Pacifica Hotel Reviews

551 Fourth Avenue, San Diego, San Diego, USA

Can't beat the location or price, friendly staff 3 blocks from convention center excellent room for the money

• 11th Aug 2015

Bad internet

Hi! We were the guests that woke you up in the middle of the night to get our rooms. You were very accommodating and friendly (sorry for interrupting your sleep though!) though, despite our late arrival. Thank you so much for being kind. If we are in the area again, we will come back!

Cannot beat this location. the room was really clean. Loved staying here and the lady running it was so lovely. If you want to stay in downtown but are on a budget and can't deal with the dorm life this is a very reasonable option. In fact cheaper than the hostel private room rates. Super spot to stumble home to or walk for dinner/ shopping etc. Highly recommend as long as you aren't going to complain about being in a simple room.

• 31st Jul 2015

No parking on property. I had to get up at 2 am to move my car to a spot vacated on the other side of the street. If I had not I would have gotten a ticket because of street cleaning

• 22nd Jul 2015

This hotel is located in the middle of gaslamp quarter, great place for people looking for good restaurants, bars and nightclubs. This is by no measures a fancy hotel but it was relatively clean and the staff was super friendly. There is no AC only a ceiling fan, which can be a bit of a problem during the hotter Southern California nights. Ok value for the money. Good for those traveling on a budget.

• 1st Jul 2015
  • Sweden

Staff was friendly. There is a small refridge in the room and it is not adjustable. Foods were freezing. There is a room which has microwave, washing machine and drier. Location is awesome!

Great stay! Room was clean, very well maintained. Unbeatable price value!

• 23rd Jun 2015

The location is wonderful, the actual HOSTEL, which it is, it's not a Hotel, is quite shabby, I rented the double bed-private bathroom just too be sure I wouldnt`t hate it... didn't work. The only thing good I got out of it is that a local girl a picked up said she was not going to stay overnight and neither would I, so she took me to her place and out of the 6-day long stay I only spent 1 night at that place...

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Spain

Mr Thanks for your comment.Perhaps you are NOT aware of the FACT that this is the ONLY Family Owned & Operated Hotel in the Gas Lamp Quarter of San Diego since 1972. Sorry it's not up to your expection but it's an over century old "HISTORICAL" Bldg and you must have Noticed the Historical Plaque out by the Entrance.

I was,ok with everything

• 30th May 2015

Convention Center within walking distance, Starbucks across the street, many restaurants in the area, movie theaters, excellent vegan food within walking distance. This is not a luxury hotel, I got my money's worth.

This is not a luxury hotel. Great location for the price. Near the convention center. Staff was friendly and welcoming. Starbucks across the street and a vegan cafe just a few blocks away. Multiple restaurants in the area. Close to the ball park. I would stay here again.

The staff at the front desk was rude. She acted as though she did not like me personally, and seemed to be discriminatory toward me for being a woman traveling alone. She, along with one of the male guests, harassed me until I demanded my money back and left. They were verbally harassing, threatening, ridiculing, and rude. The lobby smelled of uncleanliness, the rooms were tiny, and the small bathroom was shared for nearly the same price as a regular hotel. Unprofessional.

• 28th Apr 2015