Paddy's Palace Belfast Reviews

68 Lisburn Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland

Stayed for the tennants vital festival.. was just what we needed and at a very good price . Would Defford stay again

• 30th Aug 2015

We really enjoyed our stay. It was cheap and functional but also welcoming. Very clean and very helpful staff.

• 26th Aug 2015

So the girl who received U.S. was ridiculous. I think if she smoked anymore pot she would stop moving, serious sloth mode. We went back after checkin and the guy was much better. Only problem, the sloth girl gave our room away. So they wanted to bump us from a 4 bunk to a 6 bunk. So after saying no he found a 4 bunk for us, but no outside key to get into the hostel?? Only stayed one nite, thank god. oh and breakfast ran out at about 9 despite being advertised as 1030. glad it was only 1 night

• 21st Aug 2015

Get in early for breakfast or there will be none left. I managed 1 piece of toast before the bread ran out. Several showers and toilets were out of order and the ones that were working were pretty gross. Location is good and easy to find.

The bathrooms had no toilet paper and the showers were a bit dirty.

• 20th Aug 2015

Really friendly staff! But the atmosphere is a bit off (maybe that's because I was there by myself, idk). I stayed only one night so it was fine, but if I needed a couple more days, I'd probably look for another one. There aren't any lockers, so if you're traveling by yourself, that's something to consider. The breakfast is veeeery basic: tea, coffee, milk, cereal, bread, butter & jam.But I guess that's fair enough for the price you pay. Their check-in is at 3pm and check out at around 11am.

• 19th Aug 2015

Our stay at Paddys Palace was the worst experience ever. Nearly everything in the hostel was out of order (the showers, toilets, basins, toaster and so on). Our 8people room was very stuffy with one window, which of course was out of order and just two sockets for 8 people. Also there a no sockets in the bathrooms, so girls can't dry their hair. In the "dining room" sometimes appears a bucket, because there's water dropping through the ceiling. It was so worse, that it was already funny!

Staff were lovely! All comfortable. Just please fix the broken shower. And organise keys better.

• 15th Aug 2015

Great, friendly, helpful staff! Even handed us a nice fry up for breakfast next day! We def needed that! Thank you

• 15th Aug 2015

Had a great stay at Paddys, only a 20 min walk into the town center and really good value for money! Bathrooms were great with separate shower rooms and really clean! Would definitely stay here again.

Staff was very helpful whether it be directions, calling a taxi, food recommendations... you name it!! We enjoyed our weekend in Belfast and our stay at Paddy's!

our 8 bed dorm was really small and dirty. The bathrooms are so small and with a ceiling so low that it is impossible to move. Dirty also the Kitchen.

pros: super friendly and helpful reception, easy to locate, coco krispies at breakfast!, cheapest place to stay hands down. cons: wifi didn't work the entirety of my stay, not enough showers (lines in the morning), bunk beds are pushed against one another so that if one person in a four person room moves then all the beds move, solid 25 minute walk from downtown, doors are slamming nonstop, needs an update.

Overall this hostel was pretty nice. The rooms were small but clean and the showers were also clean. Organized game nights or movie nights would have helped this hostel feel a bit more like home. I felt quite distant from everyone. Plus the wifi had great signal but i was unable to connect with my phone for some reason.

While I understand check in times can only happen once people have checked out, 3 in the afternoon is too late. Plus no one would open the door for me, at 3.15 a guest did it. When I asked if the bell worked, I was told it was unplugged, why would it be unplugged? Not to mention an obstacle course of bags of damp smelling laundry and guests hoping to get a good WiFi signal at the office door.

While our stay was very inexpensive (£8/night for 8 person dorm), the lack of cleanliness and state of the facilities were unacceptable. The bathroom floors were filthy the entire time we were there (2days) and the facilities in general were extremely out of date and in poor condition. Would not recommend.

• 30th Jul 2015

when I walked into the hostel i thought I had walked into a sauna, it was ridiculously hot!! all through the hostel was exactly the same. not enough plug points in the rooms and was dirty. on a positive note it was cheap.

When we arrived, the staff was nice and helpful. We showed up exhausted but needing to do some work online. The wifi didn't work for most of the stay and was inconsistent for the hour it did. There was a noticeable amount of mold in the shower. There was no shade for the window and the lock on our door didn't work effectively.

If you claim to have internet it better work more than 5 yards from the router.

This place is amazing all-around but what its it phenomenal is the staff! They are really friendly and they work their hardest to make sure that the hostel is running smoothly and clean. There are plenty of bathrooms, which are clean as well. I would definitely recommend this place!

• 21st Jul 2015