Pacific Loft Apartments Reviews

29 North Elliot Place, New York, New York, USA

Worst service I've ever expirienced. The owner seems don't care about him business at all. Never expect any of asked favors done by the ghanian guy, owning that business. Better find a good clean llase to.stay.

• 31st Jan 2014
  • Russia

Great location., calm and safe neigbourhood.. very close to manhattan

• 19th Jan 2014

I found it weird that there were no staff around, not in the morning, afternoon or evening. No one told me how to reach anyone if i needed help or anything with anything. The hostel was very small, which worked well for me. Other residents were awesome and easy to get to know to. The place was not clean, but it was ok; the price was so low anyway. The location wasn't the best, but i like to walk.Thanks for my stay, I would definitely come again if there were no better located hostels available.

• 8th Nov 2013
  • Finland

Be there when the guest arrives so you don't have to wake them the next morning for payment. Clean the place; it was filthy and disgusting. Four of us were woken at 2 in the morning by the heater which was jetting steam like a sauna - we were boiling hot and scared it was going to explode. FIX IT. It's dangerous. Get a toaster. Explain why you give out keys - no one was locking the door, I felt very unsafe and I didn't want to leave my bad out in the open, which was the only option.

• 7th Nov 2013

The bathroom was dirty and bad smelling! The floor was wet and dirty! The owner wasn't there every day, there is no reception! It is very far to the next subway station and a long way to manhatten! After all we were happy that nothing was stolen, what is the most important thing. but we would definitly not go there again!

DONT STAY at this hostel or FIVE SPOT LOFT. Desmond is an arrogant, inconsiderate drunk who plays music when guests are sleeping. He entered the country illegally, smokes weed, curses profusely, belongs to a cult and is a despicable human being who has no respect for females with ambition who do things ACCORDING TO THE LAW.The hostel is dirty,with cockroaches,there is no security,random people sneak in and leave without paying for the room.The rooms are a joke,no lighting, no a/c.STAY AWAY!

The worst hostel i've ever been. It's not clean at all, everybody can get in and the area is not 100% safe. It's particularly dirty. I don't recommend this hostel at all.

Night view from the roof rocks! :D

• 3rd Sep 2013
  • Poland

This is the worst hostelling experience I have ever had. They overbooked, so they made me wait around for like 2 hours while they found me another place. Then the owner dropped me off at the subway station without proper directions. I eventually found my way to the address and it was some semi-abandoned house in Brighton Beach. The owner wasn't even there. It was totally filthy. I called the "owner" and she sad that she would come by the next day so I could pay her even though I already paid!

• 30th Aug 2013

Located in public housing residential area, good neibourhood with supermarkets and restaurants. Though, limited kitchen facility, gas leaks and really basic breakfast (toast + butter + jam); Bed was clean but toilet had dirty floor ground.

I loved to stay in this hostel, Sam was kind and helpful. The closest subway station is 15 minutes walking, but the atmosphere and the price is defintately worth it.

• 7th Aug 2013
  • Mexico

Nice little apartment turned into a hostel, perfect place to stay if your in New York for a quick visit. Location is great, staff were very friendly and the atmosphere was fantastic - a great place to stay if you are a solo traveler! Nice garden out back to chill and full access to net flix and cable TV on those days you don't want to go out. The kitchen however is very basic (no spatulas or cutting knives, chopping boards for cooking) and the gas stove very dodgy; it's best to go out for meals.

Hosts are great, atmosphere is awesome, it felt like a home rather than a motel. It's far from the subway and there really aren't any amenities to speak of except for Wi-Fi, which was good. There aren't really any businesses downtown and the property is next to some public housing, though I never felt unsafe but then again I've some street smarts about me. I left with bug bites but this didn't seem to be a problem for the others. A towel was provided.

really nice place, would definitely recommend.! owners are really nice and helpful (got bad mosquito bite and they went to the shop and bought antihistamines, didn't ask for any money for this), air con in the room was very welcome, really good homely feel to the place. tv has netflix so you can watch what you want (if you want.!)

Ok, it's cheap but it was the worst hostel I had ever been. It has a bad smell, it's not clean in ages and they don't change the bed sheets when you check out. The fact that you can cook is an advantage, but the storage and the refrigerator were filthy. I don't recommend!

Everything is average but staffs are great.

• 14th Jul 2013
  • Taiwan

Great hosts and friendly guest. Will recommend

This hostel is more of a shared flat with good kitchen and amazing backyard! The area is very safe and quiet with a huge park across the street including a swimming pool and playground open all summer. The staff were very friendly and accommodating..

• 7th Jun 2013
  • China

Great location at the heart of downtown Brooklyn and easily connect to Manhattan! Awesome staff who are handy with directions. I really enjoyed my stay at pacific loft!