Pacific Loft Apartments Reviews

29 North Elliot Place, New York, USA

Wasn't. The best hostel I have ever stayed in but it was cheap so I didn't expect much. Great for travellers who are trying to save money but still be fairly close to Manhattan.

• 24th Aug 2015

The bathrooms were inexaptable but for New York city and the price you probably should not expect more. There are no lockers or other possibilities to store valuable things safely. Also anyone can enter the house. The atmosphere though is really nice and the beds have fresh bed sheets.

• 23rd Aug 2015

This was an interesting place... really close to downtown Brooklyn. I didn't feel unsafe but the shared bathroom was a little small to be sharing it with 8 people.

• 16th Aug 2015

the place is a good place to stay the owner is very good and he is of help to his client i like him soo much

• 6th Aug 2015
  • Spain

The place is an excellent place to stay

• 6th Aug 2015

Yhe Pacific Loft has simple accommodations. It is very well localized, close to the subway stations. But for me what really matters is how people treat you and their willingness to help you. I am grateful toto the owner and staff for that.

• 4th Aug 2015

The people here are lovely

This is not a Hostel. It is a run down apartment with dirty bunk beds. I did not stay. There was no one check in. When I called the manager said to walk in the door is never locked. Someone finally came and collected my payment. When I asked for linens he gave me an attitude and acted like I was a huge burden. They were never brought. Then another guest came. They took his reservation and said one of us had to go since there were not enough beds. This was at midnight. Their family kept coming

The owner is a wonderful person. He will really take care of you. Its very close to Manhattan and is accessible through bus and subway. Locality is not ideal as it may be unsafe late in evenings.

very good I enjoyed to stay at the hotel and the owner is very friendly and very good person.

Tiny room. Very dirty and in a bad neighbourhood. I know places cheap to stay in NYC are hard to come by but this place was pretty goddamn awful. Uncomfy beds, and bad smell. Would not stay there again.

• 3rd Apr 2015

We were taken to another "hostel" than recommended which took us 15min longer to get to Manhattan. Ok, it was New Years Eve, but they placed us in a naked room with a double bed. When we returned, the room was full of double beds... The bathroom was extremly dirty and we slept on the plastic bags of the mattrase.. Thought, the guys running this hostel were really nice!

Very good and helpful staff.

Not the best hostel, is more of a apartment turned into hostel. Could be cleaner in places not visible to eye but overall had a good time with great people. Cooper, who runs the place is very nice, cooked breakfast for us and drove us to food places etc. Closes subway is 10~15 minute walk or you can take a bus.

the ceiling leaks, flush in one rest room doesnt work, the neighbourhood is full of blacks... brooklyn not the safe place, however 15 min walk to jay street down town sooo always there is a cop around but still.... safety is not guaranteed if u walk alone

Poorly run business that rents out poor and unhealthy conditions. I feel if they were inspected, they would not be in business very long. The neighborhood is unhealthy and majorities are not favored to be there. I would not recommend this place for women. I paid for 14 days and needed more time and they helped until they decided to change over the "private" loft to communal living. Then I was told to leave after paying them for additional time I was staying.

• 5th Dec 2014

This place was dismal. If you're in New York to enjoy yourself, spend an extra $10 a night and avoid this place entirely. This is not a hostel so much as a ratty apartment with bunk beds. The floor was filthy. The guy I interacted with seemed barely capable of managing a mailbox. BE WARNED - HE WILL ATTEMPT TO CHARGE MORE THAN WHAT IS ADVERTISED ON THIS SITE.

Most friendly staff I have ever encountered!

Undeniably sketchy place, and I'd prefer to stay elsewhere in the future, but it was cheap and clean and I wouldn't be upset if I had to stay there again. Don't expect any vibrant hostel experience, but if you just want a cheap place to stay in Brooklyn, I would recommend it.

Located in downtown Brooklyn right by the east river!! Easy connection to trains and buses. The hosts are super friendly and will go out of their way to help. The facilities are not great but just adequate for backpacking and short stays. Will definitely recommend..

« first « Prev 1 2 3