Paddy's Palace Belfast Reviews

68 Lisburn Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland

Was not cleaned at all. Beds were rubbish. Toilet too small and dirty. The kitchen was unvelievable, I was afraid to get sick considering how dirt was...in the dining area there were some water leaks,wich dangerously wanted to drop in your meal

• 26th Apr 2015

It is an excellent place for a short stay.

• 21st Apr 2015

The hostel was small, the beds were loud and creaky, very small rooms. The window did not open and it was very stuffy. There were only 3 showers but they were hot, there was uld kitchen facilities and a TV room. Was a cheaper place, so you get what you pay for. Overall it wasn't too bad. A bit far from the city centre (20 min walk)

Customer service was extremely helpful and friendly and did not hesitate to answer any questions. However, the bathrooms were dirty and most of the toilets didn't flush. When there are only a few toilets for the hostel this is definitely an issue. Wifi did not work often so if you rely on Internet it was unpredictable!

• 16th Apr 2015

Stayed at paddys 2x nights, my first experience in a hostel so dont have anything to compare it to. However I did feel thewere amazing for the very low rate per night. Included a free breakfast of cereals or toast which got me out of bed in rhe morning. Bunk beds were great. Storing my food great. Nice hot shower in the morning but quite a dirty shower floor feom wetness then outdoor shoes walking over it, not major but that would be my only mini mini thing. Thanks Paddys!

• 13th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

I stayed 2 nights in April 2015, great value, basic but pretty clean. Large kitchen and dining area, good lounge, I stayed in a mixed dorm no problems, maybe they need to get some lockers, if there were any, I'm sorry I couldn't find them! A good place to stay near the hospital, university and town centre, I'd stay again, cheers guys!

Bedrooms are cosy, bathrooms have lots of room, friendly and helpful staff. Very close to Queens University, but a little bit far from the city center (15 - 20 minutes walk) Could be better: No lockers in bedrooms, pillows were too thin, food was stolen from refrigerator, shower door was broken.

• 2nd Apr 2015

The hostel is an old building, I guess, and because of that it's drafty inside. Additionally one night they turned off the radiators and so it was quite cold inside the room. As far as I have seen there are only two showers and so I had to wait for a while to use one of them. A good thing is that the breakfast is included and the price per night is rather small.

• 30th Mar 2015
  • Austria

Great place!

Some facilities were broken, not sure how long they'd been there. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The beds were comfy and the showers hot. Would go again. :D

• 24th Mar 2015
  • Wales

hostel is renovated and generally looks ok. clean beds, rooms not too big. some of them have small windows, so if you get not the cleanest roomates, it might stink. stuff is nice and helpful, flexible with your arragements. hostel ia around 20 mins walk from city centre, so not so close, but also not too far. some of toilets and showers didnt work properly, but shower is hot :) breakfast included - milk and cereals plus toasts with jam. good value for money.

place was disgusting, no hand towel in bathroom, very rarely was there even toilet roll. the hole building had no been cleaned while I stayed - staff were not friendly, they did not have any up to date leaflets on things to do in Belfast - I picked up a map and it was old and pre used. I would not recommend a stay there, even if it is for going on a night on the town.

Really enjoyed our stay, would definitely stay again!

The hostel was terrible. 10 people in one room and no possibility to open a Window everyone was sick and the air was used up. Homeless people Were hanging out in the common room, the shower was broken, the breakfast dreadful. If you can go to lagan backpackers it is a lot better

There was mould on the bread for breakfast which isn't that appealing. Most of the cooking plates don't work. It's hard to find the hostel, you have to remember the house number otherwise you'll just walk past it as I did like 3 times...

good stay, clean rooms and the staff were friendly and helpful. For the price this hostel was the best in Belfast. Only issue we had was the stoves not working properly, but all in all a great stay.

• 4th Mar 2015

The hostel was very hard to find from the outside. Althouh we had the exact address we weren't sure if we're right cause there was no sign at the outside of the building. Also the mentioned parking possibilities for the hostel were just free spaces on the road, which had nothing to do with the hostel. However, it was good that parking is free in this street, although you have to be lucky to get a free space. The breakfast buffet was nice and overall we enjoyed our stay.

• 2nd Mar 2015

Brekfast, bed, washing room.

• 23rd Feb 2015
  • Finland

Very noisy along a busy road - windows very old and half decaying with a lot of molding - When we stayed there were many groups of noisy students, the hostel was full. A great thanks to the young lady who let us have a double room instead of a mixed dormitory ! The showers and a few toilets were out of use too. It remains good value for money as it is very cheap (keep it that way !!) and the kitchen facilities are correct, and breakfast is included. And the mattresses were good !

I enjoyed my stay there. The place was well kept, clean and the atmosphere was great. Some minor issues though that I think could be addressed: 1. The closing and opening times of the kitchen and living room were too restrictive. I personally had to leave at 7am each morning and so could not have breakfast there nor store my lunch in the fridge for the next day. 2. The dorms were uncomfortably hot! With up to 10 people in 1 room, there is no need to have the heat on that high.

• 1st Feb 2015