Pacific Loft Apartments Reviews

29 North Elliot Place, New York, USA

This place was dismal. If you're in New York to enjoy yourself, spend an extra $10 a night and avoid this place entirely. This is not a hostel so much as a ratty apartment with bunk beds. The floor was filthy. The guy I interacted with seemed barely capable of managing a mailbox. BE WARNED - HE WILL ATTEMPT TO CHARGE MORE THAN WHAT IS ADVERTISED ON THIS SITE.

Most friendly staff I have ever encountered!

• 6th Oct 2014

Undeniably sketchy place, and I'd prefer to stay elsewhere in the future, but it was cheap and clean and I wouldn't be upset if I had to stay there again. Don't expect any vibrant hostel experience, but if you just want a cheap place to stay in Brooklyn, I would recommend it.

• 27th Sep 2014

Located in downtown Brooklyn right by the east river!! Easy connection to trains and buses. The hosts are super friendly and will go out of their way to help. The facilities are not great but just adequate for backpacking and short stays. Will definitely recommend..

Super well priced accom in NYC. In an ok location but close to transport so you can get to where you really want to be with no hassle. For $40 per night I had a clean bed in a reasonably clean appartment. Basic cooking facilities, a bathroom and a lounge to chill out in. Far from fancy but the essentials are all there, the staff are friendly and love a chat. The only issue I have is that no key was supplied so security is questionable, but there was usually someone around keeping watch

• 16th Sep 2014

This accommodation was so good!!!

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Japan

Upon arriving I was heckled by the the people who ran the place. I brushed it off but I thought it was very rude. The place was also extremely dirty. For example there was trash and old water bottles and papers and debris in every corner of the sleeping quarters. There were also old razor blades and an ancient half-full Gatorade bottle left in the shower. Gross! Also, I had to go without a shower one day because they supposedly ran out of water.

• 8th Sep 2014

There aren't lockers but you don't need them, there are normally staff members around. There is a beautiful park and a free swimming pool directly opposite the hostel. It's very close to a Chinese place which is very cheap and a bus stop. Subway is fairly close too.thoroughly enjoyed my stay, would recommend the family run homely hostel. Met some great people and had a great time.

• 24th Aug 2014

Avoid, if possible! It's cheap for N.Y but you should invest a little bit more. The place is dirty, I had the rewash my dishes, before eating and I didn't take my shoes off, the floor were sticky. The bed were not comfortable. The pictures are not accurate at all!!!

• 20th Aug 2014

Everything quite poor.... plus BED BUGS!!!!!!

Don't expect to much. No luxury. Ok in price. Good for backpackers. And: It's New York!

The manager/owner was incredibly friendly and helpful. We arrived late and he got out of bed and got us all set up. He also drove us to the subway each day.

• 29th Jul 2014

You need to make it a nice place where people want to stay more than just for sleeping!

• 29th Jul 2014

Clean and safely managed. Great location to explore both Brooklyn and Manhattan

• 20th May 2014
  • Russia

Not a hostel, it's a person renting apartments! No reception, to check in you've to call the owner, takes ~30min for him to get there. Owner is friendly but gets into long lasting arguments with his neighbors while guests are waiting for service! Security: Questionable rather poor looking neighborhood. Once saw a police investigation 3 blocks away from the hostel. No lockers Location: 20min walk from metro! infrequent bus available Private rooms are good: private kitchen and bathroom

• 18th May 2014

Staff were very flexible and accommodating. Will definitely recommend .reasonable price too!

• 13th May 2014

I have stayed in a lot of hostels over the years but this has to be the worst hostel I have stayed in. The owner does not care about his business. He knew what time I was arriving but to him that did not matter. He thought it would be appropriate to ignore emails/phone calls/messages and rock up in the middle of the night to lead me to my dorm and then lie where he was. The rooms are disgusting, they do not look anything like the photo's displayed. Location is very far away from the subway.

Great value for money. Centrally located in downtown Brooklyn opposite a new park and baseball field. The host is really cool and helpful. Definitely recommend !

• 30th Apr 2014

We enjoyed the stay very much. The stuff was friendly and we liked to talk to them. If I would have to say one bad thing the only one would be about the showers. You dont always get warm water out of them and when you do its not enough to wash hair properrly. But thats probably a girls thing.. :) we were complitely satisfied.

It's incredibly dirty. We found dead bugs in the Kitchen and lot of hair in the shower. One guy of the staff was sleeping in the couch in the Kitchen, what is not really normal at all specially in such a small house. You will find two rooms and you have to go across one to go to the other one. Comparing the facilities you can find in Europe for 25 euros ( the same amount we paid in Loft apartments, per person and per night) Loft Apartments is incredibly below the average.