Paddy's Palace Belfast Reviews

68 Lisburn Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland

Get in early for breakfast or there will be none left. I managed 1 piece of toast before the bread ran out. Several showers and toilets were out of order and the ones that were working were pretty gross. Location is good and easy to find.

The bathrooms had no toilet paper and the showers were a bit dirty.

• 20th Aug 2015

Staff were lovely! All comfortable. Just please fix the broken shower. And organise keys better.

• 15th Aug 2015

Great, friendly, helpful staff! Even handed us a nice fry up for breakfast next day! We def needed that! Thank you

• 15th Aug 2015

Had a great stay at Paddys, only a 20 min walk into the town center and really good value for money! Bathrooms were great with separate shower rooms and really clean! Would definitely stay here again.

Staff was very helpful whether it be directions, calling a taxi, food recommendations... you name it!! We enjoyed our weekend in Belfast and our stay at Paddy's!

our 8 bed dorm was really small and dirty. The bathrooms are so small and with a ceiling so low that it is impossible to move. Dirty also the Kitchen.

pros: super friendly and helpful reception, easy to locate, coco krispies at breakfast!, cheapest place to stay hands down. cons: wifi didn't work the entirety of my stay, not enough showers (lines in the morning), bunk beds are pushed against one another so that if one person in a four person room moves then all the beds move, solid 25 minute walk from downtown, doors are slamming nonstop, needs an update.

Overall this hostel was pretty nice. The rooms were small but clean and the showers were also clean. Organized game nights or movie nights would have helped this hostel feel a bit more like home. I felt quite distant from everyone. Plus the wifi had great signal but i was unable to connect with my phone for some reason.

While I understand check in times can only happen once people have checked out, 3 in the afternoon is too late. Plus no one would open the door for me, at 3.15 a guest did it. When I asked if the bell worked, I was told it was unplugged, why would it be unplugged? Not to mention an obstacle course of bags of damp smelling laundry and guests hoping to get a good WiFi signal at the office door.

While our stay was very inexpensive (£8/night for 8 person dorm), the lack of cleanliness and state of the facilities were unacceptable. The bathroom floors were filthy the entire time we were there (2days) and the facilities in general were extremely out of date and in poor condition. Would not recommend.

• 30th Jul 2015

when I walked into the hostel i thought I had walked into a sauna, it was ridiculously hot!! all through the hostel was exactly the same. not enough plug points in the rooms and was dirty. on a positive note it was cheap.

When we arrived, the staff was nice and helpful. We showed up exhausted but needing to do some work online. The wifi didn't work for most of the stay and was inconsistent for the hour it did. There was a noticeable amount of mold in the shower. There was no shade for the window and the lock on our door didn't work effectively.

If you claim to have internet it better work more than 5 yards from the router.

This place is amazing all-around but what its it phenomenal is the staff! They are really friendly and they work their hardest to make sure that the hostel is running smoothly and clean. There are plenty of bathrooms, which are clean as well. I would definitely recommend this place!

• 21st Jul 2015

Lovely staff, enjoyable stay. The beds were very comfy. Didnt use the kitchen or showers so cant comment on those. Thank you

• 21st Jul 2015
  • Northern Ireland

This hostel is great value for money. It is easy to access to it from the bus station Europa with a bus which leaves you right next to the door of the hostel. The staff is great and they can book tours to the Giant's causeway among other things. Breakfast is included which is very good for this price. The rooms and bathrooms, toilets are generally clean. It is a pleasant place to stay.

we enjoyed our stay in paddy's palace, the staff was very nice and organised a programme for the evenings which you could join if you want. The rooms were okay, nothing special with a own sink and loooads of mirrors (I don't know why actually :D). The kitchen is a bit tricky sometimes, you have to know how to use the stove - but it's funny to guess how it works. In conclusion, it was totally okay for the price we have payed.

I rent a room for 60 euros with my girlfriend just for one night. For this price a nice room was expected, instead we were in a small small room (6m2 i think), and the wall and floor were not very clean and were very thin so we heard our neighbours. We pay this room in order to have a good night, to sleep well and to have a bit of privacy, instead, we slept very badly with many noise and not enough place to move (2 persons in 6m2.......). For this bad night I hope to be refund.....

• 19th Jul 2015

I had a nice stay there, really clean rooms and bathroom, really nice shower as well. Well located, and also a good breakfast. I hadnt time enough to feel the atmosphere and interact with staff and others guest.

• 18th Jul 2015