7.8
Very Good 158 Total Reviews
7.8
Very Good 158 Total Reviews
Pacifica Hotel Located at 551 Fourth Avenue, San Diego, San Diego.
USA
San Diego California 92101 551 Fourth Avenue, San Diego
78% 158
32.7111104 -117.1609259
    Rooms available

• England, Male, 31-40
28th Sep 2016
8.0

The smell of an incense stick hit me quite strongly the first time I walked in, but I quickly got used to it after that. My room had both an air conditioning unit and a ceiling fan so you have a choice of cooling options for the room depending on how hot it is in San Diego. I stayed in an en suite room with its own shower. Could have done with an extra plug socket, I ended up unplugging the TV on occasion to charge some of my devices. There's a microwave available (not in my room). Overall good.

22nd Sep 2016
7.4

It was perfect for our stay and what we were trying to accomplish. Only issue the room only had two outlets one of which was in the bathroom.

• Canada, Female, 31-40
20th Aug 2016
7.1

This is a good bare-bones place to stay in San Diego, but I wouldn't call it a hostel. Some people may find the atmosphere a bit creepy. It seems like the kind of place where a spy would stay (or someone who wants to be anonymous.) that being said, t he staff were very kind and it has all the basic facilities. It's just a bit confusing for this to be listed on Hostel World. It's more like budget accommodation.

20th Aug 2016

Overall great experience and I love the location of the hostel. It right in the middle of the gas lamp district. You literally step out and there's plenty of restaurants, bars and near by shops to walk to. The building is historical so the hostel is little old and could be updated in the inside. But other than that I've never seen a single bug or anything. And the hostel is really affordable compared to a hotel. Try to check in early so you can find parking downtown too.

• Sweden, Female, 25-30
11th Aug 2016

Pretty old furniture and funky smell. But over all we loved our stay! Me and my boyfriend shared a room with shared bathroom, it had AC, a sink, mirror och closet in the room so u could brush your teeth and get ready in the room. It was quiet and u didn't notice the others staying there. You walk out right into the beat of the gaslamp district right where u wanna be in San Diego! Loved it! I'd stay again!

• USA, Male, 41+
29th Jul 2016
7.1

My wife and I were looking for somewhere cheap to stay the night before she flew out of San Diego (both our sets of friends where we normally stay were unavailable), so we settled on the Pacifica for its availability of private double-occupancy room and modest price. We were happily surprised to find that the room had an (unadvertised) portable air-conditioner! The only downsides were the lack of parking (paid $20 in the next block), and the need to go down the hall to use the two toilets.

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
11th Jul 2016
7.4

Value for money and the location is the big yes for this one. Staff were pleasant and you get what you pay for. It was a little noisy but in a front room facing 4th we expected that. All in all great stay and the aircon in the room was fantastic Don't be expecting a 5 star hotel cause it's not but it was perfect for us

27th Jun 2016

When I saw the low cost and great location of the Pacifica I was expecting very little and I was thoroughly surprised by how nice it is. Pay the extra few dollars and get the room with the private bathroom. My room had an air conditioner and a flat screen and was very clean and pleasant. The staff is super nice and I don't think you'll find a better hotel for such a low price in the gas lamp district.

• USA, Female, 41+
24th Jun 2016

Location and price can't be beat if traveling solo. And don't mind sharing a bathroom. This must have been a boarding house at one time. Decent private room with TV, sink, towels, clean bed.