Paddy's Palace Belfast Reviews

68 Lisburn Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland

when I walked into the hostel i thought I had walked into a sauna, it was ridiculously hot!! all through the hostel was exactly the same. not enough plug points in the rooms and was dirty. on a positive note it was cheap.

When we arrived, the staff was nice and helpful. We showed up exhausted but needing to do some work online. The wifi didn't work for most of the stay and was inconsistent for the hour it did. There was a noticeable amount of mold in the shower. There was no shade for the window and the lock on our door didn't work effectively.

This place is amazing all-around but what its it phenomenal is the staff! They are really friendly and they work their hardest to make sure that the hostel is running smoothly and clean. There are plenty of bathrooms, which are clean as well. I would definitely recommend this place!

• 21st Jul 2015

Lovely staff, enjoyable stay. The beds were very comfy. Didnt use the kitchen or showers so cant comment on those. Thank you

• 21st Jul 2015
  • Northern Ireland

I had a nice stay there, really clean rooms and bathroom, really nice shower as well. Well located, and also a good breakfast. I hadnt time enough to feel the atmosphere and interact with staff and others guest.

• 18th Jul 2015

For the price we paid it was great. The beds are nice. The common areas close at 10pm (12 on weekends) so it makes hanging out a bit difficult but not bad. The place isn't spotless but it is clean enough. I would stay there again.

• 14th Jul 2015

Run down with numerous defects. Window, wifi, lights, locks all broken on my stay. The location is ok, near sights in the south but it's a walk to the other areas. Staff was nice and tired their best to help. Only really cheap place in Belfast. Good place to lay your head for 1 night but not much more.

Staff was brilliant, 10 Dorm Room was spacious, and the lounge was nice. I people who stayed in my room were great. Had no problem with the noise level. Kitchen and Dining Room need attention, they are both in need of renovation.But also little things could already improve it, like more and clean to towels and getting rid of those ridiculous vending machines. Also the kitchen should be at least open at 7 so don't have to eat on staircase.

The staff was great and facilities were pretty good. For the price its a great deal. Altought someone entered without permission one night

• 5th Jul 2015
  • Dominican Republic

Nice open common area the rooms were kept clean. However it was not marked from the outside and was very hard to find because of it.

Seems like none of the toilets would flush.

While the staff was friendly enough, the area was sketchy. We didn't get in until midnight, and were excited for a good night's sleep. At 2:00 am, we heard screaming & pounding on the streets. This escalated over about 15 minutes until a woman started screaming for her life. It was the most violent, scary sound I'd ever heard. Apparently, a man was attacked by 5 men & beaten badly. His girlfriend was screaming for help.

It look Likes student dormitory. Kitchen wasn't clean enough but comfortable bathroom.

The dorms are really dark and hot, perhaps more lighting and maybe some fans would be nice. The bathroom's probably should be cleaned twice during the day, they get really dirty quickly, or at least if there was mats at the shower, the floor may get less dirty. Otherwise everything was great!

We stayed in 10 bed mixed dorm which was spacious enough and the bed was comfortable, however, the room was stuffy and had no locker, cupboard etc, and lacked convenient lighting and power sockets. The bathrooms were not clean but showers worked quite well. The kitchen was terribly under-equipped. All cooking facilities and surfaces were dirty and not enough fridge space. We didn't trust the hygiene of the breakfast offered or plates, cups etc. Doors to street and dorms left open - unsafe

Wasn't bad. Nice place. Showers were good except the shower doors. They were broken. I had to fix mine. And my friend had to fix there's. And if I could fix it with my hands it shouldn't be hard to just go in with tools and tighten it up.

Great place! Staff where friendly, good location and clean. Only recommendation would be to maybe have shower mats in the bathrooms. Overall had a great stay.

It a was place to stay, nothin wrong to say just thinking about price which is cheapest one.

There's no option to pay with credit card :(

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Poland

The air circulation in the room is not good, so if you stayed with some smelly person in the same room, it's not comfort.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4