Pacific Loft Apartments Reviews

29 North Elliot Place, New York, USA

There aren't lockers but you don't need them, there are normally staff members around. There is a beautiful park and a free swimming pool directly opposite the hostel. It's very close to a Chinese place which is very cheap and a bus stop. Subway is fairly close too.thoroughly enjoyed my stay, would recommend the family run homely hostel. Met some great people and had a great time.

• 24th Aug 2014

Avoid, if possible! It's cheap for N.Y but you should invest a little bit more. The place is dirty, I had the rewash my dishes, before eating and I didn't take my shoes off, the floor were sticky. The bed were not comfortable. The pictures are not accurate at all!!!

• 20th Aug 2014

Everything quite poor.... plus BED BUGS!!!!!!

Don't expect to much. No luxury. Ok in price. Good for backpackers. And: It's New York!

You need to make it a nice place where people want to stay more than just for sleeping!

• 29th Jul 2014

Clean and safely managed. Great location to explore both Brooklyn and Manhattan

• 20th May 2014
  • Russia

Not a hostel, it's a person renting apartments! No reception, to check in you've to call the owner, takes ~30min for him to get there. Owner is friendly but gets into long lasting arguments with his neighbors while guests are waiting for service! Security: Questionable rather poor looking neighborhood. Once saw a police investigation 3 blocks away from the hostel. No lockers Location: 20min walk from metro! infrequent bus available Private rooms are good: private kitchen and bathroom

• 18th May 2014

Staff were very flexible and accommodating. Will definitely recommend .reasonable price too!

• 13th May 2014

I have stayed in a lot of hostels over the years but this has to be the worst hostel I have stayed in. The owner does not care about his business. He knew what time I was arriving but to him that did not matter. He thought it would be appropriate to ignore emails/phone calls/messages and rock up in the middle of the night to lead me to my dorm and then lie where he was. The rooms are disgusting, they do not look anything like the photo's displayed. Location is very far away from the subway.

Great value for money. Centrally located in downtown Brooklyn opposite a new park and baseball field. The host is really cool and helpful. Definitely recommend !

• 30th Apr 2014

We enjoyed the stay very much. The stuff was friendly and we liked to talk to them. If I would have to say one bad thing the only one would be about the showers. You dont always get warm water out of them and when you do its not enough to wash hair properrly. But thats probably a girls thing.. :) we were complitely satisfied.

It's incredibly dirty. We found dead bugs in the Kitchen and lot of hair in the shower. One guy of the staff was sleeping in the couch in the Kitchen, what is not really normal at all specially in such a small house. You will find two rooms and you have to go across one to go to the other one. Comparing the facilities you can find in Europe for 25 euros ( the same amount we paid in Loft apartments, per person and per night) Loft Apartments is incredibly below the average.

Worst service I've ever expirienced. The owner seems don't care about him business at all. Never expect any of asked favors done by the ghanian guy, owning that business. Better find a good clean llase to.stay.

• 31st Jan 2014
  • Russia

Great location., calm and safe neigbourhood.. very close to manhattan

• 19th Jan 2014

I found it weird that there were no staff around, not in the morning, afternoon or evening. No one told me how to reach anyone if i needed help or anything with anything. The hostel was very small, which worked well for me. Other residents were awesome and easy to get to know to. The place was not clean, but it was ok; the price was so low anyway. The location wasn't the best, but i like to walk.Thanks for my stay, I would definitely come again if there were no better located hostels available.

• 8th Nov 2013
  • Finland

Be there when the guest arrives so you don't have to wake them the next morning for payment. Clean the place; it was filthy and disgusting. Four of us were woken at 2 in the morning by the heater which was jetting steam like a sauna - we were boiling hot and scared it was going to explode. FIX IT. It's dangerous. Get a toaster. Explain why you give out keys - no one was locking the door, I felt very unsafe and I didn't want to leave my bad out in the open, which was the only option.

• 7th Nov 2013

The bathroom was dirty and bad smelling! The floor was wet and dirty! The owner wasn't there every day, there is no reception! It is very far to the next subway station and a long way to manhatten! After all we were happy that nothing was stolen, what is the most important thing. but we would definitly not go there again!

DONT STAY at this hostel or FIVE SPOT LOFT. Desmond is an arrogant, inconsiderate drunk who plays music when guests are sleeping. He entered the country illegally, smokes weed, curses profusely, belongs to a cult and is a despicable human being who has no respect for females with ambition who do things ACCORDING TO THE LAW.The hostel is dirty,with cockroaches,there is no security,random people sneak in and leave without paying for the room.The rooms are a joke,no lighting, no a/c.STAY AWAY!

The worst hostel i've ever been. It's not clean at all, everybody can get in and the area is not 100% safe. It's particularly dirty. I don't recommend this hostel at all.

Night view from the roof rocks! :D

• 3rd Sep 2013