Pacifica Hotel Reviews

551 Fourth Avenue, San Diego, San Diego, California, USA

The staff at the front desk of the hotel made this an enjoyable stay. Also right in the heart of the gas lamp district and only a few blocks away from the conference centre.

• 4th Apr 2014

no air conditioning

safe, convenient location, friendly and helpful staff, pleasant stay, wifi a little slow but no problem really, bathrooms clean, stayed for 3 days and enjoyed it. good value, private,

There was noone on duty for at least 1 and ahalf hrs. It should not be in data base. This is textbook definition of flophouse. Very bad experience. There were 2 old drunks walking around making noise. No security person. No one on front desk. No note. No place to sit down. I wouldn't go back there for free.

Excellent location, a bit old but clean. Staff is very strict on the "no visits" policy.

Fair price and super location.

Great location? Check. Clean bathrooms? Check Bed bugs? ... check. ...and very unfortunate, as I may otherwise well have recommended the place, 'cause you really can't beat the price. Luckily the bugs revealed themselves before I got to bed, so I was able to change rooms (the manager was really helpful, even though it was already past midnight), and thus escaped a really close encounter. Stayed three nights in a new room without seeing a single bug, but the experience was still ruined for me.

Pleasant stay, thank you

I had an enjoyable stay, very clean and safe and excellent location. I wish they'd had a 'sitting room' or common facilities as I was hoping to meet other lone travellers, but it was more like a hotel than a hostel, and I rarely saw any other guests. apart from that, 'd highly recomment it for the price.I

We have small library with table & chairs for all the guests on the second floor under the huge beautiful sky light with lots sun light during the day hours.

The room smell and noisy. I was there in the cold weather. No heater is on. If I could do it again, I wouldn't go to this place ever.

• 6th Jan 2013
  • Thailand

The Hostel smells. Your customer service sucks. Your decor is outdated.

I think there are better places in the city for the same amount of money.

The hostel rooms are not very clean. I stayed in the hostel for over a week and not one day my room was cleaned. The facilities are poor. There is no kitchen, only a microwave.

• 26th Oct 2012

This is a great hostel, extremely close to the convention center, secure, clean, with free internet access. It is a GREAT value. I would stay here again.

Great place, great location, clean, and humble furnishings. All you need ;)

The location is the key at this hotel. Right in the heart of gaslamp quarter at an unbeatable price. Rooms are small and very basic, but they were clean & the bathrooms were recently remodeled.

Staff was very welcoming and nice. I needed a razor and shaving cream and the attendant gave me a razor and let me use her husbands barbasol shaving cream I thought that was a very nice touch :)

• 8th Sep 2012

Dear Roy, We are in the HOSPITALITY business where We treat our guests as our own house guest as in our oldest VEDANT culture in old SANSKRIT scripts says " Athity Devo Bhavah" literely means our Guest is our GOD. Thanks for your kind and sweet comments.We thanks and appreciate your patronizeation.

very small room, no air condition, no fridge, no bathroom door (curtain), no cleaning of the room during the stay

• 19th Aug 2012
  • Switzerland

We were in a small room, and where are there was a mini fridge and a tv, there was no fan of any kind or air conditioner. We actually checked out very early due to being unable to sleep more than a few hours.

• 11th Aug 2012
  • StephanieRose

It's a nice hotel right in the middle of everything in Gaslamp Quarter. The staff is the nicest ever (they let us check in 3 hours before the usual check-in time and kept our bikes in a room for the night). The forniture in the room is kind of old, but the restrooms are very new and everything is very very clean. I had a double room ensuite so I can't provide any information abut the shared restrooms. Highly recomended!

• 9th Aug 2012