give you tips and directions around the area.

The owner/manager was so beyond nice. He cooked breakfast himself on the weekend for intakes, carried my extremely heavy luggage up 4 flights of stairs, drove me to the subway station by favor because he saw I had so many parcels so he volunteered to assist, and likes to hold long positive conversion 2. I also noticed he is flexible with people. Example: He may allow u 2 stay 1 night even though it's prohibited.there's a 2 night minimum. I 4got his name. Tall, dark, kind, Black, middle-aged man.

• 29th Sep 2015

Complete fraud!Upon arrival they told me that in the building all the beds are taken,so they want to drive me to a place 15min away(585 Evergreen Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11221)-on maps it was calculated 25min with a car/53min by public transp from the original address of the hostel.On the question"Am I going to pay less for that?"I was answered with laughter and bad attitude of the owner.Deposit was returned,but I had to agree to him that his responsibility to me was to provide a bed no matter where.

Hostel was overbookd so we were moved to another one, but it was even better, I can't complain about anything, it made my stay in NYC even better

• 25th Sep 2015
  • Czech Republic

It is totally the worst hostel I have ever stayed in whole life! I recommended nobody should stay there and Hostelworld should not work with them no more because:- 1. When I got there, the host told me the hostel was fully booked (the staff said he always accepted more guests just in case some may flake! ) and I was offered a bed kinda in the middle of the hall room! otherwise, he will return half of my payment! Ripped off! 2. Dirty kitchen. dirty bathroom, smelly bed and the air is stuffed!

• 11th Sep 2015

Very friendly staff, c could use some regular maintenance and cleaning, since most people don't pick up after themselves. I had a great time in NYC and it served my purpose, so all in all no complaints. access numbers would also be a plus and knowing you would be charged an international rate + what you owe. I would stay again.

• 5th Sep 2015

Location was okay but there is nothing in the street that identifies the Apartments. Communication was not really clear. Services in general were a little shabby.

• 4th Sep 2015

A/C is very loud, bathroom is dirty, there is even a bed in the kitchen (which is the room everybody has to pass through as well)... The Location is not bad, as Dumbo is near. Williamsburg/Bushwick can be reached by bike in 5-10mins. Atmosphere is excellent because the owner is very friendly and helpful person (e.g. drove us to Williamsburg/invited us for a BBQ) and you get in touch with the other guest very fast. And it's cheap ;)

Wasn't. The best hostel I have ever stayed in but it was cheap so I didn't expect much. Great for travellers who are trying to save money but still be fairly close to Manhattan.

• 24th Aug 2015

The bathrooms were inexaptable but for New York city and the price you probably should not expect more. There are no lockers or other possibilities to store valuable things safely. Also anyone can enter the house. The atmosphere though is really nice and the beds have fresh bed sheets.

• 23rd Aug 2015

This was an interesting place... really close to downtown Brooklyn. I didn't feel unsafe but the shared bathroom was a little small to be sharing it with 8 people.

• 16th Aug 2015