Pacifica Hotel Reviews

551 Fourth Avenue, San Diego, San Diego, USA

Convention Center within walking distance, Starbucks across the street, many restaurants in the area, movie theaters, excellent vegan food within walking distance. This is not a luxury hotel, I got my money's worth.

This is not a luxury hotel. Great location for the price. Near the convention center. Staff was friendly and welcoming. Starbucks across the street and a vegan cafe just a few blocks away. Multiple restaurants in the area. Close to the ball park. I would stay here again.

The staff at the front desk was rude. She acted as though she did not like me personally, and seemed to be discriminatory toward me for being a woman traveling alone. She, along with one of the male guests, harassed me until I demanded my money back and left. They were verbally harassing, threatening, ridiculing, and rude. The lobby smelled of uncleanliness, the rooms were tiny, and the small bathroom was shared for nearly the same price as a regular hotel. Unprofessional.

• 28th Apr 2015

Excellent staff, very helpful. Mailed us Some valuable things we left in the room. Great acces to all the best things you can possibly do in San Diego. Highly suggest renting a bike from Bike Revolution on 6th av.

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Poland

Thanks for your very NICE comment,As I told you it is a part of our POLICY to return any valuable left behind by our customer without any charges.This is a TRUE & GENUINE HOSPIALITY on our part and speaks "VOLUME"about our FAMILY BUSINESS. Thanks again for your kind comment and also for your PATRONAGE. M.G.Bhakta.

Top location and good value for the price I paid.

Full of bedbugs. i have 30 bites on my body so please stay away from this hotel if you don't want to be some bugs' feast. i repeat, please stay away.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Turkey

I fell in your shower because the tub was very slippery.when I talked to the assistant manager, all he told me was that he had never fallen in the three years that he had been there. Im still in alot of pain and very bruised. The manager never even had asked me if I was even ok. They never changed my sheets or gave me fresh towels my whole stay there.it was very loud at night and, people kept turning my doorknob throughout the stay all during the night.I ended up leaving a day early.No refund.

• 10th Jul 2014

Nice place with friendly staff. Awesome location with restaurants etc nearby. The only thing that bothered me was that the doors to the rooms are not very sound proof, so there were some nights when I woke up from people talking in the hallways...

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

Dirty! Itchy! My room was accidentally given away. Then got another room but it was itchy. Maybe bed bugs!

Me and my husband really enjoyed the stay.This was our first time in San Diego, the staff was helpful when letting us know about places to go.We will definitely recommend Pacifica to our friends. And when we return we will choose Pacifica for our stay. Thanks for the great hospitality.

• 24th May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

I had to attend a congress in San Diego I was looking for a place to stay near the convention center. I decided to go for the en suite private room at the Pacifica hotel. The location is great, nearby the convention center and Gaslamp. The room was OK-Average cleanliness but my private bathroom was fine. There was no A/C which for hot days is San diego that will be a problem. There was a ceiling fan though. The place smelled Indian carry food cooked by the owners and the insolation wasn't great

• 16th May 2014
  • Cyprus

The room was a little bit hot

The staff at the front desk of the hotel made this an enjoyable stay. Also right in the heart of the gas lamp district and only a few blocks away from the conference centre.

• 4th Apr 2014

no air conditioning

safe, convenient location, friendly and helpful staff, pleasant stay, wifi a little slow but no problem really, bathrooms clean, stayed for 3 days and enjoyed it. good value, private,

There was noone on duty for at least 1 and ahalf hrs. It should not be in data base. This is textbook definition of flophouse. Very bad experience. There were 2 old drunks walking around making noise. No security person. No one on front desk. No note. No place to sit down. I wouldn't go back there for free.

Excellent location, a bit old but clean. Staff is very strict on the "no visits" policy.

Fair price and super location.

Great location? Check. Clean bathrooms? Check Bed bugs? ... check. ...and very unfortunate, as I may otherwise well have recommended the place, 'cause you really can't beat the price. Luckily the bugs revealed themselves before I got to bed, so I was able to change rooms (the manager was really helpful, even though it was already past midnight), and thus escaped a really close encounter. Stayed three nights in a new room without seeing a single bug, but the experience was still ruined for me.

Pleasant stay, thank you