Paddy's Palace Belfast Reviews

68 Lisburn Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland

Difficult to find. few taken. lots of noise

The internet is horrible!

• 14th Nov 2014

The whole place is a huge mess!! Most people staying here are quite older or are living/ working there so there is no atmosphere. You can hardly get into reception as the whole hallway is piled up with bags of dirty laundry!

The hostel is alright. It needs a bit of deep cleaning and renovations especially the kitchen. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are good. The floor of my dorm room was a bit dirty and needed a good sweap.

My friends and I enjoyed our stay there and we really liked the atmosphere and staff. Very good place.

One outlet for ten people, wi-fi doesn't reach the rooms, no communal computers, ran out of breakfast, didn't impress the rules on the guests (i.e. we had the rudest roommates ever, quiet hours were not enforced), and the location is not ideal.

No gender dorms! Shared room with a stinky and hard snoring man! Bathrooms were not clean! No storage oppurtunity to lock own stuff in rooms.

It was in a good enough location, although as a person from the republic it probably wasn't the best place to be. The hostel was small and bathrooms/showers are very limited, but it was fine for the money. Not a great atmosphere for young party-goers. Breakfast was cereal/toast. I think I set the bar too high for hostels after staying in the amazing Kinlay Hostel, Dublin and The Railway Hostel in Killarney.

filthy kitchen, as most reviews here have pointed out. grease all over the walls and in the cups and plates. staff are dreadful.they are rude, ignorant and don't want you to be there. good location though. cheap but depressing.

• 7th Oct 2014

I WOULD NOT STAY HERE EVER AGAIN it is the cheapest place to stay in Belfast but the employees were very unfriendly, cant be bothered to answer questions, or even tell you where the kitchen, bathrooms and social areas are. The fridge is full of rotting food, the free breakfast is ok just toast & cereal just thrown on the counter everything was dirty in the kitchen the employees don't take any care for the facilitiies. The kitchen and living rooms close very early. Thumbs down on all levels!!!!!

I stayed here for a week in September. Some of the 'long term residents' here have a problem with people from the south of Ireland and are not afraid to let you know this. The New Zealand receptionist was terribly rude and in your face. I'm sure there are many better places to stay in Belfast other than this hole of a place.

Need a big sign on front of the building.

Cheapest and a good accomodation for not rich travelers as I am) I would recommend this hostel)

• 17th Sep 2014
  • Ukraine

The cleanliness of the rooms was good, the bathrooms were average but the kitchen was horrible! There were spiderwebs on the ceiling and grease on the walls and the cupboard! Now I understand why there are no pictures of the kitchen on the site ..

When I arrived at the hostel, i was informed that it was cash only. I wasnt prepared so i had to walk to a shop to get money out (after walking all through town trying to find the place). It is VERY loud, and people are always coming in and out. the showers are great and thats about it!

• 12th Sep 2014

No sign out front at all to this hostel. Need a 24/7 check in, as A poor guy who came in around 2200 wanted a room and was turned away because of no check in. He had no where to stay till 6am for his ferry home.

Such a good hostel! Breakfast one of the best. Dinner option yummy and convenient. Cool outdoor area for drinks and socialising but also quiet movie room which was perfect after a long and exhausting day of visiting Connemara - which the hostel organised for me! The staff are incredible and welcoming. The location is in the student area and pretty convenient. Definitely stay here!

For the price you pay it was great value for money and everyone was so friendly 😃 I will definitely be staying there again when I visit Belfast 👍

• 20th Aug 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Regards, Management

Staff didn't seem to know what was going on, they were very nice and as helpful as could be but it all was just poorly organised.

• 20th Aug 2014

Hi We had a new staff member checking in on the night you stayed with us. They are more familiar with the process now. Thank you for your review. Regards, Management

We reserved a private double bed room and we ended up sleeping with 8 people... "Sorry overbooked"

• 20th Aug 2014

Hi, I am shocked to hear that you did not get your private room as booked. This should not have happened and I apologise on behalf of the team at Paddy's Palace. We hope to do better in the future. Regards, Management