Paddy's Palace Belfast Reviews

68 Lisburn Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland

About the only thing going for this place is the price. Place is unmarked outside and hard to find. Staff is unfriendly and customer service is non existent. Kitchen is dirty. Bathrooms appeared clean, but the drains didn't work. Beds were comfy and did have clean sheets, though. In a room of 10 beds, there was one outlet and no lockers. Wifi worked half the time.

Info on website of hostel is incorrect - breakfast is not included, if it is declared on website that it is, also credit cards are not accepted.

MyoMy only complaint would be that the website offered a private room which is what I always ask for when staying at a hotel we had no bathroom and had to go downstairs to the communal toilets

• 22nd Jul 2014

this was ideal for what I wanted my stay for and your local for taxis and town centre all withing 5 mins from where I was staying I always stay there as its cheap and cheerful and clean and staff are brilliant I will be back in sept and dec

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

It was the best hostel in our trip for Portugal and the UK. Excellent management, atmosphere and everything. Perfact! We Hope it keeep that way. We will recomend it to every body.

Already booked for next year and would recommend this hostel 👍

• 11th Jul 2014

I liked the hostel a lot. Staff very very nice and helpful. Thank you!

The kitchen needs some money spent on it i.e. some cups, cutlery and bowls for breakfast. It was pretty funny seeing people drinking tea from bowls instead of a mug. Limited working power points in the rooms.

We felt every spring in the mattress, the base was directly on the floor and a sink in the room with a note saying sorry for not having water. The kitchen/dining floor was sticky, the showers were good though and staff were awesome. It is noted, when we booked, the website said we could have a discounted day trip - this wasnt true. We had a room with en-suite for our last night, that was much better. Laundry facilities consists of 1 washer & 1 dryer mostly being used for hostel linen

Quite possibly the single-most disgusting establishment I have seen in a lifetime of traveling. From the 'reception' who took forever to appear at the door, to the room sink proudly proclaiming a "no running water" sign, I forfeited my deposit and got the hell outta Dodge as fast as possible... I was a fool to expect anything habitable in a major city for 26 bucks a night. My bad.

The living room closes very early.

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Spain

Nice clean hostel warm . Kitchen could be better and dont expect to sleep well as they have no staff present through the night to monitor the drunken people coming b from the pub

• 20th Jun 2014

This was the most disguesting place I have ever stayed in. They lied about giving you a discount on a tour to the Giant Causeways and Reception is hardly ever in. They try to rip you off any chance they get. I would have rather stayed up all night somewhere then stay there again. Worst place ever!!! Do not stay!!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!

• 19th Jun 2014

Great hostel, very comfy beds, wifi a bit dodgy at times on the upper floor, could do with a bathroom on the upper floors as well, good location, not far from the city and bus station.

A bit far from everything but alright for a night's stopover.

The staff were rude. The place was filthy. Thank goodness I was only staying one night.

Simple hostel but ok for a nights stay. Great breakfast but didn't help that the staff slept in on the day and were not too worried about setting up close to 20 minutes late - when you have a flight to catch and you are on a budget, timing and getting what you paid for is important. The hostel does need a little clean/upgrade in some areas, but overall still an ok stay.

You get what you pay for. There was however, a friendly lady that helped me the morning of our checkout... Even though it was her day off, but that was the best I can say of this location.

Central location with helpful staff, but facilities are very basic and the condition of the cupboards and floor in the dorm was questionable at best. Otherwise showers are clean, decent given the price.

i only stayed one night so can't say much but in the short space of time it was difficult to find staff. But the two staff members i did see were very nice. didn't notice much of an issue with the door and security myself but can understand what people mean . The location is alright, the hostel itself has no signs outside, so a bit confusing to find. Room floor was a little dirty. Bathroom was fine! Not much of an atmosphere. Other Paddy's are great, this one not so much.

• 22nd May 2014